AFCAT 2021 – The Indian Air Force has released AFCAT 1 2021 Notification. Eligible and interested candidates can apply for IAF AFCAT 2021 on or before 30 December 2020.
Candidates who wish to apply for AFCAT 2021 exam can go through the detailed AFCAT 2021 Notification PDF given below –
AFCAT 1 2021 Exam Notification PDF Download PDF Here
What is AFCAT?
AFCAT is the Air Force Common Admission Test. It is a national level entrance examination conducted by Indian Air Force to select candidates for multiple posts in the Air Force. Various posts for which AFCAT exam is conducted are:
- Flying Officers
- Officers in Ground Duty – Technical Post
- Officers in Ground Duty -Non-Technical Post
The AFCAT Exam is conducted biannually, once in February and then in August. Aspirants of various Government Exams can know the details of upcoming examinations on the linked page.
AFCAT 2020 – IAF released new AFCAT exam date! The Indian Air Force will conduct the AFCAT 2 exam on October 3rd, 4th and 5th 2020.
AFCAT 2 2020 Result Released! Indian Air Force announced AFCAT exam result on October 21st 2020. Candidates can check the AFCAT Result on the linked page.
The article aims to provide detailed information on AFCAT exam both 1 and 2. Candidates will get the following details in the article-
|Table of Content|
|AFCAT Exam Dates||AFCAT Vacancy||AFCAT Salary|
|AFCAT Eligibility||AFCAT Registration||AFCAT Exam Pattern & Syllabus|
|AFCAT Preparation||AFCAT Admit Card||AFCAT Result|
AFCAT Exam Date
The Indian Air Force releases Notification for AFCAT exam twice in a year. In the notification, IAF mentions the AFCAT exam date as well as dates of other events.
Indian Air Force has published the AFCAT 1 2021 notification on November 28. The online form of AFCAT will be released on December 1st 2020. Aspirants willing to appear for AFACT 1 2021 exam can fill the AFCTA online application form 2021 from December 1st to December 30th 2020.
The AFCAT 1 2021 exam date is scheduled to be conducted on February 2021 for admission to the courses commencing in January 2022 for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Flying Branch and Permanent Commission (PC) and Short Service Commission (SSC) in Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical). The selection is done on the basis of AFCAT written examination and AFSB Interview.
The AFACT 1 2021 Exam date is as follows:
|AFCAT 2021 Exam Date|
|Events||AFCAT 1 2021 Exam Date|
|AFCAT 2021 Notification out||November 28th 2020|
|Starting Date for Online Application||December 1st 2020|
|End Date for Online Application||December 30th 2020|
|AFCAT 1 2021 Admit Card Date||To be announced|
|AFCAT 1 2021 Exam Date||February 2021 (Tentative)|
|AFCAT 2021 Course Commencement||January 2022|
AFCAT 1 2021 Exam Notification PDF Download PDF Here
AFCAT 2020 Exam
The notification for AFCAT 2 2020 exam was released in June 2020, while the AFCAT 1 2020 exam notification was announced in November 2019. The details of AFCAT exam dates and other events are highlighted below.
AFCAT Exam Date 2020
|AFCAT 2 Exam Date 2020|
|AFCAT Exam events||AFCAT II Dates|
|AFCAT 2 Notification 2020||June 9th, 2020|
|AFCAT 2 2020 Registration||June 15, 2020- July 14, 2020(Opened)|
|AFCAT Admit Card 2020||September 4, 2020 (postponed)
September 15th (new date)
|AFCAT 2 2020 exam date||September 19th and 20th 2020 (postponed)
October 3rd, 4th and 5th, 2020 (New dates)
|AFCAT 2 Result||November 2020|
AFCAT 1 Exam Date 2020
Candidates can check AFCAT 1 2020 exam date given below-
|AFCAT 1 Exam Date 2020|
|AFCAT Exam events||AFCAT I Dates|
|AFCAT 2020 Notification||November 23, 2019|
|AFCAT 1 Online Registration||December 1st to 30th, 2019|
|AFCAT 1 Admit Card release||February 3rd, 2020|
|AFCAT 1 2020 exam date||February 22nd and 23rd 2020|
|AFCAT 1 2020 Result||March 17th 2020|
The vacancies for AFCAT 2021 are announced by the IAF along with the notification. The vacancies announced are for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in Flying Branch and Permanent Commission (PC) and Short Service Commission (SSC) in Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) Branches.
