The SSC Cut Off marks is released by the Staff Selection Commission for various examinations along with the result of each exam. The cutoff marks for SSC exams are released region-wise, category-wise and post-wise for different exams.
Details on various SSC exams can be checked in the given link.
This article aims to provide the SSC Cut Off for various examinations conducted in 2020-21 and previous years. The exams conducted by SSC, cut off marks for which are discussed in the article are:
- SSC Junior Engineer – JE Exam
- SSC Stenographer Exam
- SSC Multitasking Staff – MTS Exam
- SSC Central Police Organisation – CPO Exam
- SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level – CHSL Exam
- SSC Combined Graduate Level – CGL Exam
- SSC General Duty – GD Constable Exam.
Candidates who aspire to appear for any exams conducted by SSC can go through the SSC exam dates 2021 for information on the next recruitment exams.
|Are you an aspirant of SSC exams? To obtain the minimum SSC Cut Off in any exam, check the links for assistance-|
SSC Cut Off 2020-21
The Staff Selection Commission releases the cut off marks for different exams on the SSC official website in a PDF format along with the results. Candidates who appear for the respective examinations are able to check the SSC Cut Off when the result for that particular Tier or stage is announced.
Go through the list of latest SSC Cut Off for different SSC examinations announced by the commission:
- SSC CGL Cut Off – The lastest examination was SSC CGL Tier I 2021 conducted April 11th to April 21st 2022. The SSC CGL Cut Off was released on July 4th 2022 along with Tier I results on the official website. The detailed SSC cut off for CGL exam is given in the linked page. Candidates can also check the SSC CGL Result for relevant information.
- SSC CHSL Cut Off – The commission conducted SSC CHSL Tier I 2021 exam from May 24th to June 10th, and announced the result and cut-off marks on August 4th 2022. To check the detailed SSC Cut Off for CHSL exam 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2017 in the above-given link. Also go through the SSC CHSL Result for Tier-wise result information.
- SSC CPO Cut Off – The SSC Cut Off marks for CPO examination 2020 released on 15th July 2022 along with the final result. The exam was conducted from November 23rd to November 26th, 2020. Candidates willing to check the information on the SSC CPO result can check the linked page.
- SSC GD Cut Off – The last recruitment for SSC GD Constable post was for 2021recruitment. The category-wise SSC Cut off marks for GD exam was released separately for male and female candidates on 25th March 2021. Candidates who secure marks equal to or more than the SSC Cut Off for GD released by the commission for CBE online test were eligible for PET/PST test followed by the medical examination. For information on SSC GD Result, visit the given link.
- SSC JE Cut Off – The SSC JE cut Off 2020 released on 20th March 2022 along with the final result. SSC JE Paper I CBT was conducted from 22nd March 2021 to 24th March 2021. Paper II Computer based test was scheduled on September 26th 2021. Candidates can also check SSC JE Result for important dates on which the results were announced.
- SSC Stenographer Cut Off – The Staff Selection Commission released the SSC Cut Off for Stenographer 2020 along with the result of the first stage CBT on 21st January 2022. The Stenographer computer based test for 2020 was conducted on 11th, 12th and 15th November 2021. Details are given on the link provided. Candidates can check the SSC Stenographer Result page for important dates.
- SSC MTS Cut Off– The Commission has announced the final list of candidates shortlisted for document verification in MTS exam 2020 on 29th July 2022. With the final list SSC released the category-wise MTS cut off provisionally shortlisted for appearing in the Document Verification. Candidates can check the latest result and SSC MTS Cut Off paper II 2020 on SSC MTS Result page. The details for SSC Cut Off marks for Paper I of SSC MTS exam conducted in May 2022 are given in the link provided above.
Aspirants can also check the details regarding the result of the above-mentioned examination on SSC Result page linked here.
Candidates can check the following links for further information on all the examinations.
SSC Cut Off Deciding Factors
The SSC cut off is the minimum qualifying marks that are mandatory for candidates to obtain in order to appear for the next round and clear the examination.
The conducting body of all SSC examination i.e. Staff Selection Commission decides the minimum SSC Cut Off Marks. The SSC decides the SSC cut off based on certain factors, such as:
- The difficulty level of the question papers of respective exams
- Total number of candidates appearing for the examinations
- Previous year SSC Cut Off Trends for different examination
- Average marks scored by candidates in respective exams
- A total number of vacancy released for the particular exam by the officials
- Region-Wise Vacancy issued for different examinations
- Use of SSC marks normalization rule
How to calculate SSC Cut Off Marks?
Candidates appearing for any SSC exam have to obtain the minimum cut off marks in order to be eligible for the next process of the selection. Those who appear for the examination can go through the below-mentioned steps to calculate the SSC Cut Off for a particular stage or Tier of Staff selection exams:
- Sum up the total marks obtained in each section of the respective exam, let’s say, General Awareness + English + General Reasoning + Quantitative Aptitude.
- Remember, the sum obtained in step one must be arrived after applying the negative marking (different negative marking for different examination) for each wrong attempt.
- The number now arrived will be the minimum qualifying marks for the examination.
Steps To Check SSC Cut Off
Candidates who appear for exams conducted by SSC can check the SSC Cut off for respective examinations by following the steps as mentioned below:
- Visit the respective SSC regional websites.
- Go to the Result tab, find the link of the result link of the respective SSC examination.
- Click on the result link, a PDF will open mentioning the SSC Cut off marks category-wise.
- Check the cut off based on the respective category.
- If the score is more than the cut off then the candidate is eligible to appear for next round and vice versa.
- The candidates should download and save the SSC Cut off for further reference.
Candidates are advised to keep a track of this page for regular updates on SSC Cut Off for different SSC exams. For information on the vacancies released for all these exams and relevant details, visit the SSC Recruitment page linked here.
Candidates preparing for different examination conducted by the selection board can check the detailed syllabus of these exams:
Candidates willing to prepare for any exam that is conducted by the Staff Selection Board can check the given links for assistance:
- How to start SSC exams preparation?
- Mistakes to avoid in SSC exams
- How to prepare for SSC exams without Coaching
To get more preparation tips on other SSC Exams, go through BYJU’S study materials for your preparation and expedite your study phase.