STATE BANK OF INDIA (SBI) is a government owned corporation. It is an Indian multinational, public sector banking and financial services company. SBI conducts examination every year for the recruitment of the eligible candidate for Probationary Officers (PO) and the SBI PO Notification for this year is out. The date for online registration starts from February 7, 2017 and online registration process ends on March 6, 2017.
The SBI PO exam is conducted in three phases i.e.:
- The SBI PO Prelims
- The SBI PO Mains
- Group Discussion and Interview.
A candidate has to clear the sectional and overall cut-off of the Prelims examination that consists of 100 marks and has a duration of 1 hour to qualify for the Mains examination. The candidates will also have to clear all the sectional and overall cut-off of the Mains examination consisting of total 200 marks and has a duration of 2 hours 40 minutes, to get qualified for the Group discussion which consists of (20 marks) and the Interview of 30 marks.The cutoffs are decided by the conducting body and are different for the different categories.
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria:
- Age Limit: Candidates applying for SBI PO exams should have an age limit between 21 years to 30 years as on 1st April 2017.
- Minimum Educational Qualification: Graduation in any section from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized by the Central Government.
- Those who are in the final year/semester of their graduation can also apply for the SBI PO exam, subjected to the condition that if they are called for the interview, they must have a proof that they had passed their graduation on or before 01.07.2017. And the candidates having Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is before 01.07.2017.
How to apply online for SBI PO Exams 2017:
- Candidates can apply online for SBI PO 2017 from 07.02.2017 to 06.03.2017.
- Candidates will be required to register online.
- After registration, the successive process will be followed by paying the application fee through online mode by using debit card /credit card/internet banking.
SBI PO –Important Dates:
Candidates applying for SBI PO need to be well acquainted with these following important dates.
|Online registration of application starts||February 7,2017|
|Online registration of application ends||March 6,2017|
|Last date for edit of application||March 6,2017|
|Last date for print for application||April 2017|
|Last date of fee payment||March 6,2017|
|Admit card of SBI PO 2017 for pre-exam training||April,2017|
|Admit card for Preliminary exam||April 15,2017|
|Online Preliminary exam dates||April 29,30 and May 6,7 2017|
|Result of online preliminary Exam||May 17 , 2017|
|Admit card for main exam||May 22 , 2017 onwards|
|Online Main Exam date||June 4 ,2017|
|Result of Online Main exam||June 19 , 2017|
|Download call letter for interview||June 26, 2017|
|Conduct of Group discussion & Interview||July 10, 2017|
|Declaration of final result||August 5, 2017|
|Download of Call letters for Pre-exam training||April 7, 2017 onwards|
SBI PO Number Of Attempts:
Following are the total number of repeated attempts a candidate can get for applying for the SBI exams.
|Category||Number of attempts|
The aspirants applying for the exam must be well aware of the SBI PO Syllabus and other relevant details of the exam before filing the online application form. The tentative dates and notification are already out. Stay tuned to Byju’s to know more about the different SBI exams.
|IBPS Specialist Officer||Government Bank Jobs|
|Upcoming Bank Exams||IBPS Clerk 2017 Selection Procedure|