Quantitative aptitude is an inseparable and an integral part of aptitude exams in India. It tests the quantitative skills along with logical and analytical skills. One can test their own number of handling techniques and problem-solving skills by solving these questions.
To know more about Govt Exams, check at the linked article.
As the proverb goes “A stitch in time saves nine”, a well-planned preparation for these exams will help in saving more time during the examination.
On average, one minute per question is the time available to solve questions in the exams.
|Practise more to score more in the Quantitative Aptitude section. Refer to the links given below:|
Check the 10 Simple Maths Tricks and Shortcuts to save time in solving the Quantitative Aptitude section for the upcoming Government exams.
Hence, along with gaining expertise in conceptual and analytical sections, one has to master the speed of solving questions also. Following is the list of topics under quantitative aptitude.
List of topics:
- Alligations and mixtures
- Problems on Age
- Averages, Mean, Median and Mode
- Boat Problems
- Chain rule
- Data Interpretation
- Games and Races
- Heights and distances
- Number Series
- LCM and HCF
- Linear Equations
- Number theory
- Number System – Fractions, Decimals
- Permutation and Combinations
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Points, lines and angles
- Profit and Loss
- Quadratic Equations
- Ratio and Proportions
- Remainder theorem and unit digit
- Sets and Venn Diagrams
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Simplification and Approximation
- Speed, Distance and Time
- Stocks and shares
- Data Sufficiency
- Surds, Indices, Exponents, and Powers
- Surface area
- Time and Work
- Problems on Train
- Work and Wages
To explore various SBI Exams at length, check at the linked article.
Listed below are the steps to solve Quantitative aptitude questions:
- Read and understand the information carefully.
- Analyze the critical information.
- Apply the concepts or formulae to the situation.
- Evaluate the answer in the required units.
- Verify the calculations and select the correct answer.
To explore more about SBI Clerk Syllabus, check at the linked article.
Following is the list of exams where one finds the questions from all the topics given above.
- RBI Exams
- RBI Grade – B
- RBI Assistant Stage I
- RBI Assistant Stage II
- SBI Exam
- IBPS Exams
- IBPS PO Prelims
- IBPS PO Mains
- IBPS Clerk Prelims
- IBPS Clerk Mains
- IBPS SO Prelims
- IBPS RRB Prelims (Office Assistants)
- IBPS RRB Mains (Office Assistants)
- IBPS RRB Prelims (Scale I Officers)
- IBPS RRB Mains (Scale I Officers)
- IBPS RRB General Banking Officers(Scale I)
- IBPS RRB Specialist Cadres (Scale II)
- IBPS RRB Scale III Officers
- SSC Exams
- SSC CGL Tier 1
- SSC JE Paper 1
- SSC GD
- SSC CPO Paper 1
- RRB Exams
- RRB JE-First Stage CBT
- RRB NTPC
- RRB ALP
Candidates can prepare themselves well for the government exams if they solve mock tests and previous year question papers on a regular basis.
Given below are a set of links which may help you prepare for the upcoming Government exams:
|Shortcut Tricks For Square and Cubes||Bank Exam Syllabus|
|Tips to solve Number Series||Banking Awareness|
Solving all these shall prove to be very useful for the candidates preparing for the quantitative aptitude section in bank exams.
All Government exam aspirants can also visit the Preparation Strategy for Competitive Exams page to get the best tips to ace the upcoming examinations.
For any further assistance, candidates can turn to BYJU’S and get all the latest exam information, study material and preparation tips.
Frequently Asked Questions on Quantitative Aptitude
Q 1. What type of questions are asked in the quantitative aptitude section?
Q 2. Is the quantitative aptitude section tough?
Q 3. Quantitative Aptitude is a part of what all Government exams?
Ans. Given below is a list of Government exams in which quantitative aptitude is included:
- SSC Exams
- Bank Exams
- Insurance Exams
- FCI Manager Exam
- Railway Recruitment Board Exams
Quantitative Aptitude/ Numerical Ability section is also included in the major competitive exams conducted in the country, including CAT.
Q 4. How to prepare for quantitative aptitude?
Ans. Given below are a few simple tips which will help candidates prepare for the quantitative aptitude section of competitive exams:
- Focus on understanding the core concept
- Practise more and more questions based on each topic
- Apply shortcuts and tricks while solving the quantitative aptitude questions
- Try solving mock tests and question papers specifically designed for this section
- Time management must be kept in mind
- In case of a large decimal number, try rounding them off and solving the question