NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science in PDF
NCERT solutions for class 10 science are very important information that helps the students in understanding the complex topics and helps them in the preparation of class 10 board examination. Studying the answers to the questions in the textbook will check your understanding of a particular topic and helps you determine your strengths and weaknesses. These questions also help you to perceive the topic thoroughly which is very important not only from the point of class 10 examination but better understanding lays a great foundation to your future studies and many times question from the textbooks are asked in the competitive examinations.
Why NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science from BYJU’S?
BYJU’S brings you science NCERT class 10 solutions framed by our subject expert teachers to facilitate an effective and smooth understanding of concepts related to physics, chemistry and biology. The students preparing for board exams can access these CBSE class 10 science NCERT Solutions, anytime and anywhere as per their convenience for easy understanding of concepts in a structured format. These solutions are explained beautifully using a step-by-step approach for all the questions given in the textbooks. Along with textbook question these solutions comprises of extra questions, the important question from previous year question papers and sample papers, worksheets, MCQ’s, exemplar problems tips and tricks. It acts as an important tool for students in their board exam preparation.
We have also provided NCERT solutions class 10 science PDFs in an easily accessible format to help you in preparing effectively. The students can download and practice these NCERT science solutions for class 10 from the links provided in the article below. These solutions are prepared by our subject experts in such a way that the students understand all the topics covered in the syllabus of CBSE class 10 science quite effectively. The students preparing for board exams must study hard with dedication to secure a meritorious position.
Class 10 Science NCERT Solutions – Chapterwise
Science is one of the most important subjects of Class 10. Students who are willing to pursue a career in engineering or medical fields must clear all their basic concepts here itself. NCERT solutions can be very helpful for students in achieving excellent marks in their board examinations. These NCERT science solutions for class 10 are extremely helpful for students having trouble in solving difficult problems. For better results, the students are advised to practice these solutions on a regular basis.
NCERT Solutions Class 10 Science Chapter 1 – Chemical Reactions and Equations
In this chapter you will get idea on the chemical reactions and how to write equations, how to conduct combination and decomposition reactions and more. Here are the list of concepts you will get the solutions:
- Chemical Equations
- Writing A Chemical Equation
- Balanced Chemical Equations
- Types Of Chemical Reactions
- Combination Reaction
- Decomposition Reaction
- Displacement Reaction
- Double Displacement Reaction
- Have You Observed The Effects Of Oxidation Reactions In Everyday Life?
NCERT Solutions Class 10 Science Chapter 2 – Acids, Bases and Salts
Chapter 2 for class 10 science are explained in a simple manner with a brief explanation. This chapter 2 comprises of:
- Understanding the chemical properties of bases and acids
- How do acids and bases react with metals?
- How do metal carbonates and metal hydrogen carbonates react with acids?
- How do acids and bases react with each other?
- Reaction of metallic oxides with acids
- Reaction of non – metallic oxide with base
- What do all acids and all bases have in common?
- What happens to an acid or base in a water solution?
- How strong are Acid or base solutions?
- Importance of pH in everyday life
- More about Salts
- Family of salts
- pH of salts
- Chemicals from common salt.
NCERT Solutions Class 10 Science Chapter 3 – Metals and Non-metals
The topics covered in chapter 3 of class 10 science is given below:
- Physical Properties
- Chemical Properties Of Metals
- What Happens When Metals Are Burnt In Air?
- What Happens When Metals React With Water?
- What Happens When Metals React With Acids?
- How Do Metals React With Solutions Of Other Metal Salts?
NCERT Solutions Class 10 Science Chapter 4 – Carbon and its Compounds
This chapter gives you the clear idea on carbon and its compounds:
- Bonding in Carbon – the Covalent Bond
- Versatile Nature of carbon
- Saturated and Unsaturated Carbon Compounds
- Chains, Branches and Rings
- Homologous Series
- Nomenclature of carbon Compounds
- Chemical Properties of carbon Compounds
- Addition Reaction
- Substitution Reaction
- Some important Carbon compounds – Ethanol and Ethanoic Acid
- Properties of Ethanol
- Properties of Ethanoic Acid
NCERT Solutions Class 10 Science Chapter 5 – Periodic Classification of Elements
Here students can learn the listed concepts and can practice the exercise questions at the end of each concept.
