IBPS RRB 2021 – The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts the IBPS RRB Exam to recruit Officers who will head the various Regional Rural Banks (RRB) in India and Office Assistants who will help in multipurpose tasks.
Latest Update: On June 7, 2021, the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has released the notification for IBPS RRB 2021, to appoint candidates at the post of Office Assistant, Officer Scale I, II and III in various Regional Rural Banks across the country.
Over 12,000 vacancies have been released by the conducting body and aspirants can visit the IBPS RRB Notification page and get the detailed distribution of vacancies and other recruitment related details.
The window for the online application process for the various posts will remain open between June 8, and 28, 2021. Candidates can visit the IBPS RRB Apply Online page and get the direct link to complete the online registration.
|Preparing for the upcoming IBPS RRB exam 2021??
Test your preparation with the Free IBPS RRB Mock Test now!
Also, refer to the links given below and ace the IBPS RRB PO, SO & Clerk exam:
In rural and semi-urban areas, regular banks may not be able to provide a full range of service. This is where Regional Rural Banks step in to fill in the void. In this article, we’ll take you through IBPS RRB Exam 2021 Notification, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Exam Dates, and lots more.
If you want to know more about the other exams conducted by the IBPS, then visit the linked article.
Table of Contents:
- IBPS RRB Notification
- IBPS RRB Eligibility
- IBPS RRB Exam Pattern
- IBPS RRB Syllabus
- IBPS RRB Apply Online
- IBPS RRB Clerk
- IBPS RRB PO
- IBPS RRB Exam Date
IBPS exam aspirants must also read about the National Recruitment Agency (NRA) at the linked article. This Organisation has been approved by the Union Cabinet to conduct a Common Eligibility Test (CET) to appoint candidates in Non-Technical and Non-Gazetted posts under SSC, RRB, and IBPS.
IBPS RRB Notification
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has released the notification for IBPS RRB recruitment 2021 on June 7, 2021.
A total of 12,820 vacancies have been released by the conducting body for the 2021 IBPS Regional Rural Bank PO and Clerk recruitment.
There has been a slight increase in the number of vacancies released from the previous year as in 2020. IBPS had announced a total of 10493 vacancies for both Group A Officers and Group B Office Assistants combined.
To check the exam schedule for the various posts for which the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts exams, candidates can visit the IBPS exam dates page.
IBPS RRB Exam Date
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has released the exam dates for IBPS RRB Exam 2021.
The dates mentioned below are as per the formal announcement made by the conducting body in the notification released by them.
Given below are the IBPS RRB exam dates for the 2021 recruitment as per the official notification and the IBP Calendar 2021:
|IBPS RRB Exam Dates 2021|
|Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Official Notification||June 7, 2021|
|Prelims Exam||August 1, 2021
August 7, 2021
August 8, 2021
August 14, 2021
August 21, 2021
|Single Exam||September 25, 2021|
|Mains Exam||Officer Scale I – September 25, 2021
Office Assistants – October 3, 2021
The dates mentioned above are based on the official announcement made by the conducting body in the notification released by them. To know more in detail about the IBPS RRB Exam Date, visit the linked article.
*Note: Candidates must keep in mind that there is no preliminary examination for Officers Scale II and III but a single level examination followed by an interview upon passing.
Candidates willing to apply for the upcoming IBPS RRB exams can get the detailed bank exam syllabus at the liked article.
