SSC CGL Notification – The commission will release SSC CGL Notification 2020 (Combined Graduate Level Exam) in September/October 2020.
The SSC CGL Recruitment is conducted every year by the Staff Election Commission for recruiting candidates into various departments, Ministries and offices under the Government of India. The SSC Exams are conducted every year to give chance to aspirants to work for the Government of India.
SSC CGL Notification Latest Updates
- SSC has released the SSC CGL result of Tier I exam on July 1st 2020. The exam for which was conducted from March 3rd to March 9th 2020. Along with the result it has also published category-wise cut off marks. Candidates who appeared for SSC CGL 2019 Tier I exam can check the result and SSC CGL Cut Off marks in detail on the given links.
- The Staff Selection Commission has released a notification on June 29th 2020 for revised SSC CGL Vacancy. Earlier the commission released 9389 vacancies of which 8582 vacancies were for the Group C and Group D Posts. Now, as per the latest notification, the revised SSC CGL Vacancy is 9488. Check the detailed revised SSC CGL Vacancy for 2019 examination below in the article.
- SSC released new dates for the Tier II exam on June 1st 2020. As per the latest SSC CGL Notification, the exam for SSC CGL Tier II 2019 is scheduled from October 14th onwards. Candidates can check SSC CGL page for further details.
- The SSC CGL Admit Card 2019 Tier-I released on February 20th, 2020 to successfully conduct SSC CGL Tier I examination from March 3rd to 9th, 2020 The commission released the SSC CGL Tier I Admit Card 2019 for all the SSC regions. Candidates who applied for SSC CGL 2019 exam from the Central region can download the admit cards for the SSC CGL Tier I examination scheduled to be conducted from March 2nd to 11th, 2020 from the official website.
- Staff Selection Commission has released the CGL application status for SSC CGL Exam 2019-2020 Posts. All the candidates who applied for SSC CGL 2019-20 exam can check in the official website of SSC whether their SSC CGL Applications are accepted or rejected.
In this article, candidates will get the latest SSC CGL notification related details including SSC CGL Recruitment, Apply Online, Admit Card release dates of the Combined Graduate Level Exam 2019 for various posts under the Government of India.
SSC CGL Notification
Currently, recruitment of SSC CGL 2019 notification is in the process. The official notification of SSC CGL recruitment 2019 has been released by the Staff Selection Commission on 22nd October 2019 for which the exams will be conducted in the year 2020.
The dates of SSC CGL Apply online started from October 22 to November 25, 2019. For more details on the complete SSC Notification for other exams, refer to the linked article.
SSC CGL Notification 2019:- Download PDF Here
The SSC CGL Exam notification gives the following details:
For the Exam Dates, Syllabus and Eligibility details, candidates can check the linked articles.
SSC CGL Exam Date 2019-2020
The SSC CGL is conducted in 4 stages-
- Tier I
- Tier II
- Tier III
- Tier IV
The table below gives a complete idea about the SSC CGL 2019 Exam:
|Name of the Recruitment Exam||SSC CGL Exam 2019 -2020|
|Recruiting board||Staff Selection Commission|
|SSC CGL Notification||Released on 22nd October 2019|
|SSC CGL Vacancies||8582 (Tentative)|
|Online Application Submission||22nd October 2019 to 25th November 2019|
|SSC CGL Admit Card||To be released|
|Tier I exam||March 2, 2020, to March 11, 2020|
|Tier II exam||22nd June 2020 to 25th June 2020 (postponed)
October 14 to October 17, 2020 (New dates)
|Tier III exam||To be notified|
|Tier IV exam||To be announced|
As the exams for SSC CGL 2019 Tier I are already conducted candidates can refer to detailed SSC CGL Exam Analysis for better preparation.
Aspirants can refer our SSC CGL Preparation page for important tips, a list of best books and study material.
SSC CGL Exam Related links:
|SSC Exam Date||SSC Admit Card||SSC Recruitment|
|SSC Exam Pattern||SSC Results||SSC Preparation|
|SSC Online||SSC Eligibility||Static GK|
Aspirants can see the dates and details of SSC CGL Notification 2018 below:
|Name of the Recruitment Exam||SSC CGL Exam 2018|
|Recruiting board||Staff Selection Commission|
|SSC CGL 2018 Notification||Released on 5th May 2018|
|SSC CGL Vacancies||More than 9000|
|SSC CGL Apply Online Date||5th May 2018 to 5th June 2018|
|SSC CGL Admit Card||May 2019|
|Tier I exam||04th June 2019 to 19th June 2019|
|Tier II exam||11th September 2019 to 13th September 2019|
|Tier III exam||29th December 2019 ( Morning)|
|Tier IV exam||To be announced|
SSC CGL Vacancies – Recruitment & Salary
SSC released the revised SSC CGL vacancy on June 29th 2020. The total number of the vacancy from 9389 has been raised to 9488 as per the notification, but SSC CGL vacancies for will remain the same i.e. 8582 as was released with the SSC CGL Notification 2019. Check the detailed SSC CGL vacancy below.
|SSC CGL Vacancy (2019 – Revised)|
|Post-Code & Name of Department||Name of Post||SSC CGL Vacancies|
|1 Indian Audit & Accounts Department under C&AG||Assistant Audit Officer Group ‘B’ Gazetted (Non-Ministerial)||500|
|2 Indian Audit & Accounts Department under C&AG||Assistant Accounts Officer Group ‘B’ Gazetted (Non-Ministerial)||–|
|3 Central Secretariat Service (DOPT)||Assistant Section Officer||127|
|4 Intelligence Bureau||Assistant Section Officer||6|
|5 Ministry of Railways||Assistant Section Officer||42|
|6 Ministry of External Affairs||Assistant Section Officer||77|
|7 AFHQ (Ministry of Defence)||Assistant Section Officer||81|
|8 (1) Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology
(2) Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs
|9 Other Ministry/Departments||Assistant||–|
|10 (1) Central Administrative Tribunal
(2) Central Vigilance Commission
(3) Election Commission
|Assistant Section Officer||13|
|11 Central Board of Direct Taxes (Department of Revenue)||Inspector Of Income Tax||208|
|12 Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs(CBIC)||Inspector, (Central Excise)||2,159|
|13 Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs(CBIC)||Inspector (Preventive Officer)||201|
|14 Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs(CBIC)||Inspector (Examiner)||123|
|15 Enforcement Directorate (Deptt. of Revenue)||Asstt. Enforcement Officer||70|
|16 Central Bureau of Investigation||Sub Inspectors||57|
|17 Ministry of Communications (Department of Posts- SPN)||Inspector Post||47|
|18 Central Bureau of Narcotics||Inspector||31|
|19 (1) Bureau of Police Research & Development
(2) Coast Guard Headquarters
(3) Enforcement Directorate (Deptt. of Revenue)
(4) Ministry of External Affairs (Central Passport Offices)
(5) Ministry of Textiles
(6) Narcotics Control Bureau
|20 Ministry of Mines||Assistant/Superintendent||16|
|21 Comptroller & Auditor General of India||Divisional Accountant||400|
|22 National Investigation Agency||Sub-Inspector||–|
|23 M/O Statistics & Programme Implementation||Junior Statistical Officer||265|
|24 Registrar General of India||Statistical Investigator Gr. II||840|
|25 Offices under Comptroller & Auditor General of India||Auditor||–|
|26 Other Ministry/Departments||Auditor||–|
|27 Offices under Controller General of Defence Accounts||Auditor||509|
|28 Offices under Controller & Auditor General of India||Accountant||–|
|29 (1) Controller General of Accounts
(2) Ministry of Communications (Department of Posts-Admn.)
|30 (1) Ministry of Textiles
(2) Directorate General of Defence Estates (Ministry of Defence)
(3) Central Bureau of Narcotics
|31 Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT)||Tax Assistant||1,456|
|32 Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs(CBIC)||Tax Assistant||429|
|33 Central Bureau of Narcotics||Sub-Inspector(Narcotics) -2400||32|
|34 DTE General Border Roads Organisation (MOD) – (Only for Male Candidates)||Upper Division Clerk||–|
|Total (Group B & Group C Posts)||8,582|
|8 Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology||Assistant||6|
|8 Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs||Assistant||3|
|10 Central Administrative Tribunal||Assistant Section Officer||5|
|10 Central Vigilance Commission||Assistant Section Officer||1|
|10 Election Commission||Assistant Section Officer||7|
|19 Bureau of Police Research & Development||Assistant||1|
|19 Coast Guard Headquarters||Assistant||2|
|19 Enforcement Directorate (Deptt. of Revenue)||Assistant||4|
|19 Ministry of External Affairs (Central Passport Offices )||Assistant||5|
|19 M/O Textiles||Assistant||2|
|19 Narcotics Control Bureau||Assistant||2|
|29 Controller General of Accounts||Accountant/Junior Accountant||678|
|29 Ministry of Communications (Department of Posts-ADMN.)||Accountant/Junior Accountant||91|
|30 Ministry of Textiles||Senior Secretariat Assistant/Upper Division Clerk||9|
|30 Directorate General of Defence Estates (Ministry of Defence)||Senior Secretariat Assistant/Upper Division Clerk||45|
|30 Central Bureau of Narcotics||Senior Secretariat Assistant/Upper Division Clerk||45|
Earlier, the Staff Selection Commission through an official notification has released the tentative vacancy for SSC CGL 2019 Exam. As per the notification released on March 19th, 2020. A total of 8582 vacancies is to be filled by group C and D posts through SSC CGL 2019 examination. Candidates can check the detailed post-wise vacancy for SSC CGL 2019 on the official website. Also, download SSC CGL Vacancy PDF given below.
SSC CGL Salary
As mentioned in the SSC CGL Notification, post 7th pay commission, candidates can expect a handsome increment in the salary for the gazetted posts in Group B. The salary for the group C posts is comparatively lesser than other Groups.
The SSC CGL salary for the year 2019-2020 has been updated in the recently published official SSC CGL Notification 2019. Let’s have a brief look at the SSC CGL salary scale for the previous year exam.
The SSC CGL 2019 salary details are given below:
For complete details on the 2019 salary details, Check SSC CGL salary Page or refer to the official SSC CGL 2019 Notification.
SSC CGL Cut Off
For candidates appearing for the upcoming SSC CGL exam, can refer to the SSC CGL cut off 2019 for Tier I exam. Detailed expected Cut Off for the year 2019 and previous year cut of for 2018, 2017 and more are discussed.
Knowing the SSC CGL cut Off will help candidates apprehend an expected cut off for the SSC CGL exam to be conducted for the upcoming years. The past record has shown that there has been an increase in the cut-off each year, with the increasing number of applicants.
SSC CGL Cut Off 2018 (Tier I)
|SSC CGL Exam 2018 – Cut Off|
|Category||Cut Off||Cut Off (JSO)||Cut Off (AAO)|
SSC CGL Apply Online
The SSC CGL Apply Online form for the SSC CGL 2020 was made available from 22nd October 2019 till November 25th, 2019.
Interested candidates can fill in the SSC CGL Apply Online form 2020 through the official website.
Important information related to the SSC CGL online application process for SSC CGL 2020 exam:
- Any candidate having a bachelor’s degree in any stream can fill SSC CGL Online Application form 2019-20
- Fee for SSC CGL Application Form for males (general category) is Rs 100/-
- Candidates belonging to all other categories are exempted from paying the SSC CGL application form fee.
- Keep all the scanned copies of documents ready before filling the SSC CGL online application form
Candidates willing to apply for the SSC CGL exam 2020 can visit the SSC CGL mock test page and get free mock tests based on the latest exam pattern.
SSC CGL Registration Process
To fill the SSC CGL Application Form 2020 candidates have to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Step 1- Go to the Official website of SSC.
- Step 2- Select the SSC CGL application form from the dropdown menu and click on the Apply button.
- Step 3- You will be redirected to a new window where you need to click on the New registration application window and on the register button.
- Step 4- Provide your basic details like Name Date of Birth, Mobile Number, etc.
- Step 5- Click on the submit button to complete the 1st SSC CGL registration process.
- Step 6- You will be provided with a Registration ID. You need to log in using this registration ID, Password and Date of Birth to complete the next step of SSC CGL registration process.
- Step 7- Candidates need to upload their recent passport size photograph and a scanned copy of the signature.
- Note- The photograph should be of the dimensions asked for and it should be a recent one. The signature must be done using a white/black ink on a white sheet
- Step 8- Re-Login with your Registration ID, password to complete the remaining steps.
- Step 9- Candidates need to check the final SSC CGL application form filled for any mistakes.
- Step 10- Candidates need to submit the SSC CGL online application form by clicking on the submit button.
- Step 11- Candidates can now proceed to make the payment through online or offline mode and complete the SSC CGL registration process.
SSC CGL Recruitment Notification 2019:- Download PDF Here