CAPF stands for Central Armed Police Force. The conducting body of CAPF exam is Union Public Service Commission.
The Central Armed Police Force exam recruits Group A and Group B officers in the seven security forces of India.
In the year 2019, CAPF exam is to recruit the CAPF Assistant Commandants (Group A) Officers.
Table of Contents:
UPSC Notification 2019
UPSC has released the Detailed Application Form for the CAPF exam on 30th October 2019 to fill the post of Assistant Commandants in Central Armed Police Force.
The Central Armed Police Force is a unified name of the seven security forces in India authorized under the Ministry of Home Affairs. Therefore, the recruitment done in UPSC CAPF exam fills in various posts vacant in the seven security forces.
Read more on UPSC CAPF Recruitment in the linked article.
UPSC CAPF Notification 2019:- Download PDF Here
The seven security forces under CAPF is as follows:
- CISF- Central Industrial Security Force is a premier multi-skilled security agency that provides security cover to nuclear installations, airports, seaports, space establishments, power plants, sensitive Government buildings and heritage monuments.Through UPSC CAPF exam, CISF will fill in 28 vacancies of CAPF Assistant Commandant Officer.For more details on the UPSC CISF Assistant Commandant exam check the linked articles.
- BSF: BSF full form is the Border Security Force. Itis a paramilitary force that guards India’s land Border during peace-time and prevents transnational crime.Border Guarding Force of India is recruiting 100 Central Armed Police Force AC Group A officer through UPSC CAPF exam. For detailed information on BSF recruitment check the linked article.
- CRPF: CRPF full form is Central Reserve Police Force. It was known as Crown Representative’s Police. It became CRPF after the enactment of the CRPF Act on 28 December 1949.CRPF is recruiting 108 Assistant Commandant Officer through UPSC CAPF exam.Dive deep into UPSC CRPF recruitment details over here.
- ITBP: Indo Tibetan Border Police Force personnel are deployed on border guarding duties. CAPF AC recruitment 2019 will fill 21 Group A vacancies in ITBP.Read about UPSC ITBP Assistant Commandant exam in detail.
- SSB: Thefull form of SSB is Sashastra Seema Bal. Itis Indian Central Armed Police Forces that provide security in border areas, prevent trans-border crimes, unauthorized entry into the territory of India and perform other duties assigned by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.SSB has also invited online application through UPSC CAPF exam notification 2019 to recruit 26 CAPF AC officer. Check the detail information of the SSB recruitment for Assistant Commandant exam 2019 in the link given.
- NSG: National Security Guard is a Federal Contingency Deployment Force to deal with anti-terrorist activities in all its manifestations.NSG commandos are an elite force, specially trained and equipped to be used in exceptional circumstances such as any serious act of terrorism.
- AR: The full form of AR is Assam Rifles. It is the oldest Central Paramilitary Force in India. The personnel in Assam rifles are recruited mainly to guard the plains of Assam region from the unruly tribes inhabiting in the surrounding hills.
As per the latest UPSC notification, a total of 323 CAPF Assistant Commandants (Group A) officers are to be recruited in the following security forces in India:
|CAPF Assistant Commandants 2019 vacancies|
|Security Forces||Number of Vacancies (Tentative)|
Online Application for UPSC CAPF Exam:
Candidates who wish to be recruited as CAPF AC -Assistant Commandant Officer have to fill the DAF online for CAPF exam 2019 on the official UPSC website from 30.10.2019 to 13.11.2019.
Candidates must ensure that the application of UPSC CAPF exam is complete in all respects like details of the applicants, photograph, signature, examination centre, fee etc.
Before filling in the application form candidates must ensure to fulfil the CAPF eligibility criteria prescribed in the notification released.
UPSC will hold the written CAPF Assistant Commandant Exam on August 18, 2019, as per the examination rule published by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Scroll down to check important dates of UPSC CAPF examination.
|UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant Exam Important Dates|
|Opening date of Registration||24 April 2019|
|Closing date of Registration||20 May 2019|
|Last Date of online application submission||21 May 2019|
|Download Admit card||31 July 2019 (tentative)|
|UPSC CAPF Exam date||18 August 2019|
|UPSC CAPF Result date||September 2019 (tentative)|
|DAF- Window activation date||30 October 2019 to 13 November 2019|
UPSC Fee Structure- CAPF Exam
Candidates who wish to apply for the UPSC CAPF AC exam can pay by both online and offline mode. Fee once paid is not refundable in any case, neither can be reserved for further examinations.
CAPF Exam Fee structure is given below:
|SC/ST and Women of all category||Exempted from payment of fees|
UPSC CAPF Admit Card 2019
Candidates can download their UPSC CAPF Admit Card from 24th July 2019. Last date to download the CAPF admit card is 31st July 2019.
To download Central Armed Police Force Assistant Commandant 2019 Admit Card candidate have to provide their valid credentials.
Below are the instructions for downloading the UPSC CAPF Admit Card 2019:
- Candidates are required to go to the official website of UPSC to download the CAPF Admit card. (https://upsconline.nic.in)
- In the login page, they have to select either of the modes: registration Id Or roll number mode.
Candidates have to provide the following details accordingly-
|For Registration Id||For Roll Number|
Date of Birth
Date Of Birth
After providing their valid credentials candidates will successfully download their UPSC CAPF Admit Card 2019.
UPSC Eligibility Criteria- CAPF AC Exam
Candidates applying for the CAPF exam 2019 should ensure that they fulfil all the CAPF eligibility conditions applicable.
The admission of candidates at all the stages is purely provisional subject to satisfying UPSC eligibility criteria for CAPF exam.
Eligibility conditions are verified with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified the Interview round.
Candidates have to satisfy the following to qualify the CAPF eligibility criteria:
|UPSC Eligibility criteria for CAPF Assistant Commandant Exam 2019|
|Nationality||Any Male or Female who is a citizen of India.|
|UPSC Age limit for CAPF AC exam||Minimum Age is 20 Years;
Maximum Age is 25 years;
|UPSC Age limit relaxation for CAPF AC exam||SC/ST: 5 years
OBC(reservation applicable): 3 years
Ex-servicemen/Civil Central Government Servants: 5 Years
J&K Domiciled: 5 years
|Educational Qualification||A bachelor’s degree from any Government recognised University Or Deemed to be University|
However, the above-mentioned eligibility criteria have certain conditions. You can know the detailed UPSCCAPF eligibility criteriafor Assistant Commandant exam 2019 in the link given.
CAPF Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Mere qualifying the CAPF eligibility does not mean candidates have qualified the exam.
Candidates applying for UPSC CAPF exam must be thorough with the Assistant Commandant Syllabus and CAPF exam pattern.
CAPF Assistant Commandant exam is scheduled to be conducted on 18th August 2019.
The written examination to be conducted by UPSC will comprise two Papers in both English and Hindi language.
Paper-I in CAPF exam will have Multiple Choice Questions carrying 250 marks and Paper-II will be subjective type holding weightage of 200 marks.
Post the qualification of paper-I and paper-II candidates will be called for Physical efficiency test.
Candidates declared qualified in PET test will be called for final Interview round carrying 150 Marks.
The time slot for CAPF Assistant Commandant exam 2019:
Paper-I – from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. noon
Paper-II from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. evening
|UPSC CAPF Syllabus and exam pattern is as follows:|
|Paper-I (10am-12pm)||General Ability and Intelligence||Objective type; 250 marks|
|Paper-II (2 pm- 5 pm)||General Studies, Essay and Comprehension||Subjective type; 200 marks|
|Physical Efficiency Test||–||Candidates who qualify the above two|
|Personality test/Interview||–||150 marks|
The commission at its discretion will fix the minimum qualifying marks separately for each paper.
Marks of Paper-II will be evaluated only for those candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in Paper-I of CAPF Assistant Commandant Exam.
Read about theCAPF Syllabus in detail in the linked article.
CAPF Preparation and Strategy
Now that you are well aware of UPSC CAPF Syllabus for Assistant Commandant post, here is a breakdown for the Paper-I and Paper-II preparation.
UPSC CAPF preparation tips:
General Ability and Intelligence paper i.e. Paper-I comprise general mental ability, current events, general science, Indian economy and Polity, Indian History and Geography of India and World.
For General Ability besides data interpretation candidates have to be thorough with quantitative aptitude, logical reasoning, and numerical ability.
All the national and international events should be on fingertips for the current events section.
Being thorough with the legislative, executive, judiciary system and political system of India will help you clear the Indian polity and economy section easily.
For Paper-II the essay writing is very important and carry more weightage. Candidates are suggested to increase their language proficiency for essay and comprehension section.
The linked article will abreast you with detailed tips and strategies onUPSC CAPF preparation.
About CAPF Exam
CAPF full form is Central Armed Police Force. CAPF is the unified name of the seven security forces in India under the authority of the Ministry of Home Affairs.
The Seven Security Forces are as follows:
- CRPF – CRPF full form is Central Reserve Police Force
- BSF– BSF stands for Border Security Force
- ITBP– is known as Indo-Tibetian Border Police Force
- SSB– full form of SSB is Sashastra Seema Bal
- NSG– NSG full form is National Security Guard
- CISF- full form of CISF is Central Industrial Security Forces
- AR- AR stands for Assam Rifles
CAPF is mandated with the responsibility of enabling the Government of India to effectively and efficiently maintain public order, legal rules and regulations, and internal security.
CAPF is also entrusted to preserve integrity, promote social harmony and development on a national level by placing service and loyalty above self.
UPSC is the body that conducts CAPF exam to recruit for various Group A and Group B posts in the above-mentioned security services of the country.
UPSC has released the official notification for CAPF Exam 2019 to recruit 323 Assistant Commandants in CAPF.
The Highlight of the UPSC CAPF Exam is Given Below:
|Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandant) Exam 2019|
|Release Of UPSC Notification||24 April 2019|
|Date of CAPF exam||18 August|
|Duration of the AC exam||One Day; Two slots|
|Mode of CAPF exam||Written; Phase-I and Phase-II; 2 hours each|
|Last date to download CAPF Admit Card||31 July 2019|
|DAF Availability||30 October 2019 to 13 November 2019|