The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has released the official IBPS SO Notification 2019 on November 5th 2019. This article will discuss in detail about the official IBPS SO 2019 Notification.
The IBPS releases the official Notification one month before the exam. The IBPS SO notification contains all the information that a candidate needs to apply for the exam.
IBPS SO Notification 2019-2020- Download PDF Here
For details on other bank exams, refer to the linked article.
IBPS SO Notification – 2019-2020
The official notification of IBPS SO exam 2019 was released on 5th November 2019.
The IBPS SO 2019 exam recruits eligible personnel for the post of Specialist Officers in different Public Sector Banks for various positions. The IBPS SO Notification 2019-2020 is released to fill in more than 1163 posts (tentative) of Specialist Officers.
IBPS SO exam date is set by the conducting body. As per the official IBPS SO Notification, the prelims exam of IBPS SO is scheduled to be conducted on December 28th and 29th, 2019. Similarly, IBPS SO Mains exam is scheduled for January 25th, 2020.
The IBPS selects eligible candidates for posts like:
- Marketing Officer (Scale I)
- Agriculture Field Officer
- Law Officer
- HR/Personnel Officer
- IT Officer Scale I
- RajbhashaAdhikari Scale I
All eligible candidates, trying to get into any of these above-mentioned IBPS SO Posts need to register for the Common Recruitment Process (CRP SPL-VIII).
For more details on upcoming bank exams, refer to the linked article.
IBPS SO Exam Dates
IBPS SO 2019 Exam dates are released through IBPS SO 2019 Notification. The dates of IBPS SO 2019 Prelims exam is December 28th and 29th, 2019. While the dates for IBPS SO Mains exam 2019 is scheduled on January 25th 2020.
As per the official IBPS SO 2019 Notification, the exam dates for the IBPS SO recruitment is as mentioned below:
|IBPS SO Exam Dates|
|Exam Events||IBPS SO 2019 Exam Date|
|Notification released||5th November 2019|
|IBPS SO Online Application and payment of exam fees starts||6th November 2019|
|IBPS SO Online Application and payment of exam fees last date||26th November 2019|
|Download of Call Letters for Specialist Officer Prelims||December 2019|
|Date of IBPS SO Preliminary examination||December 28-29, 2019|
|Prelims Result declaration||January 2020|
|IBPS SO Main Call letter||January 2020|
|IBPS SO Mains Exam||January 25, 2020|
|Main Examination Result declaration||February 2020|
|Provisional Allotment of banks for IBPS SO 2019||April 2020|
IBPS SO Apply Online
IBPS has activated the link for IBPS SO online application on 6th November. Candidates are required to check the official website of IBPS to apply for IBPS SO 2019 Exam.
IBPS SO Online Application Process has certain pre- requisites.
The Pre- Requisites IBPS SO Online Application Process are as follows:
- Scanned photograph (4.5cm × 3.5cm)
- Scanned copy of signature
- Left Thumb Impression
- Online payment details
- Valid Personal email-id
Candidates applying for the IBPS SO 2019 exam have to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the official website of IBPS(www.ibps.in)
- Click on “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” to initiate the registration process.
- Enter the basic details asked in the Online Application Form.
- Note your Provisional Registration number sent to the registered mobile number and email-id.
- Re-login to the website using your Registration number and password
- Upload your scanned documents such as photograph, signature, Left Thumb Impression, Hand-written declaration.
- After filling all the details, review the IBPS SO Online application form and click on” SAVE & NEXT”.
- Complete the payment by using Debit Cards (RuPay/ Visa/ Master Card/ Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets and provide information as asked on the screen.
- After Final Submit, an additional page of the application form is displayed wherein candidates may follow the instructions and fill in the requisite details.
- On successful completion of the IBPS SO Online registration, an e-receipt will be generated.
- Candidates need to take a printout of the e-receipt and online application form containing fee details.
Once you submit the application form an email, as well as a text message, will be sent to the personal mail and phone provided with your registration ID and password. Candidates are required to keep this ID and password safe for future references.
IBPS SO Application Fees
Candidates filling in the IBPS SO Application Form have to submit the required fees for the same.
Candidates belonging to General and OBC are required to pay Rs. 600/- as their application fee for IBPS SO 2019 exam. While the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD category have to pay Rs. 100/-.
IBPS SO Vacancies
There are different numbers of vacancies given in the IBP SO Notification depending on the posts applied and the category to which the candidate belongs.
As per the official IBPS SO Notification detailed information regarding the various posts’ vacancies are as follows:
|IBPS SO Vacancies 2019|
|Name of Post in IBPS SO exam||No. of Vacancies|
|HR/Personnel Officer (Scale-I)||20|
|Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale-I)||27|
|Law Officer (Scale-I)||60|
|IT Officer (Scale-I)||76|
|Marketing Office (Scale-I)||310|
|Agriculture Officer (Scale-I)||670|
For more details on the vacancies for other posts, refer to the official IBPS SO Notification.
IBPS SO Salary
As per the IBPS SO Notification, the IBPS SO salary covers pay scales of Officer Scale I, Officer Scale-II, Officer Scale-III.
The IBPS SO salary details are as follows:
- The IBPS SO salary structure of Officer Scale I is in the range of Rs. 23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020. They get around 36400/- per month including dearness allowance and HRA.
- The IBPS SO salary structure of Officer Scale-II is in the range of Rs. 31705-1145/1-32850-1310/10-45950. Rs. 48800/- is the basic pay per month including dearness allowance and HRA.
- The IBPS SO salary structure of Officer Scale III is in the range of Rs. 42020-1310/5-48570-1460/2-51490. Rs. 64600/- is the total compensation per month including dearness allowance and HRA.
For more details on bank salary, refer to the linked article.
IBPS SO Admit Card
The IBPS SO Admit Card/hall ticket will have all the important details related to the IBPS SO exam
The IBPS SO admit card contains the following information:
- Name & Address of the Candidate
- Registration Number/Roll Number
- Venue of the IBPS SO Exam
- Date of the IBPS SO Exam
- Space for affixing photograph
- General Instructions for candidates
Candidates should download their IBPS SO Admit Card/call letter from the authorised IBPS website. No hard copy of the IBPS SO Admit Card/hall ticket will be sent by post/ courier.
IBPS SO Eligibility
The IBPS SO Eligibility criteria has 3 important aspects:
- IBPS SO Age Limit –
- Nationality –
- Educational Qualification
The details related to IBPS SO Eligibility Criteria are as follows:
IBPS SO Age Limit
The IBPS SO Notification has prescribed minimum and maximum age limit which is 20 years and 30 years respectively. Also, there is a certain relaxation on the upper age limit for candidates belonging to reserved categories.
A candidate must be a citizen of India.
As per the official IBPS SO 2019 Notification, the minimum educational qualification that a candidate must possess to be eligible for the IBPS SO exam is a Graduation Degree from a Government recognised university or board.
For Detailed information on IBPS SO Eligibility criteria kindly check IBPS SO Exam page.
IBPS SO Exam Pattern & Syllabus
The IBPS SO Exam pattern has been revised recently by the IBPS.
IBPS SO Exam Pattern comprises three stages –
- IBPS SO Prelims Exam
- IBPS SO Mains Mains Exam, &
There are two patterns for IBPS SO Prelims exam for different posts. Also, there is a sectional cut-off and it is important for candidates to clear all the sections in order to clear IBPS SO Prelims exam 2019.
IBPS SO Syllabus is decided by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection itself. Candidates should check the IBPS SO syllabus properly before starting their preparation. The IBPS SO Syllabus commonly covers Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, General Awareness with special preference to the banking industry and Verbal Ability.
For detailed information related to IBPS SO syllabus, refer to the linked article.
Once the IBPS notification has been published, candidates should make sure to complete the online application well before the last date.
Preparation for the exam can be done through college-level textbooks in the specialisation applied for. The preparation for prelims can be done from previous years’ question papers and IBPS books.
IBPS SO Notification 2019: Download PDF Here