In this article, we shall discuss at length about the appropriate exam strategy and best banking exam preparation apps.
In India, the banking profession is considered as one of the most prestigious jobs for freshers and experienced professionals. It’s an open secret that banks offer handsome packages, job security along with other perks to its employees.
The demand for banking professionals in the banking landscape has shown tremendous growth in the recent past and is likely to grow in the coming years. The competition among the banking aspirants is exceptionally high, and it is getting more challenging by the day.
|Appearing for the Bank Exams 2021?
Take a test to analyse how your bank exam preparation is going!
The three major bodies which conduct bank exams are:
Every year millions of aspirants apply for renowned bank exams with the hope of making it to the final list of selected candidates. However, it is easier said than done! The selection of a few thousand or hundred does not solely depend on merely enrolling to reputed coaching centres or possessing high intelligence.
To ace the bank exam 2021 with flying colours, applicants need to prepare well and meet the standard section-wise cut-offs set by the respective banks. Only the selected few receive the Appointment Letter by the concerned bank who fulfil this criterion and are deputed in different bank branches as per the requirement.
The prominent bank exams in India are:
- SBI PO
- SBI Clerk
- SBI SO
- RBI Grade B
- RBI Assistant
- IBPS PO
- IBPS Clerk
- IBPS RRB PO
- IBPS RRB Clerk
- IBPS SO
Bank Exams Preparation Tips & Strategies
Here, we bring a few tips to start your bank PO preparation:
- Figure out the exam pattern and syllabus: Preparing for a bank exam is not a one-day task. The key to scoring well in the competitive exams calls for a lot of time, effort and dedication of candidates during the bank exam preparation process. As an aspirant, you should be aware of the bank exam pattern to clear the bank exam 2019 with ease.
To explore more about SBI Syllabus, check at the linked article.
The exam pattern of a bank PO exam is divided into three parts: Prelims, Mains and Interview. The Preliminary section of any bank exam is mostly identical; the Mains might vary from one bank exam to another.
Given below is the test pattern of Bank Prelims exam:
|Sections||Total no. of questions||Maximum Marks||Exam Duration|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||60 Minutes Cumulative Time|
|English Language (Verbal)||30||30|
To know more about SBI PO exam pattern, check at the linked article.
However, the Mains exam does not have any particular exam pattern, and it entirely depends upon the respective bank exam pattern.
Listed below are the subjects which are included in the Mains exam:
a) Quantitative Aptitude
b) English Language
c) Reasoning Ability
d) General Awareness
e) Computer Awareness
Having a fair knowledge of the exam pattern puts you in a better position to start your bank exam preparation and avoid last-minute surprises in the examination hall.
Candidates looking for the detailed section-wise syllabus can check the links given below:
To explore more about SBI Eligibility, check at the linked article.
You need to be aware of the exam syllabus and stay updated with the topics that are included in the exam. This will help you prepare a blueprint of your bank exam preparation.
- Design a personalised study plan: While you’re aware of the bank exams syllabus, you must have a study plan in place. This will help you in structuring your study schedule, focus on those sections which need more attention.
Besides, having a study plan will help you capture your strengths and weaknesses and work on those areas that need improvement. Following a study plan religiously while you have started your bank PO preparation helps you to keep track of your regular performance and pay special attention to the complex topics.
To know more about SBI Recruitment, check at the linked article.
- Avoid procrastination: While you have made up your mind to take the competitive bank exams soon, ensure that you do not delay your bank exam preparation till the last minute. The more you delay your studies, the more are your chances of ruining your chances to make it to the selected list.
If you’re looking for banking preparation online, you can check for several bank exam preparation websites available across the internet to detect your prep progress. Study 2-3 hours every day so that you can refresh and revise old concepts and retain complex topics in your mind easily.
To learn more about SBI PO Preparation, check at the linked article.
- Explore competitive bank preparation books and online resources: You might encounter thousands of education materials and bank exam preparation books available online for reference purposes.
You can refer to dedicated bank exam preparation websites and banking exam preparation app like BYJU’S: The Learning App, which provides extensive banking study materials for preparation. Besides, you can also download the study material available on the website and refer blog articles and elucidated repositories that are available online.
To know more about SBI exam dates, check at the linked article.
For booklist regarding the upcoming banking sector exams, candidates can check the links given below:
You can also derive sample papers, mock questions, and previous year questions and solve them to get a feel of the real exam. The more you search the web, the more acquainted you become to the best books for banking exam preparation.
Interestingly, the best bank preparation books are designed by industry experts who have had a similar experience of taking the exams in their past. It is highly recommended to read and go through the best books for bank preparation which may either be available online or in hard copy format.
- Attempt a few timed mock tests: Banking applicants who are planning to take the bank exam soon should not just go ahead with a rigorous bank preparation routine. Instead, they should devote sufficient time to take simulated free mock tests occasionally to track the status of their prep.
For a better understanding of the exam pattern and syllabus of bank exams, candidates are advised to take mock tests regularly. Some of the mock tests for important bank exams are given in the table below:
- Solve Previous Year Question Papers: The candidates who shall be appearing for the bank exams for the first time must refer to the previous year question papers. To get an idea about the type of questions asked, the exam pattern, the level of exam and the important topics from the different sections. This will act as an advantage while preparing for the examination.
Another benefit of solving the previous year paper is that it will give an experience of the final exam and will boost your confidence and also, will let one analyse what their strengths or weaknesses in the exam are.
Given below are the links to a few major bank exam question papers:
|SBI PO Question Papers||SBI Clerk Question Papers|
|IBPS Question Papers||RBI Previous Year Question Papers|
- Refer To Bank Exam Preparation Apps: There are multiple applications that can be used by candidates to prepare for the bank exams. The biggest benefit of such apps is that at any point in time, candidates can turn to them and look for solutions to their problems. Sitting at home itself candidates can get all the necessary information and study material through these bank exam preparation apps.
Applications available online for bank exam preparation are the most convenient source of preparation since people are restricted to their homes. These comprise detailed study material, video lectures and preparation strategies that can be helpful for competitive exam preparation. Thus, candidates must turn to such bank preparation apps to ace the upcoming examination.
These preparation bank exam apps can be easily accessed, and candidates can get the relevant study plan at any time and anywhere. Thus if candidates intend to prepare at home, they can consider these bank exam preparation apps.
To explore Bank Coaching in Bangalore, check at the linked article.
Candidates should practice sample bank exam question papers by keeping a timer so that it becomes easier for them to detect their time management skills and periodically solve the mock questions. Candidates can refer to previous year question papers for various banks and government exams in the linked page.
As an applicant, if you follow this strategy, you can immensely benefit from this opportunity and also boost your confidence and morale before you sit for the actual exam.
|Other Related Links|
|Tips to Prepare for Bank Exams at Home||Tips and Study Material for Bank Exams|
|How to Prepare for the Bank PO Exam?||IBPS PO Preparation Tips|
|Tips to Prepare Current Affairs for Bank Exams||Prepare for Bank Exams in 1 Month|
While there are innumerable candidates who opt for specialised coaching centres to prepare themselves for the competitive banking exams, there are still many aspirants who prepare on their own.
To explore SBI Admit Card in detail, check at the linked article.
If you are one of those applicants who wish to prepare at home, remember that it could become challenging and might often put you away from your comfort zone. Just ensure that during your bank exam preparation online.
Candidates can also check the detailed syllabus for the various exams conducted for recruitment in the Banking Industry in India at the bank exam syllabus page.
BYJU’S has developed systematic study materials and courses which enable candidates to prepare for any of the bank exams easily and clear it successfully. Aspirants can turn to the BYJU’S app for bank exam preparation.
Frequently Asked Questions for Banking Exam Preparation
Q 1. Is the banking exam preparation tough?
Q 2. Is iT possible to prepare for a bank exam in 3 months?
Q 3. Which are the best banking exam preparation books?
Ans. Given below is a list of books that candidates can consider to prepare for the RBI Grade B exam:
- Quantitative Aptitude by Arun Sharma
- Major economic newspapers and Economic and Political Weekly
- Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Agarwal
- Wren and Martin for English Grammar
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Arihant Publications
- Banking Awareness by Arihant Publications
To prepare for the general awareness section, candidates are advised to read the newspaper daily and stay updated with the latest news across the world.