The recruitment process SSC GD 2020 exam is expected to start anytime soon as the exam dates for GD 2020 are announced. The SSC GD exam is the General Duty Constable examination conducted annually by the Staff Selection Commission for the recruitment of eligible personnel in various Government departments and Ministries of the country.
Check out details of other SSC Exams conducted by the commission.
SSC General Duty Constable Exam Update:
SSC GD Exam Admit Card for RME released! The Review Medical Exam Admit Card is made available on the CRPF website from 9th September 2020. The commission will conduct the SSC GD RME 2018 Exam from 14th September to 10th November 2020. Candidates can check the detailed information on SSC GD Medical Exam Admit Card 2018 on the linked page.
Previously, the commission announced the release of admit card for SSC GD DME 2018. The SSC GD medical Examination for 1724 shortlisted candidates was scheduled from August 24th to September 10th 2020.
SSC GD Exam 2020 – SSC released the exam dates for SSC GD Constable 2020 examination on July 21st 2020. As per the notice, the exam for GD Constable 2020 is scheduled from November 27th 2020 onwards. Candidates can check the detailed information on dates in the SSC GD Exam Date page linked here.
Candidates can check SSC Exam Dates for further information regarding the dates of all SSC exams.
An independent body, NRA, has been approved by the Union Cabinet to conduct a Common Eligibility Test (CET) for recruitment of candidates to various Non-Technical and Non-Gazetted (Group B & C) posts under IBPS, RRB and SSC. Aspirants for Government exams can check the National Recruitment Agency page for more details.
Table of Contents:
- SSC GD Recruitment
- SSC GD Exam Dates
- SSC GD Notification
- SSC GD Vacancy
- SSC GD Apply Online & Application Fee
- SSC GD Exam Pattern
- SSC GD Syllabus
- SSC GD Eligibility Criteria
- SSC GD Admit Card
- SSC GD Result
SSC General Duty Constable Exam 2020
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) administers the SSC GD exam every calendar year to recruit eligible candidates for the posts of Constable (General Duty) in Border Security Force (BSF), Secretariat Security Force (SSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), National Investigation Agency (NIA), Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and Rifleman (General Duty) in Assam Rifles.
SSC GD Recruitment 2019 – 2020
Every year the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) offers a golden opportunity to millions of aspirants across India by conducting an SSC GD recruitment drive for hiring new entrants for the posts of Constables (General Duty) in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), NIA & SSF and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles (AR) from various States/ Union Territories across India.
The SSC GD full form is Staff Selection Commission, General Duty. The recruitment scheme is developed by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) as per the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between SSC and the Ministry of Home Affairs.
The recruitment process for the SSC GD Constable exam consists of Computer-Based Examination (CBE), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Physical Standard Test (PST) and Detailed Medical Examination (DME). To know more about the recruitment process of other SSC Exams, visit our SSC Recruitment page
Candidates who are interested to apply for the SSC Constable (GD) exam 2020 are required to visit the SSC official website of SSC (ssc.nic.in) for online registration of the competitive exam. Or, candidates should ‘click here to apply’ link provided at (www.ssc.nic.in>Apply>GD-Constable).
The entire procedure for online submission of applications is updated in the Annexure-III section of the SSC GD Notification.
SSC GD Exam Dates
The official SSC GD Notification for the year 2020 is expected to release by September/October 2020.
Here’s an approximation table comprising SSC GD Exam 2020 details and important dates (tentative).
|SSC GD Exam 2020 Highlights|
|Name of Recruitment Exam||SSC GD Constable Exam 2020|
|Conducted by||Staff Selection Commission|
|SSC GD Notification 2020||September/October 2020(tentative)|
|SSC GD Vacancy||To be announced via SSC GD Notification|
|Start Date for Receipt of Online Application||September/October 2020 (tentative)|
|Last Date of Receipt of Application||October 2020 (tentative)|
|SSC GD Admit Card on the official website (ssc.nic.in)||To be announced|
|SSC GD Exam Date||November 27th 2020 onward|
|SSC GD Result||To be notified|
SSC conducted the last SSC GD exam for the 2018- 2019, information related to the same is discussed. The important SSC GD exam dates of the year 2018 are listed as below:
|SSC GD 2018 Exam Dates|
|Name of Event||Date|
|Release of SSC GD Notification 2018-19||July 24, 2018|
|Start Date of SSC GD Online Registration||August 17, 2018|
|Closure Date of SSC GD Registration||September 30, 2018 (5.00 P.M.)|
|Closure Date of Online Fee Payment||October 3, 2018 (5.00 P.M.)|
|Download of SSC GD Admit Card||February 4, 2019|
|SSC GD (Computer-Based Exam) Exam Date||11 February 2019 – 11 March 2019|
|SSC GD Result (CBE) declared on||June 20, 2019|
|SSC GD Medical Exam 2018||August 24th 2020 to September 10th 2020|
Further details can be checked on the SSC GD Exam Date page linked here.
SSC GD Notification
The Notification of SSC GD 2020 will be released anytime soon as SSC has given the exam dates from November 2020. Candidates can bookmark this article in order to stay updated about the latest information regarding the SSC Constable (GD) Exam. In the meantime, check the information related to SSC GD 2018-2019 notification.
On 24th July 2018, Staff Selection Commission officially released the SSC GD Notification for the 2018-19 exam to recruit fresh entrants for the post of Constables (General Duty) in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), NIA & SSF and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles (AR).
SSC GD Exam 2018-2019 updates-
- Medical exam Admit Card for 2018 examination is released to conduct the examination from August 24th 2020 onward. Earlier, on July 22nd the commission announced that the new dates for Review Medical Exam and Detailed Medical Exam 2018 will be announced after the situation of prevailing Corona Virus pandemic is improved.
- The Staff Selection Commission, on March 23rd, notified stating that all SSC GD Medical Examination 2018 are postponed to cater to the emergent state of affairs. The exam was scheduled to happen from 9 January 2020 to 13th January 2020.
Detailed information can be checked on the SSC GD notification page.
The SSC GD salary for this post is Rs. 21700- 69100/-. You can download the official SSC GD Notification for easy reference. Candidates can go through the detailed SSC GD Salary Structure on the linked page.
To get more information about other SSC Exams, visit the SSC Notification page
SSC GD Vacancy
The SSC announced a total number of 54,953 tentative vacancies for the SSC GD post through the initial official notification. On 10th April 2019, the tentative vacancy of this post was revised through an addendum and the total number of SSC GD vacancies for 2018-19 exam incremented up to 58,373 positions in total. Check the attachment below to understand the total number of vacancies for the SSC GD post.
SSC GD Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are willing to appear for the SSC Constable (GD) exam 2020 are required to check the SSC GD eligibility criteria prior to filling up the Application Form. There are certain SSC GD requirements that a candidate has to fulfil before applying for SSC GD Post.
The Key SSC GD Eligibility Criteria that candidates must adhere to are as follows:
- Educational Qualifications: Candidates must hold the essential educational qualification as on 1st August, 2018 i.e, Matriculation or 10th class pass from a recognized Board/ University before applying for the GD post.
- Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen. For migrated candidates, they must submit domicile/ PRC against his/ her state/ UT.
- Age Limit: The candidates who took the SSC GD exam 2018-19 should fulfil the age requirement of 18-23 years as on 1st August 2018, which implies that they should not have been born earlier than 2nd August 1995 and later than 1st August 2000.
- Age Relaxation: There is an age relaxation in the upper age limit for SC, ST, OBC, Ex-Servicemen and other categories of persons based on the Government’s orders.
The age relaxation codes for the different categories of candidates are listed below:
|SSC GD Age Relaxation|
|Code Number||Category||Permissible Age Relaxation|
|01||SC/ ST||5 years|
|03||Ex-Servicemen||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the date of reckoning.|
|04||Children and dependents of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (Unreserved)||5 years|
|05||Children and dependents of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (OBC)||8 years|
|06||Children and dependents of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (SC/ ST)||10 years|
|07||Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st Jan 1980 to 31st Dec 1989.||5 years|
SSC GD Apply Online
The SSC GD 2020 online apply procedure will commence after the release of 2020 recruitment notification. The online application procedure is discussed for reference. Keep track of SSC GD Application Form page for relevant details.
Candidates willing to take the SSC GS exam are required to apply for SSC GD online from through the SSC official website (ssconline.nic.in) or ‘Click here to apply’ link provided at ssc.nic.in>Apply>GD-Constable.
