The application process for the examinations conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is entirely online. Candidates aspiring to join the banking sector can fill in the IBPS exam form for various posts as and when the conducting body releases the official notifications.
The Institute periodically publishes notifications for IBPS exam for various posts.
Latest Update: IBPS released the official notification for the IBPS Clerk exam 2020-21 on September 1, 2020. The last date to apply for the CRP Clerk X recruitment is September 23, 2020. Interested candidates can visit the IBPS Clerk Apply Online page to know more about the online application and registration process.
In this article, the application process and details related to the IBPS exam form have been discussed in detail for the different IBPS posts. IBPS conducts exams for the following posts:
In this article, we will discuss the IBPS online application process and the documentation that is required for each bank exam.
|Ready To Test How Prepared you are for the upcoming IBPS exams? Attempt the IBPS Online Quiz and analyse your performance now!
Candidates can also refer to the below-mentioned links and strengthen their preparation:
The IBPS apply online process has a few common steps, such as registration and documentation, which are discussed below.
Table of Contents:
- IBPS Online Registration
- IBPS Application Form
- IBPS Apply Online Documentation
- IBPS Apply Online for PO
- IBPS Apply Online for SO
- IBPS Apply Online for Clerk
- IBPS Apply Online for RRB
The official notifications for the IBPS exams 2020 have already started releasing, and candidates who are willing to participate in the IBPS online application procedure can get all the relevant details in this article. Candidates can check the IBPS exam dates & calendar 2020 at the linked article.
Candidates need to fill in the IBPS exam form within the stipulated time of online registration and make sure that no mistake is made while filling in the application form. As any discrepancy in the IBPS exam form may lead to the cancellation of the candidate’s candidature.
For complete details on upcoming bank exams, refer to the linked article.
IBPS Online Registration
The online application process is standard for all exams conducted by the IBPS. This year the IBPS CRP IX is scheduled to be conducted, and the online registration for all the major IBPS posts shall remain the same.
The IBPS Registration procedure is mentioned in this section.
The application process consists of the following steps:
- Filling up of basic details such as name, contact number and email ID.
- Generation of registration ID and password for the IBPS apply online portal.
Though the steps and format of the application form are common for all exams, the online registration links are different as listed below:
- IBPS PO Apply Online: CRP PO/MT is the official terminology for this exam. Candidates applying for the IBPS PO have to navigate through this link.
- IBPS SO Apply Online: Candidates applying for this exam have to register through the IBPS Specialist Officers link on the official website.
- IBPS Clerk Apply Online: Candidates who want to appear for the IBPS clerk exam have to use the CRP Clerical link on the official site to apply for this exam.
- IBPS RRB Apply Online: Candidates willing to join any Regional Rural Bank for the post of Officer or Office Assistant can apply online for the IBPS RRB exam
Candidates must make a note that they can fill in the IBPS exam form only if they satisfy the eligibility criteria as mentioned by the official notification.
Aspirants willing to know more the various IBPS exams can check out the articles given below:
IBPS Application Form
The IBPS application form is released separately for all the four exams conducted by IBPS. The IBPS apply online portal opens once the official notification is released and the important dates regarding the registration process are announced.
Candidates can refer to the below-mentioned steps to fill in the IBPS application form:
- Visit the official website of IBPS (https://www.ibps.in/)
- Multiple important announcements are displayed at the top of the IBPS homepage.
- Click on the post for which you want to apply online.
- The first step is to fill in personal information and contact details. Following which, a unique registration number and password is allocated to every candidate.
- Candidates can continue filling in the form further. The next step is to upload documents, including the photograph and their signature.
Given below are the details to upload a document:
|IBPS Apply Online – Application Documents|
- Next, candidates have to fill in their educational and academic qualifications. Original documents related to the same are checked at the time of Interview.
- In the next part of the application form regarding category, minority, disabilities, etc. are asked.
- Then candidates can review their application form carefully and make the final submission. No changes are allowed to be made once the final submission is made.
- The last part of the IBPS apply online process is filling the application fee. Once the application fee is paid, the form is finally submitted.
- Candidates also have to attach a scanned copy of their thumb impression along with a handwritten declaration in the application form. The application form of any candidate who fails to do so or follows discrepancy shall stand invalid. The handwritten declaration shall state:
I, _______ (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application
form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required.”
Given below is the IBPS application fee for all the posts:
|IBPS Application Fee|
|IBPS PO||IBPS Clerk||IBPS RRB||IBPS SO|
|SC/ST/PWBD||Rs.175/-||Rs. 175/-||Rs. 175||Rs.100/-|
|Other Categories||Rs.850/-||Rs.850/-||Rs. 850||Rs.600/-|
To know the detailed application process for various IBPS exams candidates can refer to the links given below:
IBPS Apply Online Documentation
The documentation part is required after the registration process is done, and the application forms are filled.
The IBPS asks the following documents during the online application process for every exam:
- Passport Size photograph
IBPS publishes guidelines to upload these documents in the exam notification every year. The following are the basic guidelines:
- Photograph and signature image files should be clear.
- No head coverings except religious headgear are allowed for the photograph.
- The photograph should be 4.5 by 3.5 cm or 200 by 230 pixels in the light background and between 20-30 kb in size.
- Signature should be less than 140 by 60 pixels and of 20 kb or less size.
Candidates willing to apply for the upcoming bank exams can check the detailed section-wise bank exam syllabus at the linked article and start their preparation.
Aspirants may have to carry the documents for the Interview, that they have uploaded in the IBPS exam form during the time of registration.
IBPS Apply Online for PO
The IBPS PO online application process is discussed in brief in this section.
The IBPS PO online application process consists of filling the IBPS PO Application form and payment of fees.
The following are the steps in this process:
- IBPS Online registration and generation of ID and password.
- Documents upload for the exam.
- Filling up the educational, professional and candidate category details in the application.
- Selecting the preference order of banks and pre-exam training if applicable.
- Payment of fees through the online portal.
Once this process is complete, the institute releases the PO prelims admit card a few days before the exam. Candidates preparing for IBPS PO exam can check the detailed IBPS PO Syllabus here.
Aspirants who are interested in knowing the salary structure, perks and other benefits provided to a Probationary Officer in the banking industry, can check the Bank PO salary page and get all the recent updates.
IBPS Apply Online for SO
The IBPS SO online application consists of similar steps to the application process for Probationary officers. Aspirants of IBPS So exam must check the detailed IBPS SO Syllabus before filling in the application form.
However, the educational and professional requirements section of the specialist officers application form is more detailed. Make sure that while filling in the IBPS exam form for SO exam, you fill in the correct specialisation for which you wish to apply as no changes can be made in the form once it is submitted.
For more details on the application process for this exam, refer to the IBPS SO Notification.
The online clerk application consists of two parts:
Candidates can apply online for the clerical cadre exam and the registration process for the same is divided into two phases:
- Online registration
- Filling up of the IBPS clerk application form.
The following steps are to be performed in sequence to complete the application form:
- IBPS online registration.
- Upload of photograph and signature for the examination.
- Educational, professional and category details need to be filled in the next page.
- Candidates need to state their preference order for banks and the state/UT they are applying for in the last page of the application form.
- Fees are to be paid online after reviewing the application.
Completing this process allows the institute to process the application and release the IBPS Clerk admit card a few days before the exam. Aspirants of IBPS Clerk exam 2020 can check the detailed IBPS Clerk Syllabus before starting the preparation.
Only the candidates who fulfil the IBPS Clerk eligibility criteria are eligible for the IBPS online application process.
IBPS Apply Online for RRB
The application process for regional rural banks is similar except for a few differences in the sections covering educational and professional details.
Candidates should apply for these exams only after satisfying themselves that they fulfill all the IBPS eligibility conditions. Candidates preparing for IBPS RRB exam 2020 must check IBPS RRB Syllabus given in detail in the linked article.
These conditions are listed in the official bank exam notification published by the institute. IBPS mostly releases the IBPS RRB notification for all major posts together. So candidates must make sure that they fill in the IBPS exam form for the post of their choice.
Candidates can check the IBPS Selection Process to know more about the steps before document verification.
You can follow BYJU’S for the latest updates, notifications and study material for IBPS exams.
|IBPS Notification||IBPS Exam Pattern|
|Bank PO||IBPS Syllabus|
|IBPS Books||Bank Clerk|
|Bank Salary||IBPS PO Result|