Now a days most of the young generations and also people with experience are interested to make a career in the banking sector. Institute of Banking Personnel Selection or IBPS is an autonomous agency of India which has the agreement with the public sector banks, corporations, insurance firms which are hiring the new and qualified staff to the office. IBPS mainly focuses on the bank recruitment, but lately, the other businesses have also begun using the platform on account of its credibility.
There are different posts under the IBPS exam, they are the Probationary Officer (PO)/ Management Trainee (MT), Specialist Officer (SO), Clerk, and RRB post. The process of registration for this bank exam is same for all the posts i.e. PO, SO, RRB, Clerk posts.
There are certain rules for registration of IBPS 2017 bank exam. And most of the candidates have a lot of confusions regarding the application of the bank examinations. Such as the exam fee for different categories, the last date for applying, about the admit card and much more. Here are some of the important information on how to apply for IBPS Exam:
- Photo and Signature of the candidate should be scanned in the required format. The scanned copy should have the required size or else there will be a problem at the time of uploading.
- Payment information: The amount of fee need to pay will differ from candidate to candidate based on the candidate’s category i.e. whether the candidate is from SC, ST, general or OBC. After payment candidates should keep the receipt as it will be important while filling the form.
- Payment method: Payment can be made by using master/visa debit or credit cards or through internet banking. After successful transaction, a registration number and a password will be generated. Applicants should take a print out of transaction e-receipt for further use.
- Application Fees: INR 100 for SC/ST/PWD and INR 600 for General/OBC.
Candidates who are interested to appear in IBPS bank exam should have a valid mail-id to receive the important information regarding the exam.
- Eligibility Criteria:
All the interested candidates should check their age before applying for the exam. The different age limits for different categories of candidates are mentioned below.
- For Clerk post 20 to 28 years (+5 years for SC/ST, +3 years for OBC, +10 years for disabled)
- For PO post 20 to 30 years (same as the clerk post age limit)
- For SO post 20 to 30 years (same as the clerk post age limit)
- For RRB post 18 to 28 (for assistant) and 30 years (for officers)
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must complete their graduation from any recognized university and should have language proficiency (able to read/write/speak) in English and the official language of the state from where they are applying. They should also have basic knowledge about computer science/ IT.
The process of applying for IBPS Exam 2017 is common for all the candidates except the age limit and the eligibility criteria and the payment part. IBPS registration starts from August 2017 and the last date is in the month of September 2017. The examination for the posts of SO and PO consists of the subjective part, descriptive part and interview. The last date for interview is February 2018 for which aspirants can download their admit card till January 2018. IBPS provisional allotment will be in April 2018.
Candidates aspiring to appear in these bank exams should follow the above mentioned details. For more information about the syllabus and exam pattern of IBPS Exam stay tuned with Byju’s.