In this article, aspirants can find the complete details on RBI Grade B Exam 2019 and the application and recruitment process.
The Reserve Bank of India is the central bank for the country and conducts exams annually for the recruitment to various posts in RBI. The RBI Grade B exam is conducted by RBI for the recruitment of officers. To know more about the upcoming government exams, visit the linked article.
RBI Grade B Officer exam is a very popular exam for those seeking a career in the finance sector, with the RBI Grade B Officer Recruitment notification being highly anticipated by most of the bank job aspirants in India. This article will cover all the important information regarding the RBI Grade- B Exam.
Candidates willing to apply for other exams in the banking sector can visit the Bank exams page for detailed information.
The table below gives details about the RBI grade B exam 2019:
|RBI Exam 2019|
|Conducting Body||Reserve Bank of India|
|Post||RBI Grade B Officer|
|RBI Grade B Official Notification 2019||September 20, 2019|
|Frequency of Exam||Annually|
|Number of vacancies (2019)||199|
|Job Location||Anywhere in India|
Successful candidates are inducted into the bank as officers in the following departments:
- Officers in Grade B (General)
- Officers in Grade B (Department of Economic and Policy Research)
- Officers in Grade B (Department of Statistics and Information Management)
RBI Grade B Notification 2019
The RBI Grade B exam is scheduled to be conducted in the month of November and December and the official notification has been released by RBI. The important dates for the RBI Grade B exam 2019 are given below:
|RBI Grade B Exam Dates|
|RBI Exam Details||Important Dates|
|Official Notification||September 20, 2019|
|Online Registration||September 21, 2019 to October 11, 2019|
|RBI Grade B Phase-I Exam||November 9, 2019|
|RBI Grade B Phase-II Exam||December 1, 2019 (General)
December 2, 2019 (DERP & DSIM)
|Interview||To be notified|
Candidates willing to appear for the RBI Grade B exam must note the dates and apply accordingly.
RBI Grade B Notification 2019:- Download PDF Here
RBI has released 199 vacancies for the recruitment of RBI Grade B Officers 2019. The table below gives details about the number of vacancies released by RBI for the post of Grade B officer for the past three years:
|RBI Grade B Vacancy|
|RBI Exam||Number of Vacancies|
|RBI Grade B 2019||199|
|RBI Grade B 2018||166|
|RBI Grade B 2017||161|
The above data clearly shows that there has been an increase in the number of vacancies released in the past 3 years. However, the number of candidates applying for the RBI Grade B exam and the difficulty level of exam has also increased manifolds.
RBI Grade B Exam – Online Application
Candidates applying for the RBI Grade B exam 2019 can apply for the exam by following a certain set of steps:
- Aspirants can visit the official website of Reserve Bank of India ( https://www.rbi.org.in/ ) to apply online.
- Candidates need to enter their basic qualifications and other details asked in the form and upload documents accordingly.
- Candidates need to upload a set of documents, which includes a photograph, signature, handwritten declaration and thumb impression.
- Candidates must verify the details carefully before making the final submission as no changes can be made in the form once the payment is complete.
- The form will not be accepted until the online payment is complete. The application fee for this exam is Rs. 800 for Gen/OBC candidates and Rs. 400 for SC/ST/PwBD candidates.
- Candidates must also note that if any discrepancy is found in the application form, RBI holds the right to reject the application at any time during the recruitment procedure.
Candidates can visit the RBI notification page for more details regarding the RBI Grade B recruitment procedure.
RBI Grade B Officer Salary
The RBI Grade-B Officer commands a handsome salary and enjoys many other perks. Officers in Grade B and they will also be eligible for Dearness Allowance, Local allowance, House Rent Allowance, Family Allowance and Grade Allowance as per rules in force from time to time.
|RBI Grade B Officer Salary 2019|
|Basic Pay||Rs. 35,150/- p.m.|
|Gross Emoluments||Rs. 75,831/-(approx.)|
RBI Grade B – Eligibility Criteria
Candidates preparing for the RBI Grade B exam need to follow certain eligibility criteria in order to apply for the exam. The eligibility criteria have been briefly described below:
- Nationality: Candidate must be a citizen of India, subject of Nepal or Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee permanently settled in India.
- Age limits: Candidate must have attained a minimum age of 21 years and must not be more than 30 years in age. However, there are certain age relaxations for candidates belonging to certain categories.
- Educational Qualification: The educational qualification differs for candidates applying for General, DERP and DSIM specialisations.
|RBI Grade B Eligibility Criteria|
|RBI Grade B Officer (General)||A minimum of 60% marks in Bachelor’s degree as well as in 12th and 10th Standard examinations|
|RBI Grade B Officer (Department of Economic and Policy Research)||A Master’s Degree in Economics or Finance, with a minimum of 55% marks from a
recognised Indian or Foreign University
|RBI Grade B (Department of Statistics and Information Management)||A Master’s Degree in Statistics or Mathematical Statistics/ Mathematical with a minimum of 55% marks|
The number of attempts are restricted to six for candidates belonging to the General category. No such restrictions are there for candidates belonging to other categories.
To know more about the RBI Grade B Eligibility Criteria, visit the linked article.
|RBI Mock Tests||RBI Assistant Exam||RBI Grade B Books|
|Online Quiz||RBI Assistant Cut Off||RBI Grade B Result|
RBI Grade B Exam Pattern
The first step of a fruitful prep for this exam is to become familiar with its pattern. The recruitment of RBI Grade B officers takes place in two stages, which are followed by the interview. Let’s have a look at the RBI Grade B officer exam pattern for the initial three stages:
- Phase I examination
- Phase II examination
RBI Grade B is one of the toughest exams in India, especially in the banking sector. Aspirants can also check details of IAS Exam, which has some overlap with the pattern and syllabus of RBI Grade B.
The table below highlights the exam pattern of phase – I for the RBI Grade B Officer exam:
|RBI Grade B Officer Exam Pattern for Phase – I|
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General Awareness||80||80||A composite time of 120 minutes is provided to the candidate.|
Aspirants can check BYJU’S Current Affairs page to stay updated with relevant information common across major exams in India.
The table below highlights the exam pattern of phase – II for the RBI Grade B Officer exam:
|RBI Grade B Officer Exam Pattern for Phase – II|
|Name of the Paper||Type of the Paper||Duration (in minutes)||Marks|
|Paper I Economic & Social Issues||Objective Type||90||100|
|Paper-II English (Writing Skills)||Descriptive (to be typed with the help of keyboard)||90||100|
|Paper III Finance & Management||Objective Type||90||100|
To know more about the RBI Grade B Syllabus visit the linked article.
RBI Grade B Preparation
Since the exam is approaching, candidates must start the preparation as the number of candidates applying for the exam is expected to increase for the year 2019. Given below are few tips that aspirants can follow to prepare for the RBI Grade B exam:
- With not much time left for the exam to be conducted candidates must go through the entire syllabus and revise the syllabus completely.
- Candidates applying for the RBI grade B exam must regularly attempt practise papers and mock tests as this will help in solving questions within the stipulated time. Candidates can visit the RBI Grade B Mock Test page to solve mock tests based on the latest RBI exam pattern.
- Solving previous year question papers will also be of great help to candidates. This will help in analysing the difficulty level of the RBI Grade B exam. Candidates can solve RBI Grade B previous year papers at the linked article.
- The exam is all about time management. Candidates must know their strengths and weaknesses in the paper and then attempt questions as this would help them save some time.
- The final selection of candidates is done based on merit so scoring high marks in the written exam is of utmost importance. So candidates must prepare themselves accordingly.
The RBI Grade B officer is one of the most-awaited and reputed posts in the banking sector. So candidates must start their preparation and stay updated with all the details regarding the exam.
RBI Grade B Notification 2019:- Download PDF Here