To keep the behemoth that is the Indian Railways running, the Railway Recruitment Board recruits candidates by conducting a series of exams for various technical and non-technical posts.
These exams play a vital role in the selection of candidates who will go on to play a crucial role in the Indian Railways. It is when the RRB Notification of these exams are released that the recruitment process will begin.
To know about other Government Exams, you can visit the linked article.
RRB Notification 2019
This article on the RRB JE Notification will provide detailed information about the following:
- RRB Syllabus
- Exam Dates
- RRB Salary
The detailed article on the syllabus for the RRB examination can be found via the hyperlink provided above.
To know more about the RRB Exam, visit the linked article.
RRB Exam Dates
The RRB Exams are conducted every year and at most times within days of each other. A detailed calendar for each exam, per the respective RRB Notifications, will be highlighted from this point on.
RRB NTPC Exam Date
With no major update available, the Railways Board would carry forward the RRB NTPC Exam 2019 to this year i.e. 2020, the notification for which was released in February 2019. Hence, Important dates and notices related to RRB NTPC 2019-2020 are expected to be released soon.
As per the RRB Notification for the Railway Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC) exam, the dates for the same are given below:
|RRB NTPC 2020 Exam Dates|
|Date of Notice Publication in RRB Websites||February 28th 2019|
|Opening of online registration of Applications||March 1st 2019 at 16.00 hrs|
|Closing of online registration of Application||March 31st 2019 at 23.59 hrs|
|Closing Date & Time for Payment of Application Fee Through:|
|a) Online (Net banking / Credit Card/ Debit Card /UPI||April 5th 2019 at 23.59 hrs|
|(b) SBI Challan||April 5th 2019 at 15.00 hrs|
|(c) Post Office Challan||April 5th 2019 at 15.00 hrs|
|Final Submission of Applications||April 12th 2019 at 23.59 hrs|
|RRB NTPC CBT I Admit Card||February 2020|
|1st Stage Computer Based Test (CBT)||To be Notified|
*Note: Dates for CBTs and other stages of the recruitment process shall be intimated from time to time through the websites of the Railway Recruitment Boards (RRB). Candidates are advised to visit the official website to stay updated regarding any information about RRB Notification.
RRB JE Exam Date
Under the RRB Notification for the same, the essential details regarding the RRB Junior Engineer (JE) Exam for the year 2018- 2019 are given in the table below:
|RRB JE Exam Dates 2019|
|Date of Issue of RRB JE Notification||December 29th 2018|
|Opening of Online Registration for RRB JE Exam||January 2nd 2019 at 10:00 hrs|
|Closing of Online Registration for RRB JE Exam||January 31st 2019 at 23:59 hrs|
|Closing of offline payment||February 4th 2019 at 13:00 hrs|
|Closing of online payment||February 5th 2019 at 22:00 hrs|
|Complete closure of all online application process||February 7th 2019 at 23:59 hrs|
|1st Stage Computer Based Test (CBT – I)||May 22nd 2019|
|2nd Stage Computer Based Test (CBT- II)||August 28th 2019|
|RRB JE 2nd Stage Computer Based Test (CBT- II) Result||November 1st, 2019|
*Note: Dates for CBTs and other stages of the recruitment process shall be intimated from time to time through the websites of the Railway Recruitment Boards (RRB). Candidates are advised to visit the official website to stay updated.
To know more in detail about the RRB JE Exam Date, visit the linked article.
RRB ALP Exam Date
The 2019-20 Notification for the RRB ALP Exam is yet to be released. The exam dates for RRB (Assistant Loco Pilot) ALP exam, as per the RRB Notification 2018-19, is given in the table below:
|RRB ALP Exam||Dates|
|Commencement of Online Application Form||3rd February 2018|
|Last Date to Apply Online for RRB ALP||31st March 2018|
|RRB ALP Exam Date (CBT 1)||From 9th August 2018|
|RRB ALP Answer Key Date||November 2018|
|RRB ALP Result (CBT I)||December 20th 2018|
|RRB ALP CBT 2 Admit Card||17th January 2019 onwards|
|RRB ALP Exam Date CBT 2||21st, 22nd, 23rd January 2019|
|RRB ALP Answer Key CBT 2||18th Feb 2019|
|RRB ALP Result CBT 2||6th April 2019|
|RRB ALP Exam Date CBT 3||10th May 2019|
|RRB ALP 2018-2019 Final Result||13th December 2019|
Visit the RRB ALP Notification page for more information about the exam.
To be a part of the RRB Recruitment process, candidates must go through the RRB Eligibility criteria set for these exams. The eligibility criteria set for these exams by the RRB may vary from exam to exam, but the common factor will be as follows:
- Nationality: A candidate should be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal and Bhutan. A Tibetan refugee who settled in India before 1962 is also eligible.
- Age Limit: The minimum age of application is set at 18 years while the maximum is at 33 years
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should have passed 12th and must possess a legitimate college degree. For select posts, they must have a background in science.
To get more detailed information, visit the RRB Eligibility page.
With the reforms of the 7th Pay Commission in full swing across different sectors of the government, candidates can expect a good salary along with a host of other perks.
In accordance with the RRB Notification, the salary structure for each exam is discussed in detail below:
RRB NTPC Salary
According to the RRB Notification about the NTPC Exam, the PayScale for Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC), both Graduate and Undergraduate Posts, which is as per the 7th CPC Pay Matrix is shown in the table given below:
|RRB NTPC Undergraduate Post Pay Scale|
|Name of the Posts||Initial Pay (Rs.)|
|Junior Clerk cum Typist||19900|
|Accounts Clerk cum Typist||19900|
|Junior Time Keeper||19900|
|Commercial cum Ticket Clerk||21700|
The below table outlines the vacancies for Graduate Posts with Minimum Educational Qualification of a University Degree or its equivalent as on July 1st 2019.
|RRB NTPC Graduate Posts Pay Scale|
|Name of the Posts||Initial Pay (Rs.)|
|Senior Commercial cum Ticket Clerk||29200|
|Senior Clerk cum Typist||29200|
|Junior Account Assistant cum Typist||29200|
|Senior Time Keeper||29200|
RRB JE Salary
According to the RRB Notification for the same, the RRB JE Salary will depend upon the location of posting. The Indian Railways have divided cities into 3 classes in which candidates will receive their salary according to the class of the city they have been posted. The three classes are as follows:
- Class A: Metropolis
- Class B: Metropolis + Other Big Cities
- Class C: Village + Small Cities
The salary structure for Junior Engineer according to their job location is given in the table below:
|RRB JE Salary Structure|
|Component||Class A||Class B||Class C|
|Dearness Allowance (125% of Basic)||16,875||16,875||16,875|
|House Rent Allowance||4050 (30% of Basic)||2700 (20% of Basic)||1350 (10% of Basic)|
|Salary in Hand||38,425||37,075||35,725|
RRB ALP Salary
In addition to the basic pay, candidates are entitled to other benefits such as DA, HRA, Travel Allowance etc. The breakdown of the salary structure in accordance with the RRB Notification released for the ALP exam is given below:
|RRB ALP Salary/Allowances||Recoveries|
|Basic Pay||Rs. 5830||NPS||Rs. 1848|
|Grade Pay||Rs. 1900||Income Tax||Rs. 0|
|Running All||Rs. 6050||Deductions||Rs. 1848|
|Gross Pay||Rs. 26752|
|Net Pay||Rs. 24904|
RRB Online Registration
As per the Candidates can follow these steps to fill in the registration process for the RRB Exam.
- Go to any of the zonal RRB websites that you wish to apply.
- Now click on the link labelled ‘New Registration’.
- Choose the RRB Zone for which you want to apply.
- Now, you must enter your qualification details, the community you belong to. After filling up the details click on the ‘Check Availability’ button.
- Next fill up the registration form by filling up details like Name, Date of Birth, Aadhar Card Status, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Class 10th Details, Mobile no. , Email ID and click on the ’Continue’ button.
- After filling up the details, a box will appear which consists of all the details filled by you. Click on the ‘I have verified and confirmed that all the details furnished by me are correct’ box or if you wish to change or review the details’, then tick on the ‘red box’.
- Once the registration process is completed, candidates will receive an OTP on their registered email id and mobile no to generate the registration number.
- Login using the registration number you have received along with your date of birth and enter the captcha (if any).
- Now, fill up the first part of the application form by entering up the details like marks obtained in class 12th, community, gender, nationality, religion, if you are you an ExSm, or a PwBD category candidate, domicile of J&K, a govt employee etc. and click on the “Save” button.
- Select the mode of payment by which you wish to apply. Enter your bank details or take a print out of the post office challan make the fee payment after 2 days.
- Upload your photograph in the dimensions specified for the JPEG format, and the signature is done in blank ink on any white surface and category certificate as per specified.
- Candidates will also be given the facility to appoint scribe if required.
- Submit your application form and keep a print of the same for any future reference.
The application fee payable for each category is given below in the table:
|Category||RRB Application Fee|
|SC / ST / PWD / Women / Transgender / Minorities / Economic Backward Classes / Ex-servicemen||Rs. 250|
Note*: The application fees for all the respective exams conducted by the RRB is the same, according to the official RRB Notification.
Do you need guidance to prepare for the RRB Exam? Then BYJU’S will provide well-defined study materials and courses which will help you to crack the RRB exams with relative ease.