The Staff Selection Commission General Duty(GD) exam comes under the Ministry of Home Affairs. The recruitment is conducted annually and lakhs of candidates wish to pursue a career in SSC.
Since the department, comes under the Ministry of Home Affairs, the SSC GD salary is also quite high. The basic pay scale for SSC GD varies from Rs.21,700 to Rs.69,100. This is one important reason why candidates pick SSC GD as a career option.
The SSC GD exam is conducted for various posts:
- Constable GD in Border Security Force
- Constable GD in Secretariat Security Force
- Constable GD in Central Industrial Security Force
- Constable GD in National Investigation Agency
- Constable GD in Indo Tibetan Border Police Force
- Constable GD in Sashastra Seema Bal
- Constable GD in Central Reserve Police Force
- Rifleman GD in Assam Rifles
Candidates willing to apply for the SSC GD exam can visit the linked article for detailed information regarding exam pattern, vacancy, recruitment procedure, etc.
SSC GD Salary Structure
The SSC GD salary structure varies for different posts in SSC GD. The SSC GD salary for various General Duty Constables is as given below:
|SSC GD Salary|
|Basic SSC GD Salary||Rs. 21,700|
|House Rent Allowance||2538|
|Total Earnings||Rs. 25,896|
|Net Earnings||Rs. 23, 527|
Other than the above-mentioned salary, SSC GD salary also comprises various other benefits and allowances, which include:
- Transportation Allowance
- Medical Facilities
- Pension schemes
- Annual paid leaves
- Security allowances
- Field allowances
Aspirants willing to apply for other government exams can visit the linked article for detailed information.
SSC GD Job Profile & Career Growth
Since the SSC GD salary is high, the duties and responsibilities are also higher. The data below gives details regarding the job profile for constables in SSC GD:
- SSC GD is initially appointed as a guard or escort
- GD constable is supposed to supervise all the tasks and duties in the absence of Sub-inspector and Assistant Sub-inspector
- GD constables may even get cases for investigations
- SSC GD Constable has to work under the supervision of SHO and follow his instructions
Once an SSC GD Constable is promoted, he is appointed as a Senior Head Constable and may have to take charge of a police station. The SSC GD salary also increases with the promotion in posts.
SSC GD Constable can further be promoted to the post of:
- Senior Constable
- Head Constable
- Assistant Sub Inspector
- Sub Inspector
The total SSC GD salary is inclusive of all the allowance provided by the Ministry. Candidates can visit the SSC exams page for more details regarding the exam.
Candidates appearing for the Civil services exam can check the IAS salary at the linked article.