JAIIB 2020 – JAIIB Exam is conducted by the Indian Institute of Banking & Finance. IIBF is the authoritative body that holds the recruitment of Junior Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers exam biannually. This article aims to discuss various aspects of the JAIIB exam 2020.
JAIIB Exam Updates-
- The IIBF has postponed the JAIIB exam 2020. The examination was scheduled to be conducted from November 1st onwards. As per the new schedule, JAIIB exam date is from December 6th onwards. Check the detailed JAIIB exam dates here.
Aspirants of various Government exams can check the link for updates on upcoming examinations.
|Are you an aspirant of the JAIIB exam? Refer the links below for preparation and ace the upcoming JAIIB exam –|
JAIIB stands for Junior Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers. IIBF administers the JAIIB exam twice in a year in May and November.
JAIIB is a (flagship course) an Associate examination by IIBF which is only applicable to the ordinary members of the Institute.
For detailed information on the Indian Institute of Banking & Finance and to know about other exams conducted by it, check the linked article.
JAIIB exam aims at providing a required level of basic knowledge in banking and financial services, banking technology, customer relations, basic accountancy and legal aspects necessary for carrying out day to day banking operations. The exam leverages both personal and professional growth.
Interested Bankers can check the JAIIB eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus and other miscellaneous information.
JAIIB Exam Dates
IIBF announces JAIIB exam dates with the release of notification. The JAIIB exam scheduled in May 2020 was postponed due to COVID-19 pandemic.
As per the latest instructions by IIBF, JAIIB exam is scheduled to be conducted in November. Given below are the important dates related to the JAIIB exam-
|JAIIB Exam Date 2020|
|Exams||JAIIB November 2020||JAIIB May 2020|
|Principles & Practices of Banking||1st November 2020 (Postponed)6th December 2020 (new date)||3rd May 2020 (postponed)|
|Accounting & Financing for Bankers||8th November 2020 (Postponed)12th December 2020 (new date)||10th May 2020 (postponed)|
|Legal & Regulatory Aspects of Banking||22nd November 2020 (Postponed)13th December 2020 (new dates)||17th May 2020 (postponed)|
For similar information on CAIIB exam check the linked page.
JAIIB Eligibility Criteria
The JAIIB eligibility conditions are decided by the authoritative body IIBF.
As per the JAIIB eligibility conditions, only those candidates are eligible to apply for JAIIB exam who are already working in the banking and finance industry.
Details related to JAIIB eligibility are mentioned below-
- Common candidates are not eligible for the JAIIB exam.
- JAIIB exam is only for the candidates who are already serving as employees in the banking and finance industry.
- Only the candidates whose employers are a member of the Institute fulfils the JAIIB eligibility.
- The candidates who wish to apply for the post must have passed the 10+2 exam in any discipline or equivalent.
- The candidates, on the discretion of the institute, may be allowed to appear for the JAIIB exam even if they have not passed the 12th board exam. However, in such a case, candidates need the recommendation of the Manager or officer-in-charge of the bank.
- The subordinate staff of recognized Banking or Financial Institutions in India, who are members of the Institute, are eligible to appear at the examination, provided they have passed the 12th standard examination or its equivalent.
JAIIB Online Application
JAIIB Application for the examination should be registered online from the Institute’s website www.iibf.org.in.
Candidates willing to apply for JAIIB exam have to follow the steps given below to register themselves-
- Visit the official website of Indian Institute of Banking and Finance.
- On the home page click on the ‘Examination/Courses’ option appearing on the left side of the screen.
- Select the ‘Flagship Courses’ out of the given options.
- Choose JAIIB and a new page will open where you can proceed with JAIIB online application.
JAIIB Registration Fee
Candidates who wish to appear for JAIIB exam are required to pay the examination fee that is prescribed by IIBF in the notification.
The JAIIB application fee structure is as follows-
- IIBF charges a regular fee for JAIIB exam to candidates who register for the examination during the first week of registration.
- For the second and third week of registration, the fees will be regular examination fee plus Rs. 100/-, and
- For the fourth week of registration, the fees will be regular examination fee plus Rs. 200/-
- In case, the registration date is extended beyond 4 weeks the examination fees will be regular examination fee plus Rs. 200/- for the extended days.
JAIIB Exam Fee for examination centres in India –
|JAIIB Application Fee|
|1st Attempt fee||Rs 2700/-|
|2nd Attempt fee||Rs 1300/-|
|3rd Attempt fee||Rs 1300/-|
|4th Attempt Fee||Rs 1300/-|
Important – The fee once paid will NOT be refunded or adjusted on any account.
JAIIB Exam Pattern
JAIIB exam pattern is laid out by the IIBF itself. As per the JAIIB selection process candidates have to undergo-
- A written exam comprising three papers each of 100 marks carrying 120 questions (approximately).
- The exam is conducted in Online mode and questions will be MCQ type.
- There is no provision on Negative marking.
- Candidates have to complete the exam in 2 hours
- JAIIB exam is bilingual i.e. both in English and Hindi Language.
Further detailed information of JAIIB exam pattern is available on the syllabus page link provided below.
Candidates appearing for JAIIB exam have to study a lot as IIBF has prescribed a vast syllabus for the exam. The institute has its own courseware for the aspirants of JAIIB exam.
There are three papers covered in the syllabus of JAIIB exam-
Paper I – Principle and Practices of Banking, which is divided into 5 modules (Module A to Module E)
Paper II – Accounting and Finance for Bankers. This is divided into 4 modules (Module A to Module D)
Paper III – Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Banking which is again further divided into 4 modules.
The table below highlights the broad topics covered in each module of each paper in the JAIIB exam-
|JAIIB Exam Syllabus|
|Paper I – Principle and Practices of Banking||Module A- Indian Financial System
Module B- Functions of Banks
Module C- Banking Technology
Module D- Support Services- Marketing of Banking Services/ Products
Module E- Ethics in Bank & Financial Institutions
|Paper II – Accounting & Finance for Bankers||Module A- Business Mathematics and Finance
Module B- Principles of Bookkeeping and Accountancy
Module C- Final Accounts
Module D- Banking Operations
|Paper III – Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Banking||Module A- Regulations and Compliance
Module B- Legal Aspects of Banking Operations
Module C- Banking Related Laws
Module D- Commercials Laws with Reference to Banking Operations
To know the topics covered under each module and for elaborated details on exam pattern candidates have to check the JAIIB Syllabus page linked here.
Candidates willing to appear for Certified Associate of IIBF can go through the CAIIB Syllabus on the linked page.
JAIIB Admit Card
The Indian Institute of Banking & Finance provides the JAIIB Admit Card to the candidates as and when they register for the exam.
Candidates get the real-time admit card, generated on registration. Candidates have to download the admit card which will also be emailed to the registered ID.
Candidates are required to produce a printed copy of admit letter along with Membership identity card or any other valid photo ID card in original.
The identity cards that can be produced are – Aadhaar card/ e-Aadhaar, Employer’s card, PAN Card, Driving License, Election voter’s card, Passport etc.at the examination venue.
For more details on JAIIB Admit Card visit the linked page.
The IIBF announces the result of the JAIIB exam on the official website. Candidates are required to obtain the minimum cut off marks to qualify the JAIIB exam.
As already mentioned, the JAIIB exam consists of three papers and each paper is of 100 marks. The minimum marks required for passing each subject or paper is 50 out of 100 marks.
The Indian Institute of Banking and Finance announces the result of the JAIIB exam on the basis of overall marks obtained by candidates in all three papers.
To check the result candidates are required to log on to the IIBF website.
Candidates can know more on the JAIIB result, important dates and procedure to check and download JAIIB results on the above-linked page.
Aspirants who are willing to appear for JAIIB exam can also go through the details about the following exams as well-