It is imperative for candidates to read the instructions thoroughly before proceeding with the SSC GD online one time ‘Registration Form’/ Application Form.
Applicants should provide all the requisite details while filling up the SSC GD Online Application Form. The Registration ID and password will be provided once the SSC GD Online Form is submitted. This would be the permanent Registration ID and Password which is required to apply for this exam.
SSC GD Application Fee
The application fee details for SSC GD Exam are given below:
|SSC GD Exam Application Fee Details|
|General (Male)||Rs 100/-|
|Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe||Exempted|
Further information on the SSC GD Online Application process is given in detail in the linked page.
Candidates willing to apply for SSC GD Constable 2020 exam must check the following links for preparation.
- SSC GD Mock Tests
- Static GK
- Daily Current Affairs
- SSC General Awareness
- English For Competitive Exams
- Free Online Quiz for Government exams
The SSC GD Exam pattern is decided by the commission itself. Candidates willing to appear for SSC GD 2020 must be thorough with the exam pattern of SSC GD Constable exam. SSC follows a fixed pattern for SSC GD exam and mentions it in detail in the official notification. Any changes in the exam pattern of SSC GD 2020 will also be notified by the commission.
The exam pattern of SSC GD is divided into four stages:
- Computer-Based Examination (CBE)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Detailed Medical Examination (DME)
Given below is a detailed look into each of these stages:
- Computer-Based Examination (CBE): This is an online test which consists of objective-type questions and multiple-choice questions which has four sections:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Knowledge and General Awareness
- Elementary Mathematics
- English/ Hindi
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET): This test assesses the candidate’s physical fitness on the basis of height parameters and he/ she needs to undergo PET (race) which is followed by biometric/ technology-aided identification test.
- Physical Standard Test (PST): This test evaluates the physical standards of the candidates on the basis of three factors – height, chest and weight.
- Detailed Medical Examination (DME): Shortlisted candidates who pass the PET and PST are required to go through a detailed medical examination and are medically examined by the Medical Boards constituted by the CAPFs to assess their physical and medical fitness.
SSC GD Syllabus
The SSC GD syllabus 2018-19 comprises a Computer-Based Examination (CBE) which includes an objective-type paper of 100 marks, which needs to be answered in a duration of 90 minutes.
The SSC GD Syllabus is given below:
|SSC GD Syllabus 2018-2019|
|Parts||Section Name||Total No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|Part A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25||90 minutes|
|Part B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||25||25|
|Part C||Elementary Mathematics||25||25|
|Part D||English/ Hindi||25||25|
Given below are the topics under each section:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: It mainly consists of basic topics like arithmetical reasoning, problem-solving, number series, analogies, coding-decoding and figures classification, etc.
- General Awareness: Under this section, the topics consist of Scientific Research, Geography, General Polity, Culture, History, etc. Candidates can check various Static GK topics for their preparation.
- Elementary Mathematics: In this section, it includes topics like averages, decimals and fractions, mensuration, ratio and proportion, time and distance, etc.
- English/Hindi: This includes specific topics pertaining to a language and tests the grammatical and comprehension skills of the candidates.
Aspirants of SSC GD 2020 should check the following pages for comprehensive preparation:
SSC GD Syllabus 2020:-
Also, check SSC Syllabus for detailed syllabus of all examinations.
SSC GD Preparation
SSC GD Constable exam is one of the most sought-after exams for aspirants whose dream is to get recruited into the various organizations, Ministries, departments under the Government of India.
The SSC GD Preparation online in a proper way is very crucial as there are a lot of concepts across core subjects like General Intelligence & reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, General Knowledge, English language. Check out important SSC GD Books for reference.
Candidates aspiring to appear for SSC GD 2020 exam must go through the following simple yet effective tips for SSC GD 2020 Preparation:
- By heart the SSC GD Syllabus. It is important to have a clear idea about the syllabus and the exam pattern before starting the preparation
- Prepare a proper study plan and collect the best study materials for GD exam preparation. A systematic study plan will ensure that equal time is spent on the preparation of each topic. The syllabus for all SSC exams are almost similar, so you can pick some helpful study material from the SSC preparation page.
