The Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission conducts various exams to recruit civil servants in the state administration.
The most prestigious APPSC exam is the Group 1 Services exam. The APPSC Group 1 Exam is conducted on similar lines as the IAS Exam.
Many aspirants prepare simultaneously for APPSC Group 1 and UPSC due to the similarities in the exam pattern and syllabus of both.
For reference, candidates can go through the links given below:
|APPSC Group 1||IAS Exam|
|APPSC Group 1 Eligibility||UPSC Eligibility Criteria|
|APPSC Group 1 Syllabus||IAS Syllabus|
|APPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern||UPSC Exam Pattern|
|APPSC Result||UPSC Result|
For exam year 2019, the APPSC Group 1 Prelims will be held in May and Mains Exam in September.
While the UPSC Prelims is scheduled to be held in the first week of June and UPSC Mains in last week of September.
This leaves the aspirants with precious little time to organise and revise their notes while keeping up-to-date with the Current Affairs.
APPSC Books And Current Affairs
Toppers recommend studying the NCERT books and State board books as the first step towards civil service exam preparation.
The NCERTs and State Board Books are credible and lucid sources of exam relevant information.
Candidates should assess their understanding of basic concepts and read the class 6- class 12th books.
For the ease of APPSC preparation, here you can find the subject-wise and class-wise segregation and pdf download links for NCERT books.
Once the basic concepts are firmly established, aspirants should make notes and align them with the APPSC and/or IAS syllabus.
Making notes is quite important as during revision it is hard to read multiple books cover-to-cover.
At BYJU’S, you can download NCERT and classroom notes for APPSC preparation.
- NCERT Notes: Ancient Indian History Notes
- NCERT Notes: Medieval Indian History Notes
- NCERT Notes: Modern Indian History Notes
- NCERT Notes: Art And Culture
- NCERT Notes: Geography Notes
- BYJU’s classroom notes on Indian Economy
- BYJU’s classroom notes on Environment
- BYJU’s classroom notes on Indian Polity
- BYJU’s classroom notes on S&T
- BYJU’s classroom notes on Ancient Indian History
- BYJU’s classroom notes on Medieval Indian History
- BYJU’s classroom notes on Modern Indian History
Candidates can find more preparation material at our Target 2019 page.
Apart from NCERT/State board books and notes, aspirants should read the standard reference books for UPSC preparation.
These books are also recommended for APPSC Preparation. Few of the important APPSC study material are:
- Indian Polity by Laxmikanth
- Geography – Majid Hussain
- History – Bipin Chandra
- Economy – Ramesh Singh
You can download the list of UPSC/APPSC books from the link below.
UPSC/APPSC Books:- Download PDF Here
Other important preparation resources are:
- The Hindu – Check BYJU’S Daily Video Analysis of The Hindu.
- The Indian Express
- Yojana Magazine
- Press Information Bureau – Get PIB Summary here
- Rajya Sabha TV
- Monthly Magazine
Aligning the Current Affairs part with specific parts of the syllabus is very important as the recent trends show that more questions in exams are based directly or indirectly on important regional, national or international events.
The APPSC Group 1 Syllabus mentions Andhra Pradesh Economy and the reorganisation, for that aspirants should go through the state budget, national budget, Economic Survey and the AP reorganization act, 2014.
To round up your preparation, candidates should make it a point to devote time for:
- Going through the previous years’ exam papers
- MCQ solving practice for Prelims – Check out this weekly Current Affairs quiz
- Answer writing practice for Mains.