APPSC Group 1 is a prestigious competitive exam that is conducted to recruit civil servants in the state administration of Andhra Pradesh. The Group 1 (Mains) Examination 2019 that were scheduled to take place from 12-12-2019 to 23-12-2019 have been postponed by the Commission on administrative grounds. The revised dates of the Mains exam will be released on 13-11-2019.
The Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) is a constitutional body which assists the state government in matters of recruitment, transfers and disciplinary actions.
In this article, you can find APPSC exam details, notifications, online application procedure, and information on APPSC Group 1 Exam 2019.
Table of Contents:
For the details of Public Service Commission Exams conducted by other states, candidates can refer to the linked article.
The updated and revised 2019 APPSC Exam Calendar is given here for reference:
|Exam Name/APPSC Notification||Vacancies||Prelims Exam Date||Mains Exam Date|
|Group II Services||446||May 5, 2019||29, 30th August 2019|
|Asst Commissioner of Endowments||07||–||13, 14th May 2019|
|AEEs in Various Engineering Services||309||Feb 17, 2019||14,15th May 2019|
|Asst Director of Eco. and Stats.||06||–||14,15th May 2019|
|Group I Services||169||May 26, 2019||12-23 December 2019 (Postponed)
Revised Dates to be announced on 13 November 2019.
|Forest Range Officer||24||May 28, 2019||(tentative) August 2019|
|Fisheries Development Officer||43||–||28, 29th May 2019|
|Asst Inspector of Fisheries||10||–||29th, 30th May 2019|
|Sericulture Officer||13||–||28, 29th May 2019|
|Junior Assistant/Typist in Acharya NG Ranga Agriculture University||115||–||30, 31st May 2019|
|Asst Statistical Officer||78||–||30th May 2019|
|Forest Beat Officer + Asst Beat Officer||330+100||June 16, 2019||3rd September 2019|
|Deputy Surveyor||29||–||19, 20th June 2019|
|Town Planning Building Overseer||18||–||20th June 2019|
|Divisional Accounts Officer||20||July 7, 2019||(tentative) October 2019|
|Hostel Welfare Officer||28||–||11th July 2019|
|Forest Section Officer||50||–||29, 30th July 2019|
|Food Safety Officer||22||–||30, 31st July 2019|
|Panchayat Secretary Grade IV||1051||April 21, 2019||(tentative) August 2019|
|Assistant Telugu Translator||02||–||(tentative) August 2019|
|Junior Lecturer||237||–||(tentative) September 2019|
|Polytechnic Lecturer||405||–||(tentative) September 2019|
|Degree College Lecturer||308||–||(tentative) September 2019|
|Gazetted Posts||As notified||–||(tentative) July/October 2019|
|Non-Gazetted Posts||As notified||–||(tentative) July/October 2019
The APPSC notifications list out the exam date, vacancies, eligibility criteria, syllabus and the procedure to apply online. Candidates can check the notifications for upcoming exams on the official website of APPSC.
The APPSC Contact details are as follows:
- Official Website: https://psc.ap.gov.in/
- Phone Number: 0866-2527820 and 0866-2527821
- Address: APPSC Office, New Government Offices Building 2nd Floor, MG Road(Bandhar Road), Opposite Indira Gandhi Municipal Complex, Vijayawada – 520010, AP
- Composition of commission: Chairman + 9 members
- Current Chairman: Dr Uday Bhaskar
For applying to any APPSC exam, candidates have to follow the steps given below:
- Open the official site in browser
- On the homepage, you can find the latest news and notifications for upcoming exams
- Before you can apply for any exam, candidates first have to complete the One-Time-Profile-Registration (OTPR)
- Click on the OTPR link given on the right side on the APPSC homepage
- On the page that opens up, click on New Registration for Direct Recruitment.
- The candidates will have to enter the following information:
- Aadhaar Details
- Basic Details
- Address Details
- Educational Qualifications
- Photo and Signature Upload
- Review the entered information carefully and click on Submit.