- Refer to the previous year question papers and apprehend the type of questions asked in the exam. It will also help in understanding the standard and difficulty level of the exam.
- Similarly, solving Free online mock tests will also be very helpful. Practising mock tests regularly will enable aspirants to attempt more questions in the exam with more confidence.
- If not sure of being able to prepare for the SSC GD exam all by yourself, look for some help such as coaching centres, online portals, etc.
- Candidates who are willing to prepare for the SSC GD 2020 exam, can check the Tips to prepare for SSC exams without Coaching at the linked article.
Also, check how to start SSC Exam Preparation?
SSC GD Admit Card
Applicants who take the SSC GD exam need to download the SSC GD Admit Card from the SSC official website (ssc.nic.in) after satisfying all the SSC GD requirements in terms of eligibility. While downloading the Call Letter, they need to check the website and click on the SSC GD Admit Card link and enter the relevant credentials such as Registration Number and Date of Birth (DoB). It is recommended for applicants to retain a copy of the document which they should carry to the exam centre without fail, along with a Passport-size photo affixed on it on the exam day.
To know more about the admit cards of other SSC Exams, visit the SSC Admit Card page
SSC GD Result
Generally, the Staff Selection Commission usually announces the SSC GD result on the SSC official website (ssc.nic.in) which is declared once the exam is over.
Important: SSC GD final list of candidates shortlisted for Detailed Medical Exam 2018-2019 has finally released. Candidates can check the SSC GD PET/PST revised result in the PDF attached below.
SSC GD Result for Medical exam 2018-2019(Male List): Download PDF Here
SSC GD Result for Medical exam 2018-2019(Female List): Download PDF Here
The SSC declared SSC GD Constable Result 2018-19 for CBE on 20th June 2019. More than 5 Lakh candidates were shortlisted for PST/PET Round out of which 4,65,632 are male candidates and 68,420 are female candidates. Candidates can check the detailed information on SSC GD Result in the linked page.
For details on the result of other exams by the commission, check SSC Results page.
SSC GD Cut Off
SSC GD Cut Off marks are fixed by the commission based on some factors and candidates are required to score equal or above the fixed SSC GD Cut Off marks. As SSC GD 2020 recruitment is yet to start the SSC GD constable cut off marks 2018 for candidates reference is given below.
Highlights of SSC GD Cut Off 2018-2019
- A total number of 30,41,284 candidates appeared for the SSC GD 2018 examination conducted from February 11, 2019, to March 11, 2019.
- Candidates have been shortlisted in an approximate ratio of 1:10 (vacancy: candidates) for PET/ PST.
- SC/ST/OBC candidates securing less than 33% marks and Ex-Servicemen and General candidates securing less than 35% marks are considered eligible for short-listing to the PET/ PST.
- Candidates are shortlisted for PET/PST based on normalised marks scored by candidates in CBE.
- Similarly, the Final merit list and candidate selection will also be made on the basis of normalized marks.
Further information on year-wise and category-wise SSC GD Cut Off is given on the linked page.
Also, check SSC Cut Off to know the cut off trends of various SSC exams.
Have you been wondering how to start your SSC preparation for the GD exam effectively? Check out BYJU’S study materials, which are comprehensive and well-structured in nature and designed according to the latest exam pattern set by SSC. Keep an eye on this space for more such useful content on SSC exams and Government exams.
Candidates aspiring to appear for IAS Exam can check the linked page for relevant information.
Frequently Asked Question – SSC GD Constable Exam
Q.1. What is the minimum qualification that a candidate must have before applying for SSC GD exam?
Q.2. What is the pay scale offered to candidates who clear the SSC GD exam?
Q.3. Is the Medical Exam of SSC GD expected to be cancelled?
Q.4. What are the total SSC GD vacancies for the year 2018?
Q.5. Is there negative marking for rrong attempts in SSC GD Constable exam?
Q 6. What is the expected Cut-off for SSC GD 2019 exam?
Ans. The expected Cut-off for SSC GD Constable 2018-2019 examination is as mentioned below:
- Schedule Tribe – 55 – 65 Marks.
- Schedule Caste – 60 – 70 Marks.
- OBC – 70 – 75 Marks
- General – 75- 80- Marks.