The IBPS PO Notification 2020 is released by the conducting body, which is the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS). Candidates willing to apply for the upcoming IBPS PO exam can refer to this article for all the information regarding the IBPS PO notification 2020.
- A supplementary IBPS PO/MT notification released on October 26, 2020. The conducting body has decided to re-open the registration window and hold an additional cycle of Preliminary examination for the post of Probationary Officers.
- Also, the number of vacancies which were initially 1417, has now been increased to 3500+ vacancies. Candidates can download the supplementary notification given below and know all the required eligibility details.
- A revised date for prelims re-exam has also been announced as January 5 or January 6, 2021. Also, the revised date for mains has been announced as February 2, 2021. Candidates can visit the IBPS PO Exam Dates page and get the tentative schedule.
|Table of Contents:|
The conducting body releases the IBPS PO notification for all IBPS exams. The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is the body that is responsible for conducting the IBPS exam for the post of Probationary Officer.
Get updates and latest notifications regarding the Government exams 2020 at the linked article.
Given below are some important details regarding the IBPS PO exam:
|IBPS PO Recruitment|
|Conducting body||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection|
|IBPS PO Notification 2020||Official: August 4, 2020
Supplementary: October 26, 2020
|Job Location||Across India|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
Aspirants with any queries regarding the IBPS notification 2020, can visit the linked article.
The IBPS PO Notification 2020 has been released, and candidates can get all the important information regarding the recruitment at the PDF given below:
|Waiting for IBPS PO Notification 2020??
Skip the wait and solve Free IBPS PO Mock Tests Now!
Also, visit the below-mentioned links and ace the upcoming IBPS PO exam:
IBPS PO Recruitment 2020
The IBPS recruitment is an annually conducted procedure which is held to appoint Probationary Officers in various participating Public Sector Banks under IBPS.
The exam dates for the upcoming recruitment have been released along with the official notification released on August 4, 2020. The list of participating bodies, salary, probation, selection process, etc. are mentioned in the notification.
Aspirants must keep in mind that the IBPS PO recruitment is a 6 to 7 months procedure and the Commission ensures that all fair and just measures are taken to conduct the exam every year.
IBPS PO Exam Dates
The IBPS calendar 2020-21 has been released with the exam dates for different IBPS exams scheduled to be conducted in 2020. Candidates can check the IBPS exam dates at the linked article.
The IBPS PO exam is conducted in three stages. This includes:
The IBPS PO notification 2020 has been released. Given below is the tentative schedule for the IBPS PO exam 2020 as per the official notification:
|IBPS PO Recruitment 2020|
|IBPS PO Events||Important Dates|
|IBPS PO Notification||August 4, 2020|
|IBPS PO Notification [Supplementary]||October 26, 2020|
|IBPS PO Prelims Admit Card||September 22, 2020|
|IBPS PO Prelims Exam||October 3rd, 10th & 11th, 2020|
|IBPS PO Mains Admit Card||January 2021|
|IBPS PO Mains Exam||February 2, 2021|
For information related to the IBPS Apply Online, candidates can visit the linked article.
The last IBPS recruitment was conducted for the year 2019-20. The IBPS PO Notification 2019-20 was released on August 7, 2019, for recruiting approximately 4252 Probationary Officers in the various participating Organisations.
Candidates can check the IBPS PO exam dates at the linked article and prepare themselves accordingly.
IBPS PO Apply Online
The IBPS PO Apply Online procedure is easy and requires candidates to fill in the application form through online mode only. Given below are the steps that a candidate can follow to apply online for the IBPS PO exam:
- Visit the official website of IBPS
- Fill in all the required fields
- Upload a passport size photo and signature
- Fill in the Application Fee
Once the application fee is paid the online application process for the IBPS PO is also complete.
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria
The IBPS PO notification clearly states a set of eligibility criteria that a candidate needs to fulfil to apply for the exam. Given below is the IBPS PO eligibility criteria as prescribed by IBPS:
- Nationality- Candidate must be a citizen of India, Subject of Nepal or Bhutan or a Tibetan Refugee.
- Age Limit- The upper age limit for the IBPS PO exam is 30 years, and the lower age limit is 20 years. Certain age relaxations are available for candidates belonging to different categories.
- Educational Qualification- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree from any Government recognised University. Final Year students cannot apply for the IBPS PO exam.
Candidates can know the detailed IBPS PO eligibility criteria at the linked article.
IBPS PO Vacancy
The 2019 notification for the recruitment of Probationary Officers released close to 4300 IBPS PO vacancies. Whereas this year comparatively fewer vacancies have been released and participating Public Sector Banks are also less.
As per the IBPS PO notification, 1417 vacancies had been released by the conducting body to appoint Probationary Officers/ Management Trainees, which have now been increased to 3517+ vacancies.
IBPS PO Participating Organisations
The IBPS is a conducting body. The recruitment of Probationary Officers is done for various Participating Organisations. These include several Public Sector Banks. Given below is a list of the participating Organisations:
|Indian Bank||UCO Bank||Bank of Baroda||Bank of India|
|Bank of Maharashtra||Canara Bank||Central Bank of India||Punjab National Bank|
|Punjab & Sind Bank||Union Bank of India||Indian Overseas Bank|
Given below is the detailed vacancy distribution for the IBPS PO exam 2020, as per the updated notification released on October 26, 2020:
IBPS PO Salary
The basic salary for a Probationary Officer recruited under IBPS is Rs. 23,700. After the third increment, the IBPS PO salary is approximately Rs. 42,020.
Apart from this, some various other benefits and perks are provided to a Probationary Officer by IBPS. This includes HRA, medical allowances, travel allowances, etc. To know the detailed IBPS PO salary structure, candidates can visit the linked article.
IBPS PO Syllabus & Exam Pattern
The Institute sets the IBPS PO exam pattern and syllabus, and it reserves the right to change the exam pattern as per its convenience. Given below is the latest IBPS PO exam pattern and syllabus:
|IBPS PO Exam Pattern|
|IBPS PO Exam||Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Preliminary Exam||English Language||30||30 marks|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35 marks|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35 marks|
|Mains Exam||English Language||35||40 marks|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||60 marks|
|Reasoning Ability||45||60 marks|
|General Awareness||40||40 marks|
|Descriptive Paper||2||25 marks|
Candidates can know more about the IBPS PO syllabus and exam pattern at the linked article.
Interested candidates can also check the IBPS PO exam analysis, which may help them prepare better for the exam. Candidates can refer to the below-mentioned links:
IBPS PO Admit Card
The IBPS PO Admit card is released 10 to 15 days before the date of examination, and it comprises information like the examination centre, candidate’s name & address, signature, and candidate’s photograph.
For more information regarding the IBPS PO Admit card or to download the admit card, candidates can visit the linked article.
IBPS PO Result
The IBPS PO result is based on the overall performance of candidates across the country. IBPS declares a sectional and overall cut off and candidates who manage to score the minimum cut off marks qualify for the next stage of the exam.
Candidates can check the IBPS PO result at the linked article.
The IBPS PO result 2019 for the prelims exam was released on November 1, 2019, and for the mains exam was released on January 2, 2020.
IBPS PO Preparation
The banking sector is one of the largest employment generating sectors in the country. And the IBPS PO exam is among the most sought after exams.
To enter the bank industry as a Probationary Officer opens up opportunities for further growth in the Organisation. Thus, the competition for the IBPS PO exam is very tough. Hence candidates need to prepare themselves well for the IBPS PO exam 2020.
Given below are a few IBPS PO preparation tips for the convenience of candidates appearing for the upcoming IBPS PO exam:
- Make sure that you solve the IBPS PO mock test on a regular basis as it will help you apprehend the type of questions asked in the exam.
- Figure out a strategic study plan along with a time table and prepare for the IBPS PO exam 2020.
- Go through the IBPS PO syllabus and exam pattern carefully before starting the IBPS PO preparation.
- Solving the IBPS PO Previous Year question papers is also recommended. This will help candidates understand the exact exam pattern and the standard of the exam.
Candidates who are willing to apply for the upcoming IBPS PO exam can get the IBPS PO Preparation Tips at the linked article.
For more information regarding Bank PO, candidates can visit the linked article.
|IBPS PO Exam Pattern||Bank PO Preparation||IBPS Syllabus|
|IBPS Selection Process||SBI PO Notification||SBI PO|
Frequently Asked Questions on IBPS PO Notification
Q 1. When will the IBPS PO notification 2020 be released?
Q 2. Is there an offline mode to apply for the IBPS PO exam?
Q 3. Which are the best books to prepare for the IBPS PO exam?
Ans. Given below is the list of books which are recommended to prepare for the IBPS PO exam:
- Data Interpretation by Arun Sharma
- Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Agarwal
- A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non-Verbal (English) 1st Edition by B.S Sijwali, Indu Sijwali
- English Grammar by Wren & Martin
- Pratiyogita Darpan (Monthly Edition)
- Banking Awareness by Arihant Publications
Also, for general awareness preparation, candidates are suggested to read the newspaper daily.