The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts the IBPS RRB Exam to recruit officers who will head the various Regional Rural Banks (RRB) in India. The recruitment is done at two levels. They are as follows:
- Group A Officers: Scale-I(Assistant Manager), Scale-II(Manager), Scale-III(Senior Manager)
- Group B Office Assistants: Multipurpose Office Assistants
Latest Update: IBPS RRB Exam Dates released on August 10, 2020. Check the detailed exam schedule for the Officer and Office Assistant Posts at the IBPS RRB Exam Dates page.
IBPS, on June 30, 2020 has released the official IBPS RRB notification 2020 for the post of Officers Scale I, II & III and Officer Assistants. Candidates can check the important exam dates, vacancy details and other recruitment information at the IBPS RRB Notification page and download the official notification 2020 PDF:
|Preparing for the upcoming IBPS RRB exam 2020??
Test your preparation with the Free IBPS RRB Mock Test now!
Also, refer to the links given below and ace the IBPS RRB PO, SO & Clerk exam 2020:
IBPS released the provisional list of shortlisted candidates for Officer Scale I, II & III post and Office Assistant (Multipurpose) on February 26, 2020. Candidates can check the IBPS RRB Result at the linked article.
In rural and semi-urban areas, regular banks may not be able to provide a full range of service. This is where Regional Rural Banks step in to fill in the void. In this article, we’ll take you through IBPS RRB Exam 2020 Notification, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Exam Dates and lots more.
If you want to know more about the other exams conducted by the IBPS, then visit the linked article
Table of Contents:
- IBPS RRB Notification
- IBPS RRB Eligibility
- IBPS RRB Exam Pattern
- IBPS RRB Syllabus
- IBPS RRB Apply Online
- IBPS RRB Clerk
- IBPS RRB PO
- IBPS RRB Exam Date
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has released the notification for IBPS RRB recruitment 2020 on June 30, 2020.
For 2020, IBPS has released a total of 9698 vacancies to appoint candidates to various Officer and Office Assistant posts. There has been an increase in the number of vacancies released from the previous year as in 2019, IBPS had announced a total 8850 vacancies for both Group A Officers and Group B Office Assistants combined. The online registration for the 2020 recruitment was completed by July 21, 2020. Candidates can visit the official IBPS website (https://www.ibps.in/) to register for the exam.
The IBPS calendar 2020 has been released and candidates can check all the important IBPS exam dates at the linked article.
IBPS RRB Exam Date
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has released the exam dates for IBPS RRB Exam 2019.
The official notification for the IBPS RRB exam has been released and there has been a slight change in the exam schedule from the one mentioned in the official IBPS Calendar 2020-21 so candidates can refer to the below-mentioned schedule for the IBPS RRB 2020 exam:
|IBPS RRB Exam 2020|
|Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Official Notification||June 30, 2020|
|Prelims Exam||September 12, 2020
September 13, 2020
September 19, 2020
September 20, 2020
September 26, 2020
|Single Exam||October 18, 2020|
|Prelims Result||October 2020 (Tentative)|
|Mains Exam||Officer Scale I: October 18, 2020
Office Assistant: October 31, 2020
|Mains Result||October/ November 2020 (Tentative)|
|Provisional Allotment||January 2021|
The above-mentioned dates are based on the official announcement made by the conducting body in the notification released by them.
According to the exam calendar, the Exams are scheduled to begin from August with the final result scheduled to be published in January 2021. The details of the IBPS RRB Exam Date are given below:
|Notification||IBPS RRB Recruitment 2019|
|Recruiting Organization||IBPS RRB|
|Job Category||Government Job|
|Post||Officer Scale I, II & III and Office Assistants|
|Exam Dates (Prelims)||Officer Scale- I – August 3rd 2019, August 4th 2019 and August 11 2019
Office Assistant – August 17th 2019, August 18th 2019 and August 25th 2019
|Exam Dates ( Mains)||Officers (I, II & III) – September 22nd 2019
Office Assistant – September 29th 2019
|Result Declared||January 1, 2020|
|Provisional Allotment (For Officers Scale I, II and III & Office Assistant.) (Multipurpose)||January 2020|
*Note: Candidates must keep in mind that there is no preliminary examination for Officers Scale II and III but a single level examination followed by an interview upon passing.
Candidates willing to apply for the upcoming IBPS RRB exams can get the detailed bank exam syllabus at the liked article.
