RBI Grade B Books: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) specifies the best books for RBI Grade B exam. There are plenty of the greatest books available because this exam is one of the nation’s most well-known banking exams. However, for the candidates, selecting the ideal RBI Grade B books might be a difficult challenge.
Applicants should always be ready to select RBI Grade B books that cover the necessary topics and include practice exams. We have created a collection of RBI Grade B books for various exam stages and disciplines to make things simple for candidates.
Best Books For RBI Grade B Exam
The RBI Grade B exam consists of three stages- Phase 1, Phase 2, and a personal interview. For each stage/ phase and section, an applicant should use the most recent edition of the suggested best RBI Grade B books. Here, we have provided a thorough list of the best books for RBI Grade B exam 2023.
To fully understand the syllabus and exam pattern, candidates must refer to the RBI Grade B books. It is crucial to have a thorough comprehension of the related topics to ace the upcoming recruitment exam. Your success will depend on how well you comprehend and use the things you have learned.
RBI Grade B Books For Phase 1
The four sections of the RBI Grade B Phase I exam for the DR-General post are English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness, and Reasoning. The section-wise RBI Grade B books for Phase 1 are mentioned below:
|RBI Grade B Books
|Analytical Reasoning by M.K. Pandey
Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
|Objective General English by S. P. Bakshi
Word Power Made Simple by Norman Lewis
High School Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin
|Magical Book on Quicker Maths by M. Tyra
Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations written by R.S. Agarwal
How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT written by Arun Sharma
|Banking Awareness for SBI and IBPS Bank Clerk/PO/RBI Exams/RRB by Disha Experts
Banking Awareness by Arihant Experts
RBI Grade B Books For Phase 2
Three papers are included in the Officer Grade B General Post, DEPR, and DSIM Phase-II exam. The RBI Grade B Phase II syllabus has been updated for the Gr (B)-General post. The section-wise best books for RBI Grade B examination are mentioned in the table below.
Economic and Social Issues Books for RBI Grade B
The Economic and Social Issues section includes information on all aspects of the Indian economy as well as specifics on government initiatives for various sectors. The list of important RBI Grade B books and study material for this section are mentioned below:
- Indian Economy: Uma Kapila (Series of Books)
- Indian Economy: Mishra Puri. (Latest Edition)
- Growth And Development: Devraj Ray
- Sociology: C.N. Shankar Rao
Other Preparation Material
Economic and Political Weekly
|World Development Report
Economic Survey of India
Finance Management Books for RBI Grade B
The RBI has suggested some study material specifically for topics related to finance. The best RBI Grade B books for Finance Management section are mentioned below.
- An introduction to Economics: A. W. Stonier and D. C. Hauge
- Monetary Theory and Public Policy: Kenneth Kurihara
- Indian Economy: Mishra and Puri
- Indian Economy: R. Dutt and K. P. M. Sundaram
- Economic Growth and Development: Mayer and Baldwin
- Public Finance: K. K. Andley and Sundaram
- Financial Management: Prasanna Chandra
English (Writing Skills) Books for RBI Grade B
RBI has not suggested any books to prepare for this section as it will only test the candidate’s writing skills. The writing skills can only be improved over time by reading vivaciously. Aspirants should read articles in newspapers and magazines that talk about the latest happenings in the world of finance and banking.
Additional Resources to Prepare For RBI Grade B
Apart from the RBI Grade B books, candidates should refer to monthly current affairs magazines to cover important news, Press Information Bureau’s official site for any new updates, along with referring to some good national-level newspapers. The additional books for covering the RBI Grade B syllabus are:
- Economic Survey
- Union Budget
- Quantum CAT by Sarvesh K.Verma
- Indian Economy by Ramesh Singh
- Indian Economy (Performance and Policies) by Uma Kapila
- Indian Polity by M. Laxmikanth
- Indian Financial System by Bharati V. Pathak
- Fundamentals of Financial Management by Prasanna Chandra
- Organization Behaviour by Stephen P. Robbins
RBI Grade B Preparation Tips
For the candidates to successfully complete the syllabus and pass the RBI Grade B exam, selecting the appropriate approach and preparation method is crucial. The experts have put together the following advice to help applicants improve their performance on the upcoming RBI Grade B exam.
- Analyze the required syllabus and exam schedule, underlining the key passages.
- To determine the exam’s level of difficulty, practice the RBI Grade B previous year’s question papers and attempt mock tests.
- Develop a successful exam strategy to ensure that you can complete the entire RBI Grade B syllabus in the allotted time.
- Never skip a revision; it is crucial. Make sure you go over the materials frequently.
Frequently Asked Questions on RBI Grade B Books
What are the best RBI Grade B books?
The RBI Grade B is a national-level competitive examination, consisting of a preliminary and main exam, as well as an interview. Candidates must refer to the following best books for RBI Grade B exam.
- Banking Awareness by Arihant Experts
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Aggarwal
- General English by S.P. Bakshi
Which is the best RBI Grade B Book for Banking Awareness?
To prepare for the Banking Awareness section, candidates must be aware of the Banking Glossary. The best books for RBI Grade B exam are mentioned below.
- Banking Awareness by Arihant Experts
- Banking Awareness for SBI and IBPS Bank Clerk/PO/RBI Exams/RRB by Disha Experts
How long does it take to become an RBI Grade B officer?
For RBI Grade B preparation, you should allow at least 8 to 10 months. Ideally, a candidate who is preparing to become an RBI Grade B officer must devote a full year in preparation for the exam.
Is it hard to become RBI Grade B Officer?
It is well known that the RBI Grade B exam is one of the most difficult examinations to pass in India. Despite the fierce competition and vast syllabus, you can effectively pass this exam with the correct preparation strategy.
Which books to refer for RBI Grade B Finance and Management?
Applicants should consult the following RBI Grade B books for Finance and Management.
- An Introduction to Economics by A. W. Stonier and D. C. Hauge
- Monetary Theory and Public Policy by Kenneth Kurihara
- Indian Economy by Mishra and Puri
- Indian Economy by R. Dutt and K. P. M. Sundaram
Which RBI Grade B books are the best for English?
For the English section, candidates must refer to Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis, Objective General English by SP Bakshi, and High School Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin. Candidates should increase their vocabulary and grammar by reading quality RBI Grade B books and newspapers.