In the form of the RRB JE Recruitment process, the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) selects candidates for various technical posts for the Indian Railways. It is one of the most important exams conducted by RRB every year.
According to the official RRB JE Notification, a total of 13487 vacancies available. The RRB JE Exam will be conducted for the following posts:
- Junior Engineer
- Junior Engineer (IT)
- Depot Material Superintendent (DMS)
- Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant (CMA)
This article will give insight into the detailed recruitment process for the RRB JE Exam 2019.
RRB JE Notification
The RRB JE notification 2019 was released for the recruitment to the post of 13847 vacancies. The details on RRB JE 2019 Vacancy has been announced in the Official Notice released by the Railway Recruitment Board.
The following table gives a glance of vacancies for technical posts in the Indian Railways:
|RRB JE Vacancy|
|RRB JE Post||Vacancies Available|
|Junior Engineer (IT)||29|
|Depot Materials Superintendent (DMS)||227|
|Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant (CMA)||387|
To know more about other RRB Exams, candidates can visit the linked article.
RRB JE Notification 2019:- Download PDF Here
RRB JE Exam Dates and Details
In accordance with the RRB JE Notification, the important details regarding the RRB JE Exam for the year 2019 are given in the table below:
|RRB JE Exam Dates 2019|
|Date of Issue of RRB JE Notification||December 29th 2018|
|Opening of Online Registration for RRB JE Exam||January 2nd 2019 at 10:00 hrs|
|Closing of Online Registration for RRB JE Exam||January 31st 2019 at 23:59 hrs|
|Closing of offline payment||February 4th 2019 at 13:00 hrs|
|Closing of online payment||February 5th 2019 at 22:00 hrs|
|Complete closure of all online application process||February 7th 2019 at 23:59 hrs|
|1st Stage Computer Based Test (CBT)||Tentatively Scheduled during April/May 2019|
*Note: Dates for CBTs and other stages of the recruitment process shall be intimated from time
to time through the websites of the Railway Recruitment Boards (RRB). Candidates are advised to visit the official website to stay updated.
To know more in detail about the RRB JE Exam Date, visit the linked article.
RRB JE Registration Process
The online registration process for the RRB JE Exam began on January 2nd 2019, as per the given information in the RRB JE Notification. Candidates should visit the official RRB website to register. Once at the official website, they can use the following steps to register for the exam.
- Go to any of the zonal RRB websites that you wish to apply and click on the link for RRB JE Exam.
- From the list, select the desired post for which you want to apply online for Railway JE 2019 Exam
- Now click on the link labelled ‘New Registration’.
- Choose the RRB Zone for which you want to apply.
- Now, you must enter your qualification details, the community you belong to. After filling up the details click on the ‘Check Availability’ button.
- Candidates have to read all the instructions carefully and check the ‘I have gone through the entire CEN 03/2018 and understood all the instructions’ box. Once that is done they should click on the ‘submit’ button.
- Next fill up the registration form by filling up details like Name, Date of Birth, Aadhar Card Status, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Class 10th Details, Mobile no. , Email ID and click on the ’Continue’ button.
- After filling up the details, a box will appear which consist of all the details filled by you. Click on the ‘I have verified and confirmed that all the details furnished by me are correct’ box or if you wish to change or review the details then tick on the ‘red box’.
- Once the registration process is completed, candidates will receive an OTP on their registered email id and mobile no to generate the registration number.
- Login using the registration number you have received along with your date of birth and enter the captcha (if any).
- Now, fill up the first part of the application form by entering up the details like marks obtained in class 12th, community, gender, nationality, religion, if you are you an ExSm, or a PwBD category candidate, domicile of J&K, a govt employee etc. and click on the “Save” button.
- Select the mode of payment by which you wish to apply. Enter your bank details or take a print out of the post office challan to do the fee payment after 2 days.
- Upload your photograph in the dimensions specified for the JPEG format along with the signature done in blank ink on any white surface and category certificate as per specified.
- Candidates will also be given the facility to appoint scribe if required.
- Submit your application form and keep a print of the same for any future reference.
For more details regarding other government exams, candidates can visit the linked article.
RRB JE Vacancy – Application Fees
Now that a general picture of the vacancy has been highlighted, you can start applying for the RRB JE Exam. You can go through the RRB JE Application Fee table is given below to get an idea of the same. The application fee for different categories is given below:
|RRB JE 2019 Application Fees|
|PwBD / Female /Transgender/ Ex-Servicemen candidates and
candidates belonging to SC/ST/Minority Communities/
Economically Backward Class
*Note: Out of this fee of Rs 500 an amount of Rs 400 shall be refunded
duly deducting bank charges, on appearing in 1st Stage CBT.
- The fee of Rs 250 shall be refunded duly deducting bank charges as applicable on appearing in 1st Stage CBT.
RRB JE Salary
According to the RRB JE Notification, the RRB JE Salary will depend upon the location of posting. The Indian Railways have divided cities into 3 classes in which candidates will receive their salary according to the class of the city they have been posted. The three classes are as follows:
- Class A: Metropolis
- Class B: Metropolis + Other Big Cities
- Class C: Village + Small Cities
The salary structure for Junior Engineer according to their job location is given in the table below:
|RRB JE Salary Structure|
|Component||Class A||Class B||Class C|
|Dearness Allowance (125% of Basic)||16,875||16,875||16,875|
|House Rent Allowance||4050 (30% of Basic)||2700 (20% of Basic)||1350 (10% of Basic)|
|Salary in Hand||38,425||37,075||35,725|
Candidates must go through each eligibility criterion to properly understand whether they meet all the required standards set by the RRB and should also keep their relevant documents in hand during verification in order to avoid any last-minute hurdle.
You can visit the RRB JE Preparation page in order to get more information on study materials and a general guideline on which books to read up for the exam.
Do you need guidance to prepare for the RRB JE 2019 Exam? Then BYJU’S will provide well-defined study materials and courses which will help you to crack the RRB JE exam with relative ease.
Candidates can visit the bank exams page for more details.
RRB JE Notification 2019:- Download PDF Here