CISF Recruitment is an annual process conducted by the Union Public Service Commission in accordance with the Ministry of Home Affairs. UPSC conducts CAPF exam to recruit candidates for the post of Assistant Commandant in various departments like ITBP, SSB, NGS, CISF, CRPF, Assam Rifles and BSF.
Along with CAPF Exam, UPSC also conducts CISF recruitment through Limited Departmental Competitive Exam (LDCE) for recruiting candidates to the post of Assistant Commandant Executive i.e., CISF AC (EXE) LDCE.
To know more about the UPSC CAPF, refer to the link provided.
CISF Notifications: Important dates
The commission has released an annual calendar for the year 2020 in their official website.
UPSC conducts a common CAPF examination for recruiting candidates to the post of Assistant Commandant.
For CISF AC (EXE) 2019, the last date to apply was 24th December 2019. The last date to apply for CAPF Exam 2019 was on 20th May, 2019.
The important dates and notifications for CISF recruitment are mentioned below:
|Name of the examination||Date of notification||Date of commencement of exam|
|CISF AC (EXE) LDCE-2020||04.12.2019||01.03.2020 (SUNDAY)|
|Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) Exam-2019||20.04.2019||18.08.2019 (SUNDAY)|
As prescribed in the official notification, UPSC has conducted the CISF AC EXE LDCE exam 2020 on March 1st 2020. The important dates for upcoming CISF Exam AC(EXE) LDCE are given below:
|CISF Exam Dates Assistant Commandant [EXE] LDCE|
|CISF AC EXE LDCE Notification||4 December 2019|
|Last date for receipt of applications||24 December 2019|
|CISF AC Admit Card EXE LDCE||10 February 2020|
|CISF Assistant Commandant Exam||1 March 2020|
|CISF AC EXE LDCE Result||April 2020|
The commission released the Question Paper of CISD AC EXE LDCE exam 2020 on March 3rd 2020. Candidates willing to check and download the PDF of CISF Assistant Commandant Executive LDCE Question Paper 2020, can visit the CISF Syllabus Page. For detailed notification on CISF AC LDCE 2020 exam check the link below.
UPSC CISF Assistant Commandant Inter-Departmental Notification 2020:- Download PDF Here
CISF Vacancies: Assistant Commandants & AC (EXE) LDCE
As per the 2019 notification, there are a total of 323 vacancies available in various CAPF departments like Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP).
The vacancy details as per the posts for 2019 are given below:
|CAPF posts||Number of CAPF vacancies|
The table below contains the number of UPSC CAPF vacancies for 2018
|UPSC CAPF Exam 2018|
|CAPF Posts||Number of vacancies|
The Union Public Service Commission will conduct a Limited Departmental Competitive Examination (LDCE) on 1st March 2020 for filling the vacancies of Assistant Commandant (Executive) in CISF.
The total no. of vacancies for CISF AC LDCE (EXE) 2019 was 10.
Currently, UPSC has released 23 vacancies to recruit candidates for the post of Assistant Commandants (EXE) through an Inter-Departmental recruitment drive. The exam is scheduled to be conducted on March 1, 2020
For more information about the latest CISF recruitment and vacancies, visit the official website https://www.cisf.gov.in/
CISF Assistant Commandant: Eligibility
Before applying for the post of an Assistant Commandant in CISF, the candidates must fulfill the eligibility conditions for the CAPF exam as stated by the UPSC. The eligibility conditions of CAPF exams includes:
- Nationality: Candidates must be a citizen of India to be eligible for the exam. Any candidate who is not a citizen of India, except with the consent of the Central Government signified in writing will be debarred from the enrolment, appointment and employment as per the rules.
- Age: Candidates must have attained the age of 20 years and should not be more than 25 years of age as on 1st August, 2019, i.e. he/she must have been born on or after 2nd August, 1994 and not later than 1st August, 1999.
- Sex: Both male and female can apply for the CAPF Exam.
- Educational Qualifications: A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised University to be eligible for the exam.
To know more about the CAPF eligibility conditions, refer to link provided.
CISF AC(EXE) LDCE eligibility
To be eligible for the post of Assistant Commandant Executive, the candidates must have the following eligibility conditions:
- The candidates should have completed 4 years of regular services in the rank of Sub Inspector(GD) / Inspector (GD) including the period of basic training and should have clean record of services till the issue of offer of appointment.
- The candidates should not be more than 35 years of age as on 1st August, 2019. However the upper age limit will be relaxed upto a maximum of 5 years for SC / ST candidates.
CISF AC (EXE) LDCE: Syllabus
The exam pattern & syllabus for CISF AC(EXE) LDCE is set by the Union of Public Service Commission. The exam consists of 3 rounds:
- Round -I: Written test
- Round -II: Physical Efficiency Test & Medical Test
- Round -III: Personal Ability Test / Personal Interview
Refer to the image below to know the scheme of the written exam
Examination Centres for CAPF Examination 2019
The examination will be conducted at the following centres:
Agartala, Aizawl, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Dharwad, Dispur, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jorhat, Kochi, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji(Goa), Patna, Port Blair, Prayagraj(Allahabad), Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Udaipur, Vishakhapatnam.
CISF Assistant Commandant: Syllabus & Exam Pattern
The UPSC sets the CISF syllabus and exam pattern in accordance with the Ministry of Home Affairs. UPSC conducts CAPF exam annually for CISF recruitment. Candidates must go through the CAPF syllabus and exam pattern before applying for the exam.
The exam is conducted in 3 rounds:
- Round-I (Written Test):It consists of two papers:(a) Paper I (Objective Type)(b) Paper II (Descriptive Type)
- Round-II : Physical Efficiency and Medical Test
- Round-III : Personal Ability Test / Interview
To know in details about the CAPF syllabus, refer to the link provided.
How to apply for CAPF exam online?
The CAPF exam is conducted by UPSC under the Ministry of Home Affairs. Candidates can go through the following steps to apply for the CAPF exam online:
- Before filling up the online application form, candidates need to register themselves through the official website of UPSC.
- On the registration module, they need to provide their names, date of birth (as per your ID Cards & Matriculation Certificates) & email-id. The fields marked with * are compulsory to fill in.
- Candidates can apply online by using the official UPSC website. They should have a photo ID card such as Adhaar Card / Voter ID / Pan Card / Passport / Driving License or any other ID Card issued by the State/ Central Government.
- The candidates have to upload a scanned copy of the Photo ID Card whose details have been provided in the online application.
- The eligible candidates shall be provided with an e-Admit Card three weeks before the exam date. The e-Admit Card will be available in the official UPSC website.
To know more about CAPF admit card, refer to the link provided.
CAPF Salary: Assistant Commandant
The Assistant Commandant in CAPF is a Grade A officer under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
The CISF salary for Assistant Commandant post as per the 7th Pay Commission is mentioned in the table below:
|Rank||CISF Salary||CISF AC ( Pay Band)|
|Assistant Commandant||Rs.56,100-Rs.1,77,500||Pay band-3|
Along with the basic pay, CAPF AC salary also includes house allowances, dearness allowance, ration money, transport allowance, special duty allowance, dress allowance, hardship allowance and medical allowance.
To know in details, refer to the images below:
You can refer to the related links below for any further details: