SBI Clerk Prelims is the first stage of the online computer-based examination conducted for the clerical cadre appointment by the State Bank of India.
The State Bank of India has released the official notification for the SBI Clerk exam 2020 on January 2, 2020. Candidates must prepare themselves accordingly for the SBI Clerk prelims exam.
- The State Bank of India has released the SBI Clerk Result for the prelims exam on October 20, 2020, along with the scorecard. Candidates who had appeared for the preliminary exam conducted in the month of February and March can visit the linked article and get the direct link to check their result status.
- Also, the SBI Clerk prelims cut off 2020 have been released. To check the state-wise and category-wise SBI Clerk cut off, candidates can visit the linked article.
|Preparing for the SBI Clerk 2020 exam??
Solve the Free Online SBI Clerk Mock Test Now and score more in the SBI Clerk Prelims exam!
Also, refer to the links given below and ace the upcoming clerical cadre exam:
8000+ vacancies have been released to recruit Junior Associates in State Bank of India.
The SBI Clerk prelims 2020 was conducted on February 22, 29 & March 1 & 8, 2020 and the candidates who qualify the prelims exam shall be shortlisted for the mains examination.
Candidates can download PDF for the SBI Clerk Notification 2020 below:
SBI Clerk Notification 2020:- Download PDF Here
To explore about other SBI exams, check at the linked article.
Every year, SBI releases the cut-off marks for the SBI Clerk exam (Prelims & Mains) soon after the results of the respective phases are declared. The cut-off marks criterion solely lies at the discretion of the bank.
If you’re one of the applicants who is done with the registration process, then you have hardly got a few weeks to prepare for the exam. It is imperative for you to have a thorough knowledge of the SBI Clerk exam pattern and design a personalised study plan which suits your requirement.
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern – Prelims
The exam pattern of the SBI Clerk Prelims is given in the table below:
|Sl. No.||Section(Objective)||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|1.||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|2.||Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|3.||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
The SBI Clerk Prelims exam is the first stage of the clerical cadre of the banking giant which skims candidates for the final stage i.e. SBI Clerk Mains exam. It has the latest pattern of banking questions and has incorporated updated quizzes in its exam pattern.
Also, for the detailed section-wise bank syllabus, candidates can visit the linked article.
Here, we bring section-wise segregation of the SBI Clerk Preliminary Exam:
- Reasoning Ability: This section tests the critical thinking and decision-making power of the examinee through various sub-categories like:
- Number Series
- Order and Ranking
- Alpha-numeric Series
- Blood Relations
- Direction Sense
- Quantitative Aptitude: This section particularly tests the numerical ability of the applicants to judge if they are capable of solving simple mathematical problems in a business setting like:
- Number System
- Problems on Age
- SI & CI
- Quadratic Equations
- Ratio and Proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Mixture & Alligation
- Simple DI
- Speed, Time & Distance
- Problems on Trains
- Mixed DI
- Quantity Comparison
- Permutation & Combination
- DI (Bar Graph)
- English Language: Under this section, a candidate’s English language skills like grammatical skills, oral reading passage or comprehension, phonics and vocabulary are assessed such as:
- Reading Comprehension
- Para jumbles
- Error Detection
- Cloze Test
- Sentence Completion
- Sentence Improvement
- Spelling Errors
- Word Replacement
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Idioms and Phrases
To explore the SBI Clerk Prelims Syllabus at length, check at the linked article.
SBI Clerk Prelims – Salient Points
There are certain things that need to be known about the SBI Clerk prelims exam. Given below are the important things to remember:
- Penalty of 0.25 marks is there for every answer which is wrongly marked
- Earlier there was sectional cut off for the SBI exams but now SBI has removed sectional cut off for the SBI Clerk prelims
- It is only qualifying in nature and the marks scored in the SBI Clerk prelims are not counted for the final merit
- Candidates are not allowed to carry any electronic device like calculators, mobiles, digital watches, etc. to the exam centre for the SBI Clerk prelims exam
SBI Clerk Prelims Admit Card Download
Applicants who are appearing for the SBI Clerk Prelims exam can download the call letter for the exam from the bank’s official website (www.sbi.co.in), and check the venue details mentioned in the hall ticket properly before they appear for the exam. The dates are tentative as the official notification is yet to be released by the State Bank of India.
Get to know how to download the SBI Clerk Admit Card by checking the linked article.
Top Exams Articles:
|Upcoming Bank Exams||Bank Clerk||SBI Clerk Exam Dates|
|SBI Clerk Eligibility||SBI PO Admit Card||SBI PO Exam Pattern|
|SBI Exam Dates||SBI Clerk Cut Off||SBI Exams Notification|
SBI Clerk Exam Result – Prelims
The SBI Clerk result of 2020 will be declared once the online exams are conducted. The result is mostly declared 2 to 3 months weeks after the exam is conducted.
The SBI Clerk 2019 Exam Date (Preliminary) was conducted on 22nd & 23rd June 2019. Being the initial stage of selection, the SBI Junior Associates Prelims result were announced on 23rd July 2019.
The candidates who qualify the prelims exam are called for the mains exam.
Aspirants willing to apply for the SBI Clerk exam 2020 must note that the result for the preliminary exam is released within two to three weeks from the examination date and for the year 2020.
To know more about SBI Recruitment, refer to the linked article.
SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Preparation
With a few days left in hand, applicants need to make the best use of the available time and distribute their time equally for all the sections of the exam. Here are a few tips for SBI Clerk exam preparation:
- Prepare a study plan and take control of your learning, stay motivated and feel confident
- Try to take a few SBI Clerk Prelims mock tests to track your progress
- Practising more would give you insights and status of your preparation
- Candidates must solve SBI Clerk mock tests on a regular basis to know the type of questions asked in the exam and to analyse their performance.
- Also, solving SBI Clerk previous year papers will prove to be beneficial for the candidates as the difficulty level of the exam can be apprehended.
As the adage goes, “Make hay while the sun shines”. If you really want to crack the SBI Junior Associate exam in the first attempt, you need to start preparing for the exam at the earliest.
Do you want to know how to gear up your bank exam preparation for SBI clerical cadre exam? At BYJU’S, we would be happy to help. BYJU’S provides well-defined course content, references and study materials. You can refer these materials during your preparation and ace the SBI Clerks Prelims exam with flying colours.
SBI Clerk Notification 2020:- Download PDF Here
Frequently Asked Questions on SBI Clerk Prelims
Q 1. Is there negative marking in the SBI Clerk prelims?
Q 2. When shall the SBI Clerk prelims result 2020 be released?
Q 3. How to download the SBI Clerk prelims admit card?
Ans. Given below are the steps to download the SBI Clerk prelims admit card:
- Visit the official SBI website
- Click on “Announcements” option
- Click on the “SBI Clerk Prelims admit card” link
- Enter the login credentials
- The admit card is displayed on the screen, download it and keep a copy of it