In this article, we’ll familiarize you with all the details pertaining to the SBI Clerk Mains exam.
We’ll take you through the different components of the exam and what all you need to do to succeed in the exam and make it to the final merit list.
To know more about other SBI exams, check at the linked article.
The SBI Clerk Notification 2020 has been released by the State Bank of India on January 2, 2020. The SBI Clerk mains exam 2020 which was tentatively scheduled to be conducted on April 19, 2020 has now been postponed due to the outbreak of COVID-19.
State Bank of India released its official notification for the year 2019 on 11th April 2019 announcing to recruit 8,653 new entrants for the SBI Junior Associates post, the tentative exam schedule, SBI Clerk Admit Card download and exam result dates of SBI Clerk Mains Exam.
The SBI Clerk is also popularly known as SBI Junior Associates exam. More than 8000 vacancies have been released for the recruitment of Junior Associates in SBI.
To explore other bank exams, refer to the linked article.
SBI Junior Associates Mains Exam Pattern
|Sl. No.||Section(Objective)||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Duration|
|1.||General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 minutes|
|2.||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 minutes|
|3.||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 minutes|
|4.||General English||40||40||35 minutes|
|Total||190||200||160 minutes (Cumulative)|
Being the final stage of selection in the clerical cadre, the SBI Clerk Mains Exam has implemented the latest exam pattern of banking quizzes across the different sections. Here is the break-up of the SBI Clerk Exam Pattern – Mains:
- General/Financial Awareness: This section particularly tests the General Knowledge, Current Affairs and Financial or Business Awareness of a candidate.
- Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude: The Reasoning Ability section measures the critical thinking ability of an examinee through various categories like Coding-Decoding, Puzzle, Number Series, Order and Ranking, Data Sufficiency, Blood Relations, etc.
On the contrary, the Computer Aptitude section tests the computer awareness of a candidate mainly based on a conversion from Binary to Decimal or vice-versa.
- Quantitative Aptitude: In this section, the mathematical skills of a candidate are being tested through numerical problems based on Number System, Simplification, Approximation, Percentage, SI & CI, Quadratic Equations, Probability, etc.
- English Language: Under this section, the grammatical and vocabulary skills of a candidate are being assessed such as Reading Comprehension, Para jumbles, Sentence Completion, Spelling Errors, Vocabulary, etc.
To explore the SBI Clerk Mains Syllabus in detail, refer to the linked article.
Who are eligible to sit for SBI Clerk Mains Exam?
Candidates who get shortlisted in the SBI Clerk Prelims are eligible to sit for the Mains exam.
SBI Clerk Mains Cut-off
The SBI Clerk Exam has two types of cut-off marks in both Preliminary & Mains for candidates to be eligible to make it to the final merit list:
- Section-wise SBI Clerk Cut-off: This refers to the minimum marks that candidates need to secure in individual exam sections.
- Total SBI Clerk Cut-off Marks: This implies the composite score that candidates must secure by clubbing all the marks obtained in the different exam sections.
To know more about SBI Recruitment, check at the linked article.
Given below is the SBI Clerk Mains cut off for the year 2019 for the reference of candidates:
|SBI Clerk Cut Off 2019 (Mains)|
Given below is the SBI Cut off for the mains exam 2018:
|Subjects||Total Marks||General||OBC/SC/ST||HI/VI/OH/ XS/DXS|
|General / Financial Awareness||50||13.5||9.5||3.25|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||60||24||19||11.25|
Given below is the SBI Clerk Mains cut-off during the year 2018:
SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card
It is mandatory for students to download the SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card before they appear Mains exam this year. Candidates can download the admit card from the SBI official site (www.sbi.co.in).
Applicants should ensure that they check the venue details thoroughly and read the guidelines given in the examination booklet before they sit for the Mains exam.
For more information about SBI Clerk Admit Card, check at the linked article.
SBI Clerk Mains Score Card
According to the official notification released by SBI, the SBI Clerk Mains Result date should fall in the month of September 2020 (tentatively). Although, the date might change depending upon the whims of the banking giant.
Besides, candidates who appear for the exam should aim to secure the minimum SBI Clerk Mains marks to be eligible to make it to the final cut of shortlisted candidates.
To explore the SBI Clerk Notification in detail, check at the linked article.
Did you know most SBI Clerk Mains Exam aspirants prefer to prepare from well-structured and easy to grasp content? At BYJU’S, we have designed our course content in a very detailed and systematic manner which helps candidates to gear up their preparation in the most effective manner. Good Luck with your preparation!
Keep an eye on our SBI Exams page for more such useful content.
Top Exams Articles: