The Indian Institute of Banking & Finance conducted IIBF exams twice a year in June and November. The exams of IIBF aim at providing excellence to banking and finance industry employees in their professional careers.
Aspirants willing to prepare for any Bank exams can visit the linked page for information on upcoming exams in the banking sector.
IIBF Exams – Latest Updates
- CAIIB Exam 2023 will be held in June and December 2023 tentatively.
- The CAIIB Exam date for the month of June is 10th, 11th, 18th, 24th, and 25th June 2023.
- The CAIIB Exam date for December is 26th November, 3rd, 9th, 10th, and 17th December 2023.
- JAIIB Exam Dates for June are 7th, 13th, 14th and 21st May 2023.
- JAIIB Exam Date For November are: 08th, 14th, 15th, 29th October 2023.
What is IIBF?
IIBF stands for Indian Institute of Banking & Finance. It is an institute that offers distance learning programmes for various banking and finance education. The distance learning education services offered by IIBF are for candidates who work in bank and finance industries and want to upgrade their professional as well as personal stature.
IIBF is entirely managed by a Governing Council that comprises eminent persons from the banking and finance sector, academicians and professionals.
The Indian Institute of Baking and Finance in collaboration with various institutes across the country and the globe conducts examinations that grade up the career of bank employees.
Aspirants who are looking for various other government jobs can check the Government Exams page for latest information.
|Are you preparing for IIBF exams? Gear up your preparation, get a step closer to success with the help of the following links-|
The institute of banking and finance offers various courses and IIBF exams. The list of IIBF exams for different courses conducted by the organisation are as follows-
- IIBF Diploma Courses: The course under this section are Diploma in Banking Technology, Diploma in International banking & finance, Diploma in Treasury Investment & Risk Management, Diploma in Commodity Derivatives for Bankers, Diploma in Home loan advising, Diploma in Retail Banking, Advanced Wealth Management, and Urban Co-operative Banking.
- IIBF Blended Courses: IIBF exams are also conducted for blended courses such as Bank trainers, Certified Accounting & Audit Professional, Credit Professional, Compliance Professional, Risk & Financial Services, and Treasury Professional.
- IIBF Certifications: Some of the IIBF Exams conducted by the institute are meant for certification purposes only. The IIBF exams for certification comprises Certificate In International Trade Finance, Certificate Examination in MSME, Certificate Examination In Information System Banker, Certificate Examination in AML/KYC, Customer Service & Banking Codes and standards, Certification in IT Security, Prevention Of Cyber Crimes And Fraud Management, etc.
- IIBF Flagship courses: The IIBF Exams conducted under the flagship programmes are JAIIB (Junior Associate Of IIBF), CAIIB (Certified Associate Of IIBF), CAIIB Elective Subjects as Separate Certificate Examination and Diploma In Banking & Finance.
This article aims to provide detailed information on the Flagship courses of IIBF Exam, candidates for information on other courses or certifications by IIBF can visit the official website.
IIBF Exam Date 2023
The Indian Institute of Banking & Finance conducts IIBF exams biannually. The two important flagship courses conducted by IIBF are JAIIB exam and CAIIB exam. The detailed IIBF exam date for JAIIB is released by the institute on its website which is as follows-
|JAIIB 2023- Important Dates|
|Events||JAIIB 2023 June session|
|JAIIB 2023 Online Registration||1st March 2023|
|JAIIB 2023 Online registration Last Date||21st March 2023|
|Online Registration Re-opened||28th & 29th March 2023|
|Last Date to pay application fee||21st March 2023|
|JAIIB Admit Card 2023||April 2023|
|JAIIB Exam Date||7th, 13th, 14th and 21st May 2023|
|Events||JAIIB 2023 Nov Session|
|JAIIB 2023 Online Registration Begins||01st August 2023|
|JAIIB 2023 Online registration Last Date||21st August 2023|
|Online Registration Re-opened||—|
|Last Date to pay application fee||21st August 2023|
|JAIIB Admit Card 2023||September 2023|
|JAIIB Exam Date||08th, 14th, 15th, 29th October 2023|
The IIBF exam date for JAIIB 2022 was 26th, 27th February and 6th March 2022 for the three papers mentioned above respectively.
Further information on JAIIB Exam related to dates, registration, eligibility etc. can be found on the linked page.
IIBF CAIIB Exam Date
The Institutew will the IIBF CAIIB notification 2023 for the June session.
Aspirants can check the IIBF exam date for CAIIB 2023 mentioned below-
|CAIIB Exam Dates 2023 – June|
|Online Registration Started||1st April 2023|
|Last Date To Apply||21st April 2023|
|Exam Dates||10th, 11th, 18th, 24th & 25th June 2023|
|CAIIB- Advanced Bank Management||10th June 2023|
|CAIIB- Bank Financial Management||11th June 2023|
|CAIIB- Advance Business & Financial Management||18th June 2023|
|CAIIB- Banking Regulations and Business Laws||24th June 2023|
|CAIIB/CAIIB Elective-Rural Banking||25th June 2023|
|CAIIB/CAIIB Elective-Human Resources Management||25th June 2023|
|CAIIB/CAIIB Elective-Information Technology & Digital Banking||25th June 2023|
|CAIIB/CAIIB Elective-Risk Management||25th June 2023|
|CAIIB/CAIIB Elective-Central Banking||25th June 2023|
|CAIIB Exam Dates 2023 – December|
|CAIIB Exam December Events||CAIIB Exam Date|
|CAIIB Application Form Start Date||1st September 2023|
|CAIIB Registration End Date||21st September 2023|
|CAIIB Exam Advance Bank Management||26th November 2023|
|CAIIB Exam Bank Financial Management||3rd December 2023|
|CAIIB Exam Banking Regulations and Business Laws||10th December 2023|
|CAIIB Exam Elective Papers||17th December 2023|
The dates for the June session and other relevant details regarding the CAIIB Exam are available on the linked page.
Candidates who wish to appear for JAIIB or CAIIB exams conducted by IIBF must meet the eligibility conditions before they apply for the exams.
The IIBF Eligibility conditions are as follows –
- Ordinary members cannot apply for the flagship courses of IIBF.
- Only the candidates who are already serving as employees in the banking and finance industry are eligible for the IIBF exams.
- To apply for the exam candidates must be lifetime members of the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance.
- Membership is open to the employees of recognized banking establishments both in the nationalized as well as the private sector including the Reserve Bank of India, State Bank of India, other Financial Institutions, both Central and State, Co-operative Banks and any other institutions in India who are Institutional Members of the Institute as may be approved by the Council from time to time.
- To appear for JAIIB, candidates must have passed the 10+2 exam in any discipline or equivalent.
- For IIBF CAIIB, candidates who have completed JAIIB or PART-1 of the Associate Examination are eligible to apply.
Facility of Scribe
Those candidates who are blind/low vision or affected by cerebral palsy with locomotor impairment whose writing speed is affected and Physically Handicapped (PH) candidates who are not in a position to operate Keyboard and Mouse can use their own scribe at his/her own cost during the examination. The conditions for using Scribe is as follows –
- The candidate should ensure that he/she is eligible to use a scribe as per the rules governing for attempting examinations by individuals with disabilities as mentioned on the official website.
- The candidate will have to arrange his/her own scribe at his/her own cost.
- The scribe should NOT be a working/ retired banker or working/ retired in/ from any Financial Institution.
- The scribe can be from any academic stream.
- Both, the candidate as well as the scribe will have to give a suitable undertaking, in the prescribed format with passport size photograph of the scribe, confirming that the scribe fulfils the stipulated eligibility criteria as mentioned above. Further, in case the scribe did not fulfil any of the laid down eligibility criteria or suppressed material facts, the candidature of the applicant will stand cancelled, irrespective of the result of the Examination.
- Candidates who use a scribe shall be eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour of the examination.
Aspirants willing to apply for any of the IIBF exams can now fill the IIBF application form for various exams under online mode only. No physical form with Demand Draft/Pay Order will be accepted by the Institute.
How to Apply For IIBF Exams?
