APPSC Group 1 is a prestigious competitive exam that is conducted to recruit civil servants in the state administration of Andhra Pradesh.
Candidates will find the updated information about APPSC Group 1 in this article.
Table of Contents:
- Latest Updates about APPSC
- APPSC Group 1 Exam
- Apply Online
- APPSC Posts and Salaries
- APPSC Contact Details
Latest Update Regarding APPSC Exams
- APPSC 2019 Selection Notification out – The commission has released a notice on july 5th 2022, regarding the selection of candidates for APPSC exam 2019. The recruitment process (prelims, mains and interview) for selecting candidates, to 167 posts in Group-I Services, in the State of Andhra Pradesh is completed. Candidates who appared for the APPSC 2019 exam can check their registration numbers on the APPSC Selection Notification PDF provided below –
- APPSC Exam Pattern to Change – In wake of state services reforms, the APPSC has dispensed interviews for state public service commission examinations under all categories, including for Group-I services.
- The new pattern of the APPSC Group 1 Exam for all upcoming recruitments would be:
- Stage I – Prelims, and
- Stage II – Mains
- The APPSC Group 1 Interview 2019 has been postponed in the light of directions and instructions issued by the Andhra Pradesh High Court. Fresh APPSC Dates for Group 1 interview yet not out.
APPSC Group 1 Exam 2022
APPSC Group 1 2020-21 notification is not out yet. We will update the dates for APPSC Group 1 Prelims and Group 1 Mains 2020-21 once the official notification is out.
The APPSC Group 1 Exam details for the exam year 2020-21 will be updated below:
- Name of Exam: APPSC Group 1
- Exam Stages: Prelims & Mains [Interviews are scrapped]
- Date of APPSC Notification: To be announced
- Date of APPSC Group 1 Prelims: To be announced
Candidates can go through the latest notification, syllabus, and eligibility criteria of APPSC Group 1 exam from the linked articles given below:
The Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC) is a constitutional body that assists the state government in matters of recruitment, transfers, and disciplinary actions.
For the details of Public Service Commission Exams conducted by other states, candidates can refer to the linked article.
APPSC Group-I Services 2019
The APPSC Group 1 Exam Details for the exam year 2019 are given below:
- Name of Exam: APPSC Group 1
- Exam Stages: 3; Prelims, Mains and Interview
- Date of APPSC Notification: December 2018
- Last Date of Submitting Application: February 2019
- Date of APPSC Group 1 – Prelims: May 26, 2019
- Vacancies: 169 (44 Carry Forward Vacancies + 125 Fresh Vacancies)
- Result of APPSC Group 1 – Prelims: November 1, 2019
- Date of APPSC Group 1 – Mains: December 14, 2020 onwards
- APPSC Group 1 Mains 2019 Result has been announced. Candidates can check the APPSC Mains Result Updates in the linked article. The exam took place between 14th December 2020 and 20th December 2020. The qualified candidates have to download the proforma application from the Commission’s website and submit the filled detailed application form on or before 15th June 2021 through the web link provided by APPSC and produce one copy at the time of certificate verification.
- Download the APPSC Question Papers for Group 1 Mains examination answer practise from APPSC Study Material post.
- 9678 candidates appeared for APPSC Group 1 Mains Examination 2019 after the commission released the revised APPSC Group 1 Prelims result 2019.
The APPSC Exam Calendar is given below. *Candidates must cross-verify the dates of the ongoing examinations from the official website of APPSC – (psc.ap.gov.in):
|Exam Name/APPSC Notification||Vacancies||Prelims Exam Date||Mains Exam Date|
|Group II Services||446||May 5, 2019||29, 30th August 2019|
|Asst Commissioner of Endowments||07||–||13, 14th May 2019|
|AEEs in Various Engineering Services||309||Feb 17, 2019||14,15th May 2019|
|Asst Director of Eco. and Stats.||06||–||14,15th May 2019|
|Group I Services||169||May 26, 2019||2nd November 2020 onward|
|Forest Range Officer||24||May 28, 2019||(tentative) August 2019|
|Fisheries Development Officer||43||–||28, 29th May 2019|
|Asst Inspector of Fisheries||10||–||29th, 30th May 2019|
|Sericulture Officer||13||–||28, 29th May 2019|
|Junior Assistant/Typist in Acharya NG Ranga Agriculture University||115||–||30, 31st May 2019|
|Asst Statistical Officer||78||–||30th May 2019|
|Forest Beat Officer + Asst Beat Officer||330+100||June 16, 2019||3rd September 2019|
|Deputy Surveyor||29||–||19, 20th June 2019|
|Town Planning Building Overseer||18||–||20th June 2019|
|Divisional Accounts Officer||20||July 7, 2019||(tentative) October 2019|
|Hostel Welfare Officer||28||–||11th July 2019|
|Forest Section Officer||50||–||29, 30th July 2019|
|Food Safety Officer||22||–||30, 31st July 2019|
|Panchayat Secretary Grade IV||1051||April 21, 2019||(tentative) August 2019|
|Assistant Telugu Translator||02||–||(tentative) August 2019|
|Junior Lecturer||237||–||(tentative) September 2019|
|Polytechnic Lecturer||405||–||(tentative) September 2019|
|Degree College Lecturer||308||–||(tentative) September 2019|
|Gazetted Posts||As notified||–||(tentative) July/October 2019|
|Non-Gazetted Posts||As notified||–||(tentative) July/October 2019
APPSC – Apply Online
For applying to any APPSC exam, candidates have to follow the steps given below:
- Open the official site in the browser
- On the homepage, you can find the latest news and notifications for upcoming exams
- Before you apply for any exam, candidates first have to complete the One-Time-Profile-Registration (OTPR)
- Click on the OTPR link given on the right side of the APPSC homepage
- On the page that opens up, click on New Registration for Direct Recruitment.
- The candidates will have to enter the following information:
- Aadhaar Details
- Basic Details
- Address Details
- Educational Qualifications
- Photo and Signature Upload
- Review the entered information carefully and click on Submit.
- On successful submission, the OTPR Reference ID will be generated and displayed on a screen
- Once candidates get the Reference ID, they can log in
- After login, candidates have to click on the “Online Application Submission” present in the bottom right corner of the APPSC homepage
- Click on the payment link next to the notification you want to apply for
- The form will be pre-populated from the data given for OTPR
- Verify the details and fill the application-specific data
- Submit the application and complete the payment process.
- After payment is successful, the payment reference ID will be generated
- Thereafter, the candidate will have to fill the application form (most details will be filled from the OTPR data).
- Choose the exam centre, post preference etc.
- Submit the form and save/print the application receipt.
- Use the application receipt for any future reference/correspondence.
Candidates can also see the details of the IAS Exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission in the linked article.
APPSC Group 1 Posts and Salaries
As per the APPSC Notification for Group 1 Exam 2019, the posts and salaries are given below:
|Post Code||Name of Post||Service||Scale of Pay|
|1||Deputy Collector||Andhra Pradesh Civil Service||Rs 40,270 – Rs 93,780|
|2||Assistant Commissioner||AP State Tax Service||Rs 40,270 – Rs 93,780|
|3||Deputy Superintendent of Police (Cat -2)||AP Police Service||Rs 40,270 – Rs 93,780|
|4||Deputy Superintendent of Jails (Men)||AP Jail Service||Rs 37,100 – Rs 91,450|
|5||District Fire Officer||AP Fire Service||Rs 37,100 – Rs 91,450|
|6||Asst Treasury Officer/Asst Accounts Officer||AP Treasury and Accounts Service||Rs 35,120 – Rs 87,130|
|7||Regional Transport Officer||AP Transport Service||Rs 37,100 – Rs 91,450|
|8||Asst Prohibition & Excise Superintendent||AP Excise Service||Rs 35,120 – Rs 87,130|
|9||Mandal Parishad Development Officer||AP Panchayat Raj and Rural Development Service||Rs 35,120 – Rs 87,130|
|10||District Registrar||AP Registration Service||Rs 37,100 – Rs 91,450|
|11||District Employment Officer||AP Employment Exchange Service||Rs 35,120 – Rs 87,130|
|12||Deputy Registrar||AP Cooperative Service||Rs 37,100 – Rs 91,450|
|13||District Tribal Welfare Officer||AP Tribal Welfare Service||Rs 37,100 – Rs 91,450|
|14||District Social Welfare Officer||AP Social Welfare Service||Rs 37,100 – Rs 91,450|
|15||District BC Welfare Officer||AP BC Welfare Service||Rs 37,100 – Rs 91,450|
|16||District Panchayat Officer||AP Panchayat Raj and Rural Development Service||Rs 37,100 – Rs 91,450|
|17||Municipal Commissioner Grade-II||AP Municipal Administration Services||Rs 35,120 – Rs 87,130|
|18||Administrative Officer/Lay Secretary and Treasurer Grade-II||AP Medical and Health (Administration) Service||Rs 35,120 – Rs 87,130|
|19||Asst Audit Officer||AP State Audit Service||Rs 35,120 – Rs 87,130|
The APPSC Contact details are as follows:
- Official Website: https://psc.ap.gov.in/
- Phone Number: 040-29802633
- Address: APPSC Office, New Government Offices Building 2nd Floor, MG Road(Bandhar Road), Opposite Indira Gandhi Municipal Complex, Vijayawada – 520010, AP
- Composition of commission: Chairman + 9 members
- Current Chairman: Dr P. Udaya Bhaskar
To prepare for other government exams, check the links below:
APPSC Group 1 Related Queries
How can one apply for Group 1 APPSC?
What are the posts in APPSC Group 1?
There are various posts for which APPSC group 1 exam recruits. A few of those posts are:
- Deputy Collector
- Assistant Commissioner
- Deputy Superintendent