The application process for the examinations conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is completely online.
The institute periodically publishes notifications for IBPS exam for various posts.
In this article, we will discuss the IBPS online application process and the documentation that is required for each bank exam.
The IBPS apply online process has a few common steps such as registration and documentation which are discussed below.
For complete details on upcoming bank exams, refer to the linked article.
IBPS Online Registration
The online application process is common for all exams conducted by the IBPS.
The IBPS Registration procedure is mentioned in this section.
The application process consists of the following steps:
- Filling up of basic details such as name, contact number and email ID.
- Generation of registration ID and password for the IBPS apply online portal.
Though the steps and format of the application form are common for all exams, the online registration links are different as listed below:
- IBPS PO Apply Online: CRP PO/MT is the official nomenclature for this exam. Candidates applying for the IBPS PO have to navigate through this link.
- IBPS SO Apply Online: Candidates applying for this exam have to register through the IBPS Specialist Officers link on the official website.
- IBPS Clerk Apply Online: Candidates who want to appear for the IBPS clerk exam have to use the CRP Clerical link on the official site to apply for this exam.
IBPS Apply Online Documentation
The documentation part is required after the registration process is done and the application forms are filled.
The following documents are asked by the IBPS during the online application process for every exam:
- Passport Size photograph
The IBPS publishes guidelines to upload these documents in the exam notification every year. The following are the basic guidelines:
- Photograph and signature image files should be clear
- No head coverings except religious headgear are allowed for the photograph.
- The photograph should be 4.5 by 3.5 cm or 200 by 230 pixels in the light background and between 20-30 kb in size.
- Signature should be less than 140 by 60 pixels and of 20 kb or less size.
IBPS Apply Online for PO
The IBPS PO online application process is discussed in brief in this section.
The IBPS PO online application process consists of filling the IBPS PO Application form and payment of fees.
The following are the steps in this process:
- IBPS Online registration and generation of ID and password.
- Documents upload for the exam.
- Filling up the educational, professional and candidate category details in the application.
- Selecting the preference order of banks and pre-exam training if applicable.
- Payment of fees through the online portal.
Once this process is complete, the institute releases the PO prelims admit card a few days before the exam.
IBPS Apply Online for SO
The IBPS SO online application consists of similar steps to the application process for Probationary officers.
However, the educational and professional requirements section of the specialist officers application form is more detailed.
For more details on the application process for this exam, refer to the IBPS SO Notification.
IBPS Apply Online For Clerk
The IBPS Clerk online application Process is mentioned in brief in this section.
The clerk online application consists of two parts:
- Online registration
- Filling up of the IBPS clerk application form.
The following steps are to be performed in sequence to complete the application form:
- IBPS online registration.
- Upload of photograph and signature for the examination.
- Educational, professional and category details need to be filled in the next page.
- Candidates need to state their preference order for banks and the state/UT they are applying for in the last page of the application form.
- Fees are to be paid online after reviewing the application.
Completing this process allows the institute to process the application and release the IBPS Clerk admit card a few days before the exam.
IBPS Apply Online for RRB
The application process for regional rural banks is similar except for a few differences in the sections covering educational and professional details.
For details on IBPS RRB online application process, refer to the linked article.
Candidates should apply for these exams only after satisfying themselves that they fulfill all the IBPS eligibility conditions.
These conditions are listed in the official bank exam notification published by the institute.
Candidates can check the IBPS Selection Process to know more about the steps before document verification.
You can follow BYJU’S for the latest updates, notifications and study material for IBPS exams.