The SSC CGL Notification 2021 is yet to be announced officially by the Staff Selection Commission. The SSC CGL Recruitment is conducted every year by the Staff Election Commission for recruiting candidates into various departments, Ministries and offices under the Government of India. Candidates can check SSC CGL page for further details.
SSC CGL Notification 2020 – The commission has released the SSC CGL Notification 2020 on December 29th 2020 officially out on the SSC website. SSC CGL Recruitment 2020 is released to fill up 7o35 CGL Vacancies. The Last date to fill the application form for Combined Graduate Level Exam Notification is January 31st 2021.
Aspirants of CGL exam can go through the detailed SSC CGL Notification PDF 2020-21 below-
SSC CGL Notification PDF 2020-21: Download PDF Here
Also, download SSC CGL Vacancy for 2020-21 recruitment –
- SSC announced through an official CGL notification that the Tier I exam for SSC CGL Recruitment 2020-21 is postponed due to a surge in the COVID-19 cases across the country. New dates for Tier I CGL 2020-21 will be announced soon.
- According to the SSC CGL Notification 2020 released on December 29th the Tier I Exam was scheduled from May 29th 2021 onwards.
- SSC has deferred the release of SSC CGL Notification 2020-21 which was scheduled to be out on December 21st 2020. The Commission has now scheduled the release of SSC Combined Graduate Level Notification 2020-21 on December 29th 2020.
The SSC Exams are conducted every year to give aspirants a chance to work for the Government of India.
SSC CGL Notification 2019-
- SSC has again revised the date of SSC CGL Tier-II 2019 examination. On October 7th 2020, SSC CGL Notification was released by the commission stating that the Tier II exam which was scheduled from November 2nd is again postponed to a new date. SSC will now conduct the CGL Tier II 2019 exam from November 15th to 18th 2020. Candidates can go through the detailed CGL notification given below released by the commission-
(Revised Schedule) SSC CGL Notification PDF- Download PDF Here
- The Staff Selection Commission has announced the exam date for SSC CGL Tier III on August 26th. The Tier III exam Combined Graduate Level 2019 is scheduled on November 22nd 2020. Check the detailed CGL notification as released by the commission below-
SSC CGL Tier III 2019 Exam Date PDF:- Download PDF Here
- SSC announced the revised dates for SSC CGL Tier-II exam. The Tier II of SSC CGL exam is now scheduled from November 2nd to November 5th 2020. The SSC CGL Notification for the exam rescheduling was published on the official website on July 21st, 2020.
- SSC has released the SSC CGL result of Tier I exam on July 1st 2020. The exam was conducted from March 3rd to March 9th 2020. Along with the result it has also published category-wise cut off marks. Candidates who appeared for SSC CGL 2019 Tier I exam can check the result and SSC CGL Cut Off marks in detail on the given links.
- The Staff Selection Commission has released a notification on June 29th 2020 for revised SSC CGL Vacancy. Earlier the commission released 9389 vacancies of which 8582 vacancies were for the Group C and Group D Posts. Now, as per the latest notification, the revised SSC CGL Vacancy is 9488. Check the detailed revised SSC CGL Vacancy for 2019 examination below in the article.
- Earlier, SSC released new dates for the Tier II exam. As per the SSC CGL Notification on June 1st 2020, the exam for Tier II 2019 was scheduled from October 14th onwards which is now postponed to November 2020.
In this article, candidates will get the latest SSC CGL notification-related details including SSC CGL Recruitment, Apply Online, Admit Card release dates of the Combined Graduate Level Exam 2020 for various posts under the Government of India.
SSC CGL Notification
The Notification for CGL Recruitment 2021 is not yet released by the commission. The Staff Selection Commission has announced the commencement of SSC CGL recruitment 2020 with the release of CGL Notification on December 29th 2020. As per the latest notification, the schedule of SSC CGL recruitment 2020-21 is as mentioned below:
SSC CGL Notification 2020-21 Dates
|Name of the Recruitment Exam||SSC CGL Exam 2020-21|
|Recruiting board||Staff Selection Commission|
|SSC CGL Notification 2020||December 21st 2020 (postponed)
December 29th 2020 (Released)
|SSC CGL Vacancies||7035 (Tentative)|
|SSC CGL Apply Online Date||December 21st 2020 to 25th January 2021
December 29th 2020 to 31st January 2021
|SSC CGL Admit Card||To be announced|
|Tier I exam||29th March 2021 to 7th June 2021 Postponed|
|Tier II exam||To be announced|
|Tier III exam||To be announced|
|Tier IV exam||To be announced|
The SSC CGL is conducted in 4 stages-
- Tier I
- Tier II
- Tier III
- Tier IV
The SSC CGL Exam notification gives the following details:
For the Exam Dates, Syllabus and Eligibility details, candidates can check the linked articles.
Staff Selection Commission has announced the CGL Notification dates for 2020 Recruitment through the annual SSC Exam Calendar 2020-2021. Candidates can check the detailed schedule on the given link.
SSC CGL Notification 2019
The official notification of SSC CGL recruitment 2019 has been released by the Staff Selection Commission on 22nd October 2019
- The SSC CGL Admit Card 2019 Tier-I released on February 20th, 2020 to successfully conduct SSC CGL Tier I examination from March 3rd to 9th, 2020.
- Staff Selection Commission has released the CGL application status for SSC CGL Exam 2019-2020 Posts.
The dates of SSC CGL Apply online started from October 22 to November 25, 2019. For more details on the complete SSC Notification for other exams, refer to the linked article.
SSC CGL Notification 2019:- Download PDF Here
SSC CGL Recruitment 2019 Exam Date
The table below gives a complete idea about the SSC CGL 2019 Exam:
|Name of the Recruitment Exam||SSC CGL Exam 2019 -2020|
|Recruiting board||Staff Selection Commission|
|SSC CGL Notification||Released on 22nd October 2019|
|SSC CGL Vacancies||8582 (Tentative)|
|Online Application Submission||22nd October 2019 to 25th November 2019|
|SSC CGL Admit Card||Tier I – February 20th, 2020
Tier II – to be released
|Tier I exam||March 2, 2020 to March 11, 2020|
|Tier II exam||22nd June 2020 to 25th June 2020 (postponed)
October 14 to October 17, 2020 (New dates)
November 2nd to November 5th 2020 (Revised dates)
|Tier III exam||November 22nd 2020|
|Tier IV exam||To be announced|
As the exams for SSC CGL 2019 Tier I are already conducted, candidates can refer to detailed SSC CGL Exam Analysis for better preparation.
Aspirants can refer our SSC CGL Preparation page for important tips, a list of best books and study material.
SSC CGL Exam Related links:
|SSC Cut Off||SSC Admit Card||SSC Recruitment|
|SSC Exam Pattern||SSC Results||SSC Preparation|
|SSC Online||SSC Eligibility||Static GK|
Aspirants can see the dates and details of SSC CGL Notification 2018 below:
|Name of the Recruitment Exam||SSC CGL Exam 2018|
|Recruiting board||Staff Selection Commission|
|SSC CGL 2018 Notification||Released on 5th May 2018|
|SSC CGL Vacancies||More than 9000|
|SSC CGL Apply Online Date||5th May 2018 to 5th June 2018|
|SSC CGL Admit Card||May 2019|
|Tier I exam||04th June 2019 to 19th June 2019|
|Tier II exam||11th September 2019 to 13th September 2019|
|Tier III exam||29th December 2019 ( Morning)|
|Tier IV exam||To be announced|
SSC CGL Vacancies – Recruitment & Salary
SSC CGL vacancy 2020-21
The Staff Selection Commission announces the SSC CGL Vacancy along with the notification. The tentative SSC CGL vacancies as mentioned in the CGL Notification 2020 are 7035. Candidates can go through teh details regarding SSC CGL Vacancy 2020 on the given PDF.
SSC CGL Vacancy PDF 2020-21:-Download PDF Here
Candidates will be notified once the final SSC CGL Vacancy for 2020-21 are announced by the commission.
SSC CGL Vacancy 2019
SSC released the revised SSC CGL vacancy on June 29th 2020. The total number of vacancies from 9389 has been raised to 9488 as per the notification, but SSC CGL vacancies for Group B and Group C posts will remain the same i.e. 8582 as was released with the SSC CGL Notification 2019. Check the detailed SSC CGL vacancy below.
|SSC CGL Vacancy (2019 – Revised)|
|Post-Code & Name of Department||Name of Post||SSC CGL Vacancies|
|1 Indian Audit & Accounts Department under C&AG||Assistant Audit Officer Group ‘B’ Gazetted (Non-Ministerial)||500|
|2 Indian Audit & Accounts Department under C&AG||Assistant Accounts Officer Group ‘B’ Gazetted (Non-Ministerial)||–|
|3 Central Secretariat Service (DOPT)||Assistant Section Officer||127|
|4 Intelligence Bureau||Assistant Section Officer||6|
|5 Ministry of Railways||Assistant Section Officer||42|
|6 Ministry of External Affairs||Assistant Section Officer||77|
|7 AFHQ (Ministry of Defence)||Assistant Section Officer||81|
|8 (1) Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology
(2) Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs
|9 Other Ministry/Departments||Assistant||–|
|10 (1) Central Administrative Tribunal
(2) Central Vigilance Commission
(3) Election Commission
|Assistant Section Officer||13|
|11 Central Board of Direct Taxes (Department of Revenue)||Inspector Of Income Tax||208|
|12 Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs(CBIC)||Inspector, (Central Excise)||2,159|
|13 Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs(CBIC)||Inspector (Preventive Officer)||201|
|14 Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs(CBIC)||Inspector (Examiner)||123|
|15 Enforcement Directorate (Deptt. of Revenue)||Asstt. Enforcement Officer||70|
|16 Central Bureau of Investigation||Sub Inspectors||57|
|17 Ministry of Communications (Department of Posts- SPN)||Inspector Post||47|
|18 Central Bureau of Narcotics||Inspector||31|
|19 (1) Bureau of Police Research & Development
(2) Coast Guard Headquarters
(3) Enforcement Directorate (Deptt. of Revenue)
(4) Ministry of External Affairs (Central Passport Offices)
(5) Ministry of Textiles
(6) Narcotics Control Bureau
|20 Ministry of Mines||Assistant/Superintendent||16|
|21 Comptroller & Auditor General of India||Divisional Accountant||400|
|22 National Investigation Agency||Sub-Inspector||–|
|23 M/O Statistics & Programme Implementation||Junior Statistical Officer||265|
|24 Registrar General of India||Statistical Investigator Gr. II||840|
|25 Offices under Comptroller & Auditor General of India||Auditor||–|
|26 Other Ministry/Departments||Auditor||–|
|27 Offices under Controller General of Defence Accounts||Auditor||509|
|28 Offices under Controller & Auditor General of India||Accountant||–|
|29 (1) Controller General of Accounts
(2) Ministry of Communications (Department of Posts-Admn.)
|30 (1) Ministry of Textiles
(2) Directorate General of Defence Estates (Ministry of Defence)
(3) Central Bureau of Narcotics
|31 Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)||Tax Assistant||1,456|
|32 Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs(CBIC)||Tax Assistant||429|
|33 Central Bureau of Narcotics||Sub-Inspector(Narcotics) -2400||32|
|34 DTE General Border Roads Organisation (MOD) – (Only for Male Candidates)||Upper Division Clerk||–|
|Total (Group B & Group C Posts)||8,582|
|8 Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology||Assistant||6|
|8 Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs||Assistant||3|
|10 Central Administrative Tribunal||Assistant Section Officer||5|
|10 Central Vigilance Commission||Assistant Section Officer||1|
|10 Election Commission||Assistant Section Officer||7|
|19 Bureau of Police Research & Development||Assistant||1|
|19 Coast Guard Headquarters||Assistant||2|
|19 Enforcement Directorate (Deptt. of Revenue)||Assistant||4|
|19 Ministry of External Affairs (Central Passport Offices )||Assistant||5|
|19 M/O Textiles||Assistant||2|
|19 Narcotics Control Bureau||Assistant||2|
|29 Controller General of Accounts||Accountant/Junior Accountant||678|
|29 Ministry of Communications (Department of Posts-ADMN.)||Accountant/Junior Accountant||91|
|30 Ministry of Textiles||Senior Secretariat Assistant/Upper Division Clerk||9|
|30 Directorate General of Defence Estates (Ministry of Defence)||Senior Secretariat Assistant/Upper Division Clerk||45|
|30 Central Bureau of Narcotics||Senior Secretariat Assistant/Upper Division Clerk||45|
Earlier, the Staff Selection Commission through an official notification has released the tentative vacancy for SSC CGL 2019 Exam. As per the notification released on March 19th, 2020. A total of 8582 vacancies is to be filled by group C and D posts through SSC CGL 2019 examination. Candidates can check the detailed post-wise vacancy for SSC CGL 2019 on the official website. Also, download SSC CGL Vacancy PDF given below.
The table given below will help candidates get an idea of the number of vacancies released for the SSC CGL exam in different years:
|SSC CGL Vacancy||UR||SC||ST||OBC||TotalVacancies|
|SSC CGL Vacancy 2020-21||2891||1046||510||1858||7035|
|SSC CGL Vacancy 2019-20||3674||1242||667||2198||8582|
|SSC CGL Vacancy 2018-19
(as of 27/12/2019)
|SSC CGL (Final Vacancy
as of 15/11/2019) 2017
SSC CGL Salary
As mentioned in the SSC CGL Notification, post 7th Pay Commission, candidates can expect a handsome increment in the salary for the gazetted posts in Group B. The salary for the group C posts is comparatively lesser than other Groups.
The SSC CGL salary for the year 2019-2020 has been updated in the recently published official SSC CGL Notification 2019. Let’s have a brief look at the SSC CGL salary scale for the previous year exam.
The SSC CGL 2019 salary details are given below:
For complete details on the 2019 salary details, Check SSC CGL salary Page or refer to the official SSC CGL 2019 Notification.
SSC CGL Cut Off
For candidates appearing for the upcoming SSC CGL exam, can refer to the SSC CGL cut off 2020 for Tier I exam. Detailed expected Cut Off for the year 2019 and previous year cut of for 2018, 2017 and more are discussed.
Knowing the SSC CGL cut Off will help candidates apprehend an expected cut off for the SSC CGL exam to be conducted for the upcoming years. The past record has shown that there has been an increase in the cut-off each year, with the increasing number of applicants.
SSC CGL Cut Off 2018 (Tier I)
|SSC CGL Exam 2018 – Cut Off|
|Category||Cut Off||Cut Off (JSO)||Cut Off (AAO)|
SSC CGL Recruitment Online Application
The SSC CGL Apply Online form for the SSC CGL 2020 is made available from December 29th 2020 to January 31st 2021.
Interested candidates can fill in the SSC CGL Apply Online form 2020 through the official website.
Important information related to the SSC CGL online application process for SSC CGL 2020 exam:
- Any candidate having a bachelor’s degree in any stream can fill SSC CGL Online Application form 2020-21
- Fee for SSC CGL Application Form for males (general category) is Rs 100/-
- Candidates belonging to all other categories are exempted from paying the SSC CGL application form fee.
- Keep all the scanned copies of documents ready before filling the SSC CGL online application form
Candidates willing to apply for the SSC CGL exam 2020 can visit the SSC CGL mock test page and get free mock tests based on the latest exam pattern.
SSC CGL Registration Process
To fill the SSC CGL Application Form 2020 candidates have to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Step 1- Go to the Official website of SSC.
- Step 2- Select the SSC CGL application form from the dropdown menu and click on the Apply button.
- Step 3- You will be redirected to a new window where you need to click on the New registration application window and on the register button.
- Step 4- Provide your basic details like Name Date of Birth, Mobile Number, etc.
- Step 5- Click on the submit button to complete the 1st SSC CGL registration process.
- Step 6- You will be provided with a Registration ID. You need to log in using this registration ID, Password and Date of Birth to complete the next step of the SSC CGL registration process.
- Step 7- Candidates need to upload their recent passport size photograph and a scanned copy of the signature.
- Note- The photograph should be of the dimensions asked for and it should be a recent one. The signature must be done using a white/black ink on a white sheet
- Step 8- Re-Login with your Registration ID, password to complete the remaining steps.
- Step 9- Candidates need to check the final SSC CGL application form filled for any mistakes.
- Step 10- Candidates need to submit the SSC CGL online application form by clicking on the submit button.
- Step 11- Candidates can now proceed to make the payment through online or offline mode and complete the SSC CGL registration process.
SSC CGL 2020-21 Notification PDF Download PDF Here
SSC CGL Recruitment Notification 2019:- Download PDF Here