The 2023 SBI Clerk recruitment process is yet to start.
State Bank of India (SBI) released the SBI Clerk Mains 2022 result for the SBI Junior Associates Prelims exam on March 10, 2023, on the official website of SBI.
The SBI Clerk notification 2022 was released on September 6, 2022. The online registration of applications for the SBI Clerk preliminary exam commenced on September 7, 2022. The last date to apply for the SBI Clerk 2022 examination was September 27, 2022.
The SBI Clerk Prelims exam is the first stage of the online computer-based examination, which is conducted to recruit candidates for the post of Junior Associate (Customer Support & Sales) at the State Bank of India.
The SBI preliminary examination was held in month of November 2022, while the main exam was conducted in the month of January 2023. To know more about the important SBI Clerk Exam Dates, refer to the linked page.
Candidates can visit the page on SBI Clerk Notification to get more information about the exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility criteria, cut-off marks, etc.
|Preparing for the SBI Clerk 2023 exam??
Solve the Free Online SBI Clerk Mock Test Now and score more in the SBI Clerk Prelims exam!
Also, refer to the links given below and ace the upcoming clerical cadre exam:
5000+ SBI Clerk vacancies have been notified by the State Bank of India for the 2022 recruitment.
Candidates may access the PDF for the SBI Clerk notification 2022 by clicking on the link given below:
SBI Clerk Notification 2022:- Download PDF Here
To learn about other SBI exams, check the linked page.
Candidates who plan to take the upcoming SBI Clerk prelims exam should have a thorough knowledge of the SBI Clerk exam pattern. Aspirants can refer to the past papers to gauge the level of difficulty of the SBI Clerk exam and create a customised study schedule based on their requirements.
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern – Prelims
The exam pattern of the SBI Clerk Prelims is given in the table below:
|Sl. No.||Section(Objective)||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|2.||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3.||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
The SBI Clerk Prelims exam is the first stage of the clerical cadre of the banking giant, which helps in shortlisting candidates for the final stage, i.e., the SBI Clerk Mains exam.
Also, for the detailed section-wise bank syllabus, candidates can visit the linked page.
Important topics for various sections of the SBI Clerk preliminary exam based on the previous year question papers are given below. Aspirants should take SBI Clerk Mock Tests before the actual examination.
- Reasoning Ability: This section tests the critical thinking and decision-making power of the examinee through various sub-categories like:
- Number Series
- Order and Ranking
- Alpha-numeric Series
- Blood Relations
- Direction Sense
- Quantitative Aptitude: This section particularly tests the numerical ability of the applicants to judge if they are capable of solving simple mathematical problems in a business setting like:
- Number System
- Problems on Age
- SI & CI
- Quadratic Equations
- Ratio and Proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Mixture & Alligation
- Simple DI
- Speed, Time & Distance
- Problems on Trains
- Mixed DI
- Quantity Comparison
- Permutation & Combination
- DI (Bar Graph)
- English Language: Under this section, a candidate’s English language skills like grammatical skills, oral reading passage or comprehension, phonics and vocabulary are assessed such as:
- Reading Comprehension
- Para jumbles
- Error Detection
- Cloze Test
- Sentence Completion
- Sentence Improvement
- Spelling Errors
- Word Replacement
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Idioms and Phrases
To know more about the SBI Clerk Prelims Syllabus, check the linked article.
SBI Clerk Prelims – Salient Points
There are certain things that need to be understood about the SBI Clerk prelims exam. Given below are the important things to remember:
- There is a penalty of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
- Earlier there was sectional cut-off for the SBI exams but now SBI has removed sectional cut-off for the SBI Clerk prelims exam.
- The preliminary exam is only qualifying in nature and the marks scored in the SBI Clerk prelims are not taken into account while determining final merit.
- Candidates are not allowed to carry any electronic devices like calculators, mobiles, digital watches, etc. to the exam centre for the SBI Clerk prelims exam.
Aspirants who plan to write the SBI Junior Associate (Customer Support & Sales) exam this year should go through the SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Analysis to bolster their preparation.
SBI Clerk Prelims Admit Card Download
Applicants who are appearing for the SBI Clerk Prelims exam can download the call letter for the exam from the bank’s official website, and check the venue details mentioned in the hall ticket properly before they appear for the exam.
Get to know how to download the SBI Clerk Admit Card by checking the linked article.
Top Exams Articles:
|Upcoming Bank Exams||Bank Clerk||SBI Clerk Exam Centres|
|SBI Clerk Eligibility||SBI PO Admit Card||SBI PO Exam Pattern|
|SBI Exam Dates||SBI Clerk Cut Off||SBI Exams Notification|
SBI Clerk Exam Result – Prelims
The SBI Clerk results for the preliminary exam will be declared mostly 2 to 3 weeks after the exam is conducted.
Candidates who qualify the prelims exam are called for the SBI Clerk main exam.
To know more about SBI Recruitment, refer to the linked article.
SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Preparation
The SBI Clerk prelims exam is around the corner and applicants need to make the best use of the available time. Here are a few tips for the SBI Clerk exam preparation:
- Prepare a study plan and take control of your learning.
- Try to take a few SBI Clerk Prelims mock tests to track your progress
- Practising more will help you assess your preparation.
- Candidates must solve SBI Clerk mock tests on a regular basis to know the type of questions asked in the exam and to evaluate their performance.
- Also, solving SBI Clerk previous year papers will prove to be beneficial for the candidates as the difficulty level of the exam can be analysed.
As the adage goes, “Make hay while the sun shines”. If you really want to crack the SBI Junior Associate exam in the first attempt, you need to start your preparation for the exam at the earliest.
Do you want to know how to gear up for bank exam preparation? BYJU’S provides well-defined course content, references and study materials. You can refer to these materials during your preparation and ace the SBI Clerk Prelims exam with flying colours.
Frequently Asked Questions on SBI Clerk Prelims
Q 1. Is there negative marking in the SBI Clerk prelims?
Q 2. When will the 2023 SBI Clerk exam be conducted?
Q 3. How to download the SBI Clerk prelims admit card?
Ans. Given below are the steps to download the SBI Clerk prelims admit card:
- Visit the official SBI website
- Click on “Announcements” option
- Click on the “SBI Clerk Prelims admit card” link
- Enter the login credentials
- The admit card is displayed on the screen, download it and keep a copy of it