The UPSC CAPF exam for Assistant commandant post is scheduled to be held on 9th August 2020. Candidates who will write the UPSC CAPF exam must make every effort for their CAPF preparation.
This article will walk you through the important topics, best books for CAPF preparation, and some tips to prepare for CAPF exam.
Before moving further, candidates are advised to check all important information about CAPF exam before the final day.
Important dates to remember of UPSC CAPF exam 2020:
|UPSC CAPF Exam Dates 2020|
|Official Notification||April 22, 2020|
|Online Application||April 22, 2020 to May 12, 2020|
|UPSC CAPF Written Exam Admit Card||July 17, 2020|
|UPSC CAPF Written Exam||August 9, 2020|
|UPSC CAPF Written Exam Result||September 2020|
|UPSC CAPF Admit Card for Physical & Medical Examination||November 2020|
|UPSC CAPF Interview||January 2021|
Candidates can check the CAPF eligibility criteria before starting with their CAPF AC preparation.
CAPF Preparation Tips and Strategies
The UPSC Central Armed Police Force exam is just around the corner. Candidates tend to get anxious and lose their focus in such situations.
At this point in time, it is important for the candidates to know the last-minute tips and strategies for UPSC CAPF preparation.
UPSC CAPF Exam Preparation Tips
Below mentioned are some subject-wise tips for CAPF exam preparation.
Paper-I General Ability and Intelligence
The topics covered in this section are General Ability and Intelligence, current affairs, general science, History & Geography, Politics and Economy of India.
Candidates can prepare this section by following these points:
General Ability and Intelligence
- Focus on quantitative aptitude and logical reasoning with extra stress on numerical ability and data interpretation.
- Rigorously practise topics like profit and loss, time and distance, analogy, graphs, pi-charts, mathematical tables, etc. to gain an edge in this section.
- To excel in the current affairs section, candidates must be up-to-date with day to day happenings in India and across the world.
- Regularly read newspapers and watch television for a daily news update.
- Keep making notes of the treaties signed between nations, the peace initiatives between nations, the awards won in various fields like music, arts, sports and science, the economic conditions of the nations and changes in policies in different countries.
- Concentrate on the latest developments taking place in Science
- Update your knowledge on the application of science in our daily lives.
- Focus on the different eras in India, years and dates
- Commit to memory different rulers and their reigns
- Have a thorough understanding of the freedom movement, and the social and economic changes in India.
- Concentrate on the geographical aspects related to India and the world.include global warming, the latest treaties, climate change, etc..
Politics and Economy
- Focus on the overall political and economic situation of India.
- This would cover the political constitution of India, national and international threats, the public works undertaken, the overall economic state of India, the dialogues that are going on, different business policies, role of the Reserve Bank of India.
Paper-II General Studies, Essay and Competitions
- An essay topic can be on anything from history, geography, economy and politics of India.
- keep oneself abreast with the latest happenings in India.
- Focus on the activities that have taken place in India in the past.
- Remember the dates, trends of various events and also the statistical data. It will help you in coming up with a factual, complete, informative essay.
- Refer to grammar books to brush up your English. It will help you in comprehension and language skills
- Practice precis writing and comprehension on a daily basis.
How to prepare for CAPF Exam?
The Assistant Commandant exam comprises written Test, Physical and Medical Test and then the candidates qualify for the final round of Interview.
But, before all this, candidates must know that their marks for Paper-II will be evaluated only if they are able to obtain minimum qualifying marks in Paper-I of CAPF exam.
Therefore, the candidates have to prepare meticulously for each level of the UPSC CAPF exam.
If the candidate is serious enough, grabs right CAPF preparation strategies and study materials then even self-study is enough to get him through CAPF AC Exam 2020.
Candidates must follow certain strategies to prepare for the CAPF recruitment exam 2020.
UPSC CAPF Preparation Strategies
Competitive exams are best prepared with right strategies. Preparing the CAPF exam based on the weightage of each section gives an edge.