AFCAT 2021 Vacancies
A total of 235 vacancies are announced for AFCAT (1) exam. 10% seats out of CDSE vacancies are reserved for PC and 10% seats out of AFCAT vacancies for SSC are reserved for the NCC Special Entry Flying branch. IAF will select candidates based on an online exam and AFSB Interview. The highlights of AFCAT 2021 Vacancies are as follows:
|AFCAT Exam 2021 Vacancies|
|Branch||AFCAT Vacancy 2021|
|Flying||SSC – 69|
|Ground Duty Technical||PC – 39
SSC – 57
|Ground Duty Non-Technical||PC – 27
SSC – 43
Detailed expansion of vacancy is given on the AFCAT Notification page linked here.
AFCAT 2020 Vacancies
The highlights of vacancies announced for both AFCAT 1 2020 and AFCAT 2 2020 are given below-
|AFCAT Exam – Number of Vacancies|
|Branch||AFCAT 1 Exam Vacancy||AFCAT 2 Exam Vacancy|
|Flying||SSC – 60||SSC – 74|
|Ground Duty Technical||PC – 63
SSC – 42
|PC – 63
SSC – 42
|Ground Duty Non-Technical||PC – 50
SSC – 34
|PC – 31
SSC – 24
** PC for men and SSC for men and women. These are types of commission in IAF which are explained below.
Type of Commission
- Permanent Commission (PC) for Men. Candidates joining as PC officers would continue to serve till the age of superannuation in their respective branches as per their rank.
- Short Service Commission (SSC) for Men & Women.
(a)The engagement period for Flying Branch (Men and Women) SSC Officers is fourteen years from the date of Commissioning (Non-extendable).
(b)The initial tenure for Ground Duty (Technical & Non-Technical) SSC Officers would be for a period of ten years. An extension of four years may be granted subject to service requirements, availability of vacancies, willingness, suitability and merit.
Candidates recruited in Indian Air Force through AFCAT exam are paid a handsome salary along with various allowances, perks and other benefits.
- The cadets in the final year of training are given a stipend of Rs. 56,100.
- On commissioning as Air Force Officers, they are paid in Level 10 pay matrix of 7th pay commission ad will be given [56,100 – 1,10,700]
- Military Service pay, Flying Branch allowance, Technical Allowance, Children education allowance, LTC, etc are also admissible to the Officers in the Air Force.
Candidates can know the detailed AFCAT Salary, Allowances and perks on the linked page.
|Eying for a future in Indian Air Force? Prepare for AFCAT exam and complement your preparation with the following to ace the exam-|
Candidates willing to appear for AFCAT exam are required to meet the eligibility conditions of the examination as mentioned by IAF on the notification.
Aspirants of AFCAT exam are required to fulfil the following eligibility criteria-
- Nationality – Indian
- Marital Status – Candidates below 25 years of age must be unmarried at the time of commencement of the course. Widows/ Widowers and divorcees below 25 years are also not eligible.
- Age Limit –
- Flying Branch (NCC Special Entry & AFCAT entry) – 20 to 24 years
- Ground Duty (technical & Non-technical) – 20 to 26 years
- IAF accepts the date of birth that is mentioned in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognized by an Indian University.
- Educational Qualification – the criteria for minimum education for Flying Branch and Ground Duty (technical and Non-technical) branches is different. However, to apply for the AFCAT exam, Candidates should have mandatorily passed with a minimum of 50% marks each in Maths and Physics at 10+2 level.
Detailed AFCAT eligibility criteria explaining minimum education requirements and Physical and medical standard requirements are given on the linked page.
AFCAT Registration & Online Application
AFCAT 2021 application form is made available in online mode only. The online application for AFCAT 1 2021 will start from December 1st 2020. The last date to register for the AFCAT exam 2021 is December 30th 2020.
Candidates are allowed one month time to fill the AFCAT application form. IAF mentions the steps to fill the AFCAT registration in detail in the notification. Aspirants willing to fill AFCAT exam application form have to follow the below-mentioned steps –
- Visit the official IAF website
- Click on New registration under the ‘Candidates Login’ section.
- Fill in the registration details asked and submit
- Use the registration Id and password to fill the application form
- Provide the necessary information and upload a scanned signature and photograph.
- Pay the required application fee and click on submit.
- Candidates have to pay an amount of Rs. 250/- as examination fee which is non-refundable.
Note – the procedure to apply for FACT exam and the examination fee for AFCAT 1 and AFCAT 2 is the same.
AFCAT Exam Pattern & Syllabus
The syllabus and exam pattern of AFCAt is prescribed by the conducting body. IAF mentions the detailed syllabus and scheme of AFCAT online exam in the notification.
