The IBPS PO Exam is conducted every year by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection.
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) provides recruitment and training services to a common standard for public sector banks (PSB).
- The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has released the IBPS PO Exam 2022 notification on the official website on 1st August 2022. Candidates awaiting the IBPS PO Notification for this year can now fill the application forms for the same. Last date to fill the IBPSC PO exam application form is August 22, 2022.
- The Admit Card for the IBPS Probationary Officer mains examination has been released on January 10, 2022. The Mains Exam will take place on January 22, 2022
- On January 5, 2022, the Institute had released the result for the Probationary Officer preliminary examination. Candidates who had appeared for the exam held on December 4th and 11th can visit the IBPS PO Result page and get the direct link to check the result status.
This IBPS PO exam enables the recruitment of Probationary Officers for all the member PSBs as well as a few public sector insurance companies.
In this article, we will discuss the key features of the IBPS PO exam.
Table of Contents:
- IBPS PO Notification
- IBPS PO Apply Online
- IBPS PO Exam Date
- IBPS PO Exam Pattern
- IBPS PO Syllabus
- IBPS PO Admit Card
- IBPS PO Result
For more details on Upcoming bank exams, refer to the linked article.
For detailed information on various Government exams, refer to the linked article.
IBPS aspirants must also read about the National Recruitment Agency (NRA) at the linked article. The Organisation has been approved by the Union Cabinet to conduct a Common Eligibility Test for Non-Technical and Non-Gazetted posts under SSC, RRB and IBPS.
IBPS PO Notification
The notification for IBPS PO 2022 is made available on the official website from August 1st, 2022. As per the IBPS Calendar 2022-23, the prelims exam for IBPS PO 2022-23 will be conducted on 15th, 16th and 22nd October 2022 and mains will be conducted on 26th November 2022.
Candidates can download the IBPS PO notification PDF 2022 below:
The IBPS PO notification 2021 was released on October 19, 2021, and last year it was released on August 4, 2020. Recruitment details regarding the Probationary Officer exam are released in the official notification.
Candidates can download the IBPS PO notification PDF 2021 below:
|Preparing for the IBPS PO 2021 Exam??
Test Your Preparation Now with the Free Online IBPS PO Mock Test Series.
Also, refer to the links given below and ace the upcoming IBPS PO 2021 exam:
IBPS PO Apply Online
The application process for IBPS PO is entirely online. Candidates can register for the exam from the official website.
The following fees have to be paid by the aspirants for completing their IBPS PO exam online application:
|IBPS PO online application Category||IBPS PO Online Application Fees|
The IBPS PO admit card is issued to candidates who fulfil all the PO eligibility criteria and have paid the registration fees online.
|Important IBPS Exam Related Topics:|
|IBPS PO Eligibility||IBPS Online Registration|
|IBPS PO Books||IBPS Clerk Exam|
|SBI Exam||IBPS PO Preparation|
IBPS PO Exam Date
The Officer cadre exam dates are mentioned in the IBPS PO notification released by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection.
Given below are the tentative exam dates as per the official notification released by the conducting body:
|IBPS PO 2022 Exam|
|IBPS PO Apply Online||August 2nd to August 22 , 2022|
|IBPS PO Prelims Exam||15th, 16th and 22nd October 2022 (Tentative)|
|IBPS PO Mains Exam||26th November 2022 (Tentative)|
Given below are the tentative exam dates as per the official calendar released by the conducting body:
|IBPS PO 2021 Exam|
|IBPS PO Apply Online||October 20 to November 10, 2021|
|IBPS PO Prelims Exam||December 4, 2021
December 11, 2021
|IBPS PO Mains Exam||January 2022|
The official calendar with the important dates for the 2022 recruitment process has already been released. To check the exam schedule, aspirants can visit the IBPS exam dates page.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern
No change has been made in the IBPS PO exam pattern for the 2022 recruitment. The exam pattern comprises three stages, which are:
IBPS PO Preliminary Exam:
Also known as the CWE PO/MT Prelims, it consists of an online objective test consisting of three sections.
Each section mentioned in the Prelims Exam Pattern is allotted 20 minutes, and the total duration is 1 hour.
The IBPS PO Exam Pattern is given below:
|Section||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted||Time Allotted|
|English Language||30||30||20 min|
|Numerical Ability||35||35||20 min|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 min|
IBPS PO Exam Pattern for Prelims- Salient Points
- The total marks for this paper are 100.
- There is negative marking for each wrong answer.
- The penalty for each incorrect answer is 1/4th of the marks allotted to that question.
- Based on the result of the prelims, candidates clearing the declared cutoff are invited to appear in the next stage, the Main exam.
IBPS PO Main Exam Pattern:
The IBPS PO Mains exam pattern consists of one objective type and one descriptive paper.
The examination is conducted online for a total duration of 3 hours and 30 minutes.
The PO Mains Exam Pattern as follows:
|Paper||Section||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted||Time Allotted|
|Objective Test||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 min|
|English Language||35||40||40 min|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 min|
|General Awareness, Economy & Banking Awareness||40||40||35 min|
|Descriptive Test||English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||30 min|
IBPS PO Exam Pattern for Mains- Salient Points
- To be able to move on to the next stage of the exam, candidates have to score above the Bank PO cutoff declared by the Institute as well as the sectional cutoffs.
- The marks are not intimated to successful candidates before the interview.
For complete details on IBPS PO Exam Pattern, refer to the linked article.
The respective banks conduct the IBPS interview based on the results of the Mains examination. Usually, the interview lasts for a minimum of 15-20 minutes, and the panel consists of Bank officials.
Questions can be asked from Current affairs, banking awareness and about the candidates themselves.
The IBPS PO interview is allotted a total of 100 marks.
Supporting documents such as educational certificates, identity documents and certificates of achievement are also checked during the Bank PO interview.
IBPS PO Syllabus
It is the conducting body which is responsible for setting the Bank PO syllabus.
The IBPS PO syllabus is almost similar to the outline course for other major bank exams.
It can be divided into two parts based on the exam pattern:
- IBPS PO Prelims Syllabus
- IBPS PO Mains Syllabus
IBPS PO Prelims Syllabus
The following table gives the breakup of the IBPS PO Prelims syllabus for 2021
|Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language|
|Logical Reasoning||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Alphanumeric Series||Profit & Loss||Cloze Test|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Mixtures & Alligations||Para jumbles|
|Data Sufficiency||Simple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & Indices||Multiple Meaning / Error Spotting|
|Coded Inequalities||Work & Time||Fill in the blanks|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Miscellaneous|
|Puzzle||Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere||Paragraph Completion|
|Syllogism||Ratio & Proportion, Percentage|
|Blood Relations||Number Systems|
|Input-Output||Sequence & Series|
|Coding-Decoding||Permutation, Combination & Probability|
IBPS PO Mains Syllabus
The IBPS PO Mains syllabus is quite similar to the Prelims syllabus except for few topics.
The main topics covered in the Bank PO mains are as follows:
|Quantitative Aptitude||General Awareness||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||English Language|
|Simplification||Financial Awareness||Verbal Reasoning||Reading Comprehension|
|Percentage||General Knowledge||Circular Seating Arrangement||Grammar|
|Ratio and Percentage||Linear Seating Arrangement||Verbal Ability|
|Data Interpretation||Double Lineup|
|Mensuration and Geometry||Scheduling|
|Problems of Ages||Directions and Distances|
|Profit and Loss||Ordering and Ranking|
|Number Series||Data Sufficiency|
|Speed, Distance and Time||Coding and Decoding|
|Time and Work||Code Inequalities|
|Linear Equation||Keyboard Shortcuts|
|Permutation and Combination||Computer Abbreviation|
|And Probability||Microsoft Office|
|Mixture and Allegations||Computer Hardware|
|Computer Fundamentals /Terminologies|
For detailed section-wise bank exam syllabus, candidates can visit the linked article.
IBPS PO Admit Card
IBPS PO Admit Card for Prelims Exam is issued to candidates who have completed their application process successfully and the Mains Admit Card to candidates who have passed the first stage of the IBPS PO Exam. i.e. Preliminary exam.
Similarly, the Call Letter for the IBPS Interview Process will be issued to those candidates who will successfully clear the Mains Exam.
For details on the IBPS PO Admit Card, refer to the linked article.
IBPS PO Result
The final IBPS PO result for 2020-21 recruitment was released on April 1, 2021, on the official IBPS website.
It is one of the most competitive examinations in the country, and the result is declared after preparing a merit list of all the qualified candidates and is issued as a list of candidates given provisional allotment.
First, a scorecard is released, followed by the Provisional allotment details of shortlisted candidates.
Candidates who are willing to fill in the IBPS PO 2021 application form can also refer to the following links and understand the standard of exam and the exact exam pattern:
The Institute conducts IBPS PO mock tests to enable aspirants to get an idea of the examination.
However, candidates should do proper preparation using other relevant study material than that available on the official website.
This would ensure that the chances of success are high and the candidates come out of the IBPS PO exam process as a banker.
IBPS Cutoff Score
The relevant details related to the IBPS PO cutoff score for the Exam is as follows:
- Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum cutoff score in each test of IBPS Mains examination online and also a minimum total score to be considered to be shortlisted for an interview.
- Depending on the number of vacancies available, IBPS PO cutoffs will be decided, and candidates will be shortlisted for interview.
- Before the completion of the IBPS interview process, scores obtained in the online Mains examination will not be shared with the candidates shortlisted for interview.
Candidates can know the section-wise and category-wise previous year IBPS PO cut off marks at the linked article.
IBPS PO Exam Centre
The essential details related to the IBPS PO Exam Centres are as follows:
- The examination will be conducted online in venues across many centres in India.
- The tentative list of Examination centres for the IBPS Online Preliminary and Mains examination is given in the official notification.
- No request for change of centre for Examination shall be entertained.
- IBPS, however, reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centres or add some other Centres, at its discretion, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc.
- The right to allot the exam centre lies entirely with the conducting body.
- The candidate will appear for the examination at an Examination Centre at his/her own risk and expenses, and IBPS will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature.
- Any unruly behaviour in the examination hall may result in cancellation of candidature/ disqualification from this exam and also from future exams conducted by IBPS.
Frequently Asked Questions on IBPS PO Exam
Q 1. What is IBPS PO salary?
Q 2. What is the full form of IBPS?
Q 3. Which books are recommended for the IBPS PO exam preparation?
Ans. Given below is a list of books that candidates can consider to prepare for the IBPS PO exam:
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive exams by R.S. Agarwal
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Agarwal
- Banking Awareness by Arihant Publications
- Pratiyogita Darpan(monthly edition) for General Awareness
- Data Interpretation by Arun Sharma