CBSE Class 11 Business Studies Syllabus is available here to help students with their exam preparation. They can download the latest syllabus pdf for 2020-21 academic session from the link below.
Before going through the CBSE Syllabus of CBSE Class 11 Business Studies, Students must have a look at the marks weightage of the topics included in the syllabus.
|Part A||Foundations of Business|
|1||Nature and Purpose of Business||18||16|
|2||Forms of Business Organisations||20|
|3||Public, Private and Global Enterprises||10||14|
|5||Emerging Modes of Business||05||10|
|6||Social Responsibility of Business and Business Ethics||08|
|Part B||Finance and Trade|
|7||Sources of Business Finance||28||20|
CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Business Studies
Part A: Foundation of Business
Unit 1: Evolution and Fundamentals of Business
1) History of Trade and Commerce in India: Indigenous Banking System, Rise of Intermediaries, Transport, Trading Communities: Merchant Corporations, Major Trade Centres, Major Imports and Exports, Position of Indian Sub-Continent in the World Economy.
2) Business – meaning and characteristics
3) Business, profession and employment Concept
4) Objectives of business
5) Classification of business activities – Industry and Commerce
6) Industry-types: primary, secondary, tertiary Meaning and subgroups
7) Commerce-trade: (types-internal, external; wholesale and retail) and auxiliaries to trade; (banking, insurance, transportation, warehousing, communication, and advertising) – meaning
8) Business risk-Concept
Unit 2: Forms of Business organizations
1) Sole Proprietorship-Concept, merits and limitations.
2) Partnership-Concept, types, merits and limitation of partnership, registration of a partnership firm, partnership deed. Types of partners
3) Hindu Undivided Family Business: Concept
4) Cooperative Societies-Concept, merits, and limitations.
5) Company – Concept, merits and limitations; Types: Private, Public and One Person Company – Concept
6) Formation of company – stages, important documents to be used in formation of a company
Unit 3: Public, Private and Multinational Company
1) Public sector and private sector enterprises – Concept
2) Forms of public sector enterprises: Departmental Undertakings, Statutory Corporations and Government Company.
Unit 4: Business Services
1) Business services – meaning and types. Banking: Types of bank accounts – savings, current, recurring, fixed deposit and multiple option deposit account
2) Banking services with particular reference to Bank Draft, Bank Overdraft, Cash credit. E-Banking meaning, Types of digital payments
3) Insurance – Principles. Types – life, health, fire and marine insurance – concept
Unit 5: Emerging Modes of Business
1) E – business: concept, scope and benefits
Unit 6: Social Responsibility of Business and Business Ethics
1) Concept of social responsibility
2) Case of social responsibility
3) Responsibility towards owners, investors, consumers, employees, government and community.
4) Role of business in environment protection
Part B: Finance and Trade
Unit 7: Sources of Business Finance
1) Concept of business finance
2) Owners’ funds- equity shares, preferences share, retained earnings, Global Depository receipt (GDR), American Depository Receipt (ADR) and International Depository Receipt (IDR) – concept
3) Borrowed funds: debentures and bonds, loan from financial institution and commercial banks, public deposits, trade credit.
Unit 8: Small Business and Enterprises
1) Entrepreneurship Development (ED): Concept, Characteristics and Need. Process of Entrepreneurship Development: Start-up India Scheme, ways to fund start-up. Intellectual Property Rights and Entrepreneurship
2) Small scale enterprise as defined by MSMED Act 2006 (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise Development Act)
3) Role of small business in India with special reference to rural areas
4) Government schemes and agencies for small scale industries: National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC) and District Industrial Centre (DIC) with special reference to rural, backward areas
Unit 9: Internal Trade
1) Internal trade – meaning and types services rendered by a wholesaler and a retailer
2) Large scale retailers-Departmental stores, chain stores – concept
Unit 10: International Trade
1) International trade: concept and benefits
2) World Trade Organization (WTO) meaning and objectives
Get the deleted syllabus of Class 11 Business Studies 2020-21 from the table mentioned below.
Part A: Foundation of Business
|Unit 2: Forms of Business organizations||Choice of form of business organization|
|Unit 3: Public, Private and Global Enterprises||Global Enterprises – Feature. Joint ventures, Public private partnership – concept|
|Unit 4: Business Services||Postal Service – Mail, Registered Post, Parcel, Speed Post, Courier – meaning|
|Unit 5: Emerging Modes of Business||Business Process Outsourcing (BPO): Concept, need and scope|
|Unit 6: Social Responsibility of Business and Business Ethics||Business Ethics – Concept and Elements|
Part B: Finance and Trade
|Unit 7: Sources of Business Finance||Borrowed funds: Inter Corporate Deposits (ICD) – Concept|
|Unit 9: Internal Trade||Types of retail-trade-Itinerant and small scale fixed shops retailers
GST (Goods and Services Tax): Concept
|Unit 10: International Trade||Export trade – Meaning and procedure
Import Trade – Meaning and procedure
Documents involved in International Trade: indent, letter of credit, shipping order, shipping bills, mate’s receipt (DA/DP)
World Trade Organization (WTO) meaning and objectives
For more solutions and study materials class 11 Business Studies visit BYJU’S or download the app for more information and the best learning experience.