- Set a schedule for your CAPF preparation and make sure you stick to it
- Socialize with people who are preparing for the same or have already qualified the Assistant Commandant exam. Utilise this time to discuss preparation and clarifying doubts.
- While studying make notes and your personal study material. These are short and effective and helps for last minute revision. But some topics you will have to do in-depth studies.
- Listen to the short news and do not waste time in listening to unnecessary news based on discussion unless the topic demands it.
- Speed up your learning by following some memory techniques.
- Give tests and practice writing answers frequently. Practice mock papers, identify your mistakes and the area where you lack knowledge. This is an essential part of regular preparations for successful candidates. Also, it helps to increase your speed to solve the exam in time.
Booklist for CAPF exam preparation
The abundance of study material for CAPF exam preparation is available both online and offline. It is important for candidates to select the best books for their UPSC CAPF preparation.
Generally aspirants are suggested to start their CAPF preparation with NCERT books and then move on to referred books.
Frankly, different candidates have different knowledge and expertise in different subjects, therefore, the criteria of best books vary for all.
However, choosing the right books for different stages for CAPF exam is really important. Paper-I comprises only objective type questions with negative marking and Paper-II contains descriptive essay type questions.
Checking the government exam previous year’s questions will help the candidates with a good score.
Therefore, the candidates should be selective about the CAPF preparation books.
Below mentioned is the list of books suggested by experts as per the stages of CAPF exam
|CAPF preparation books for Paper-I|
Paper-II of CAPF exam tests language proficiency and general studies knowledge of the candidates in a descriptive format.
The booklist for the same is prescribed below.
|CAPF preparation books for Paper-II|
|General Studies||History, Indian Heritage & Culture||
|Polity & International Relations||
|Comprehension and Essay||English Language||
Apart from the above- mentioned UPSC CAPF preparation books, candidates must upkeep themselves with day to day happenings in and around the world.
For better exam preparation, candidates can take the government exam mock test for practice.
The essential UPSC CAPF Study Material includes:
- 2nd ARC Report
- Latest Budget
- Economic Survey (latest)
- Finance Commission Report (latest)
- Niti Aayog Action Agenda
- Annual reports by central ministries
- Current Affairs-
- The Hindu
- Yojana Magazine
- Press Information Bureau
CAPF Syllabus and Exam Pattern
Candidates who wish to write Assistant Commandant exam must be thorough with CAPF syllabus and exam pattern of Assistant Commandant exam.
The written examination of CAPF will comprise two Papers and will be Bilingual i.e. both in English and Hindi language.
UPSC CAPF exam pattern is as follows:
|Highlights of CAPF exam pattern|
|Paper-I (10am-12pm)||Objective type; 250 marks|
|Paper-II (2 pm- 5 pm)||Subjective type; 200 marks|
|Physical Efficiency Test||Candidates who qualify the above two|
|Personality test/Interview||150 marks|
Highlights of Assistant Commandant Syllabus is as follows:
|UPSC CAPF Syllabus 2020|
|Paper-I||General Ability||Problem Solving, Arithmetical Reasoning, Decision Making, Arithmetic Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Figural Classification, Statement Conclusion, Relationship Concepts, etc.|
|Intelligence||General Mental Ability, General Science, Current Events of National and International Importance, Indian and World Geography, History of India and Indian Polity and Economy,|
|Paper-II||General Studies||Indian History, Indian Geography, Indian National Movement, National and International Current Affairs, Eminent Personalities, Cultural Heritage, About India, Environment, General Polity, General Science, Science and Technology, Economy, Indian Constitution, etc.|
|Comprehension and Essay and English Language||Comprehension, Essay Writing, Precis Writing, Report Writing, Counter Argument, Language and Communication Skills, Grammar, Vocabulary, etc.|
To know the CAPF Syllabus and exam pattern in-depth, candidates can check in the linked article.