BYJU’S is starting a new segment titled EPW – Economic & Political Weekly in its pursuit of helping students crack the UPSC civil services exam. This is a weekly update and covers important articles relevant for UPSC, that are featured in the EPW.
About the EPW
EPW is a weekly magazine that covers various important issues of a political and economic nature. It also publishes research in the social sciences apart from contemporary issues. Started in 1949, the magazine features articles written by researchers, academics, independent thinkers, policymakers, political activists and members of NGOs. The articles are on diverse topics including politics, economics, environment, culture, sociology and the like.
Apart from publishing articles on contemporary affairs, it also publishes research articles on social sciences.
Features of our EPW segment
- The EPW has been a favourite with UPSC aspirants because of its good quality and amazing coverage.
- While the original magazine covers a variety of topics and events, only a few are relevant and required for the IAS exam. Students have a hard time picking those exam-worthy articles. Our segment covers only those needed exclusively for IAS.
- Our segment provides a gist of the relevant articles. Students need not waste time reading the entire article or research paper. What we provide is in a crisp and ready-to-read format for the civil services exam.
- In the UPSC exam, students need to write multiple perspectives on issues covering different angles such as social, cultural, legal, economic, political, etc. This segment will analyse the various articles on EPW from different angles and present it in the best possible manner for the UPSC IAS exam.
- This will also help students keep abreast of current affairs and events, which should be the backbone of the IAS preparation.
In this segment, we give you exclusive analysis on articles and material covered in the journal examined and broken down for your IAS preparation. We will update this segment every week with the latest articles and insights. The EPW combined with our other segments like the Comprehensive News Analysis, Topic of the Day, Gist of Yojana, Gist of RSTV, PIB and Issues in News, should give you enough leverage over your competitors in your quest for the IAS dream.