- On successful submission, the OTPR Reference Id will be generated and displayed on a screen
- Once candidates get the Reference Id, they can log in
- After login, candidates have to click on the “Online Application Submission” present in the bottom right corner of the APPSC homepage
- Click on the payment link next to the notification you want to apply for
- The form will be pre-populated from the data given for OTPR
- Verify the details and fill the application-specific data
- Submit the application and complete the payment process.
- After payment is successful, the payment reference id will be generated
- Thereafter the candidate will have to fill the application form (most details will be filled from the OTPR data).
- Choose the exam centre, post preference etc.
- Submit the form and save/print the application receipt.
- Use the application receipt for any future reference/correspondence.
Group 1 Services Exam 2019
The APPSC Group 1 Exam Details for the exam year 2019 are given below:
- Name of Exam: APPSC Group 1
- Exam Stages: 3; Prelims, Mains and Interview
- Date of APPSC Notification: December 2018
- Last Date of Submitting Application: February 2019
- Date of APPSC Group 1 – Prelims: May 26, 2019
- Vacancies: 169 (44 Carry Forward Vacancies + 125 Fresh Vacancies)
- Result of APPSC Group 1 – Prelims: November 1, 2019
- Date of APPSC Group 1 – Mains: The exam has been postponed on administrative grounds. Revised Dates will be announced on 13-11-2019. (Original Dates – 12 December 2019 – 23 December 2019) (Revised Dates – Yet to be announced.)
- Get the complete APPSC Group 1 Eligibility Criteria here
- Check the APPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern
- Download the detailed APPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2019 from the linked article
- Get APPSC study material, notes, Current Affairs for Group 1 exam preparation
- Check APPSC Result through the linked article
Candidates can also see the details of IAS Exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission at the linked article.
As per the APPSC Notification for Group 1 Exam 2019, the posts and salaries are given below:
|Post Code||Name of Post||Service||Scale of Pay|
|1||Deputy Collector||Andhra Pradesh Civil Service||Rs 40,270 – Rs 93,780|
|2||Assistant Commissioner||AP State Tax Service||Rs 40,270 – Rs 93,780|
|3||Deputy Superintendent of Police (Cat -2)||AP Police Service||Rs 40,270 – Rs 93,780|
|4||Deputy Superintendent of Jails (Men)||AP Jail Service||Rs 37,100 – Rs 91,450|
|5||District Fire Officer||AP Fire Service||Rs 37,100 – Rs 91,450|
|6||Asst Treasury Officer/Asst Accounts Officer||AP Treasury and Accounts Service||Rs 35,120 – Rs 87,130|
|7||Regional Transport Officer||AP Transport Service||Rs 37,100 – Rs 91,450|
|8||Asst Prohibition & Excise Superintendent||AP Excise Service||Rs 35,120 – Rs 87,130|
|9||Mandal Parishad Development Officer||AP Panchayat Raj and Rural Development Service||Rs 35,120 – Rs 87,130|
|10||District Registrar||AP Registration Service||Rs 37,100 – Rs 91,450|
|11||District Employment Officer||AP Employment Exchange Service||Rs 35,120 – Rs 87,130|
|12||Deputy Registrar||AP Cooperative Service||Rs 37,100 – Rs 91,450|
|13||District Tribal Welfare Officer||AP Tribal Welfare Service||Rs 37,100 – Rs 91,450|
|14||District Social Welfare Officer||AP Social Welfare Service||Rs 37,100 – Rs 91,450|
|15||District BC Welfare Officer||AP BC Welfare Service||Rs 37,100 – Rs 91,450|
|16||District Panchayat Officer||AP Panchayat Raj and Rural Development Service||Rs 37,100 – Rs 91,450|
|17||Municipal Commissioner Grade-II||AP Municipal Administration Services||Rs 35,120 – Rs 87,130|
|18||Administrative Officer/Lay Secretary and Treasurer Grade-II||AP Medical and Health (Administration) Service||Rs 35,120 – Rs 87,130|
|19||Asst Audit Officer||AP State Audit Service||Rs 35,120 – Rs 87,130|