This is an exam held to recruit individuals for Probationary Officer (PO) in nationalized banks of India. The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts a Common Written Examination (CWE) on behalf of various nationalized banks (see list below). The IBPS PO CWE is now held online. As a prerequisite for selection of Probationary Officers, the exam is conducted on three levels i.e. the Preliminary, the Mains and the interview. The availability of online application form will begin in the month of July, 2017. The 2 levels of exams would be conducted on October 7,8,14 & 15(Preliminary) and November 26(Mains) followed by an interview for the qualified students.
List of Banks Participating in IBPS PO 2017
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Bharatiya Mahila Bank
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank
- EXIM Bank
- IDBI Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab National Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- UCO Bank
- Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
- Any other bank of Financial Institution
Eligibility Criteria for IBPS PO 2017:
The candidates wishing to apply for IBPS PO 2017 must be fulfilling the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must have a Bachelors (graduation) degree from a university recognized by The Govt. of India.
- The candidate should have university valid mark sheets and certificates of the graduation on the day the candidate registers and should provide the percentage of marks obtained during graduation while registering online.
- Applicant must have knowledge of computers as all bank procedures are performed on the computer. Candidate should have a degree or a diploma in computer education or must have computer education as one of the subjects at high school level.
- IBPS demands proficiency in the official language of state or Union Territory in which the candidate wishes to apply for.
Age Limit For The Applying Candidate:
- Minimum: 20 years
- Maximum: 30 years
The candidate must be between 20-30 years old on 1st of July 2017.
Also, candidates who are not born before 02 July 1987 and not after 01 July 1997 (excluding the dates), are eligible.
Age Relaxation for the following categories:
|Sr. no||Category||Age Relaxation|
|1||Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||5 years|
|2||Other Backward Classes(Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|3||Persons With Disabilities||10 years|
|4||Ex-servicemen, commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years in military services and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service or invalidment.||5 years|
|5||Persons ordinarily domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 01 January 1980 to 31 December 1989||5 years|
|6||People affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
The candidate applying for IBPS bank PO must be either a:
- Indian citizen, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan
Please note: if a person is not the citizen of India but has a signified consent in writing from central Govt. can be appointed or employed under these rules.
- Candidate applying for IBPS PO Examination is not provided with the option for offline mode of fee submission viz. pay by cash.
- Candidate can submit fee through online mode and gets various options for online payment such as credit card, debit card, internet banking, Paytm etc.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST category and candidates who are physically handicapped pay Rs. 100 as examination fee
- 600 taken from remaining category candidates.
Instructions for filling online application form:
The IBPS PO online application process is very simple and eliminates the possibility of any kind of mistakes from the side of the candidate. Yet candidates are advised to read the notification carefully to avoid any mistake while filling the information in the application form.
The essential information regarding IBPS application form for Probationary Officers are as follows:
- The candidates are supposed to fill the online application for IBPS Probationary Officer Exam on the official site that is ‘www.ibps.in’
- Once the link opens in a web browser then click on the link of ‘new registration’
- The above link will open the online application form for the PO examination that the candidates need to fill.
- The candidates are supposed to enter their personal information i.e. candidate name, candidate’s father name, date of birth etc also they must add their contact information such as their address, phone number with area code or mobile number and as the process is online they are supposed to give their email ID to get further updates regarding the exam.
- The candidates need to have a scanned copy of their photo and signature as that needs to be uploaded in the application form. SIGNATURE IN CAPITAL LETTERS IS NOT ACCEPTED.
- The size of both photograph and signature must be under 20kb.
IBPS PO Exam 2017- Important Dates:
|1||Online registration process will be held||July to August 2017|
|2||Application fee payment||July to August 2017|
|3||Call letters to be downloaded for pre-examination Training||September 2017|
|4||Pre-exam training date||September 2017|
|5||Call letters for IBPS PO 2017 Preliminary exam can be downloaded||September 2017|
|6||IBPS PO Preliminary date||October 7,8,14 and 15 2017|
|7||Date of Declaration of Result for Preliminary Examination||October 2017|
|8||Call letters for IBPS PO 2016 (Main Exam) can be downloaded||October 2017|
|9||Date of IBPS PO 2016 (Main Exam)||November 26, 2017|
|10||Date of announcement of result for IBPS PO 2017 (Main Exam)||November 2017|
|11||Call letters for Interview can be downloaded||December 2017|
|12||Interview will be conducted on||January 2018|
|13||Provisional allotment will be done||April 20118|
Exam Centers For Prelims And Mains:
- IBPS exam is conducted in online mode at various exam centers located all over the country.
- Candidates aren’t permitted to make any request for change of exam centre.
- IPBS has the authority to add or cancel any exam centre.
- IBPS also has the authority to allot the candidate any exam centre apart from the one the candidate chose.
Call letters of the candidates are available for the download on official portal of the respective authority.
Visit Byju’s to get detailed information about the different bank exams. Byju’s also acquaint the aspirants with the latest syllabus and pattern along with different preparation tips. Aspiring candidates can also get the previous year question papers for all the bank exams so as to be better prepared for the exams.