The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts the IBPS RRB Exam to recruit officers who will head the various Regional Rural Banks (RRB) across the country. The recruitment is done at two levels. They are as follows:
- Group A Officers: Scale-I(Assistant Manager), Scale-II(Manager), Scale-III(Senior Manager)
- Group B Office Assistants: Multipurpose Office Assistants
In rural and semi-urban areas, regular banks may not be able to provide a full range of service. This is where Regional Rural Banks step in to fill in the void. In this article, we’ll take you through IBPS RRB Exam 2019 Notification, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Exam Dates and lots more.
If you want to know more about the other exams conducted by the IBPS, then visit the linked article
Table of Contents:
- IBPS RRB Notification
- IBPS RRB Eligibility
- IBPS RRB Exam Pattern
- IBPS RRB Syllabus
- IBPS RRB Apply Online
- IBPS RRB Clerk
- IBPS RRB PO
- IBPS RRB Exam Date
IBPS RRB Notification 2019
The IBPS has announced a total 8850 vacancies for both Group A Officers and Group B Office Assistants combined as per the latest notification released on June 18th 2019. The applications for IBPS RRB Exam began on June 18th 2019 and will continue until July 2019. Candidates can visit the official IBPS website (www.ipbs.in) to register for the exam.
For more detailed information on the IBPS RRB Notification, you can visit the linked article
IBPS RRB Eligibility
The candidates attempting the IBPS RRB Exam this year must understand the eligibility criteria to the fullest. There are three criteria for the IBPS RRB Exam. They are as follows:
- Nationality / Citizenship: Candidates must be nationals of India, Nepal, Bhutan.
- Age: Candidates must be between the age group of 18 years to 40 years.
- Education and Experience: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university and for certain posts, the relevant experience as prescribed by the IBPS.
To know more in detail about the IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria, candidates can check the linked article.
IBPS RRB Exam Pattern
The IBPS RRB Exam Pattern consists of :
- Prelims Examination
- Mains Examination
- Interview Phase
*Note: The interview phase in not applicable to those candidates who are applying for the post of Office Assistant. It is applicable only for the posts of Officers Scale – I, II & III.
IBPS RRB Syllabus
The IBPS RRB Syllabus covers a wide range of topics on a variety of subjects topics for IBPS RRB Syllabus may vary depending on the specialisation of Officers Scale – II. The major topics covered in the Prelims are as follows:
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
The entire paper consists of 80 marks, which needs to be completed in a time span of 80 minutes.
The IBPS RRB Mains Syllabus is as follows:
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- English / Hindi Language
- Financial Knowledge
- General Awareness
- Computer Knowledge
The mains exam constitutes a total of 200 marks for which the duration is of about 120 minutes in total
For more detailed information on IBPS RRB Syllabus, candidates can visit the linked page.
IBPS RRB Apply Online
To register for the IBPS RRB Exam 2019, candidates must visit the official IBPS website to fill the application form.
The steps for IBPS RRB registration is as follows:
- Step 1 – Visit the official IBPS website
- Step 2 – Register using your mobile number and email id
- Step 3 – Login using your registration id, which will be generated after you register with your mobile number and email id
- Step 4 – Fill all the basic details like name, address, etc.
- Step 5 – Upload necessary documents like photographs, signature.
- Step 6 – Before clicking on the ‘submit’ button, review the application form to make sure that all the data entered are correct and free of any errors.
- Step 7 – Select your mode of payment for the payment of the application fee and fill in the details. The registration process will be completed.
IBPS RRB Admit Card
The facility to download the IBPS RRB Admit Card will be made available on the official IBPS website at least one week before the exam. Candidates are advised to visit the official website to download their admit cards.
Steps to download IBPS RRB Admit Card
- Visit the IBPS website (www.ibps.in).
- Enter your login credentials. You can choose to enter it in either English or Hindi.
- Enter the Registration Number that you have received at the time of application.
- You will then be redirected to a page where you should click on the option – “Download Call Letter”
- Enter your date of birth in the format prescribed or your password as received by you at the time of application
- Once submitted, your IBPS RRB card will be displayed on the screen. Make sure to download your Call Letter well in advance to avoid any technical glitches
- You can download your IBPS RRB Admit Card and take a printout. Try to keep a few more copies for future use.
To get more information regarding IBPS RRB Admit Card, visit the linked article.
IBPS RRB Clerk
The IBPS RRB Clerk position is also known as Office Assistant. The post serves as a helping hand to the various functions of an RRB. One can safely say that this is the starting point of a candidate’s future career in banking.
The roles and responsibilities of an IBPS RRB Clerk are as follows:
- Handling receipts: Receiving and acknowledging cash, drafts, pay orders and other instruments.
- Handling withdrawal: Passing and paying out cash payment of withdrawals for drafts, cheques etc.
- Handling emails and delivery: Acknowledging inward emails, preparing outward emails and managing the delivery of cheque books.
Usually the training or probationary period of an IBPS RRB Clerk is of 6 months to 1 year. During this time period candidates will get knowledge of various functions of the bank they are posted, along with getting a strong sense of familiarity of the kind of work they will be doing.
To know more about the IBPS RRB Clerk Exam, visit the linked article.
IBPS RRB PO
The IBPS recruits potential candidates who will form the backbone of the participating RRBs across the country. They will have the designation of PO (Probationary Officer) otherwise also known as Officer Scale I, II & III respectively.
The roles and responsibilities of the IBPS RRB PO are as follows:
- Regular Banking Activities: The RRB PO has to perform all the activities that a commercial bank officer performs on a daily basis. The officer will be involved in handling the books of the banks, helping with customer queries, manage cash book etc.
- Granting Loans: The main duty of the RRB PO is to ensure that the credit facility is available in rural areas. The RRB PO grants specialised loans like the agriculture loan to farmers after evaluating their papers and documents.
- Maintaining Credit Profile: Along with the distribution of loan the PO has to keep a watch on the very same loans as most of them might turn into NPA or Non-Performing Assets if not monitored properly. Thus it is the duty of the RRB PO to regularly monitor the capacity of the borrower to pay back the loan.
- Recovery of the Loan: In case a borrower has failed to repay the loan, it falls on the RRB PO to recover it. One of the methods in recovering an unrepaid loan is by mortgaging the property of the borrower.
- Implementation of Schemes: The RRB PO is in charge of implementing the various schemes devised by the Government of India. These schemes are designed for the upliftment of rural areas and thus it is the responsibility of the RRB PO to implement them in the areas under his/her administration.
To know more about the IBPS RRB PO Exam, visit the linked article
|Government Exams||Bank Exam||Bank Exam Preparation|
|IBPS Clerk Exam||RBI Officer Grade B Exam||IBPS PO Exam|
IBPS RRB Exam Date
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has released the exam dates for IBPS RRB Exam 2019. According to the exam calendar, the Exams are scheduled to begin from August with the final result scheduled to be published in January 2020. The details of the IBPS RRB Exam Date are given below:
|Notification||IBPS RRB Recruitment 2019|
|Recruiting Organization||IBPS RRB|
|Job Category||Government Job|
|Post||Officer Scale I, II & III and Office Assistants|
|Exam Dates (Prelims)||Officer Scale- I – August 3rd 2019, August 4th 2019 and August 11 2019
Office Assistant – August 17th 2019, August 18th 2019 and August 25th 2019
|Exam Dates ( Mains)||Officers (I, II & III) – September 22nd 2019
Office Assistant – September 29th 2019
|Provisional Allotment (For Officers Scale I, II and III & Office Assistant.) (Multipurpose)||January 2020|
*Note: Candidates must keep in mind that there is no preliminary examination for Officers Scale II and III but a single level examination followed by an interview upon passing.
To know more in detail about the IBPS RRB Exam Date, visit the linked article.
Candidates must develop effective strategies for the IBPS RRB Exam as it offers a gateway to an enriching career in the field of banking. It should be supplemented with BYJU’S well-researched and curated study material aimed to increase the chances of success for a banking aspirant.