The West Bengal Public Service Commission conducts the state Civil Services Exam named WBCS (EXE) Exam. The exam takes place annually or as and when the Commission announces the date. The WBPSC exam is a three-tier examination- Preliminary, Mains, and Interview.
Latest update on WBPSC State Civil Services Exam/ WBCS (EXE) Exam 2019, 2020, 2021.
- WBPSC has released the revised schedule for the WBCS (EXE) Mains Examination 2020 and WBCS (EXE) Prelims Examination 2021. As per the latest update, WBCS Mains 2020 will take place from 19th to 26th December 2020. Earlier it was scheduled from 27th June 2020 onward but was postponed amid the Covid-19 outbreak. WBCS Prelims 2021 has been scheduled for 7th February 2021.
- WBPSC 2019 Mains result is expected to be released by September 2020 while WBCS Prelims 2020 result is expected to be released by September/October 2020. Candidates can check the WBCS Prelims 2020 Answer Key by downloading the PDF:- Download PDF Here
- WBCS Prelims 2020 took place on 9th February 2020.
WBPSC (EXE) Exam
The entire WBPSC exam recruitment process takes up to one and a half years.
Candidates may check the WBPSC exam details in the table below:
|What is the name of the exam?||The exam is known by different names:
|Who is the conducting body?||West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC)|
|What is the purpose of the exam?||To recruit for Group ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’, ‘D’ services|
|What is the pattern of the WBPSC Exam?||WBPSC Civil Services Exam takes place in three stages:
|WBPSC Latest Updates||
For other updates, candidates may check the official websites of the commission:
|WBPSC Vacancy||The PSCWB vacancies vary every year
|WBPSC Syllabus||Aspirants can check the WBPSC Syllabus in the linked article|
|WBPSC Exam Eligibility||Check the complete PSCWB Exam Eligibility here|
|WBPSC Exam Dates||Usually, the Prelims Exam takes place in the month of January, Mains in July/August:
|WBPSC Notification||The commission usually releases the notification in the month of November:
WBPSC Exam Preparation
The WBCS Exam Syllabus is slightly related with IAS Exam. The UPSC Exam starts its recruitment process in the month of February and it usually declares the end result by the month of April/May of next year. The UPSC exam process takes one and a half years, similar to WBPSC which also completes its recruitment procedure in the same time-span.
For other PSC Exams, candidates may also check the linked article.
To know about the PSCWB exam pattern, candidates scroll down below:
The WBPSC prelims exam has only one paper on ‘General Studies.’ has 8 topics:
- English Composition
- General Science
- Current Events of National and International Importance
- History of India
- Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal
- Indian Polity and Economy
- Indian National Movement
- General Mental Ability
The WBPSC Mains Exam has below-given six compulsory papers:
- General Studies-I
- General Studies-II
- The Constitution of India and Indian Economy including role and functions of Reserve Bank of India
- Arithmetic & Test of Reasoning
For details on the WBPSC exam preparation, candidates may check the linked article.
West Bengal Public Service Commission
The commission is the state agency which is authorized to conduct the State Civil Services Examination for various groups of services- ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’ and ‘D’.
The composition of the commission is given below:
|Shri Debashis Bose, IAS||Chairman||Director, Transport Directorate and Secretary, Transport Dept., Govt. of West Bengal|
|Smt. Amita Saha||Member||Additional General Manager (P & A), MSTC Ltd. (A Govt. of India undertaking)|
|Shri Partha Chowdhury||Member||General Manager (H.R.), Quippo Infrastructure Ltd|
|Dr. Mriganka Mahato||Member||Medical Officer (Ophthalmology), West Bengal Health Service|
|Dr. Mriganka Mahato||Secretary||Joint Secretary, UD and MA Deptt., Govt. of West Bengal|
To prepare for other government exams; check the links below: