In this article, we’ll look into what does the SBI SO exam comprise of and how to register for it as per the latest SBI SO Notification 2020.
State Bank of India (SBI) is a Public Sector Bank which conducts annual SBI SO Recruitment exercise for eligible candidates every calendar year.
Latest Update: SBI has released 400+ vacancies for various Specialist Officer posts on June 22, 2020 for both regular and contract basis. Interested candidates can visit the SBI SO notification page and download the notification PDF for various posts. Candidates can visit the official SBI website to apply for the different posts between June 23, 2020, and July 13, 2020.
1 vacancy each for the post of Chief Financial Officer and Data Protection Officer on contract basis was released on June 8, 2020 and application for the same can be filled by June 23, 2020.
|Preparing for the SBI Specialist Officer Exam 2020??
Test your preparation Now with the Free Online SBI SO Mock Test Series.
Also, refer to the links mentioned below and ace the SBI SO exam:
To know more about other SBI exams, check at the linked article.
Under the SBI Specialist Officer (SO) exam, there are multiple SBI openings during the year. Candidates are selected on the basis of their merit and availability of the respective posts.
Candidates can get the latest notifications for the upcoming Government exams at the linked article.
To explore other bank exams, check at the linked article.
The term Specialist Cadre Officer (SCO) and Specialist Officer (SO) are often used interchangeably.
Table of Contents:
- SBI SO Notification
- SBI SO Vacancy
- SBI SO Eligibility Criteria
- SBI SO Apply Online
- SBI SO Selection Process
- SBI SO Syllabus
- SBI SO Exam Pattern
- SBI SO Result
SBI Specialist Officer (SO) Posts
The various SBI Specialist Officer (SO) posts for which exams are generally conducted by SBI are:
- Head (Product, Investment & Research)
- Central Research Team (Fixed Income Research Analyst)
- Relationship Manager
- Relationship Manager (e-Wealth)
- Relationship Manager (NRI)
- Relationship Manager (Team Lead)
- Customer Relationship Executive
- Zonal Head Sales (Retail) (Eastern Zone)
- Central Operation Team Support
- Risk & Compliance Officer
- Bank Medical Officer (BMO-II)
- Manager Analyst
- Advisor for Fraud Management
- General Manager (IT – Strategy, Architecture & Planning)
- Dy. General Manager (Asset Liability Management)
- Dy. General Manager (Enterprise & Technology Architecture)
- Asstt. General Manager (Enterprise & Technology Architecture)
- Chief Manager (Infrastructure Architect)
- Chief Manager (Application Architect)
- Chief Manager (Business Architect)
- Manager (Security Architect)
- Manager (Technology Architect)
- Manager (Application Architect)
- Senior Consultant Analyst
- Data Translator
- Data Architect
- Data Trainer
- Chief Technology Officer
To know more about SBI Vacancy of other exams, check at the linked article.
SBI SO Notification
SBI has released notification to recruitment 100+ candidates at the post of Specialist Officer for the 2020 recruitment. The notification for both regular and contract basis have been released by the conducting body.
Candidates who are willing to know more about the SBI SO 2020 vacancies distribution can refer to the information mentioned below.
SBI SO Vacancy
The vacancy distribution for the various posts for which the notification has been released by the State Bank of India for the SBI SO 2020 recruitment have been given below:
|SBI SO 2020 – Vacancy Details|
|Post||No. of Vacancies||Contract/ Regular||Selection Process|
|SME Credit Analysis||20||Regular||Shortlisting & Interview|
|Faculty, SBIL, Kolkata||3||Contract||Shortlisting & Interview|
|Vice President (Stressed Assets Marketing||1||Contract||Shortlisting & Interview|
|Chief Manager (Special Situation Team)||3||Regular||Shortlisting & Interview|
|Deputy Manager (Stressed Assets Marketing)||3||Regular||Shortlisting & Interview|
|Product Manager||5||Regular||Shortlisting & Interview|
|Manager (Data Analyst)||2||Regular||Shortlisting & Interview|
|Manager (Digital Marketing)||1||Regular||Shortlisting & Interview|
|Banking Supervisory Specialist||1||Contract||Shortlisting & Interview|
|Manager (Anytime Channel)||1||Regular||Shortlisting & Interview|
|Wealth Management Business Unit – Head (Product, Investment & Research)||1 (Fresh Vacancy)||Contract||Shortlisting & Interview|
|Wealth Management Business Unit – Central Research Team (Portfolio Analysis & Data Analytics)||1 (Fresh Vacancy)||Contract||Shortlisting & Interview|
|Wealth Management Business Unit – Central Research Team (Support)||1 (Fresh Vacancy)||Contract||Shortlisting & Interview|
|Wealth Management Business Unit – Investment Officer||9 (Fresh Vacancy)||Contract||Shortlisting & Interview|
|Wealth Management Business Unit – Project Development Manager (Technology)||1 (Fresh Vacancy)||Contract||Shortlisting & Interview|
|Relationship Manager||48 (Backlog)||Contract||Shortlisting & Interview|
|Relationship Manager (Team Lead)||3 (Backlog)||Contract||Shortlisting & Interview|
|Chief Officer Security||1||Contract||Shortlisting & Interview|
|Executive (FI & MM)||241||Contract||Shortlisting & Interview|
|Sr. Executive (Social Banking & CSR)||85||Contract||Shortlisting & Interview|
|Sr. Executive (Digital Relations)||2||Contract||Shortlisting & Interview|
|Sr. Executive (Analytics)||2||Contract||Shortlisting & Interview|
|Sr. Executive (Digital Marketing)||2||Contract||Shortlisting & Interview|
|Deputy Manager (IS Audit)||8||Regular||Shortlisting & Interview|
Shortlisting & InterviewTo know more about the SBI Admit Card for different exams, click at the linked article.
