Yojana is a monthly magazine published by the Government of India that covers socio-economic issues in India.
It is one of the resources widely recommended by many experts, to be included in the UPSC Civil Services Exam Preparation as it covers in detail, important social and economic issues briefed in the newspapers. Before starting with Yojana, it is important for the aspirants to understand the relevance of Yojana for UPSC Exam Preparation as this will give them an idea on how to pick and choose important topics and identify the areas to be focused on in an edition.
Importance of Yojana for IAS
- Covers important socio-economic issues
- Covers many topics including current affairs important for GS paper 1 and GS paper 2
- Reading the Yojana also helps in the UPSC personality test/interview
- It contains authentic information that is reliable as it comes from the government itself – hence, can be safely used in the UPSC exam
- It generally gives both sides of the coin, i.e., both the pros and cons of an issue
- Topics covered include polity, governance, schemes, agriculture, economy, international relations, federalism, budget, banking, etc.
- Recommended by most IAS toppers
Yojana Summary for UPSC
Here, in this section, IAS Aspirants can find the list of Yojana monthly issues from the year 2015 till the recent editions. The gist of the topics of each month’s issue can be found in this section.
Click on the links below to download the PDF of Monthly Yojana Issues and their gists from 2015 till 2018.