SSC MTS Syllabus 2020 – The information regarding Staff Selection Commission MTS Syllabus based on the latest SSC MTS exam pattern is relevant for candidates preparing for SSC Multitasking Staff exam.
In this article, you will know in detail the SSC MTS syllabus for Paper I and descriptive tests along with the latest exam pattern of SSC MTS exam.
SSC Multitasking exam is the most participated examination in the country by 10th standard pass candidates. Know in detail about the SSC MTS exam in the given link.
All those candidates who have cleared 10th standard and are aspiring for a good career in government job must start their preparation for SSC MTS 2020 by taking Free Online SSC Mock Tests.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern
Candidates preparing for the Multitasking staff exam conducted by SSC must be well versed with the latest SSC MTS Exam Pattern. The exam pattern of the SSC MTS exam is determined by the Staff Selection Commission itself.
The Commission conducts SSC MTS exam through two papers:
- SSC MTS Paper I is Objective Type test
- SSC MTS Paper-II is a descriptive test
The SSC MTS Exam pattern for both paper I and Paper II is highlighted below for candidates ease.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern Paper I
|SSC MTS Exam Pattern Paper I|
|Subjects||Marks||Number Of Questions||Total Duration General & PwD Candidates|
|General English||25||25||General- 90 Minutes
PwD- 120 Minutes
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25|
Important Points regarding SSC MTS Paper I Exam Pattern
- Paper I of MTS Exam has 4 sections namely General Intelligence and Reasoning, General English, General Awareness and Quantitative Aptitude.
- The SSC MTS Paper I will be bilingual i.e. both English and Hindi language, except the general English section.
- There are 100 questions in Paper I carrying 1 mark each and negative marking for each wrong attempt is 0.25 marks
- The total duration of SSC MTS Paper I is 90 minutes for the general candidates but for PwD candidates i.e. (cerebral palsy and visually handicapped) candidates the time duration is 120 minutes.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern Paper II
|SSC MTS Exam Pattern Paper II|
|Subject||Marks||Total Duration for General & PWD candidates|
|Short Essay/Letter in English Language or any language included in the 8th Schedule of the Constitution||50||General – 30 minutes
PwD – 40 minutes
Important Points related to SSC MTS Paper-II Exam Pattern
- Only candidates who qualify in SSC MTS paper I, are called to write Paper-II.
- Paper-II of SSC MTS exam is a descriptive paper of 50 marks. It tests the elementary language skills of the candidates.
- SSC MTS Paper-II is qualifying in nature i.e. it is mandatory to pass but the marks are not considered for final merit listing.
Candidates preparing for SSC MTS exam can go through the following relevant links:
SSC MTS Syllabus
Now that the candidates know and understand the latest exam pattern of the SSC MTS exam, we can move forward to the SSC MTS Syllabus.
Candidates preparing for the Multitasking Exam can go through the section-wise and topic-wise SSC MTS syllabus given below.
The sections and topics covered in each section of the SSC Multitasking Staff exam are as mentioned in the table:
|SSC MTS Syllabus|
|SSC MTS English Language Syllabus||SSC MTS General Reasoning Syllabus||SSC MTS Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus||SSC MTS General Awareness Syllabus|
Synonyms and Antonyms
Sentence correction. English writing ability
|Similarities & Differences,
Space Visualization, Problem Solving, Analysis,
Decision Making, Visual Memory, Observation, Relationship Concepts, Non-Verbal Series, Figure Classification, Analytical Functions etc.
Ratio and Proportion, Profit and Loss,
Time and Distance, Time and Work
Simple & Compound Interest,
Number Systems, Arithmetical Number Series, Arithmetical Operations,
Decimals and Fractions, Relationship between Numbers, Fundamental Use Of Tables and Graphs, Mensuration, etc.
Indian Constitution, Booker and National Awards, Award-Winning Books, Awards and Honors, History, Culture, Science, Inventions & Discoveries,
Financial and Economic News
For the writing ability in English language section candidates can go through the following links for assistance :
Further important topics of English section can be found on the English for Competitive exams page linked here. This page entails topics based on concepts and rules like:
- Rules for Prepositions
- Rules for Conjunctions
- Direct and Indirect speech rules
- Active and Passive Voice rules
- List of One-word substitution
- List of Degree of comparison and more.
Also, know the difference between precis and summary writing to avoid confusion or mistakes in the descriptive paper.
Aspirants can go through other difference between articles important for competitive exams point of view.
- Difference between beside and besides
- Difference between subject and predicate
- Difference between Phrase and Clause
- Difference Between Centre and Center
Candidates preparing for SSC MTS exam can check the following links for preparation:
For the preparation of the General Awareness section, candidates can check the SSC General Awareness page that comprises relevant GK topics in detail with the latest information.
Given below are important links to prepare for various sections and gain an edge over competitors:
- Maths Tricks and Shortcuts
- Sentence Correction Questions
- Tips to master error spotting
- Idioms and Phrases Question and Answers
Check 3 sutras to prepare for reasoning ability for SSC MTS as it is an important and major part of the syllabus.
For the preparation of quantitative aptitude and reasoning section please check the given links:
List of SSC MTS Books
To prepare effectively for the SSC MTS one must have a lot of reference books handy. SSC MTS books will help the candidates focus better on the subject matter at hand and ultimately score high marks in the exam.
The Section-wise reference books for MTS exam is given below:
|SSC MTS Booklist|
|Topic||SSC MTS Books||Author/Publication|
|Quantitative Aptitude||1. Fast-track Objective Arithmetic||Arihant Publications|
|2. Quickest Mathematics||Kiran Publication|
|3. Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R.S. Agarwal|
|4. Practice Book on Quicker Maths||M.Tyra & K. Kundan|
|English Language||1.Objective General English
2. From Plinth to Paramount
3. A Mirror of Common Errors
Dr. Ashok Kumar Singh
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||1.A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning
2.Test of Reasoning
|Dr R. S. Aggrawal
|General Awareness & Current Affairs||1. Lucent General Knowledge
2. Pratiyogita Darpan
3. Manorama yearbook
With a clear understanding of Staff Selection Commission MTS syllabus, latest exam pattern and the sound preparation strategy, it is possible for a candidate to crack the SSC MTS exam or any competitive exam with relative ease.
Also, check for the following relevant links for SSC MTS Syllabus: