CISF Recruitment is an annual process conducted by the Union Public Service Commission in accordance with the Ministry of Home Affairs.
The UPSC conducts CAPF exam annually to recruit candidates for the post of Assistant Commandant in Central Industrial Security Forces(CISF) and several other forces like ITBP, SSB, NGS, CISF, CRPF, Assam Rifles and BSF.
Apart from this, UPSC also conducts an inter-departmental exam known as CISF AC (EXE) LDCE Limited Departmental Competitive Exam recruitment.
The UPSC CAPF exam is scheduled to be conducted on 06th August 2023. The application process for the CAPF exam began on the 26th of April 2023, and interested candidates can apply until the 16th of May 2023, which is the last date for submission. For further details visit the UPSC CAPF exam page. The last recruitment exam conducted was for CAPF 2022
The article aims to provide detailed information on both CAPF CISF recruitment as well as Inter-departmental CISF AC (EXE) LDCE recruitment. Check the links below-
|CAPF CISF Recruitment||CISF AC (EXE) LDCE Recruitment 2023|
|Preparing for UPSC CAPF? Boost your preparation level with –|
CAPF CISF Notification 2023
The upcoming UPSC CAPF exam is set to take place on August 6th, 2023, and candidates who successfully pass this exam will be eligible for selection to the posts of CISF AC. To keep abreast of the latest UPSC exam notifications, candidates are advised to regularly visit the official UPSC website.
Here are the relevant details regarding the CISF recruitment for Assistant Commandants through the CAPF 2023 exam:
|Central Industrial Security Forces- CISF|
|Name of Organization||Central Industrial Security Forces|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission|
|Vacancy||91 (for the year 2023)|
|Job Location||Anywhere in India|
|UPSC CAPF Notification Date||26th April 2023|
CISF AC (EXE) LDCE 2023
The UPSC website will publish the CISF AC (EXE) LDCE notification for 2023 in December. The tentative dates for the exam are as follows:
|CISF AC(EXE) LDCE Recruitment 2023 Details|
|Date of Notification Release||December 2023|
|Start date for filling the CISF Application 2023||December 2023|
|Last date for filling the CISF Application 2022||To be announced|
|Last date for receiving a printed copy (hard copy) of the online application||To be announced|
|Number of Vacancies||To be announced|
|CISF Exam Date 2023||To be announced|
CISF AC Notification 2022
The CISF AC recruitment for 2022 was also done through the UPSC CAPF exam conducted on 7th August 2022. The dates of the exam are given below:
|UPSC CAPF (CISF) Exam Dates 2022|
|Official Notification||April 20th, 2022|
|Online Application||April 20th, 2022|
|Last Date of Online Application||May 10th, 2022|
|Written Exam Admit Card||15th July 2022|
|Written Exam||August 7th, 2022|
|Written Exam Result||16th September 2022|
|Written Exam Result (with name)||16th September October 2022|
|DAF Opening date||26th September 2022|
|DAF Closing date||9th October 2022|
CISF AC (EXE) LDCE 2022
The UPSC notified the CISF Assistant Commandants [Executive] Limited Departmental Competitive Examination, 2022 on 1st December 2021. The official notification said that it was released to fill up 19 vacancies and the exam would be held in New Delhi. This notification is released with the purpose of filling the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) for the vacancy year 2022. For further details, download the notification PDF given below:
CISF AC(EXE) LDCE Notification 2022:-Download PDF Here
|CISF AC(EXE) LDCE Recruitment 2022 Details|
|Date of Notification Release||1st December 2021|
|Start date for filling the CISF Application 2022||1st December 2021|
|Last date for filling the CISF Application 2022||21st December 2021|
|Last date for receiving a printed copy (hard copy) of online application||30th December 2021|
|Number of Vacancies||General – 14,
SC – 03,
ST – 02
Total – 19
|Direct Link to fill DAF of CISF 2022||Click Here|
|CISF Exam Date 2022||13th March 2022|
e-Admission Certificates of the admitted candidates to this examination will be uploaded to the UPSC website www.upsc.gov.in two weeks before the date of examination and can be downloaded by the eligible candidates. No paper Admission Certificate will be issued by the Commission.
CAPF CISF Notification 2020-21
- The notification for CAPF 2021 exam is released on April 15th 2021. Further details can be checked on the CAPF Recruitment page.
UPSC has scheduled to conduct the common CAPF examination for recruiting candidates to the post of Assistant Commandant in CISF on August 8th 2021. The last date to apply for the 2021 CAPF exam for CISF is May 5th 2021.
