SSC CGL 2020- The official notification of the SSC Combined Graduate Level exam 2020 is yet to be released.
SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam 2019 Update:
- SSC CGL 2019 Mains (Tier-II) New Dates – SSC is going to announce new dates for SSC CGL Tier-II 2019 examination on June 1st 2020. SSC, on 21st May, notified that after assessing the situation amid coronavirus pandemic; it will announce the exam date for SSC Combined Graduate Level Mains exam 2019-2020.
- SSC CGL Vacancy 2019 released! The Staff Selection Commission has released the tentative number of SSC CGL 2019-2020 vacancies. A total number of 8,582 SSC CGL vacancies are notified through an official circular on March 19th, 2020.
- SSC CGL Tier I Answer Key 2019 Released! Candidates who appeared for SSC CGL Tier I Exam conducted from 3rd to 9th March 2020 can check the SSC CGL Answer Key Tier I 2019 from the official website.
SSC CGL Exam 2018 Update –
- SSC CGL Result 2018 Tier III Delayed! The SSC Combined Graduate Level 2018 Result For Tier III exam conducted on December 29th 2019 was scheduled to release by May 8th 2020. The Commission has now notified to deferred or postpone the SSC CGL Tier III 2018 result to an undisclosed date.
This article covers all the important aspects of SSC CGL 2020 with reference to SSC CGL Exam 2019 such as SSC CGL notification, recruitment, exam pattern, SSC CGL exam dates, syllabus, preparation, and SSC CGL admit card.
Table of Contents:
- SSC CGL Exam Date
- SSC CGL Notification
- SSC CGL Posts
- SSC CGL Eligibility
- SSC CGL Exam Pattern
- SSC CGL Syllabus
- SSC CGL Apply Online
- SSC CGL Preparation
- SSC CGL Admit Card
SSC CGL Exam
The Staff Selection Commission conducts many national level exams to recruit candidates into various Organizations, departments, offices under the Government of India. One of the exams conducted by the SSC is the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam.
The SSC CGL Exam is conducted to select candidates into Group B & Group C posts in various categories under the Indian Government. This exam is a 4 stage exam.
For more details on other SSC Exams, refer to the linked article.
SSC CGL 2020
The SSC CGL online recruitment process for Combined Graduate Level 2020-2021 will begin on September 15th, 2020. The SSC CGL 2020 exam dates will be announced with the SSC CGL Official Notification 2020.
SSC CGL 2019
SSC CGL Exam Notification 2019 has been published by the Staff Selection Commission on 22nd October 2019. The exam for the same will be conducted in 2020.
As per the official notification, SSC CGL 2019 online exam Tier-I will be conducted from March 3rd to 9th, 2020 while the SSC CGL Tier-II & Tier-III exam is scheduled to be conducted from June 22nd-25th, 2020.
SSC CGL Exam Date
The tentative dates for the SSC CGL 2020 exam are given below:
The SSC CGL 2020 Exam Dates are as follows:
|SSC CGL Exam||2020 CGL Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|SSC CGL Notification||September 2020|
|Online Application Submission||September – October 2020|
|SSC CGL Admit Card||To be notified|
|Tier I exam||February – March 2021|
|Tier-II exam||June 2021|
|Tier III exam||September 2021|
|Tier IV exam||To be notified|
The SSC CGL 2019 Exam dates have been published in the official CGL Notification released on 22nd October 2019.
The SSC CGL 2019 Exam Dates are as follows:
|SSC CGL Exam||2019 CGL Exam Dates|
|SSC CGL Notification||Released on 22nd October 2019|
|Online Application Submission||22nd October 2019 to 25th November 2019|
|SSC CGL Admit Card||To be released|
|Tier I exam||March 3, 2020, to March 9, 2020|
|Tier-II exam||22nd June 2020 to 25th June 2020|
|Tier III exam||September 2020|
|Tier IV exam||To be announced|
The table below gives information on the SSC CGL 2018 Exam dates:
|SSC CGL Exam||2018 CGL Exam Dates|
|SSC CGL 2018 Notification||Released on 5th May 2018 SSC CGL Official Notification 2018|
|Online Application Submission||5th May 2018 to 5th June 2018|
|SSC CGL Admit Card||May 2019|
|Tier I exam||04th June 2019 to 19th June 2019|
|Tier II exam||11th September 2019 to 13th September 2019|
|Tier III exam||29th December 2019 ( Morning)|
|Tier IV exam||To be announced|
SSC CGL Notification
The official website of SSC releases the CGL exam notification every year. The previous year, the official notification was released in the month of May.
The Official Notification of SSC CGL 2020 is expected to be released in the month of September 2020. The Staff Selection Commission has released the SSC CGL 2019 Notification on 22nd October 2019 to conduct SSC CGL Exam in the year 2020.
There has been a postponement of few exams as released on the SSC official website (https://ssc.nic.in/). Candidates should start their preparation very early this year as the Exam dates might vary.
For more information on the SSC CGL Official Notification, refer to the linked article.
SSC CGL Notification Updates:
- The commission has successfully concluded the SSC CGL Tier I examination between March 3rd to March 9th, 2020. Also, the SSC CGL Tier I Answer Key 2019 exam is released by the Commission. Candidates who appeared for SSC CGL Tier I Exam conducted from 3rd to 9th March 2020 can check the SSC CGL Answer Key Tier I 2019 from the official website.
- The SSC CGL Admit Card 2019 Tier-I For Central Region is released! The commission has released the SSC CGL Tier I Admit Card 2019 for UP and Bihar Region on February 20th, 2020. Candidates who applied for SSC CGL 2019 exam from the Central region can download the admit cards for the SSC CGL Tier I examination scheduled to be conducted from March 2nd to 9th, 2020 from the official website.
- Staff Selection Commission has released the CGL application status for SSC CGL Exam 2019-2020 Posts. All the candidates who applied for SSC CGL 2019-20 exam can check in the official website of SSC whether their SSC CGL Applications are accepted or rejected.
SSC CGL Posts
The SSC CGL vacancies for SSC CGL 2020 exam will be notified with the notification.
The tentative vacancies for the various Group B & Group C posts for the SSC CGL 2019 are around 9200. A certain number of vacancies will be notified in due course by the Staff Selection Commission.
Usually, the recruitment happens for posts like Assistant, Inspector, Assistant Section Officer, Assistant, Auditor, Sub-Inspector, Junior Accountant, Tax Assistant, Assistant Account Officer, Upper Division Clerk, Junior Statistical Officer, etc.
Candidates can check the official notification for more details on posts for the SSC CGL 2019-2020 exam.
SSC CGL Eligibility
Candidates who aspire to write the SSC CGL 2020 Exam must understand the Eligibility criteria properly. There are 4 criteria for the exam – 3 are for everyone, 1 is only for certain posts.
The eligibility criteria for the SSC CGL Exam is as follows:
- Citizenship– Must be a citizen of India, Nepal, Bhutan
- SSC CGL Age Limit- Must be between the age group of 18 years to 32 years
- Qualification- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University
- Physical Fitness– Only for candidates for certain posts like Inspector, Sub- Inspector, etc.
There is also certain SSC CGL Age limit relaxation for reserved candidates.
Candidates can check the detailed SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria by referring to the linked article.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern
The Staff Selection Commission conducts the CGL Exam is 4 different stages called Tiers. The last Tier Exam is only for certain posts and for candidates who have qualified certain papers.
The SSC CGL Exam pattern is as follows:
|Tier||SSC CGL Exam Pattern|
|Tier 1||Online Multiple choice questions|
|Tier 2||Online Multiple choice-based|
|Tier 3||Offline Subjective|
|Tier 4||Skill Test|
SSC CGL Selection Process – Important Pointers
- Aspirants of the SSC CGL 2020 exam will be assigned roll numbers and admit cards to appear for the Tier I exam.
- Candidates will be shortlisted category-wise to appear for Tier II and Tier III, based on the marks scored in SSC CGL 2020 Tier I.
- All candidates will have to appear for Paper I and Paper II in Tier-II exam. However, only specific candidates will have to appear for Paper III and Paper IV of the Tier II exam in SSC CGL 2020 exam.
- Separate cutoff will be fixed for Paper I, Paper-II, Paper III and Paper IV of Tier II exam.
- In SSC CGL 2020 exam, there will be minimum qualifying marks in each Tier and all the papers. The minimum qualifying marks in SSC CGL Tier I, Tier II(each paper), Tier III are as follows:
- Unreserved Categories – 30 %
- EWS/OBC Categories – 25%
- Other Categories – 20%
Before preparing for the SSC CGL 2020 Exam, candidates must check the official notification to get early information on any upcoming changes in the Exam pattern.
SSC CGL Syllabus
The SSC CGL syllabus covers various topics related to the 10th and 12th grade. The syllabus for the CGL Exam varies with respect to the Tiers.
The SSC CGL exam syllabus 2020 is as follows:
Tier I:- Topics related to General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, English Language & comprehension.
Tier II:- Topics related to Quantitative Aptitude, English Language & Comprehension, Statistics, General Studies( Finance & Economics)
Tier III:- This exam is a descriptive exam to evaluate a candidate’s Language skills in Hindi/English. This is only for candidates appearing for Statistical Investigator ( Grade II) & Compiler.
Tier IV:-This test comprises of Data Entry Speed Test & Computer Proficiency Test. This exam is for candidates appearing for specific posts under the Government of India.
Candidates can refer to the linked article for more details on the SSC CGL syllabus.
For more details on the other SSC Exams, refer to the table below:
|SSC Exam Date||SSC Online||SSC Admit Card|
|SSC Results||SSC Exam Pattern||SSC Notification|
|SSC Recruitment||SSC Eligibility||Static GK|
SSC CGL Apply Online
As per the notification released on October 2019, the SSC CGL Registration window for the 2019-2020 Exam opened from 22nd October 2019 and closed on 25th November 2019.
SSC has released the SSC CGL Application status, candidates who applied for SSC CGL 2019-20 exam can check their selection or rejection on the official website of SSC.
Candidates were required to fill the application form on the SSC official website.
The steps for the SSC CGL 2020 Registration is as follows:
Step 1- Go to the official website of SSC (https://ssc.nic.in/)
Step 2- Register using your mobile number, email id
Step 3- Login using your Registration ID that will be generated once you initiate your SSC CGL registration using your mail id, phone number
Step 4- Fill all the details that would be asked
Step 5 – Upload the necessary documents like photograph, signature.
Step 6- Review the application form once again to check for any mistakes
Step 7- Fill the payment details for the application fee. The SSC CGL registration process will be completed. Save the soft copy of the submission completion message.
For more details on the SSC CGL application process, refer to the SSC CGL official notification.
SSC CGL Exam preparation needs a lot of smart work to score well. Candidates should be always updated on the Exam pattern, syllabus regularly on the SSC Official website to keep a track of any upcoming changes.
Candidates can check SSC CGL Previous Year Question Paper for a thorough understanding of the level and scope of SSC CGL exam and for revision of their learnings.
The right set of SSC CGL Books and study material is also necessary to have a clear concept of the topics covered in the Exam.
For more details on the SSC CGL preparation, refer to the linked article.
Candidates preparing for the SSC CGL exam can visit the SSC CGL mock test page and get free mock tests based on the latest exam pattern and prepare for the exam accordingly.
SSC CGL Admit Card
The commission will release the SSC CGL 2020 Tier-I Admit Card through an official notification. The SSC CGL 2019 Tier -I admit card is expected to be released online by the 4th week of February 2020.
SSC CGL Exam Admit Cards/ Admission Certificates (ACs) will be uploaded on the website of the concerned Regional/ Sub-Regional Office of the Commission. The facility for the download of Admit Cards will be available at least one week before the examination on the website of concerned Regional/ Sub Regional Office. Candidates are advised to visit the website of the concerned Regional Office and SSC HQ regularly for updates and information about the examination.
Steps to download SSC CGL Admit Card:
- Visit the SSC CGL official website (https://ssc.nic.in/)
- Click on the link ‘SSC CGL Admit Card’
- Enter the registration number and password to log in.
- Admit card will be displayed on the screen.
- Download it and take the printout for further use.
SSC CGL Exam Centres
Candidates who aspire for the CGL exam should always check this important detail properly. A candidate must indicate the Centre(s) in the online Application Form in which he/ she desires to take the examination.
The Exam centers for the SSC CGL 2020 exam will be notified with the official announcement of the SSC CGL exam.
The exam centers for the SSC CGL 2019 exam are:
- Central Region (CR)-Bihar and Uttar Pradesh
- Eastern Region (ER)– Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Jharkhand, Odisha, Sikkim and West Bengal
- Karnataka, Kerala Region (KKR)- Lakshadweep, Karnataka and Kerala
- Madhya Pradesh Sub-Region (MPR)- Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh
- North Eastern Region (NER)- Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura
- Northern Region (NR)- NCT of Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttarakhand
- North Western Sub-Region (NWR)- Chandigarh, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir and Punjab
- Southern Region (SR)-Andhra Pradesh, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu, and Telangana.
- Western Region (WR)- Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu, Goa, Gujarat, and Maharashtra
SSC CGL Vacancy
SSC CGL 2020 exam vacancy will be notified once the recruitment process will start from September/October 2020.
The commission has released the SSC CGL Vacancy for 2019 examination. The SSC CGL 2019 exam will be conducted to fill a total of 8582 vacancies.
As per the notice, the highest number of SSC CGL Vacancies are available with CBIC – Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Custom that counts to 2195 and the second-highest vacancies are available CBDT- Central Board of Direct Taxes that count to 1456.
For further details, candidates who appeared for SSC CGL Tier I examination can download SSC CGL vacancies PDF given below:
These are the tentative vacancies. The final vacancy for SSC CGL 2020 and 2019 will be released at the time of document verification.
A total of 11271 vacancies were released to be filled in SSC CGL 2018-2019 examination. The vacancies released by the commissions were to fill the posts in the department of Income Tax, Excise and Custom, etc.
The table given below will help candidates get an idea of the number of vacancies to be released for SSC CGL 2019 – 2020 exam:
|SSC CGL Vacancy|
|Categories||SSC CGL Vacancy 2018||SSC CGL Vacancy 2017|
SSC CGL Important Details
The important details related to SSC CGL is highlighted in the table given below:
|SSC CGL Exam 2019|
|Name of the Exam||Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level – SSC CGL|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Type||National Level Exam|
|Exam Dates||Tier I – March 2nd – 11th 2020
Tier II – June 22nd – 25th 2020
Tier III – June 22nd – 25th 2020
|Mode of SSC CGL Application||Online|
|Mode of SSC CGL Exam||Online|
|CGL Eligibility||Indian citizenship
Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline
|Duration of CGL exam||Tier I – 60 minutes
Tier II – 120 minutes
Tier III – 60 minutes
Tier IV – 45 minutes
|Sections in CGL exam||Tier I – 4 Sections
Tier II -4 Papers
This article will help all the candidates to get a detailed idea regarding the SSC CGL 2020 and SSC CGL 2019 Exams.
Referring to the previous years’ question papers, exam pattern, syllabus and all other details will the candidates to prepare for the exam systematically and reduce the stress of the Exam.