IBPS SO Books and study material are the most important aspects for preparing for the Specialist Officer exam.
It is important to ensure that a candidate has the best study material, notes and books to prepare for the IBPS SO examination. In this article, we bring to you the list of best books for the preparation of the upcoming Specialist Officer exam.
|Along with the best IBPS SO books, regular practising is also must.
Take a Free Online IBPS SO Mock Test Now and ace the upcoming Specialist Officer exam.
Also, refer to the link given below and prepare for the IBPS Specialist Officer exam:
To know more about the other IBPS exams, candidates visit the linked article.
The IBPS SO exam is conducted to recruit specialist officers for public sector banks of India. These specialist officers handle operations which require a high level of proficiency in one specific field and have the qualifications and experience to back them up. The following are the posts that the exam recruits for:
|Information Technology||Scale I Officer|
|Agriculture||Scale I Officer|
|Rajbhasha(National Language)||Scale I Officer|
|Law||Scale I Officer|
|Human Resources/Personnel||Scale I Officer|
|Marketing||Scale I Officer|
The preparation for this examination consists of a few essential elements which are a robust preparation strategy, discipline and good books. This article aims to provide a list of IBPS SO books that candidates can use while preparing for the exam.
Candidates are advised to take IBPS SO Mock Tests for comprehensive preparation and revision of the exam.
The structure of the specialist officers exam consists of the following stages:
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
Candidates appearing for IBPS SO exam must check their preparation level by taking free Online Quizzes provided by BYJU’S.
|Other Related Links|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Logical Reasoning|
|Verbal Ability||General English for Competitive Exams|
|Simple Maths Tricks and Tips||Competitive Exam Preparation Strategy|
The IBPS SO syllabus for the prelims is the same as the IBPS PO syllabus. Hence the books required for the prelims exam are the same as the IBPS PO books. The Mains examination has some common papers which can also be prepared using the same books. These subjects are:
- General Awareness with special reference to the banking industry
- English Language
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Computer Knowledge
For general awareness, section candidates must prepare the current affairs well and keep themselves updated with any recent development across the world.
IBPS SO Books for Professional Knowledge
The Professional Knowledge section is a part of the Mains examination and since questions in this section are based on the specialisation the applicant opts for, scoring marks is also comparatively easy. Professional Knowledge books are specific to each area of specialisation as discussed below:
Information Technology: The IT field is constantly evolving and this is reflected in the exam. The IBPS SO books required to cover the complete syllabus of professional knowledge are as follows:
- Objective Computer Knowledge by R Pillai
- Data Communications and Networking by Behrouz. A Forouzan
It should be noted that the second book need not be covered completely. The chapters which deal with different network models and encoding systems are sufficient for the exam.
Agriculture: The agriculture syllabus is vast when it comes to the specialist officer exam. Hence, the following books are recommended for preparation:
- NCERT Science Textbooks: Classes VI-IX
- Agriculture Field Officer by R.Gupta
Rajbhasha Adhikari: The rajbhasha adhikari syllabus is designed to select those who have a very good grasp of the Hindi language and grammar. These officers sign off on most communication conducted in Hindi within the bank as well as all advertising material drafted in Hindi. To prepare for this paper, candidates should read the following books:
- Upkar Prakashan’s Hindi Vyakaran Aur Rachna
- Rajbhasha Adhikari Guide by R.Gupta
To know more about bank exams, check out:
|IBPS SO Exam Dates||IBPS SO Result|
|IBPS SO Admit Card||English Language Preparation Tips for IBPS SO|
|SBI SO||IBPS SO Salary|
Law: The IBPS SO Law syllabus is heavily focussed on commercial and corporate law. Hence, candidates who appear for the exam should revise these areas of the subject. In addition to this, practice for the exam from the using the following book:
- IBPS Specialist Officer CWE LAW Officer Online Exam Practice Work Book by Kiran Prakashan
Human Resources/Personnel: The HR syllabus for the IBPS SO exam focuses on case studies unique to the financial industry. The following books are useful for the exam:
- Human Resource Management by K Aswathappa
- Bank HR Specialist book by Kiran Prakashan
Marketing: The marketing syllabus is relatively easy, however, the paper reflects the fast pace that the marketing field evolves at. Keeping this in mind, candidates should refer to the following books:
- Marketing Specialist Exam book by Upkar Prakashan
- Principles of Marketing by Kavita Sharma
These books are enough to cover the IBPS SO syllabus and revise for the exam. Candidates should incorporate enough practice in their study plan and solve IBPS SO previous year question papers for comprehensive coverage.
IBPS SO Booklist for Other Subjects
Other than the Professional Knowledge books, there are other books which can help candidates prepare for the common IBPS subjects.
Given below is the list of IBPS SO books for the other sections. Candidates can choose the best books from the following and start their preparation accordingly:
- Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning by R.S.Agarwal
- Reasoning Ability for Competitive Exams by R.S.Agarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Exams by R.S. Agarwal
- Data Interpretation by Arun Sharma
- High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin
- Objective General English by Arihant Publications
- India Year Book by Publications Division
- Monthly Edition of Pratiyogita Darpan
- Manorama Yearbook
- Objective Computer Knowledge by Kiran Prakashan
Candidates can check the IBPS Books page to get the booklist for other IBPS exam preparation.
How are the IBPS SO Books Useful?
Candidates either preparing by themselves at home or taking assistance or Guidance from somewhere, in either case having the best books to prepare is extremely important.
There are multiple advantages of considering the best books for the preparation of Specialist Officer exam:
- All the important topics with regard to the IBPS SO syllabus are covered in the books
- Sample questions and examples along with their solutions help the candidate solve more and more questions based on each topic
- One may also be able to analyse the types of questions which may be asked from each topic
- Systematically all the topics can be covered
- In case of doubts, the solutions can be referred to
BYJU’S has the latest notifications, study material and strategies for the IBPS exams which candidates can use.