JPSC exams are conducted by the Jharkhand Public Service Commission. JPSC conducts various recruitment examinations for Class I and II vacancies in the Jharkhand State Administration.
Latest Update About JPSC Exams:
- 6th JPSC Result: The commission has released the 6th JPSC Final Result on 21st April 2020. 325 candidates have been declared successful. The interview for 6th JPSC took place between 24th February 2020 and 6th March 2020. To check the result, candidates can visit the official website – https://jpsc.gov.in/. Download the result from below:
- As per the recent notification by JPSC, the exams for JPSC 2017, 2018 and 2019 (JPSC 2017-19) stand cancelled. The commission announced that it has taken the step after its various departments withdrew their request for filling the notified vacancies. The said exam JPSC 2017-19 was scheduled to take place in 2020.
- JPSC Combined Civil Service (Backlog) Examination 2017 Preliminary Test is rescheduled for 1st November 2020. Check the notice below:
Table of Contents:
The commission had released the revised exams/interview calendar for the year 2020. As per JPSC Calendar, the following dates were announced:
|Name of the Exam||Stage of the Exam||Date of the Exam|
|JPSC Combined Civil Service Examination 2016||Interview||24-02-20 to 28-02-2020, 02-03-2020 to 06-03-2020|
|JPSC Combined Civil Service Examination 2017-2020||Prelims||05-04-2020 [CANCELLED]|
|Mains||04-06-20 to 07-06-2020 [CANCELLED]|
|Interview||04-08-2020 to 14-08-2020 [CANCELLED]|
JPSC 2020 (Revised) Calendar:- Download PDF Here
The online application process for JPSC 7, JPSC 8, JPSC 9 was going to get started from March 01, 2020. The last date to apply for JPSC Exam was to be March 31, 2020. The last date to pay for the application was to be April 21, 2020.
As soon as the new notification for JPSC Exam gets released, candidates will be given new dates to fill up the application. If candidates get stuck anywhere filling the application procedure or making payment, they can contact the commission on numbers given below:
JPSC conducts the exams for the following posts.
- Jharkhand Administrative Service
- Jharkhand Finance Service
- Jharkhand Education Service – Class II
- Jharkhand Co-operative Service
- Jharkhand Social Security Service
- Jharkhand Police Service
- Jharkhand Planning Service
JPSC Posts and Salaries
|Sl.No||Name of Service||Total number of vacancies|
|1||Jharkhand Administrative Service||143|
|2||Jharkhand Finance Service||104|
|3||Jharkhand Educational Service, Class-II||36|
|4||Jharkhand Cop-operative service||9|
|5||Jharkhand Social Security Service||3|
|6||Jharkhand Information Service||7|
|7||Jharkhand Police Service||6|
|8||Jharkhand Planning Service||18|
Find the below table for more information on JPSC 7, 8, 9 Combined Civil Service Exam, category wise vacancies:
Payscale for different category of Posts is given below
|Sl No||Category of Service||Payscale|
|1||Jharkhand Administrative Service||Rs 9300- Rs 34800, Grade Pay-Rs 5400|
|2||Jharkhand Finance Service||Rs 9300-Rs 34800, Grade Pay- Rs 5400|
|3||Jharkhand Education Service, Class-II||Rs 9300-Rs 34800, Grade Pay- Rs 5400|
|4||Jharkhand Cooperative Service||Rs 9300-Rs 34800, Grade Pay-Rs 5400|
|5||Jharkhand Social Security Service||Rs 9300-Rs 34800, Grade Pay-Rs 4800|
|6||Jharkhand Information Service||Rs 9300-Rs 34800, Grade Pay-Rs 4800|
|7||Jharkhand Police Service||Rs 9300-RS 34800, Grade Pay-Rs 5400|
|8||Jharkhand Planning Service||Rs 9300-RS 34800, Grade Pay-Rs 4800|
Find the below table for official notification on the JPSC 7, JPSC 8, JPSC 9 Payscale
JPSC Exam 2021
The Jharkhand Combined Civil Service Exam is conducted to recruit Class-I and Class-II officers in the various administrative posts of Jharkhand State Government. The Commission is yet to release a fresh notification for JPSC 2020-21.
Candidates who are attempting JPSC state service exam will find the below links helpful:
- JPSC Eligibility criteria -Check for more information on Age limit, educational qualification.
- JPSC Notification – Check for more information on Posts, Salaries and Exam Dates
- JPSC Syllabus – Check for more information on Prelims and Mains Syllabus.
- JPSC Preparation – Check for Free study materials, books notes, and current affairs.
Candidates can check the link for details on other State Public Service Commissions (PSC Exams) in India.
The syllabus of JPSC exam and pattern of the JPSC exam is closely aligned to the UPSC IAS exam.
JPSC Syllabus for Prelims and Mains:- Download PDF Here
Candidates who plan to prepare for the UPSC IAS exam along with the JPSC exam can refer the following links:
JPSC Exam information and Dates
|JPSC 7, JPSC 8 & JPSC 9:
JPSC Combined Civil Service News Reports
JPSC Combined Civil Service Exam Interview 2016 was conducted from 24th February 2020, onwards.
As per JPSC news reports, JPSC results were declared by the Commission in which 5400 candidates had successfully cleared Jharkhand PSC Combined Civil Service Prelims exam. However months later, as per JPSC news reports, Jharkand PSC released a freshly updated list of successful candidates and declared that 6100 candidates cleared the Jharkhand Combined Civil Service Prelims exam.
As per JPSC news reports, the Jharkhand PSC Combined Civil Service Mains exam had to be postponed after candidates filed a plea with Jharkhand High Court that rules concerning reservation were flouted by the JPSC Commission. Jharkhand High Court accepted the plea and ordered the State Government to conduct an enquiry into the matter. Jharkhand State Government formed a committee headed by State Revenue and land reforms minister Amar Bauri to probe the matter.
After the enquiry by the committee, as per JPSC news reports, fresh JPSC results for Prelims exam were announced in which 34,634 candidates cleared the Jharkhand PSC Combined Civil Service Prelims exam.
JPSC Admit Card
Candidates can follow the below steps to download the JPSC Admit Card.
- Visit the official website of JPSC (https://www.jpsc.gov.in/)
- Click on the link that says – Click here to download Admit Card, CCS Mains Exam-2016 Advt
- Date of Birth.
- Enter your Registration number and n Captcha code
- Click on Download Admit Card
The state of Jharkhand came into existence after bifurcating 18 districts from the State of Bihar in the year 2000. The Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) was formed under the provisions of Article 315 of the constitution of India by Governor of Jharkhand. Jharkhand PSC was formed with the primary objective of conducting the examinations to recruit candidates for various posts of Jharkhand State administration.
Head of JPSC is a Chairman. Current Chairman is Shri Sudhir Tripathi.
The other members of the team are comprised of
- Four members
- One Secretary
- Two Deputy Secretararies
- One Controller of Examination
- One Deputy Controller of Examination
JPSC Contact details
|Help desk No: (0651) 2213009, 2220111
Email ID: email@example.com
JPSC Related Queries
Who can apply for JPSC?
Is the JPSC exam conducted every year?
What posts come under JPSC?
JPSC exam takes place to recruit for the following services:
- Jharkhand Administrative Services
- Jharkhand Finance Services
- Jharkhand Information Services
- Jharkhand Police Services, etc.