State Bank of India (SBI) is a government owned corporation it is an Indian multinational, public sector banking and financial services company. SBI conducts examinations every year for the recruitment of the eligible candidate for Specialist Officer (SO). Under SO, various posts are available. According to availability, the candidates are chosen. The various posts for which exams are conducted by state bank are:
- Assistant Manager (Systems) – JMGS I
- Developer – MMGS II
- Test Lead – MMGS II
- Tester – MMGS II
- Manager (Statistician) – MMGS III
- Assistant Manager (Statistician) – JMGS II
- Technology Relationship Manager – MMGS III
- Admin Support Officer
- Application Architect
- Business Architect
- Data Warehouse Architect
- Enterprise Architect
- Infrastructure Architect
- Portal Architect
- Technology Architect
- Infrastructure Engineer
- Civil Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Technical Engineer
- Network Engineer
- Complaint Resolution Officer
- IT Risk Manager
- IT Security Expert
- Project Manager
- Business Analyst
- Technical Lead
- Innovation Specialist
- Data Scientist
- Sourcing Analyst
- UX Designer
- WAS Administrator
Eligibility Criteria for SBI SO:
- There are different eligibility criteria for different posts.
- Candidates having Indian nationality only, are allowed for this examination.
- Age limit should be between 21 to 30 years depending upon the posts and the maximum age of the candidate must be in between 30 to 40 years.
- Educational Qualification will also vary according to various posts.
Procedure to apply for SBI SO
- Candidates have to first log on to the official website of the SBI, sbi.co.in
- They have to go down on the same page then click on to the “Careers” section.
- A new page will open; on the top right-hand side of the page, there is “Latest Announcement” column click that section then go to the Specialist Officer section and then click on to the Detailed Notification.
- Candidates are informed to read the notification first and then can apply for SBI SO.
Selection process for SBI SO:
The selection process of the SBI SO includes three steps:
The candidates applying for SBI SO, first have to clear the online examination which consists of two papers. Those who will clear the online examination are allowed for the next step.
Shortlisting is the next process and it is done only for the candidates who opt for the contractual posts.
Those candidates who applied for regular posts and those who applied for contractual posts both will appear for Interview.
Post wise selection process for SBI SO:
The selection process for candidates applied for regular posts in SBI SO:
- There is examination which has four sections
- Test of reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language
- Professional knowledge
- The candidate has to qualify the examination. The examination consists of a total of 170 questions and total mark is 230.
- Candidates have to qualify the examination to be eligible for the next process which is Interview process.
- The final list will be announced by taking into consideration the marks of the professional knowledge and the Interview.
A detailed explanation for the recruitment of State Bank of India Specialist Officer is given, that will help the candidates in the recruitment procedure in the banking sector.