The West Bengal Public Service Commission conducts the state Civil Services Exam named WBCS (EXE) Exam. The exam takes place annually or as and when the Commission announces the date. The WBPSC exam is a three-tier examination- Preliminary, Mains, and Interview.
Latest update on WBPSC State Civil Services Exam/ WBCS (EXE) Exam 2019, 2020, 2021.
- WBPSC WBCS 2021 Notification is out. Candidates can check the recruitment details mentioned in the WBCS Notification 2021 in the linked article. WBPSC WBCS 2021 Notification:
- WBCS Mains 2020 has been rescheduled – Earlier, the WBPSC Mains was scheduled from 19th December 2020 onward (Till 26th December). Now, the Mains examination will take place from 24th April 2021 to 28th April 2021. It is the second time that the WBCS Mains has been postponed and rescheduled. Before 19th December, it was to take place from 27th June 2020 onward but was postponed amid the COVID-19 outbreak.
- WBCS Prelims 2020 result has been announced. The WBPSC WBCS Prelims 2020 took place on 9th February 2020.
- The WBCS Admit Card will be released three weeks prior to the mains examination 2020. Candidates can check how to download WBCS admit card for upcoming mains examination, from the linked article.
- WBPSC 2019 Mains result is expected to be released by December/January 2020. The commission, on 17th December, has notified about the postponement of the personality test of Group A Services of WBCS (Exe) Etc, exam 2019 citing unavoidable exigencies. The revised dates for WBCS interview 2019 will be released soon. Download the related WBPSC WBCS Latest Announcement 2020:
- Candidates can check the WBCS Prelims 2020 Answer Key by downloading the PDF:- Download PDF Here
WBPSC (EXE) Exam
The entire WBPSC exam recruitment process takes up to one and a half years.
Candidates may check the WBPSC exam details in the table below:
|What is the name of the exam?||The exam is known by different names:
|Who is the conducting body?||West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC)|
|What is the purpose of the exam?||To recruit for Group ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’, ‘D’ services|
|What is the pattern of the WBPSC Exam?||WBPSC Civil Services Exam takes place in three stages:
|WBPSC Latest Updates||
For other updates, candidates may check the official websites of the commission:
|WBPSC Vacancy||The PSCWB vacancies vary every year
|WBPSC Syllabus||Aspirants can check the WBPSC Syllabus in the linked article|
|WBPSC Exam Eligibility||Check the complete PSCWB Exam Eligibility here|
|WBPSC Exam Dates||Usually, the Prelims Exam takes place in the month of January, Mains in July/August:
|WBPSC Notification||The commission usually releases the notification in the month of November:
WBPSC Exam Preparation
The WBCS Exam Syllabus is slightly related with IAS Exam. The UPSC Exam starts its recruitment process in the month of February and it usually declares the end result by the month of April/May of next year. The UPSC exam process takes one and a half years, similar to WBPSC which also completes its recruitment procedure in the same time-span.
For other PSC Exams, candidates may also check the linked article.
To know about the WBPSC exam pattern, candidates can scroll down below:
The WBPSC prelims exam has only one paper on ‘General Studies.’ It has 8 topics:
- English Composition
- General Science
- Current Events of National and International Importance
- History of India
- Geography of India with special reference to West Bengal
- Indian Polity and Economy
- Indian National Movement
- General Mental Ability
The WBPSC Mains Exam has below-given six compulsory papers:
- General Studies-I
- General Studies-II
- The Constitution of India and Indian Economy including role and functions of Reserve Bank of India
- Arithmetic & Test of Reasoning
For details on the WBPSC exam preparation, candidates may check the linked article.
West Bengal Public Service Commission
The commission is the state agency which is authorized to conduct the State Civil Services Examination for various groups of services- ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’ and ‘D’.
The composition of the commission is given below:
|Shri Debashis Bose, IAS||Chairman|
|Smt. Amita Saha||Member|
|Shri Partha Chowdhury||Member|
|Dr. Mriganka Mahato||Member|
|Maj Gen A.K. Sanyal, VSM (Retd.)||Member|
|Shri Subha Mukherjee||Secretary|
|Shri Badal Ch. Pramanik||Joint Secretary|
|Shri Tarun Kanti Dey||Joint Secretary|
To prepare for other government exams, check the links below: