The recruitment process SSC GD 2020 exam is yet to be announced by the commission. The SSC GD exam is the General Duty Constable examination conducted annually for the recruitment of eligible personnel in various Government departments and Ministries of the country.
SSC General Duty Constable Exam Update:
SSC GD Medical Exam 2018 new dates expected soon! The Staff Selection Commission, on May 21st, notified that it is going to releases new exam dates on June 1st for all the SSC exams after assessing the situation amid Coronavirus outbreak.
Earlier, the commission released a notification on March 23rd stating that all SSC GD Medical Examination 2018 are postponed to cater the emergent state of affairs.
- The Review Medical Examination (RME) scheduled to be conducted from March 24 to April 30, 2020.
- The Detailed Medical Examination (DME) scheduled to be conducted from March 23 to 30, 2020
- The Detailed Medical Examination (DME) scheduled to be held from March 26 to April 7, 2020.
Candidates can check the detailed SSC GD Medical Exam postponement notification below:
SSC General Duty Constable Exam 2020
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) administers the SSC GD exam every calendar year to recruit eligible candidates for the posts of Constable (General Duty) in Border Security Force (BSF), Secretariat Security Force (SSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), National Investigation Agency (NIA), Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) and Rifleman (General Duty) in Assam Rifles.
Staff Selection Commission had shortlisted 19,734 additional candidates for conducting PET/PST in order to fill up increased vacancies of CAPFs. Candidates can check the full information below:
The Final List of Both Male and Female candidates shortlisted for SSC GD Constable Medical Examination 2018-2019 is released by SSC. Candidates can check the details for SSC GD Constable PET/PST results at the bottom of the page.
SSC has also released the exam date for SSC GD Constable Medical examination 2018-19. The detailed medical examination of the candidates who qualified the PET/PST test is scheduled to happen from 9 January 2020 to 13th January 2020.
The SSC GD full form is Staff Selection Commission General Duty. The recruitment scheme is developed by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) as per the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between SSC and the Ministry of Home Affairs.
The recruitment process for the SSC GD Constable exam consists of Computer-Based Examination (CBE), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Physical Standard Test (PST) and Detailed Medical Examination (DME).
To know more about other SSC Exams, visit the linked article.
Table of Contents:
- SSC GD Recruitment
- SSC GD Exam Dates
- SSC GD Notification
- SSC GD Vacancy
- SSC GD Apply Online & Application Fee
- SSC GD Exam Pattern
- SSC GD Syllabus
- SSC GD Eligibility Criteria
- SSC GD Admit Card
- SSC GD Result
SSC GD Recruitment 2019 – 2020
Every year the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) offers a golden opportunity to millions of aspirants across India by conducting an SSC GD recruitment drive for hiring new entrants for the posts of Constables (General Duty) in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), NIA & SSF and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles (AR) from various States/ Union Territories across India.
Candidates who are interested to apply for the SSC Constable (GD) exam 2020 are required to visit the SSC official website of SSC (ssc.nic.in) for online registration of the competitive exam. Or, candidates should ‘click here to apply’ link provided at (www.ssc.nic.in>Apply>GD-Constable).
The entire procedure for online submission of applications is updated in the Annexure-III section of the SSC GD Notification. You can check the SSC GD Notification at the linked article.
To know more about the recruitment process of other SSC Exams, visit our SSC Recruitment page
SSC GD Exam Dates
The official SSC GD Notification for the year 2020 has not been released yet. SSC conducted the last SSC GD exam for the 2018- 2019, information related to the same is discussed.
Here’s an approximation table comprising of SSC GD Exam 2019 – 2020 Details and Important Dates (tentative) based on prior years’ dates:
|SSC GD Exam 2019 – 2020 Highlights|
|Name of Recruitment Exam||SSC GD Constable Exam 2019|
|Conducted by||Staff Selection Commission|
|SSC GD Notification 2019||December 2019 – January 2020(tentative)|
|SSC GD Vacancy||To be announced via SSC GD Notification|
|Start Date for Receipt of Online Application||January – February 2020 (tentative)|
|Last Date of Receipt of Application||February to March 2020 (tentative)|
|SSC GD Admit Card on the official website (ssc.nic.in)||May 2020 (tentative)|
|SSC GD Exam Date||July 2020 (tentative)|
|SSC GD Result||August 2020 (tentative)|
The important SSC GD exam dates of the year 2018 are listed as below:
|SSC GD 2018 Exam Dates|
|Name of Event||Date|
|Release of SSC GD Notification 2018-19||July 24, 2018|
|Start Date of SSC GD Online Registration||August 17, 2018|
|Closure Date of SSC GD Registration||September 30, 2018 (5.00 P.M.)|
|Closure Date of Online Fee Payment||October 3, 2018 (5.00 P.M.)|
|Download of SSC GD Admit Card||February 4, 2019|
|SSC GD (Computer-Based Exam) Exam Date||11 February 2019 – 11 March 2019|
|SSC GD Result (CBE) declared on||June 20, 2019|
|SSC GD Medical Exam 2018||May/June 2020 (tentative)|
Get more details on other upcoming Government Exams by visiting the linked article.
SSC GD Notification
On 24th July 2018, Staff Selection Commission officially released the SSC GD Notification for the 2018-19 exam to recruit fresh entrants for the post of Constables (General Duty) in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs), NIA & SSF and Rifleman (GD) in Assam Rifles (AR). According to the notification, the application procedure closed on September 30, 2018 (5.00 P.M.). The SSC GD salary for this post is Rs. 21700- 69100/-. You can download the official SSC GD Notification for easy reference.
To get more information about other SSC Exams, visit the SSC Notification page
The SSC GD Notification 2019-2020 is yet to be released. Candidates can bookmark this article in order to stay updated about the latest information regarding the SSC Constable (GD) Exam.
SSC GD Vacancy
The SSC announced a total number of 54,953 tentative vacancies for the SSC GD post through the initial official notification. On 10th April 2019, the tentative vacancy of this post was revised through an addendum and the total number of SSC GD vacancies for 2018-19 exam incremented upto 58,373 positions in total. Check the attachment below to understand the total number of vacancies for the SSC GD post.
SSC GD Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who appear for the SSC Constable (GD) exam 2020 are required to check the SSC GD eligibility criteria prior to filling up the Application Form. There are certain SSC GD requirements that a candidate has to fulfill before applying for SSC GD Post.
The Key SSC GD Eligibility Criteria that candidates must adhere to are as follows:
- Educational Qualifications: Candidates must hold the essential educational qualification as on 1st August, 2018 i.e, Matriculation or 10th class pass from a recognized Board/ University before applying for the GD post.
- Nationality: The candidate must be an Indian citizen. For migrated candidates, they must submit domicile/ PRC against his/ her state/ UT.
- Age Limit: The candidates who took the SSC GD exam 2018-19 should fulfil the age requirement of 18-23 years as on 1st August 2018, which implies that they should not have been born earlier than 2nd August 1995 and later than 1st August 2000.
- Age Relaxation: There is an age relaxation in the upper age limit for SC, ST, OBC, Ex-Servicemen and other categories of persons based on the Government’s orders.
The age relaxation codes for the different categories of candidates are listed below:
|SSC GD Age Relaxation|
|Code Number||Category||Permissible Age Relaxation|
|01||SC/ ST||5 years|
|03||Ex-Servicemen||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the date of reckoning.|
|04||Children and dependents of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (Unreserved)||5 years|
|05||Children and dependents of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (OBC)||8 years|
|06||Children and dependents of victims killed in the 1984 riots or communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat (SC/ ST)||10 years|
|07||Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st Jan 1980 to 31st Dec 1989.||5 years|
SSC GD Apply Online
The SSC GD 2020 online apply procedure will commence after the release of 2020 recruitment notification. The last recruitment process was for SSC GD 2018. The online application procedure for the same is discussed for reference.
The SSC GD apply online process commenced from August 17, 2018, and continued up to September 30, 2018 (until 5.00 P.M.). Candidates willing to take the SSC GS exam are required to apply for SSC GD online from through the SSC official website (ssconline.nic.in) or ‘Click here to apply’ link provided at ssc.nic.in>Apply>GD-Constable. It is imperative for candidates to read the instructions thoroughly before proceeding with the SSC GD online one time ‘Registration Form’/ Application Form.
Applicants should provide all the requisite details while filling up the SSC GD Online Application Form. The Registration ID and password will be provided once the SSC GD Online Form is submitted. Candidates should mandatorily note down the Registration ID and password and retain it safely for future reference. This would be the permanent Registration ID and Password which is required to apply for this exam as well as any other recruitment examination of the Commission.
After submission of the Registration Form, an applicant is required to follow the below guidelines:
- Upload his/ her latest color photograph and signature as part of the recruitment process.
- The signature and photograph should be uploaded in JPG format.
- The digital size of the photo should be more than 4 KB and less than 20 KB.
- The digital size of the signature should be more than 1 KB and less than 12 KB.
In case of any discrepancy in ‘One-time registration’ data that has been filled by a candidate, the Commission allows editing/ modifying the information furnished such as:
- Candidate’s Name
- Father’s/ Mother’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Matriculation details like Roll Number, Enrollment Number, etc.
Note: Applications that carry a blurred/ hazy picture or signature are liable to be rejected.
SSC GD Application Fee
The application fee details for SSC GD Exam are given below:
|SSC GD Exam Application Fee Details|
|General (Male)||Rs 100/-|
|Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe||Exempted|
Candidates need to pay an Application fee of Rs 100/- (Rs. One hundred only) through any of the following payment modes like:
- SBI Challan
- SBI Net Banking
- Visa Card
- Maestro Credit
- Debit card
The SSC GD Exam pattern is decided by the commission itself. Candidates willing to appear for SSC GD 2020 must be thorough with the exam pattern of SSC GD Constable exam. SSC follows a fixed pattern for SSC GD exam and mentions it in detail in the official notification. Any changes in the exam pattern of SSC GD 2020 will also be notified by the commission.
The exam pattern of SSC GD is divided into four stages:
- Computer-Based Examination (CBE)
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Detailed Medical Examination (DME)
Given below is a detailed look into each of these stages:
- Computer-Based Examination (CBE): This is an online test which consists of objective-type questions and multiple-choice questions which has four sections:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Knowledge and General Awareness
- Elementary Mathematics
- English/ Hindi
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET): This test assesses the candidate’s physical fitness on the basis of height parameters and he/ she needs to undergo PET (race) which is followed by biometric/ technology-aided identification test.
- Physical Standard Test (PST): This test evaluates the physical standards of the candidates on the basis of three factors – height, chest and weight.
- Detailed Medical Examination (DME): Shortlisted candidates who pass the PET and PST are required to go through a detailed medical examination and are medically examined by the Medical Boards constituted by the CAPFs to assess their physical and medical fitness.
SSC GD Syllabus
The SSC GD syllabus 2018-19 comprises a Computer-Based Examination (CBE) which includes an objective-type paper of 100 marks which needs to be answered in a duration of 90 minutes.
The SSC GD Syllabus is given below:
|SSC GD Syllabus 2018-2019|
|Parts||Section Name||Total No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration|
|Part A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||25||90 minutes|
|Part B||General Knowledge and General Awareness||25||25|
|Part C||Elementary Mathematics||25||25|
|Part D||English/ Hindi||25||25|
Given below are the topics under each section:
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: It mainly consists of basic topics like arithmetical reasoning, problem-solving, number series, analogies, coding-decoding and figures classification, etc.
- General Awareness: Under this section, the topics consists of Scientific Research, Geography, General Polity, Culture, History, etc. Candidates can check various Static GK topics for their preparation.
- Elementary Mathematics: In this section, it includes topics like averages, decimals and fractions, mensuration, ratio and proportion, time and distance, etc.
- English/Hindi: This includes specific topics pertaining to a language and tests the grammatical and comprehension skills of the candidates.
SSC GD Syllabus 2018-19:-
SSC GD Preparation
SSC GD Constable exam is one of the most sought-after exams for aspirants whose dream is to get recruited into the various organizations, Ministries, departments under the Government of India.
The SSC GD Preparation online in a proper way is very crucial as there are a lot of concepts across core subjects like General Intelligence & reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, General Knowledge, English language.
Candidates aspiring to appear for SSC GD 2020 exam must go through the following simple yet effective tips for SSC GD 2020 Preparation:
- By heart the SSC GD Syllabus. It is important to have a clear idea about the syllabus and the exam pattern before starting the preparation
- Prepare a proper study plan and collect the best study materials for GD exam preparation. A systematic study plan will ensure that equal time is spent on the preparation of each topic. The syllabus for all SSC exams are almost similar, so you can pick some helpful study material from the SSC preparation page.
- Refer to the previous year question papers and apprehend the type of questions asked in the exam. It will also help in understanding the standard and difficulty level of the exam.
- Similarly, solving Free online mock tests will also be very helpful. Practising mock tests regularly will enable aspirants to attempt more questions in the exam with more confidence.
- If not sure of being able to prepare for the SSC GD exam all by yourself, look for some help such as coaching centres, online portals, etc.
- And candidates who are willing to prepare for the SSC GD 2020 exam, they can check the Tips to prepare for SSC exams without Coaching at the linked article.
SSC GD Admit Card
Applicants who take the SSC GD exam need to download the SSC GD Admit Card from the SSC official website (ssc.nic.in) after satisfying all the SSC GD requirements in terms of eligibility. While downloading the Call Letter, they need to check the website and click on the SSC GD Admit Card link and enter the relevant credentials such as Registration Number and Date of Birth (DoB). It is recommended for applicants to retain a copy of the document which they should carry to the exam center without fail along with a Passport-size photo affixed on it on the exam day.
To know more about the admit cards of other SSC Exams, visit the SSC Admit Card page
SSC GD Result
Generally, the Staff Selection Commission usually announces the SSC GD result on the SSC official website (ssc.nic.in) which is declared once the exam is over.
Important: SSC GD final list of candidates shortlisted for Detailed Medical Exam 2018-2019 has finally released. Candidates can check the SSC GD PET/PST revised result in the PDF attached below.
SSC GD Result for Medical exam 2018-2019(Male List): Download PDF Here
SSC GD Result for Medical exam 2018-2019(Female List): Download PDF Here
The SSC declared SSC GD Constable Result 2018-19 for CBE on 20th June 2019. More than 5 Lakh candidates were shortlisted for PST/PET Round out of which 4,65,632 are male candidates and 68,420 are female candidates.
The Commission is likely to announce the exam date of SSC Constable (GD )PET/ PST 2018-19 soon. The admit cards will be uploaded on the official website shortly. The Call letters for PET/ PST exam will be issued by the Nodal CAPF i.e. CRPF and will be organized by the CAPFs.
The SSC Constable (GD) Marks 2018-19 will be made available on the official website within 15 days from the result declaration date i.e. 20th June 2019.
Have you been wondering how to start your SSC preparation for the GD exam effectively? Check out BYJU’S study materials which are comprehensive and well-structured in nature and designed according to the latest exam pattern set by SSC. Keep an eye on this space for more such useful content on SSC exams and Government exams.
Frequently Asked Question – SSC GD Constable Exam
Q.1. What is the minimum qualification that a candidate must have before applying for SSC GD exam?
Q.2. What is the pay scale offered to candidates who clear the SSC GD exam?
Q.3. Is the Medical Exam of SSC GD expected to be cancelled?
Q.4. What are the total SSC GD vacancies for the year 2018?
Q.5. Is there negative marking for Wrong attempts in SSC GD Constable exam?
Q 6. What is the expected Cut-off for SSC GD 2019 exam?
Ans. The expected Cut-off for SSC GD Constable 2018-2019 examination is as mentioned below:
- Schedule Tribe – 55 – 65 Marks.
- Schedule Caste – 60 – 70 Marks.
- OBC – 70 – 75 Marks
- General – 75- 80- Marks.