The examination is divided into two stages-
- AFCAT written Test
- AFSB interview
The AFCAT written test is further subdivided into two parts-
- AFCAT exam – mandatory for all the candidates appearing for any branch (Flying branch, Ground Duty Technical or Ground Duty non-technical branch)
- EKT – Engineering Knowledge Test – This exam is only for candidates who have applied for the Ground Duty Technical branch.
The AFCAT Exam pattern is highlighted below-
|Stages||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|AFCAT exam written test (compulsory)||100||300||2 Hours|
|EKT( Engineering Knowledge Test) (Only for Technical)||15||100||45 Minutes|
AFCAT Exam Marking Scheme-
- 3 marks awarded for each correct answer
- 1 mark is deducted for each wrong answer
- No marks are deducted or awarded for any unattempted questions.
The AFCAT syllabus is set by the Indian Air Force and is mentioned in detail in the notification. The syllabus more or less remains the same every year. The syllabus for AFCAT exam as prescribed by IAF is given below-
|AFCAT Exam Syllabus|
|Stages||AFCAT Written Exam||EKT|
|Subjects covered||General Awareness, Verbal Ability in English, Numerical Ability and Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test||Mechanical, Computer Science and Electrical & Electronics|
For detailed topic-wise syllabus and important books candidates can check AFCAT Syllabus & Exam Pattern page linked here.
Working in the Indian Air Force is a dream of many. The AFCAT exam brings a great opportunity for aspirants to fulfil their dreams.
Clearing the AFCAT examination is not a cakewalk. Candidates need to do dedicated and strategized preparation to ace the Air Force Common Admission Test. Given below are a few points that might help candidates in their AFCAT exam preparation.
- Understand the Ins and Outs of AFCAT exam. It is important to know every minute details related to the AFCAT exam. Keep referring to the official site for the latest details.
- Be thorough with the syllabus and exam pattern. It will help to understand the examination well and strategize the preparation accordingly.
- Gather good study material and avoid referring to too many materials for one subject.
- Create a timetable that fits in your regular routine and follow it religiously.
- Do not haste while preparing, work on conceptual knowledge first and then move on to the shortcuts.
- Refer to good newspapers and follow news channels daily to upkeep current affairs and general knowledge and to have good command over English.
- Have a habit of preparing handwritten notes while going through important facts, information or any difficult subject or topics.
- Solve previous year papers to understand the level of examination and to know the variety of questions framed from a topic.
- Practice and revision is the key to success. Make sure to regularly revise and practice all that you learn. This will help to ingrain things in memory better.
- Take mock tests regularly to analyse your preparation level. Learn from mistakes and work to improve on it.
Planned approach for AFCAT preparation will make it easy to outshine the competition.
AFCAT Admit Card
IAF releases AFCAT e-Admit Card three weeks before the date of the examination. The admit card for AFCAT 1 2021 exam is expected to release in January 2021.
Candidates appearing for AFCAT exam can download the admit card from the official website of IAF. As it is clearly mentioned in the notification that no admit card will be sent by post.
To download the AFCAT Admit Card, a candidate should have his/her Username and Password and are required to follow the below-mentioned steps –
- Visit the official website (www.careerindianairforce.cdac.in)
- Choose the AFCAT cycle
- Click on download AFCAT Admit Card link
- A copy of the e-admit card will be sent to registered mail Id.
- Check all the details mentioned on the admit card
- Download the AFCAT admit card
Note- No candidate will be allowed to appear in the examination unless he/ she holds a downloaded AFCAT e-Admit Card for the examination.
The Indian Air Force released the AFCAT 2 2020 Admit Card on September 15th 2020 to conduct the exam from October 3rd.
The Indian Air Force releases the AFCAT exam result in two stages on its official website.
- AFCAT written exam result
- AFCAT Final result
Candidates on clearing the AFCAT written test have to log on to afcat.cdac.in and register themselves to get the AFSB testing exam date and centre details. Candidates who do not select the date and venue option will be automatically allotted the same by the system.
On successful completion of AFSB testing, IAF announces AFCAT final result based on the performance of candidates in written exam and the interview round.
Candidates who appeared for FASB interview for AFCAT 2 2020 exam are still awaiting the final result.
The result for the written exam of AFCAT 2 2020 is released by IAF on 20th October 2020. Candidates had to choose the date and venue for AFSB interview for AFCAT 2 2020 from 11:00 a.m. 21st October to 11:00 a.m. 25th October 2020. Indian Air Force will soon release the AFSB interview Admit Card on its official website.
Detailed information on AFCAT Result can be found on the linked page.
Aspirants of other exams can go through the given links for assistance-
Check details related to Government exams after 12th in the given link.
For further assistance on preparation, strategy and tips, important books etc. look no further than BYJU’s.