IBPS RRB Participating Organisations
The IBPS RRB exam is conducted to recruit Officers and Office Assistant to the different Gramin Banks of the country. Given below is the list of participating Gramin Banks:
|Regional Rural Banks|
|Allahabad UP Gramin Bank
|Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas Bank
|Andhra Pragathi Grameena Bank
|Mizoram Rural Bank
|Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank
|Assam Gramin Vikash Bank
|Bangiya Gramin Vikash Bank
|Nagaland Rural Bank
|Baroda Gujarat Gramin Bank
|Baroda Rajasthan Kshetriya Gramin
|Baroda UP Gramin Bank
|Narmada Jhabua Gramin Bank
|Bihar Gramin Bank
|Central Madhya Pradesh Gramin Bank
|Chaitanya Godavari Grameena Bank
|Odisha Gramya Bank
|Chhattisgarh Rajya Gramin Bank
|Dena Gujarat Gramin Bank
|Ellaquai Dehati Bank
(Jammu & Kashmir)
|Pallavan Grama Bank
|Gramin Bank of Aryavart
|Himachal Pradesh Gramin Bank
|J & K Grameen Bank
(Jammu & Kashmir)
|Pandyan Grama Bank
|Jharkhand Gramin Bank
|Karnataka Vikas Grameen Bank
|KashiGomtiSamyut Gramin Bank
|Paschim Banga Gramin Bank
|Kaveri Grameena Bank
|Kerala Gramin Bank
|Langpi Dehangi Rural Bank
|Pragathi Krishna Gramin Bank
|Madhya Bihar Gramin Bank
|Madhyanchal Gramin Bank
|Maharashtra Gramin Bank
|Malwa Gramin Bank
|Manipur Rural Bank
|Meghalaya Rural Bank
|Puduvai Bharthiar Grama Bank
|Punjab Gramin Bank
|Rajasthan Marudhara Gramin Bank
|Saptagiri Grameena Bank
|Sarva Haryana Gramin Bank
|Sarva UP Gramin Bank
|Saurashtra Gramin Bank
|Sutlej Gramin Bank
|Telangana Grameena Bank
|Tripura Gramin Bank
|UtkalGrameen Bank (Odisha)||Uttarbanga Kshetriya Gramin Bank
|Uttar Bihar Gramin Bank (Bihar)||Uttarakhand Gramin Bank
|Vananchal Gramin Bank
|Vidharbha Konkan Gramin Bank
IBPS RRB Eligibility
The candidates attempting the IBPS RRB Exam this year must understand the eligibility criteria to the fullest. There are three criteria for the IBPS RRB Exam. They are as follows:
- Nationality / Citizenship: Candidates must be nationals of India, Nepal, Bhutan.
- Age: The minimum age limit for Officer Scale I & II is 21 years and for Officer Scale III and Officer Assistants is 18 years. Candidates can check the detailed upper and lower age limit criteria at the IBPS RRB Eligibility page
- Education and Experience: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university and for certain posts, the relevant experience as prescribed by the IBPS.
IBPS RRB Exam Pattern
The IBPS RRB Exam Pattern consists of :
- Prelims Examination
- Mains Examination
- Interview Phase
*Note: The interview phase in not applicable to those candidates who are applying for the post of Office Assistant. It is applicable only for the posts of Officers Scale – I, II & III.
IBPS RRB Syllabus
The IBPS RRB Syllabus covers a wide range of topics on a variety of subjects topics for IBPS RRB Syllabus may vary depending on the specialisation of Officers Scale – II. The major topics covered in the Prelims are as follows:
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
The entire paper consists of 80 marks, which needs to be completed in a time span of 45 minutes.
The IBPS RRB Mains Syllabus is as follows:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- English / Hindi Language
- Financial Knowledge
- General Awareness
- Computer Knowledge
The mains exam constitutes a total of 200 marks for which the duration is of about 120 minutes in total
For more detailed information on IBPS RRB Syllabus, candidates can visit the linked page.
IBPS RRB Apply Online
To register for the IBPS RRB Exam, candidates must visit the official IBPS website to fill the application form.
The steps for IBPS RRB registration is as follows:
- Step 1 – Visit the official IBPS website
- Step 2 – Register using your mobile number and email id
- Step 3 – Login using your registration id, which will be generated after you register with your mobile number and email id
- Step 4 – Fill all the basic details like name, address, etc.
- Step 5 – Upload necessary documents like photographs, signature.
- Step 6 – Before clicking on the ‘submit’ button, review the application form to make sure that all the data entered are correct and free of any errors.
- Step 7 – Select your mode of payment for the payment of the application fee and fill in the details. The registration process will be completed.
Candidates awaiting the IBPS RRB notification 2020 must note that they can know more about the IBPS RRB Online application process at the linked article.
IBPS RRB Admit Card
The facility to download the IBPS RRB Admit Card will be made available on the official IBPS website at least one week before the exam. Candidates are advised to visit the official website to download their admit cards.
Steps to download IBPS RRB Admit Card
- Visit the IBPS website (www.ibps.in).
- Enter your login credentials. You can choose to enter it in either English or Hindi.
- Enter the Registration Number that you have received at the time of application.
- You will then be redirected to a page where you should click on the option – “Download Call Letter”
- Enter your date of birth in the format prescribed or your password as received by you at the time of application
- Once submitted, your IBPS RRB card will be displayed on the screen. Make sure to download your Call Letter well in advance to avoid any technical glitches
- You can download your IBPS RRB Admit Card and take a printout. Try to keep a few more copies for future use.
This year, a few key instructions have been added for candidates to follow at the exam centre. To get more information regarding the same, candidates can visit the IBPS RRB Admit Card page.
IBPS RRB Clerk
The IBPS RRB Clerk position is also known as Office Assistant. The post serves as a helping hand to the various functions of an RRB. One can safely say that this is the starting point of a candidate’s future career in banking.
The roles and responsibilities of an IBPS RRB Clerk are as follows:
- Handling receipts: Receiving and acknowledging cash, drafts, pay orders and other instruments.
- Handling withdrawal: Passing and paying out cash payment of withdrawals for drafts, cheques etc.
- Handling emails and delivery: Acknowledging inward emails, preparing outward emails and managing the delivery of cheque books.
Usually the training or probationary period of an IBPS RRB Clerk is of 6 months to 1 year. During this time period candidates will get knowledge of various functions of the bank they are posted, along with getting a strong sense of familiarity of the kind of work they will be doing.
To know more about the IBPS RRB Clerk Exam, visit the linked article.
IBPS RRB PO
The IBPS recruits potential candidates who will form the backbone of the participating RRBs across the country. They will have the designation of PO (Probationary Officer) otherwise also known as Officer Scale I, II & III respectively.
The roles and responsibilities of the IBPS RRB PO are as follows:
- Regular Banking Activities: The RRB PO has to perform all the activities that a commercial bank officer performs on a daily basis. The officer will be involved in handling the books of the banks, helping with customer queries, manage cash book etc.
- Granting Loans: The main duty of the RRB PO is to ensure that the credit facility is available in rural areas. The RRB PO grants specialised loans like the agriculture loan to farmers after evaluating their papers and documents.
- Maintaining Credit Profile: Along with the distribution of loan the PO has to keep a watch on the very same loans as most of them might turn into NPA or Non-Performing Assets if not monitored properly. Thus it is the duty of the RRB PO to regularly monitor the capacity of the borrower to pay back the loan.
- Recovery of the Loan: In case a borrower has failed to repay the loan, it falls on the RRB PO to recover it. One of the methods in recovering an unrepaid loan is by mortgaging the property of the borrower.
- Implementation of Schemes: The RRB PO is in charge of implementing the various schemes devised by the Government of India. These schemes are designed for the upliftment of rural areas and thus it is the responsibility of the RRB PO to implement them in the areas under his/her administration.
To know more about the IBPS RRB PO Exam, visit the linked article
|Government Exams||IBPS RRB PO Prelims Exam Analysis||Bank Exam Preparation|
|IBPS Clerk Exam||RBI Officer Grade B Exam||IBPS PO Exam|
To know more in detail about the IBPS RRB Exam Date, visit the linked article.
Candidates must develop effective strategies for the IBPS RRB Exam as it offers a gateway to an enriching career in the field of banking. It should be supplemented with BYJU’S well-researched and curated study material aimed to increase the chances of success for a banking aspirant.
Candidates preparing for the upcoming IBPS RRB exams can solve IBPS RRB Previous year question papers to know more about the exam pattern and the standard of questions asked in the exam.
Frequently Asked Questions IBPS RRB Exam
Q 1. What is the IBPS RRB Exam?
Q 2. What is the salary structure under IBPS RRB?
Q 3.What are the important dates for the IBPS RRB exam 2020?
Q 4. Is the IBPS RRB exam tough?
Q 5. How many banks participate in the IBPS RRB exam?
Q 6. What is the IBPS RRB Application fee?
Ans. The IBPS RRB application fee for different categories is given below:
- Reserved Category – Rs.175/-
- Unreserved Category – Rs.850/-