IBPS RRB Participating Organisations
The purpose of conducting the IBPS RRB exam is to recruit Officers and Office Assistant to the different Gramin Banks of the country. Given below is the list of participating Gramin Banks:
|Regional Rural Banks|
|Allahabad UP Gramin Bank
|Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank
|Andhra Pragathi Grameena Bank
|Mizoram Rural Bank
|Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank
|Assam Gramin Vikash Bank
|Bangiya Gramin Vikash Bank
|Nagaland Rural Bank
|Baroda Gujarat Gramin Bank
|Baroda Rajasthan Kshetriya Gramin
|Baroda UP Gramin Bank
|Narmada Jhabua Gramin Bank
|Bihar Gramin Bank
|Central Madhya Pradesh Gramin Bank
|Chaitanya Godavari Grameena Bank
|Odisha Gramya Bank
|Chhattisgarh Rajya Gramin Bank
|Dena Gujarat Gramin Bank
|Ellaquai Dehati Bank
(Jammu & Kashmir)
|Pallavan Grama Bank
|Gramin Bank of Aryavart
|Himachal Pradesh Gramin Bank
|J & K Grameen Bank
(Jammu & Kashmir)
|Pandyan Grama Bank
|Jharkhand Gramin Bank
|Karnataka Vikas Grameen Bank
|KashiGomtiSamyut Gramin Bank
|Paschim Banga Gramin Bank
|Kaveri Grameena Bank
|Kerala Gramin Bank
|Langpi Dehangi Rural Bank
|Pragathi Krishna Gramin Bank
|Madhya Bihar Gramin Bank
|Madhyanchal Gramin Bank
|Maharashtra Gramin Bank
|Malwa Gramin Bank
|Manipur Rural Bank
|Meghalaya Rural Bank
|Puduvai Bharthiar Grama Bank
|Punjab Gramin Bank
|Rajasthan Marudhara Gramin Bank
|Saptagiri Grameena Bank
|Sarva Haryana Gramin Bank
|Sarva UP Gramin Bank
|Saurashtra Gramin Bank
|Sutlej Gramin Bank
|Telangana Grameena Bank
|Tripura Gramin Bank
|UtkalGrameen Bank (Odisha)||Uttarbanga Kshetriya Gramin Bank
|Uttar Bihar Gramin Bank (Bihar)||Uttarakhand Gramin Bank
|Vananchal Gramin Bank
|Vidharbha Konkan Gramin Bank
IBPS RRB Eligibility
The candidates attempting the IBPS RRB Exam this year must understand the eligibility criteria to the fullest. There are three criteria that a candidate needs to fulfil to apply for the exam. They are as follows:
- Nationality / Citizenship: Candidates must be nationals of India, Nepal, Bhutan.
- Age: The minimum age limit for Officer Scale I & II is 21 years, and for Officer Scale III and Officer Assistants is 18 years. Candidates can check the detailed upper and lower age limit criteria at the IBPS RRB Eligibility page
- Education and Experience: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university and the relevant experience as prescribed by the IBPS.
IBPS RRB Exam Pattern
The IBPS RRB Exam Pattern consists of :
- Prelims Examination
- Mains Examination
- Interview Phase
*Note: The interview phase in not applicable to those candidates who are applying for the post of Office Assistant. It is applicable only for the posts of Officers Scale – I, II & III.
IBPS RRB Syllabus
The IBPS RRB Syllabus covers a wide range of topics on a variety of subjects. The syllabus may vary depending on the specialization of Officer Scale-II. The primary subjects covered in the Prelims are as follows:
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
The entire paper is of 80 marks, which needs to be completed in a time duration of 45 minutes.
The IBPS RRB Mains Syllabus is as follows:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- English / Hindi Language
- Financial Knowledge
- General Awareness
- Computer Knowledge
The mains exam constitutes a total of 200 marks for which the duration is of about 120 minutes in total
For more detailed information on IBPS RRB Syllabus, candidates can visit the linked page.
IBPS RRB Apply Online
To register for the Regional Rural Bank Exam, candidates must visit the official IBPS website to fill the application form.
The steps for IBPS RRB registration is as follows:
- Step 1 – Visit the official IBPS website.
- Step 2 – Register using your mobile number and email id
- Step 3 – Login using your registration id, which will be generated after you register with your mobile number and email id
- Step 4 – Fill all the essential details like name, address, etc.
- Step 5 – Upload necessary documents like photographs, signature.
- Step 6 – Before clicking on the ‘submit’ button, review the application form to make sure that all the data entered are correct and free of any errors.
- Step 7 – Select your mode of payment to pay the application fee and fill in the details. The registration process is then complete.
Regional Rural Bank aspirants can know the detailed IBPS RRB Online application process at the linked article.
IBPS RRB Admit Card
The facility to download the IBPS RRB Admit Card will be made available on the official IBPS website at least one week before the exam. Candidates can visit the official website to download their admit cards.
Steps to download IBPS RRB Admit Card
- Visit the IBPS website (www.ibps.in).
- Enter your login credentials. You can choose to enter it in either English or Hindi.
- Enter the Registration Number that you have received at the time of application.
- You will then be redirected to a page where you should click on the option – “Download Call Letter.”
- Either enter your date of birth in the format prescribed. Or enter the password as received by you at the time of application.
- Once submitted, your IBPS RRB hall ticket displays on the screen. Make sure to download your Call Letter well in advance to avoid any technical glitches.
- You can download your IBPS RRB Admit Card and take a printout. Try to keep a few more copies for future use.
This year, a few essential instructions have been added for candidates to follow at the exam centre. To get more information regarding the same, candidates can visit the IBPS RRB Admit Card page.
IBPS RRB Clerk
The IBPS RRB Clerk position is also known as Office Assistant. The post serves as a helping hand to the various functions of an RRB. One can safely say that this is the starting point of a candidate’s future career in banking.
The roles and responsibilities of an IBPS RRB Clerk are as follows:
- Handling receipts: Receiving and acknowledging cash, drafts, pay orders, and other instruments.
- Handling withdrawal: Passing and paying out cash payment of withdrawals for drafts, cheques etc.
- Handling emails and delivery: Acknowledging incoming emails, preparing outgoing emails, and managing the delivery of cheque books.
Usually the training or probationary period of an IBPS RRB Clerk is of 6 months to 1 year. During this time, candidates will get knowledge of various functions of the bank, along with getting a strong sense of familiarity with the kind of work they will be doing.
To know more about the IBPS RRB Clerk Exam, visit the linked article.
IBPS RRB PO
The IBPS recruits potential candidates who will form the backbone of the participating RRBs across the country. They will have the designation of PO (Probationary Officer) otherwise also known as Officer Scale I.
The roles and responsibilities of the IBPS RRB PO are as follows:
- Regular Banking Activities: The RRB PO has to perform all the activities that a commercial bank officer performs daily. The Officer will be involved in handling the books of the banks, helping with customer queries, manage cash books, etc.
- Granting Loans: The primary duty of the RRB PO is to ensure that the credit facility is available in rural areas. The RRB PO allows specialised loans like the agriculture loan to farmers after evaluating their papers and documents.
- Maintaining Credit Profile: Along with the distribution of loan, the PO has to keep a watch on the very same loans as most of them might turn into Non-Performing Assets (NPA) if not appropriately monitored. Thus the RRB PO has to regularly monitor the capacity of the borrower to pay back the loan.
- Recovery of the Loan: In case a borrower has failed to repay the loan, it falls on the Officer to recover it. One of the methods of recovering an unrepaid loan is by mortgaging the property of the borrower.
- Implementation of Schemes: The RRB PO is in charge of implementing the various schemes devised by the Government of India. These schemes are designed for the upliftment of rural areas. It is the responsibility of the RRB PO to implement them in the areas under his/her administration.
To know more about the IBPS RRB PO Exam, visit the linked article
|Government Exams||IBPS RRB PO Prelims Exam Analysis||Bank Exam Preparation|
|IBPS Clerk Exam||RBI Officer Grade B Exam||IBPS PO Exam|
Candidates must develop effective strategies for the IBPS RRB Exam as it offers a gateway to an enriching career in the field of banking. It should be supplemented with BYJU’S well-researched and curated study material aimed to increase the chances of success for a banking aspirant.
Candidates preparing for the upcoming IBPS RRB exams can solve IBPS RRB Previous year question papers to know more about the exam pattern and the standard of questions asked in the exam.
Frequently Asked Questions IBPS RRB Exam
Q 1. What is the IBPS RRB Exam?
Q 2. What is the salary structure under IBPS RRB?
Q 3.What are the important dates for the IBPS RRB exam 2021?
Q 4. Is the IBPS RRB exam tough?
Q 5. How many banks participate in the IBPS RRB exam?
Q 6. What is the IBPS RRB Application fee?
Ans. The IBPS RRB application fee for different categories is given below:
- Reserved Category – Rs.175/-
- Unreserved Category – Rs.850/-