The important dates and notifications for CAPF CISF recruitments are mentioned below:
|Name of the examination||Date of notification||Date of commencement of exam|
|Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) Exam-2021||15.04.2021||08.08.2021 (SUNDAY)|
|Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) Exam-2020||18.08.2020||20.12.2020 (SUNDAY)|
|Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) Exam-2019||20.04.2019||18.08.2019 (SUNDAY)|
- The notification for CAPF 2020 was released on August 18th, to conducted a recruitment exam for CISF on December 20th 2020. Candidates can check the detailed CISF notification PDF provided below-
UPSC CAPF Notification 2020 PDF:-Download PDF Here
CAPF CISF Vacancy
The UPSC CAPF Notification 2023 has announced 322 fresh vacancies for the recruitment of Assistant Commandants (Group A) in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF).
|UPSC CAPF AC Vacancies 2023|
The UPSC CAPF AC Vacancies 2022 are released in the UPSC CAPF AC Notification 2022
|CAPF Assistant Commandants 2022 vacancies|
|Security Forces||Number of Vacancies|
As per the CAPF 2021 notification, there are a total of 159 vacancies available in various CAPF departments like Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP).
The vacancy details as per the posts for 2021 are given below:
|CAPF posts||Number of CAPF vacancies 2021|
In the 2020 notification, there were a total of 209 vacancies available in various CAPF departments, while in 2019 notification, there were a total of 323 vacancies and in 2018 notification the number of vacancies were 398. The table highlights the department-wise vacancies for 2020, 2019 and 2018 –
|CAPF posts||Number of CAPF vacancies 2020||Number of CAPF vacancies 2019||Number of CAPF vacancies 2018|
Year wise CISF Vacancy is given below:
|CISF Year-Wise Vacancy|
|CISF Vacancy for 2023||91|
|CISF Vacancy for 2022||62|
|CISF Vacancy for 2021||67|
|CISF Vacancy for 2020||69|
|CISF Vacancy for 2019||28|
|CISF Vacancy for 2018||84|
|CISF Vacancy for 2017||23|
CAPF CISF Assistant Commandant: Eligibility 2023
Before applying for the post of Assistant Commandant in CISF, the candidates must fulfil the eligibility conditions for the CAPF exam as stated by the UPSC. The eligibility conditions of CAPF exams include:
- Nationality: Candidates must be a citizen of India to be eligible for the exam. Any candidate who is not a citizen of India, except with the consent of the Central Government signified in writing will be debarred from the enrolment, appointment and employment as per the rules.
- Age: A candidate must not have attained the age of 35 years on the 01st August, 2022 i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 02nd August 1987. However, the upper age limit prescribed above shall be relaxable upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
- Sex: Both male and female can apply for the CAPF Exam.
- Educational Qualifications: A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised University to be eligible for the exam.
To know more about the CAPF eligibility conditions, refer to link provided.
CISF AC (EXE) LDCE Eligibility 2023
To be eligible for the post of Assistant Commandant Executive, the candidates must have the following eligibility conditions:
- The candidates should have completed 04 years of regular service as of 01st January 2023 in the rank of Sub. Inspector (GD)/Inspector(GD) including the period of basic training and should have a clean record of service till the issue of the offer of appointment.
- A candidate must not have attained the age of 35 years on the 01st August, 2023 i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 02nd August 1987. However, the upper age limit prescribed above shall be relaxable upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
CISF AC(EXE) LDCE Eligibility:-Download PDF Here
CAPF CISF Assistant Commandant: Syllabus & Exam Pattern
The UPSC sets the CISF syllabus and exam pattern in accordance with the Ministry of Home Affairs. UPSC conducts CAPF exam annually for CISF recruitment. Candidates must go through the CAPF syllabus and exam pattern before applying for the exam.
The exam is conducted in 3 rounds:
- Round-I (Written Test): It consists of two papers:(a) Paper I (Objective Type)(b) Paper-II (Descriptive Type)
- Round-II: Physical Efficiency and Medical Test
- Round-III: Personal Ability Test / Interview
To know in details about the CAPF syllabus, refer to the link provided.
How to apply for CAPF CISF exam online?
The CAPF exam is conducted by UPSC under the Ministry of Home Affairs. Candidates can go through the following steps to apply for the CAPF exam online:
- Before filling up the online application form, candidates need to register themselves through the official website of UPSC.
- On the registration module, they need to provide their names, date of birth (as per your ID Cards & Matriculation Certificates) & email-id. The fields marked with * are compulsory to fill in.
- Candidates can apply online by using the official UPSC website. They should have a photo ID card such as Adhaar Card / Voter ID / Pan Card / Passport / Driving License or any other ID Card issued by the State/ Central Government.
- The candidates have to upload a scanned copy of the Photo ID Card whose details have been provided in the online application.
- The eligible candidates shall be provided with an e-Admit Card three weeks before the exam date. The e-Admit Card will be available on the official UPSC website.
To know more about CAPF admit card, refer to the link provided.