Applicants have to follow the below-mentioned steps to fill the IIBF Online application forms –
- Visit Institute’s IIBF web site www.iibf.org.in
- If a member of the Institute Click on “members’ ‘ under ‘Apply for exams online’.
- Read rules/ syllabus/ eligibility for IIBF examinations carefully
- Read instructions to applicants carefully.
- Select the examination you wish to apply
- Log in with your membership number and password
- Read the instructions carefully and accept
- Fill in the details like mode, medium, centre for the exam as also the place of work etc
- Click on ‘preview’, check whether the data is correct, Before submitting the online application form the applicant shall ensure that the details are filled in properly and spelt correctly in the application.
- Click on ‘accept and submit’ for online payment. Select the payment option (credit/debit card, net banking) and follow the on-screen instruction to complete the process.
- On successful completion Transaction, details will be displayed and the same will be sent to registered mail ID and phone number provided.
- If the process is not successful/ incomplete appropriate messages will be displayed on the screen and the applicant has to follow the online process again.
- After submitting your payment information, please wait for the intimation from the server, it may take 1 to 5 seconds to process the request, but it may take longer in certain cases. DO NOT press the submit button or Back or Refresh button again.
Important Note –
In case the payment is debited from the candidate’s account and the transaction is not successful or completed, IIBF will refund the entire fees electronically within 10-12 working days from the date of transaction. Refund timeline indicated is approximate, as the processing of refund is dependent on multiple organization and working days/holidays of bank/financial institutes.
Please ensure to furnish the correct Mobile number/ email address to receive the application confirmation and various communication from the Institute.
IIBF Application Fee
Applicants are required to submit the IIBF application fee to complete their registration process for the exam. Candidates willing to appear for the JAIIB and CAIIB exam by IIBF have to pay the fees as mentioned below –
|IIBF Online Application Fees –|
|Number of Attempts||JAIIB Exam||CAIIB Exam|
|First Attempt||INR 2700||INR 3000|
|Second Attempt||INR 1300||INR 1300|
|Third Attempt||INR 1300||INR 1300|
|Fourth Attempt||INR 1300||INR 1300|
IIBF application fee structure is as follows-
- The institute charges a regular fee for IIBF exam to candidates who register for the examination during the first week of registration.
- For the second and third week of registration, the fees will be regular examination fee plus Rs. 100/-, and
- For the fourth week of registration, the fees will be regular examination fee plus Rs. 200/-
- In case, the registration date is extended beyond 4 weeks the examination fees will be regular examination fee plus Rs. 200/- for the extended days.
IIBF Exam Pattern
The Indian Institute of Banking and Finance conducts the IIBF exams in Online mode only. Aspirants of both JAIIB exam as well as CAIIB exam have to appear for 3 papers in each exam.
The highlights of IIBF exam pattern for JAIIB and CAIIB are as mentioned below –
JAIIB exam pattern
|IIBF Exam pattern – JAIIB|
|Exams||Total Questions||Total Marks||Qualifying marks||Duration|
|Principles and Practices of Banking||120||100||50||2 hours|
|Accounting & Finance for Bankers||120||100||50||2 hours|
|Legal & Regulatory Aspects of banking||120||100||50||2 hours|
Further details related to the examination pattern of JAIIB can be checked on the syllabus page.
CAIIB Exam Pattern
|IIBF Exam pattern – CAIIB|
|Exams||Total Questions||Total Marks||Qualifying marks||Duration|
|Advanced Bank Management||100||100||50||2 hours|
|Bank Financial Management||100||100||50||2 hours|
|CAIIB Elective Paper||100||100||50||2 hours|
Important Note –
- Both JAIIB and CAIIB exams will be bilingual examinations i.e. in both English and Hindi Language.
- There is no negative marking in either of the exams. However, candidates have to secure the minimum qualifying marks to clear the exam.
The institute itself decides the IIBF syllabus for all the courses and examinations conducted by it. The syllabus for IIBF JAIIB and CAIIB exams as prescribed by the Indian Institute of Banking & Finance are as mentioned below –
IIBF Syllabus For JAIIB
There are three papers covered in the syllabus of JAIIB exam-
Paper I – Principle and Practices of Banking, which is divided into 5 modules (Module A to Module E)
Paper II – Accounting and Finance for Bankers. This is divided into 4 modules (Module A to Module D)
Paper III – Legal and Regulatory Aspects of Banking which is again further divided into 4 modules.
For topics covered in each module and for examination pattern check JAIIB Syllabus page linked here.
IIBF Syllabus For CAIIB
Candidates preparing for CAIIB exam have studied for the following –
Two compulsory papers-
- Advanced Bank Management
- Bank Financial Management
One Elective Paper – Anyone out of the 11 given choices
- Corporate Banking
- Rural Banking
- International Banking
- Retail Banking
- Co-operative Banking
- Financial Advising
- Human Resources Management
- Information Technology
- Risk Management
- Central Banking
- Treasury Management
Both the compulsory and the elective paper are further divided into various Modules, candidates can go through the CAIIB Syllabus for topic-wise syllabus and exam pattern details.
IIBF Admit Card
The Indian Institute of Banking and Finance provides the IIBF admit card for both JAIIB and CAIIB exams online only. The institute clearly mentions that no admit letters will be sent to candidates via post.
Candidates have to download the IIBF Admit card from the official website of the Institute.
As per the notification, the IIBF Admit Card for JAIIB exam is issued as and when they register for the exam. Candidates get the real-time admit card that is generated on registration for the exam itself. Aspirants can go through the detailed information on JAIIB Admit Card on the linked page.
For CAIIB examination, the IIBF admit card is issued to candidates 10 days before the scheduled date of examination. Candidates are able to download the admit card for CAIIB from the official website a week before the date of exam.
Aspirants willing to write any of the IIBF exam (JAIIB or CAIIB) can follow the below-mentioned steps to download IIBF admit card –
- Visit the official website (http://www.iibf.org.in/)
- Under the ‘Examination/ Courses’ tab appearing on the right-hand side of the home page select “Admit Letters”.
- Download the Admit Card for the IIBF exam you are appearing for.
Important Note –
- Candidates are required to produce a printed copy of admit letter along with Membership identity card or any other valid photo ID card in original.
- The identity cards that can be produced are – Aadhaar card/ e-Aadhaar, Employer’s card, PAN Card, Driving License, Election voter’s card, Passport etc.at the examination venue.
IIBF result is published on the official website by the institute. Candidates, in order to be selected for the final Result of IIBF exams, have to obtain the minimum qualifying marks in each paper.
The Indian Institute of Banking & Finance announces the IIBF result of the JAIIB and CAIIB exam on the basis of overall marks obtained by candidates in all three papers. To check the result candidates are required to log on to the IIBF website.
Aspirants can check the JAIIB Result page for further details.
IIBF Exam Passing Criteria
Candidates in the following cases will be declared to have passed the IIBF exam.
- If the Minimum marks scored in each subject is 50 out of 100.
- If they secure at least 45 marks in each subject with an aggregate of 50% marks in all subjects of examination in a single attempt.
- Candidates will be allowed to retain credits for the subject they have passed in an attempt till the expiry of the time limit for passing the examination.
- Candidates will be required to pass the examination within a time limit of 2 years (i.e. 4 consecutive attempts).
- Candidates not able to pass the examination within the stipulated time period of two years would have to re-register themselves. Such candidates will not be granted credit/s for
- subject/s passed, if any, earlier.
- The time limit of 2 years will start from the date of application for the first attempt. Attempts will be counted irrespective of whether a candidate appears for any examination or otherwise.
IIBF Exam Centres
Candidates while filling the application form are required to provide the exam centre of their choice. IIBF exams are conducted all over India and in more than 100 cities. Aspirants can go through the list of IIBF exam centres given below –
|Jammu & Kashmir||Warangal||Doda||Visakhapatnam|
Candidates can check the official website for the complete list of examination centers.
Aspirants preparing for any competitive exam can go through the Competitive exam preparation strategies for comprehensive and better preparation.
Aspirants who are willing to appear for various bank exams can go through the relevant details on the same from the following links-
|RBI Grade B||IBPS PO||IBPS SO|
|SBI PO||SBI Clerk||IBPS Clerk|