The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection will publish the IBPS SO Notification 2019 in the month of November 2019.
The IBPS releases the official Notification one month before the exam.
The IBPS SO notification contains all the information that a candidate needs to apply for the exam.
For details on other bank exams, refer to the linked article.
In this article, we will discuss the information that is included in the official notification as well as tentative dates for the exam.
For more details on upcoming bank exams, refer to the linked article.
IBPS SO Notification
The IBPS SO official notification contains the following information about the examination:
- The posts available through the specialist officers examination.
- The list of Public Sector Banks recruiting through the exam.
- Schedule of the exam and the SO exam Pattern.
- Eligibility criteria for IBPS Specialist Officer.
- Documents required by the Institute and PSBs to complete the Provisional Allotment process.
- Centres of IBPS SO Examination for the preliminary and main examination.
Apart from this information, the IBPS SO notification also contains guidelines for the online application process and the format of supporting documents such as caste certificate and medical certificates for each PWD category.
IBPS SO Exam Dates
The official IBPS exam calendar for 2019-20 exam has been released.
The tentative IBPS SO 2019 Exam dates are as follows:
|IBPS SO Exam||IBPS SO Exam Date|
|Notification release||First Week of November 2019|
|IBPS SO Online Application and payment of exam fees||Last Week of November 2019|
|Download of Call Letters for Specialist Officer Prelims||First to the third week of December 2019|
|Date of IBPS SO Preliminary examination||December 28-29, 2019|
|Prelims Result declaration||January 2020|
|IBPS SO Main Call letter||January 2020|
|IBPS SO Mains Exam||January 25, 2020|
|Main Examination Result declaration||February 2020|
|Provisional Allotment of banks for IBPS SO 2019||April 2020|
For details on IBPS SO Exam date, refer to the linked article.
IBPS SO Recruitment
As per the IBPS SO Notification, the different IBPS SO Recruitment details are given below:
- I.T. Officer (Scale-I)
- Agricultural Field Officer (Scale I)
- Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale I)
- Law Officer (Scale I)
- HR/Personnel Officer (Scale I)
- Marketing Officer (Scale I)
All eligible candidates, trying to get into any of these above mentioned IBPS SO Posts need to register for the Common Recruitment Process (CRP SPL-VIII).
IBPS SO Vacancies
There are different number of vacancies depending on the posts applied and the category to which the candidate belongs.
The official IBPS SO Notification gives detailed information regarding the various posts’ vacancies across India.
The IBPS SO vacancies for IT officer post is given below:
For more details on the vacancies for other posts, refer to the official IBPS SO Notification.
IBPS SO Salary
As per the IBPS SO Notification, the IBPS SO salary covers pay scales of Officer Scale I, Officer Scale-II, Officer Scale-III.
The IBPS SO salary details are as follows:
- The IBPS SO salary structure of Officer Scale I is in the range of Rs. 23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020. They get around 36400/- per month including dearness allowance and HRA.
- The IBPS SO salary structure of Officer Scale-II is in the range of Rs. 31705-1145/1-32850-1310/10-45950. Rs. 48800/- is the basic pay per month including dearness allowance and HRA.
- The IBPS SO salary structure of Officer Scale III is in the range of Rs. 42020-1310/5-48570-1460/2-51490. Rs. 64600/- is the total compensation per month including dearness allowance and HRA.
For more details on bank salary, refer to the linked article.
IBPS SO Apply Online
IBPS SO Online Application Process has certain pre- requisites.
The Pre- Requisites IBPS SO Online Application Process are as follows:
- Scanned photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm)
- Scanned copy of signature
- Left Thumb Impression
- Online payment details
- Valid Personal email-id
The IBPS SO Online Application steps are given below:
- Go to the official website of IBPS(www.ibps.in)
- Click on “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” to initiate the registration process.
- Enter the basic details asked in the Online Application Form.
- Note your Provisional Registration number sent to the registered mobile number and email-id.
- Re-login to the website using your Registration number and password
- Upload your scanned documents such as photograph, signature, Left Thumb Impression, Hand-written declaration.
- After filling all the details, review the IBPS SO Online application form and click on” SAVE & NEXT”.
- Complete the payment by using Debit Cards (RuPay/ Visa/ Master Card/ Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets and provide information as asked on the screen.
- After Final Submit, an additional page of the application form is displayed wherein candidates may follow the instructions and fill in the requisite details.
- On successful completion of the IBPS SO Online registration, an e-receipt will be generated.
- Candidates need to take a printout of the e-receipt and online application form containing fee details.
IBPS SO Online Application Fee
The IBPS SO Online Application Fee structure is given below:
- Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PWD candidates
- Rs. 600 /- for other categories
IBPS SO Admit Card
The IBPS SO Admit Card/hall ticket will have all the important details related to the IBPS SO exam
The IBPS SO admit card contains the following information:
- Name & Address of the Candidate
- Registration Number/Roll Number
- Venue of the IBPS SO Exam
- Date of the IBPS SO Exam
- Space for affixing photograph
- General Instructions for candidates
Candidates should download their IBPS SO Admit Card/call letter from the authorised IBPS website.
No hard copy of the IBPS SO Admit Card/hall ticket will be sent by post/ courier.
IBPS SO Eligibility
The IBPS SO Eligibility criteria has 3 important aspects:
- IBPS SO Age Limit
- Educational Qualification
The details related to IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
IBPS SO Age Limit
The IBPS SO Age Limit is given below:
- Minimum Age- 20 years
- Maximum Age- 30 years
There are certain age limit relaxation with regard to candidates belonging to different categories.
A candidate must be either –
(i) a Citizen of India or
(ii) a subject of Nepal
(iii) a subject of Bhutan or
(iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India,
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
The IBPS SO Eligibility criteria based on the Educational Qualification is as follows:
IBPS SO Exam Pattern & Syllabus
The IBPS SO Exam pattern has been revised recently by the IBPS. Candidates should check the IBPS SO syllabus properly before starting their preparation.
For detailed information related to IBPS SO syllabus, refer to the linked article.
Once the IBPS notification has been published, candidates should make sure to complete the online application well before the last date.
Preparation for the exam can be done through college-level textbooks in the specialisation applied for. The preparation for prelims can be done from previous years question papers and IBPS books.
IBPS SO Notification 2018: Download PDF here