In this article, we’ll look into the topic-wise distribution of the SBI SO Syllabus for the different SO exams conducted by SBI annually.
State Bank of India conducts various examinations annually for recruiting employees for SBI Specialist Officer posts according to vacancies.
Recently, SBI released the recruitment vacancies for various Specialist Officer posts. It is a golden opportunity for all the candidates who consider working at SBI as an enticing prospect.
Candidates who are aspiring to appear for the SBI SO exam need to acquaint themselves with the SBI SO syllabus, eligibility criteria and exam pattern before applying online for the examination.
To explore the SBI Recruitment of the other SBI bank exams, click at the linked article.
SBI SO Syllabus
Given below is the detailed syllabus for the recruitment of candidates for various posts of the SBI SO exam:
|SBI SO Syllabus – Reasoning Ability||SBI SO Syllabus – Quantitative Aptitude||SBI SO Syllabus – English Language|
|Alpha Numeric Sequence Puzzle||Averages||Antonyms|
|Alphabet Test||Bar Graphs||Articles|
|Analogy||Decimal & Fractions||Cloze Test|
|Arithmetical Reasoning||HCF & LCM||Comprehension|
|Classification||Heights & Distances Partnership||Conclusion|
|Clocks & Calendars||Line Graphs||Error Correction|
|Coding-Decoding||Logarithms||Fill in the Blanks|
|Deriving Conclusions from Passages||Mixtures & Allegations||Idioms & Phrases|
|Direction Sense Test||Number System||Parts of Speech|
|Eligibility Test||Percentages||Passage Completion|
|Inserting The Missing Character||Permutation & Combination||Passage Correction|
|Logic||Pie Charts||Sentence Completion|
|Logical Sequence of Words||Probability||Sentence Correction|
|Logical Venn Diagrams||Problems on Ages||Sentence Rearrangement|
|Mathematical Operations||Problems on Trains||Subject-Verb Agreement|
|Number, Ranking & Time Sequence||Profit and Loss||Synonyms|
|Puzzle Test||Ratio and Proportions||Tenses|
|Series Completion||Roots||Theme detection|
|Situation Reaction Test||Simple & Compound Interest||Unseen Passages|
|Statement – Arguments||Simplification||Vocabulary|
|Statement – Conclusions||Time and Distance & Work||Word Formation|
|Theme Detection||Volume & Surface Area||Word Games|
To know the SBI Syllabus of the other SBI bank exams, click at the linked article.
SBI SO Exam Pattern
Candidates applying for the SBI SO exam are tested on the basis of an online examination and interview process. The SBI SO exam consists of two Papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Paper 1 comprises of questions from:
- Reasoning Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language
- Paper 2 comprises of questions from:
- Professional Knowledge
The distribution of marks of each section totally depends on the type of SBI SO post that a candidate has applied for at the time of online application.
Usually, the duration of the Paper 1 is 90 minutes and Paper 2 is timed at 45 minutes for every SBI SO exam.
To know more about other SBI exams, click at the linked article.
SBI SO Preparation Tips
Here are some tips and strategies which can guide candidates on how to prepare for SBI SO exam:
- Analyse the SBI SO Syllabus: Candidates must have a fair idea of the topics in the SBI SO syllabus and understand it properly, know the exam pattern and everything related to the exam. Aspirants should try to examine the exam sections and subjects carefully. This will help them to capture their strengths and weaknesses and work on those areas which need improvement.
- Create a Timetable: Aspirants must create a timetable and prepare for the different sections of the exam accordingly. They can revise all the syllabus topics every day and focus more on the areas which need more attention.
- Stay updated and Practice more: It is a good practice to read the newspaper and magazines daily and stay updated about the Current Affairs. This will help aspirants to improve their General Awareness and English Language skills. Reading about banking or finance industry will also enhance their knowledge about questions related to the banking industry.
- Making Notes & Topic-wise studying: Aspirants should focus on section-wise topics to understand the different topics thoroughly. They should practice more problems on various topics and take notes on the important topics so that they can have a quick revision just before the examination.
- Practice Mock Papers: Practicing mock papers on a regular basis can help candidates to understand the question pattern and also assist in tracking their progress from time to time.
- Refer SBI SO Books & Study Materials: Candidates should refer to a variety of SBI SO books and study materials available online or paperback to understand the section-wise topics and have a better understanding of the questions pattern.
SBI SO Books
Here are some important books that candidates can refer while preparing for the SBI SO exam:
|Name of Section||Book Title||Author/Publication|
|Reasoning Ability||A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Quantitative Aptitude for All Competitive Examinations||Abhijit Guha|
|English Language||General English Language||Lucent’s|
|Professional Knowledge||Professional knowledge for SBI Specialist IT Officer Exam||Disha Experts|
For more information on other bank exams, click at the linked article.
With the help of these strategies and time management techniques, aspiring candidates can have a fair idea of the different section-wise topics and prepare for the SBI SO exam accordingly. Else, candidates can also join the BYJU’S Bank Exam Learning Program which contains courses with inbuilt video lectures and mock tests. These study materials help aspirants to prepare for SBI SO Exam at their own pace and ace the challenging exam with flying colours.
Stay tuned with BYJU’S to get detailed information about Government Exams in India.