Aspirants of Public Sector jobs can appear for multiple Government Exams After 12th since these jobs are the most lucrative and secured career option and are the most sought-after amongst students who are done with the 12th Board.
The reason for the popularity of these Government Exams is due to the various advantages they offer. The multiple perks of the Government jobs are:
- Eligibility criteria benefits
The minimum educational qualification for most of the renowned Government jobs is Graduation. However, candidates can start their preparation before the graduation/ once the 12th Board gets over. For the detailed list of upcoming government exams candidates can check the link provided below.
List of Government Exams After 12th
There are various public sector jobs which a candidate can apply for immediately after class 12th. Those who aspire to have a career in this sector can check the list of Government Exams after 12th given below:
- SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (SSC CHSL)
- Upper Division Clerk (UDC)
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC)
- Postal Assistant (PA)
- Data Entry Operator (DEO)
- Sorting Assistant (SA)
- SSC Multi Tasking Staff (SSC MTS)
- SSC General Duty Constable (SSC GD Exam)
- SSC Grade C and Grade D Stenographer (SSC Stenographer)
- RRB Assistant Loco Pilot (RRB ALP)
- Railway Group D (RRB/RRC Group D)
- Indian Army Exam for the post of Technical Entry Scheme, Mahila Constables, Soldiers, Junior Commissioned Officers for Catering
- Indian Navy Exam for the post of Sailor, Artificer Apprentice and Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR)
- Security Forces
- Indian Coast Guard Exam for the post of Sailors, Technicians, Assistant Commandants and Airmen
- All India Entrance Exam NDA for Armed Forces (National Defence Academy)
Further below, the details regarding a few of these Government exams are 12th are given for the candidates’ reference.
Railways Recruitment Exam After 12th
- Assistant Loco Pilot: Assistant Loco Pilot post that can be applied after 12th. This job involves the task of assisting the Train driver and is a very responsible job. Candidates can prepare for this exam by referring to the RRB ALP Syllabus.
For detailed relevant information on Railway Assistant Loco Pilot exam refer to the links given below:
|RRB ALP Eligibility||RRB ALP Salary||RRB ALP Admit Card|
|RRB ALP Result||RRB ALP Cut Off||RRB ALP Exam Dates|
- Railway Group D: RRB Group D exam is conducted by RRB to recruit eligible candidates for various posts like Helper/Assistant Pointsman, Track Maintainer Grade-IV, in Level 1 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix in various departments of Indian Railways. Aspirants can go through RRB Group D notification for latest updates and vacancies.
Aspirants who are willing to prepare for Railway Group D exam can refer to the following links for relevant details-
|RRB Group D Syllabus||RRB Group D Salary||RRB Group D Admit Card|
|RRB Group D Preparation||RRB Group D Apply Online||RRB Group D Exam Dates|
- Railway Clerks: The job of Train Clerk include checking the number of wagons and coaches in Railway yard, preparing train documents like Vehicle Guidance (VG), feeding this information in railway network terminals, etc.
The job is very responsible, and the posting can be in either in Stations or Control offices in Divisional/Zonal headquarters.
- Railway Constables: The job of Railways constables is to maintain law and order in the railway premises. Candidates can apply for this post after 12th, and their work would involve patrolling during any journey to check notorious activities.
Check the following links for the preparation of RRB Exams After 12th:
SSC Exams After 12th
- SSC CHSL: SSC Conducts Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL)for the recruitment of Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA), Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant, etc. Candidates can prepare for this exam by thoroughly referring to the topics mentioned the SSC CHSL Syllabus.
Further details on SSC CHSL can be found on the related links provided below-
|SSC CHSL Eligibility||SSC CHSL Salary||SSC CHSL Admit Card|
|SSC CHSL Preparation||SSC CHSL Result||SSC CHSL Mock Tests|
|SSC CHSL Apply Online||SSC CHSL Cut Off||SSC CHSL Exam Date|
- Stenographer: SSC conducts Stenographer Exam to recruit a person to work in a courtroom or any corporate place for legal proceedings. He/she transcribes spoken words by typing them into a steno machine, a kind of shorthand typewriter. Before starting the preparation for the Stenographer post, do check the SSC Stenographer Syllabus at the linked article.
Also, aspirants who wish to prepare for Stenographer exam can check out the links given below for further details-
|SSC Stenographer Salary||SSC Stenographer Cut Off|
|SSC Stenographer Result||SSC Stenographer Admit Card|
- GD (General Duty) Constable: The SSC (General Duty) GD exam is conducted to recruit personnel for constable posts in BSF, CISF, ITBP, CRPF, Rifleman etc. Candidates can appear for the exam after 12th standard. The commission starts the process of this exam by releasing the SSC GD notification. Candidates who are interested to appear for the GD examination can check the given links for detailed information on the exam.
|SSC GD Syllabus||SSC GD Salary||SSC GD Admit Card|
|SSC GD Books||SSC GD Result||SSC GD Mock Tests|
|SSC GD Online Form||SSC GD Cut Off||SSC GD Exam Date|
- SSC MTS (Multi-Tasking Staff): SSC announces SSC MTS Notification to recruit eligible personnel for various non-technical posts in different department and ministries under Central Government. Candidates can appear for SSC MTS exam after they have passed 10th standard. Those who are interested to appear for the SSC Multitasking staff exam can check the relevant information about it from the links provided below-
Check the following links for the preparation of SSC exam After 12th:
All Indian Defense Entrance Exams After 12th
- National Defense Academy / Naval Academy Exam- The Union Public Service Commission releases NDA Notification to recruit eligible candidates who have passed their class 12th boards exam under 10+2 pattern of school education. through NDA exam candidates get admission in the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of NDA & Indian Naval Academy Course -INAC.
Further details regarding the NDA/NA exam can be checked on the linked pages.
|Preparing for Government Exams? Give a boost to your preparation by doing the comprehensive study with –
List of Government Exams
Candidates can appear for Government Exams after 12th.
However, the list of Government exams and opportunities are more if the exams are taken after Graduation.
The other reputed Public sector exams are as follows:
The Union Public Service Commission conducts the IAS exam every year for the recruitment of officers to the Civil Services of India. Aspirants of the UPSC exam can refer UPSC Syllabus before starting with the preparations.
Candidates clearing this exam can become civil servants in various branches of the government such as the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Police Service, Indian Revenue Service and so on.
To know more about the UPSC Exam, refer to the table below:
Candidates aspiring for the Government jobs can apply for the post of Assistant Commandant under the Central Armed Police Force.
Union Public Service Commission conducts the CAPF exam.
Important things related to this exam that aspirants must know are as follows:
Combined Defense Services Examination
The Combined Defense Service exam is commonly known as CDS exam. CDS is a national level defence entrance exam that recruits candidates in various defence training academies such as – Indian Military Academy (IMA) – Dehradun, Indian Naval Academy (INA) – Ezhimala, Air Force Academy (AFA) – Hyderabad, Officers’ Training Academy (OTA) – Chennai. The UPSC releases CDS Notification for candidates who have completed their graduation.
Aspirants willing to appear for CDS exam can check the following links for further details-
The full form of AFCAT exam is the Air Force Common Admission Test. It is a national level entrance examination conducted by Indian Air Force to select candidates for multiple posts in the Air Force, such as Flying Officers, Officers in Ground Duty – Technical Post and Officers in Ground Duty -Non-Technical Post.
The IAF releases AFCAT Notification biannually and candidates who possess Graduation degree from a recognised university are eligible for the exam.
Candidates can check the relevant details of AFCAT examination on the following links-
Public Service Commission
Candidates can appear for the Public Service Commission as this is one of the prestigious exams in India. These PSC Exams are highly competitive, and their syllabus and pattern are quite similar to UPSC.
Candidates should refer to the PSC notification to check all the details of this exam.
Candidates appearing for any government exams or competitive exams can check the free online quiz page for preparation linked below.
Insurance Exams are one of the great career options in the public sector. The Insurance sector has been seeing a rising trend over the past few decades.
Candidates can take this exam after graduation as a career option.
Few important topics related to the various Insurance Exams are as follows:
|LIC ADO||LIC AAO||LIC HFL|
|LIC ADO Syllabus||LIC AAO Syllabus||LIC HFL Syllabus|
|LIC HFL Mock Tests||LIC AAO Mock Tests||LIC ADO Mock Tests|
Bank Exams are also one of the great career options for candidates looking forward to a secure and highly paid Government Job. There are multiple exams which are conducted by various banking sector testing agencies across the country every year.
Important Bank Exams related topics are given below:
To know more about all the important Government Exams in detail, check @ BYJU’S.