The Yojana is an important magazine for UPSC exam preparation. Next to ‘The Hindu’, it is considered an essential read for success in the UPSC civil services exam. The reason why it is highly rated by aspirants and toppers alike is that it is one of the most authentic sources of information there is since it is published by the Government of India itself.
Aspirants can download the monthly Gist of Yojana in PDF format at the linked article and move ahead with preparing notes for the upcoming IAS Exam.
Moreover, it is a very cheap source of good and correct data. Even if you are loath to spend this amount, you can download the PDF of this magazine from the internet absolutely free! You must include the Yojana in your reading material for the IAS exam. However, there are certain things you must avoid while reading the Yojana. Read about them in this article.
What to avoid in the Yojana?
- Avoid reading about any individual achievements being emphasised. Although such stories may be extremely motivating and interesting to read, they are not UPSC-relevant.
- There would be articles that mention pilot projects, that is, they talk about any technology or concept that was applied in a local area. Avoid these articles also.
- Many times, the information would be repeated in magazines. Avoid reading repetitive information as it would be redundant.
- You can also ignore case studies mentioned in the magazines.
- Also given in the magazines would be opinions of some ministers or any other persons. You can avoid such articles also.
- You should also ignore any numbers/figures given in the magazine in the form of tables or charts. Only basic numbers are enough for the IAS exam.
- Any information that is non-UPSC relevant should be ignored.
- An important point to note is that this magazine should be read-only after you have read the basics from other standard textbooks. Don’t substitute it for your basic books like the NCERTs.
If you know what to avoid in these magazines, you can avoid wasting precious time during your UPSC exam preparation.
Why Read Yojana Magazine?
Read the Yojana magazines as they provide reliable, authentic, mostly politically neutral and scholarly articles which can prove invaluable for your UPSC exam. Moreover, it also covers major subjects like polity, economics, public administration, geography, disasters, social issues, health, etc. In case you don’t find time to read the whole Yojana, worry not, you can turn to BYJU’S ‘Gist of Yojana’ to get comprehensive and apt preparation material.
Apart from Yojana Magazine, candidates can also get official data and reliable information for IAS preparation by referring to the links given below:
- Gist of Kurukshetra
- The Hindu: Daily Video Analysis
- Review of PIB Release
- Gist of Rajya Sabha TV (RSTV)
For more details on how to read the Yojana magazine for IAS exam, click on the link below:
Visit BYJU’S Website for strategy and articles on free IAS prep and all the latest on UPSC IAS exam.