SBI SO Eligibility Criteria
- There are different eligibility criteria for different posts. Every SBI SO post has a different requirement so the eligibility differs accordingly.
- Candidates must be Indian citizens and will be allowed to take the exam as per the SBI PO exam schedule.
- The SBI SO Age limit is totally dependant upon the respective SBI SO post that a candidate applies to.
- The Educational Qualification also varies as per the requirements of the different SBI Specialist Officer posts.
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for each post in the table given below:
|SBI SO 2020 – Eligibility Criteria|
|Post||Download PDF to Check SBI SO 2020 Eligibility|
|SME Credit Analysis||Check Eligibility here|
|Faculty, SBIL, Kolkata||Check Eligibility here|
|Vice President (Stressed Assets Marketing||Check Eligibility here|
|Chief Manager (Special Situation Team)|
|Deputy Manager (Stressed Assets Marketing)|
|Product Manager||Check Eligibility here|
|Manager (Data Analyst)|
|Manager (Digital Marketing)|
|Banking Supervisory Specialist||Check Eligibility here|
|Manager (Anytime Channel)|
|Wealth Management Business Unit – Head (Product, Investment & Research)||Check Eligibility here|
|Wealth Management Business Unit – Central Research Team (Portfolio Analysis & Data Analytics)|
|Wealth Management Business Unit – Central Research Team (Support)|
|Wealth Management Business Unit – Investment Officer|
|Wealth Management Business Unit – Project Development Manager (Technology)|
|Relationship Manager (Team Lead)|
|Chief Officer (Security)||Check Eligibility here|
|Deputy Manager (IS Audit)||Check Eligibility here|
|Executive (FI & MM)||Check Eligibility here|
|Sr. Executive (Social Banking & CSR)|
|Sr. Executive (Digital Relations)||Check Eligibility here|
|Sr. Executive (Analytics)|
|Sr. Executive (Digital Marketing)|
SBI SO Apply Online
- Candidates need to first log on to the official website of the SBI (www.sbi.co.in)
- On the same page, they need to click on to the “Careers” section.
- A new page will open on the top right-hand corner of the page as “Latest Announcements” column.
- Candidates need to click on that section and check the SBI Specialist Cadre Officer section and then click on the detailed SBI SO Notification.
- After reading the notification, candidates can proceed with the SBI SO online application process as per the eligibility of the respective SBI SO post.
- Once the application process is through, candidates need to pay the SBI SO Application Fee as per the respective post through any of the below mentioned online payment modes:
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Internet Banking
To know about the SBI PO Apply Online process, click at the linked article.
SBI SO Selection Process
There is a post-wise selection process of the SBI SO exam. Given below is the general selection process which SBI conducts to recruit Specialist officer. Changes in the same can be made as per the conducting body’ s requirements. The selection process of the SBI SO includes the following 3 steps:
Step 1: Online Examination
The candidates applying for SBI SO need to clear the online examination which consists of two papers:
- Paper 1
- Paper 2
Candidates who clear the online examination are allowed to proceed to the next level of the SBI SO examination.
Step 2: Shortlisting
Shortlisting is the next process and it is done only for the candidates who opt for contractual posts.
Step 3: Interview
Those candidates who applied for both regular and contractual posts and who have cleared the online examination are eligible to appear for the Interview.
SBI SO Syllabus
There are various posts for which SBI recruits eligible candidates through the SBI SO examination. The SBI SO syllabus has three sections under Paper 1 and one section under Paper 2.
The SBI SO syllabus is basically divided into two papers as per the exam pattern of the SBI SO exam.
Paper 1 consists of the following sections:
- Reasoning Ability
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
Paper 2 consists of the Professional Knowledge section depending upon the various posts as per the SBI SO Notification.
SBI SO Exam Pattern
Candidates applying for the SBI SO exam need to be aware of the SBI SO exam pattern which includes 2 papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Paper 1 comprises of questions from:
- English Language
- Reasoning Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Paper 2 comprises of questions from:
- Professional Knowledge
The distribution of marks of each section totally depends on the type of SBI SO post that a candidate has applied for at the time of online application.
Candidates qualifying the online examination are eligible for the next process which is the Interview round.
The final list of shortlisted candidates will be announced by taking into consideration the marks obtained by the candidates in the Professional Knowledge section and the Interview round.
SBI SO Result
State Bank of India releases the SBI SO result for the shortlisted candidates who have cleared the Interview process. Every year SBI releases the results for Specialist Cadre Officers cadre for different positions.
Here are the steps to download the SBI SO Result:
- Step 1 – Open the SBI official website to access SBI SO Result.
- Step 2 – Enter your SBI SO Roll Number and Date of Birth (DoB)/ Password.
- Step 3 – Click on Submit button after feeding in the requisite credentials.
- Step 4 – The result would be displayed according to the different posts.
- Step 5 – Once you verify your result thoroughly, you can proceed to download your SBI SO Result.
- Step 6 – Take a print-out of your SBI SO Result and save it for future use.
Are you wondering how to start your bank exam preparation? Join the BYJU’S Bank Exam Learning Program as we offer well-structured reference study materials and interactive videos that will help to gear up your SBI SO exam preparation smoothly and embark on an enriching and satisfying career in the banking industry.
SBI SO Notification 2020 for Deputy Manager (Law) :- Download PDF Here
|SBI PO Prelims||SBI PO Mains||SBI Exams Notification|
|SBI Clerk Exam Pattern||SBI PO Mains Exam Analysis||SBI PO Mains Syllabus|
|SBI PO Apply Online||SBI Clerk Prelims Syllabus||Banking Awareness|