MPSC exams are conducted by the Maharashtra Public Service Commission. The MPSC conducts various recruitment examinations for Group A, B and C vacancies in the Maharashtra state administration.
The MPSC calendar 2019 can be downloaded from the link below.
In the year 2019, MPSC will conduct the following exams:
- Assistant Section Officer Exam 2018
- State Services Examination 2019
- Maharashtra Subordinate Services Combined Exam 2019
- Police Sub Inspector Exam 2019
- Civil Judge and Judicial Magistrate Exam 2019
- Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector Exam 2019
- Maharashtra Group-C Services Combined Exam 2019
- Maharashtra Agriculture Services Examination 2019
- Maharashtra Forest Services Exam 2019
- Maharashtra Engineering Servies Combined Exam 2019
- Assistant Section Officer Exam 2019
- State Tax Inspector Exam 2019
- Maharashtra Education Services (Group B) Exam 2019
Table of Contents:
- MPSC Exam Calendar
- Apply Online
- MPSC State Service Exam
- MPSC Posts and Salaries
- MPSC Application Fee
- About MPSC
Many aspirants prepare simultaneously for State Civil Service Exams and the Civil Service Exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
The UPSC calendar 2019 can be seen here.
The dates for MPSC recruitment exams is given below:
Interested candidates can apply online for the MPSC exams at the official site (mahampsc.mahaonline.gov.in).
The MPSC has made the entire application process online.
The steps to apply online for MPSC exams are given below:
- Open the official Maha Online site in the browser
- If you don’t have an account, you will need to create one in order to apply for MPSC recruitment exams.
- Login using Id and Password. The home page will display the steps for application submission along with the latest MPSC recruitment advertisements and notifications.
- Create your profile (this is a one-time process). The profile is divided into six compartments:
- Personal Information – Full name, Date of Birth, Maharashtra Domicile, Disability, Caste/Category etc.
- Address Information
- Other Information – Ex-serviceman, Govt employee, Sportsperson, Physical details (Height, Weight etc.)
- Qualification Information – SSC, HSC, Graduation, Post Graduation etc.
- Experience Information – Professional work experience
- Upload Photo/Signature (Download instructions in Marathi here)
- From the list of exams for which you are eligible, select the particular exam
- Fill and submit the MPSC application form
- For paying the fee, candidates can either pay
- bank payment
- at citizen service centres
- For competitive exams, candidates need to select the MPSC exam centre to complete the online application process
MPSC State Service Exam 2019
The State Service Exam or the MPSC Rajyaseva Exam is conducted by the commission to recruit Group A and Group B officers in the various administrative branches of the Maharashtra state government.
The pattern and syllabus of the state service exam is loosely modelled on the lines of the UPSC IAS exam.
Candidates who are preparing for MPSC State Service Exam will find the below links helpful:
- MPSC Eligibility Criteria for State Service Exam
- MPSC Preparation – Free study material, books, notes and current affairs
- MPSC Syllabus and Exam Pattern – Download the State Service Exam 2019 syllabus PDF
- MPSC Question Papers – Download Exam Papers (along with Answer Keys) for State Service Exam (2019, 2018, 2017, 2016).
Candidates who plan to prepare for the UPSC IAS Exam along with the MPSC Exam can refer the links below:
MPSC State Service Exam 2019 Information and Dates:
MPSC Exam Centres
The exam centres for the State Service Exam – Mains are:
The MPSC exam centres for State Service Preliminary Exam are given below:
MPSC Posts and Salaries
For information on MPSC exams, jobs and latest advertisements, candidates should refer to the official website.
The MPSC advertisements list the vacancy, eligibility details for various posts.
For e.g., the MPSC State Service Exam (Preliminary) Notification 2019 listed:
- Vacancies: 342 (later changed to 339)
- Dy. Collector (Group A)
- Dy. Superintendent of Police/Assistant Commissioner of Police (Group A)
- Assistant Director (Maharashtra Finance and Accounts Service – Group A)
- Industry Deputy Director – Technical (Group A)
- Tehsildar (Group A)
- Deputy Education Officer (Maharashtra Education Services – Group A)
- Assistant Regional Transport Officer (Group A)
- Room Officer (Group A)
- Assistant Group Development Officer (Group B)
- Industry Officer – Technical (Group A)
- Naib Tehsildar (Group B)
In 2018, the MPSC posted on its official website the scheme (exam pattern) of the State Services Exam. The exam scheme gives the posts, salaries, pay scale, eligibility, instructions for candidates, along with the pattern for Prelims and Mains.
The MPSC posts and salaries are given below:
MPSC Application Fee for State Service Exam:
For the State Service Preliminary Exam, candidates have to pay application fee:
- General: Rs 524
- Category: Rs 324
For the State Service Mains Exam, candidates have to pay application fee:
- General: Rs 524
- Category: Rs 324
The MPSC exam form fee details are given below:
The Maharashtra Public Service Commission is a constitutional body which conducts recruitment exams and advises the state government on recruitment rules, transfers, disciplinary action etc.
The MPSC comprises a Chairperson and five other members. However, for some time now, several seats are lying vacant causing delays in the recruitment process.
Currently, the MPSC Chairman is Shri Chandrashekhar Vasant Oak. He was appointed as the Acting Chairman when the Chairperson resigned.
MPSC contact details are given below: