The SSC Preparation is a tough task as the syllabi are comprehensive and competition is intensive. A lot of SSC Books are available both online and offline but opting for the best SSC study material decides the career of candidates appearing for SSC exams.
This article is curated to provide important details on the SSC exam preparation, study materials and best books for SSC which comprises previous years’ questions and notes on important topics, etc.
The SSC exams are conducted every year to recruit candidates for various posts in different departments, offices, organizations under the Government of India.
Every year there is an increase in the number of aspirants applying for these Exams. Candidates interested for various posts must take the SSC Preparation on a very serious note as this would help improve their success rate in the exam.
The SSC Preparation online in a proper way is very crucial as there are a lot of concepts across core subjects like General Intelligence & reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, General Knowledge, English language.
The SSC exam preparation strategies for the different exams are given below:
SSC CGL Preparation
The SSC Combined Graduate Level(CGL) Exam is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission.
SSC CGL Exam is conducted in 4 phases- SSC CGL Tier I, Tier II, Tier III, Tier IV.
The topics for these Tiers will be regarding Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness, Statistics, Economics and Finance, English language.
Candidates can visit the SSC CGL Mock test page to get free mock tests for the SSC CGL exam.
SSC CGL Books
Given below are some of the best books for SSC Preparation- CGL Exam:
SSC Books for Reasoning- CGL
|SSC Books- CGL||Author|
|Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S. Agarwal|
|Analytical reasoning||M.K Pandey|
|Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation||Arun Sharma|
SSC Book for Maths/Quantitative Aptitude-CGL
|SSC CGL Books||Author|
|SSC Mathematics||Rakesh Yadav|
|Quicker Maths||M Tyra|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||R.D Sharma|
SSC Books for General Awareness-CGL
|SSC CGL Books||Author|
|General Knowledge||Dr Binay Karna|
|Manorama Yearbook||Dr Binay Karna|
|NCERT – 6th to 10th Std Books||–|
Candidates can also check the Static GK page for various general knowledge topics relevant for SSC Exams.
SSC Books Statistics-CGL
|SSC CGL Books||Author|
|SSC CGL Statistics||J.K Chopra|
|Programmed Statistics||B.L Agarwal|
|SSC CGL Statistics Practice Book||Kiran|
SSC CGL Books-Economics and Finance
|SSC CGL Books||Author|
|SSC Economics||Arun Arora|
|NCERT Books on Economics||–|
|SSC CGL Finance & Economics Guide||Ramesh Editorial Board|
SSC CGL Books- English language
|SSC CGL Books||Author|
|Objective General English||S.P Bakshi|
|From Plinth to Paramount||Neetu Singh|
|A Mirror of Common Errors||Dr. Ashok Kumar Singh|
Candidates should go through the entire booklist and some other more good SSC study material for CGL exam preparation to get a good score in the SSC CGL Exam. They can also check SSC CGL Previous Year Papers for a better understanding of the scope and difficulty level of the exam.
Referring to the SSC CGL syllabus will impart the candidate a good amount of clear concepts on the various topics.
|SSC Mock Tests||SSC GD Exam||Online Quiz|
|SSC results||SSC CPO||SSC CPO Mock Test|
SSC JE Preparation
The SSC Junior Engineer (JE) Exam is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission.
The SSC JE Exam takes place in 2 stages-Paper I, Paper-II.
The important topics related to the SSC Preparation for JE Exam are- General Intelligence (Reasoning), General Awareness, Civil & Structural Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering.
The table below gives an idea on the best SSC books for JE Exam:
|Subject||SSC JE Books||Author/Publication|
|General Intelligence (Reasoning)||
|Civil & Structural Engineering||
Candidates should go through the SSC JE syllabus thoroughly to understand the topics in detail. Referring to the proper SSC study material and the best books for SSC exam preparation will help them score well in the SSC JE Exam.
SSC CHSL Preparation
The SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level(CHSL) Exam is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission.
SSC CHSL syllabus covers the topics related to English Language, General Intelligence, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness.
The subject wise relevant SSC books for CHSL Exam are:
|English Language||General Intelligence||Quantitative Aptitude||General Awareness|
|Objective General English by SP Bakshi||Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey||Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal||General Knowledge by Lucent Publication|
|Quick Learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal||Test of Reasoning by Edgar Thorpe||Fast Track by Rajesh Verma||Manorama Yearbook|
|Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis||A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal||Advance Maths by Rakesh Yadav||NCERT Books – Class X, XII|
Candidates for a better SSC exam preparation and to score well in the SSC CHSL exam are required to refer good SSC study material and all the SSC books mentioned-above.
For better SSC preparation, visit the SSC CHSL Mock test page to get free mock tests based on the latest SSC CHSL exam pattern.
SSC Preparation- Other Exams
- Candidates preparing for other SSC Exams with similar subjects mentioned above can refer to the same checklist of SSC books for scoring well.
- The other important aspects of these SSC Exams like Physical test, Data Entry & Typing Test also need to be focused on by numerous practices.
Candidates preparing for the SSC CPO exam can check SSC CPO Previous Year Question Papers to understand the pattern and scope of the CPO exam.
- Make a Time table: Aspirants in order to make their SSC Preparation more organized and disciplines should prepare a timetable. Once you understand ‘What to prepare?’, it is your turn to plan ‘How to prepare?’. Make a timetable with both short-term and long-term goals that would help you in preparing for SSC Exams
Set realistic goals that you can achieve. Block your study hours during those times of the day when you think you are the most productive & can concentrate better. Also, block more time as per the difficulty of the subject.
- Focus on Concepts: Aspirants should focus on concepts rather than adopting a rote learning technique. Focus on understanding the concepts throughout your SSC Exams Preparation. Basic concepts will help you to remember all the crucial concepts for a very long period of time. Moreover, with a clear understanding of the concepts, you can comfortably handle questions related to those concepts.
- Self-assessment: Aspirants must evaluate themselves time-to-time for effective SSC Exams Preparation. Evaluate and analyse your answer sheet once you take any test. Quickly scan through the questions for which you gave incorrect answers or could not answer. Do not forget to revise those topics quickly. Check your speed and accuracy while writing sample papers.
Sample papers help you to gain confidence and also help you to get used to writing exams. It also helps you to come up with your own strategy for attempting the questions. Avoid guesswork if there is negative marking in the competitive exam you are preparing for.
- Practice Previous Year Question Papers: Aspirants must prepare previous year question papers to know the exam pattern, difficulty level, topic-wise distribution of questions, marking scheme, etc. Solving previous year’s question papers will build their confidence and increase their question-solving skills.
- Mock Tests: Mock Tests play an important role in SSC Exams Preparation. However, candidates should attempt mock tests only after completing their entire syllabus. This will fine-tune their strategy and sharpen their time management skills. If possible try to give the online mock test, it will help you have a proper feel of the exam and how are you managing your time to solve the questions.
- Stay Positive and Confident: ‘Belief’ is a very powerful tool. You must believe in yourself and your SSC Exam Preparation. Spend 10-15 minutes before going off to sleep to quickly recap all that you learned throughout the day. A bit of physical exercise and meditation might help to improve concentration.Do not take stress throughout the entire SSC Exam Preparation time; in fact, stay away from stressful people. Each and every moment you must tell yourself, “I Can, I Will” and trust me you will do it!
8 Important Tips for SSC Preparation:
- Aspirants should check the SSC official website regularly and understand every detail of the exam they are preparing for.
- Candidates should always be focused on the SSC Official Notification for respective exams to get accurate exam details.
- Candidates should check all the required Eligibility Criteria like SSC eligibility qualification, etc to avoid making mistakes during the application.
- Candidates should always refer to the SSC syllabus while making their notes for the exams to understand the topics in a better way.
- Candidates applying for SSC online should keep referring to the exact dates and any changes for the same in the official website.
- For information on the various SSC recruitment, candidates should focus on the current and previous years’ details on the vacancies to understand the competition pattern and prepare in a better way to crack the exam.
- SSC admit card for various exams needs to be downloaded on the exact dates mentioned.
- SSC exam dates keep changing frequently, therefore need great attention from the candidates’ part.
Check details related to Government exams after 12th in the given link. Also, Candidates can also go through the important government exams for relevant information:
|Bank Exams||Insurance Exams|
|RRB Exams||UPSC CAPF Exam|