IBPS (The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) recruits Specialist Officers every year for various posts under different departments. The main reason for SO post being a sought-after position is the salary and various allowances.
The basic pay of an IBPS SO is Rs. 23,700/- for Scale 1. There are various other perks and allowances entitled to the post.
Interested candidates can know more about the IBPS exams at the linked article.
|Does the IBPS SO Salary motivate you to apply for the upcoming Specialist officer exam?
Start your preparation by solving the IBPS SO Mock Tests Now!
Check out the links given below and prepare yourself to ace the 2023 Specialist Officer Exam:
The IBPS SO exam is conducted to recruit Specialist Officers in the various participating banks under IBPS. The IBPS SO salary is one major aspect for lakhs of candidates applying for the IBPS exam and choosing it as a career option.
IBPS SO Salary in India
The IBPS SO Salary varies according to the posts and grade.
The IBPS SO Salary will also be revised once the 11th Bipartite Settlement is completely implemented. Employees can expect an increment of 40% in the basic pay of IBPS SO salary.
The IBPS Specialist Officer Salary details for various posts are given below:
|IBPS SO Salary
|Officer Scale I
|Monthly salary– Rs. 36400/-
Pay Scale– Rs. 23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020
|Monthly salary- Rs. 48800/-
Pay Scale- Rs. 31705-1145/1-32850-1310/10-45950
|Officer Scale III
|Monthly salary- Rs. 64600/-
Pay Scale- Rs. 42020-1310/5-48570-1460/2-51490
For more details on bank salary, refer to the linked article.
The IBPS SO Salary includes dearness allowance and HRA for all the grades.
The allowances and perks in the IBPS SO Salary are given below:
|IBPS Specialist Officer Salary- Allowances
|House Rent Allowance
|City Compensatory Allowance
|0-4%(depends on location)
Candidates who are looking forward to applying for the upcoming IBPS SO 2023 examination can check the detailed bank exam syllabus at the linked article and prepare themselves well for the examination.
|Bank PO Salary
|Bank Employees Salary
|RBI Grade B Salary
|RBI Assistant Salary
|IBPS RRB Salary
|IBPS Clerk Salary
IBPS SO Career growth
Apart from the IBPS SO salary, there is a major scope of growth as a Specialist Officer. There are internal Interview and promotional exams which are conducted at regular intervals of time to provide a better career prospect to its employees.
The major career options that a SO can opt through the promotion are:
- Scale 1 – Officer / Assistant Manager
- Scale 2 – Manager
- Scale 3 – Senior Manager
- Scale 4 – Chief Manager
- Scale 5 – Asst. General Manager
- Scale 6 – Deputy General Manager
- Scale 7 – General Manager.
Aspirants who have any Specialised degree and are interested in joining the banking sector must opt for the IBPS SO exam. It not only provides perks and a decent salary but in terms of growth, it is a great option.
Candidates can also check the SBI SO salary at the linked article.
The roles and responsibilities of IBPS SO vary from post to post under different departments.
There are other government exams which also have a great designation, career, and salary.
Aspirants applying for the post of IAS officer can check the IAS salary at the linked article.
Also, to know the salary for various other Government posts, candidates can check the links given below:
|RRB NTPC Salary
|LIC AAO Salary
|LIC ADO Salary
|RRB JE Salary
|RRB ALP Salary
IBPS SO Job Profile
The job profile for each post under IBPS SO is based on the specialisation a candidate opts for. Given below is the job profile for each post under IBPS SO in brief:
- IT Officer – Responsible for the online portals, Core Banking Systems, saving the Softwares and online applications from cybercrime and managing any technical glitch in the system of the Organisation
- Agricultural Officer – Mainly responsible for the rural field projects managed by the Bank and coordinating with NABARD and other rural development Organisations
- Marketing Officer – Emphasizing on the sales and marketing activities of the Banking Organisation
- Law Officer – All legal activities are to be taken care of by the Law Officer. All rules and guidelines as mentioned by RBI must be followed
- HR/ Personnel Officer – Coordinating with employees, evaluating the performance of an employee and working for the welfare of employees
- Rajbhasha Adhikari – Promoting the official languages is one of the most important responsibilities of a Rajbhasha Adhikari
Frequently Asked Questions for IBPS SO Salary
Q 1. What is the basic pay of an employee working at the post of a Specialist Officer in IBPS?
Q 2. For which post is the IBPS SO exam conducted?
Q 3. Which among IBPS SO and SBI SO is better?
Ans. The IBPS SO and the SBI SO posts are similar. Their responsibilities and specialisation-wise job profile are also the same. The only difference is between the IBPS SO salary and the SBI SO salary.