CISF AC EXE LDCE Notification 2021
- CISF Assistant Commandant [EXE] LDCE 2021 Result is released by the Commission on April 15th, 2021. Candidates who appeared for the written exam on March 14th can go through the details of the result on the PDFs provided below
CISF AC EXE LDCE 2021 Result PDF Download PDF Here
- The Union Public Service Commission has released CISF Notification 2021 to conduct the exam on March 14th 2021. The notification is for Inter-departmental exam i.e. CISF AC (EXE) LDCE 2021 notification. The application process for the same has started and interested aspirants can apply before 22nd December 2020. Candidates interested can go through the detailed CISF Notification 2021 on the PDF attached below.
CISF AC (EXE) LDCE Notification 2021 PDF Download PDF Here
|Name of the examination||Date of Notification||Date of commencement of exam|
|CISF AC (EXE) LDCE-2021 Notification||December 2nd 2020||March 14th 2021 (SUNDAY)|
|CISF AC (EXE) LDCE-2020 Notification||December 4th 2020||March 1st 2020 (SUNDAY)|
For CISF AC (EXE) 2019, the last date to submit the application was 24th December 2019 while the last date to apply for CAPF Exam 2019 was on 20th May 2019.
- UPSC has released the CISF AC EXE LDCE Result 2020! The Union Public Service Commission on July 13th 2020 has announced the result for CISF Assistant Commandant 2020 exam conducted on March 1st 2020. The list of candidates shortlisted for the next round i.e. PET/PST test can be check in detail on the CISF Assistant Commandant Result 2020 PDF Given below:
UPSC CISF AC Result 2020 PDF:-Download PDF Here
The commission released the Question Paper of CISD AC EXE LDCE exam 2020 on March 3rd 2020. Candidates willing to check and download the PDF of CISF Assistant Commandant Executive LDCE Question Paper 2020, can visit the CISF Syllabus Page. For detailed notification on CISF AC LDCE 2020 exam check the link below.
UPSC CISF Assistant Commandant Inter-Departmental Notification 2020:- Download PDF Here
CISF Vacancies: Assistant Commandants & AC (EXE) LDCE
The Union Public Service Commission announces the vacancy for Limited Departmental Competitive Examination (LDCE) along with the notification. As per the CISF AC EXE LDCE 2021 notification, The tentative number of vacancies to be filled on the basis of the exam will be 23 (General-18, SC-03, ST-02).
The total no. of vacancies for CISF AC LDCE (EXE) 2019 was 10 to recruit candidates for the post of Assistant Commandants (EXE) through an Inter-Departmental recruitment drive.
For more information about the latest CISF recruitment and vacancies, visit the official website https://www.cisf.gov.in/
CISF AC (EXE) LDCE: Syllabus
The exam pattern & syllabus for CISF AC(EXE) LDCE is set by the Union of Public Service Commission. The exam consists of 3 rounds:
- Round -I: Written-test
- Round -II: Physical Efficiency Test & Medical Test
- Round -III: Personal Ability Test / Personal Interview
Refer to the image below to know the scheme of the written exam
CISF AC(EXE) Syllabus:-Download PDF Here
How to apply for CISF AC EXE LDCE exam online?
The CISF AC EXE LDCE exam is also conducted by UPSC. Candidates can go through the following steps to apply for the CISF AC EXE Limited Departmental Competitive Examination:
- The candidates are required to fill in the application form online on the UPSC’s website www.upsc.gov.in.
- Create a registration account by clicking appropriately on the link provided below the “login” button.
- On the registration module, provide Name (as recorded in the matriculation/secondary examination certificate), CISF Number, rank and Date of Birth (as recorded in the matriculation/secondary examination certificate).
- Provide your e-mail address and re-enter your e-mail address.
- Enter the random number which is appearing on the screen and click the submit button.
- Candidates are also required to route a hard copy of the online-submitted application through proper channel to the CISF authorities at the address: Director General, Central Industrial Security Force, 13, CGO Complex, Lodi Road, New Delhi110003, for verification and onward transmission to the Commission.
Examination Centres for CISF AC Examination 2023
The examination will be conducted at the following centres:
Agartala, Aizawl, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Dharwad, Dispur, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jorhat, Kochi, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji(Goa), Patna, Port Blair, Prayagraj(Allahabad), Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Udaipur, Vishakhapatnam.
CISF Assistant Commandant Salary
The Assistant Commandant in CISF is a Grade A officer under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
The CISF salary for Assistant Commandant post as per the 7th Pay Commission is mentioned in the table below:
|Rank||CISF Salary||CISF AC ( Pay Band)|
|Assistant Commandant||Rs.56,100-Rs.1,77,500||Pay band-3|
Along with the basic pay, CAPF AC salary also includes house allowances, dearness allowance, ration money, transport allowance, special duty allowance, dress allowance, hardship allowance and medical allowance.
To know in details, refer to the images below:
You can refer to the related links below for any further details:
Aspirants of other government exams can go through the following links for assistance-