- Early attempts at the classification of elements
- Dobereiner’s Triads
- Newlands’ Law Of Octaves
- Mendeleev’s Periodic Table
- What are the achievements of Mendeleev’s Periodic Table?
- What are the limitations of Mendeleev’s classification?
- The Modern Periodic Table
- Position of Elements
- Trends in the Modern Periodic Table
- Metallic and Non- Metallic Properties
NCERT Solutions Class 10 Science Chapter 6 – Life Processes
Practicing following concepts questions will make this topic easy for you. Check below:
- What are Life Process?
- Autotrophic Nutrition
- Heterotropgic Nutrition
- How do Organisms obtain their Nutrition?
- Nutrition in Human Beings
- Excretion in Human Beings
- Excretion in Plants
NCERT Solutions Class 10 Science Chapter 7 – Control and Coordination
Practicing following concepts questions will make this topic easy for you. Check below:
- Animals – Nervous System
- What Happens In Reflex Actions?
- Human Brain
- How Are These Tissues Protected?
- How Does The Nervous Tissue Cause Action?
- Coordination In Plants
- Immediate Response To Stimulus
- Movement Due To Growth
- Hormones In Animals
NCERT Solutions Class 10 Science Chapter 8 – How do Organisms Reproduce
Here we discuss about the interesting topics such as:
- Do organisms create exact copies of themselves?
- Modes of reproduction used by single organisms
- Vegetative propagation
- Spore Formation
- Sexual Reproduction
- Why sexual mode of reproduction?
- Sexual reproduction in flowering plants
- Reproduction in Human Beings
- Male Reproductive System
- Female Reproductive System
- What happens when the Egg is not Fertilized?
- Reproductive Health
NCERT Solutions Class 10 Science Chapter 9 – Heredity And Evolution
- Accumulation of Variation During Reproduction
- Inherited Traits
- Rules for Inheritance of Traits – Mendel’s Contributions
- How does these traits get expressed?
- Sex determination
- An illustration
- Acquired and Inherited Traits
- Evolution and Classification
- Tracing Evolutionary Relationships
- Evolution of Stages
- Evolution should not be equated with ‘Progress’
- Human Evolution
NCERT Solutions Class 10 Science Chapter 10 – Light Reflection and Refraction
- Reflection of Light
- Spherical Mirrors
- Image Formation
- Representation of Images Formed by Spherical Mirrors using ray diagrams
- Sign Convention for Reflection by Spherical Mirrors
- Mirror Formula and Magnification
- Refraction of Light
- Refraction through a rectangular glass slab
- Refractive index
- Refraction by Spherical Lens
- Image formation by Lenses
- Image formation by Lenses using Ray Diagrams
- Sign Convention
- Lens Formula and Magnification
- Power of Lens
NCERT Solutions Class 10 Science Chapter 11 -The Human Eye and Colorful World
This chapter gives you the clear idea on the human eye and its colorful world.
- The Human Eye
- Power of Accommodation
- Defects of Vision and their correction
- Refraction of Light through a prism
- Depression of White Light by a Glass Prism
- Atmospheric Refraction
- Scattering of Light
- Tyndall Effect
- Why is the color of clear sky is blue?
- Colour of Sun at Sunrise and Sunset
NCERT Solutions Class 10 Science Chapter 12 – Electricity
Class 10 NCERT solutions for science chapter 12 comprises of various topics. And, they are:
- The potential difference – Definition of volt and voltmeter
- Ohm’s law – Ohm and resistance
- Factors on which the Resistance of the conductor depends – Resistivity
- Resistors in series – Total/resultant/ overall and voltage across each resistor
- Resistors in parallel
- The advantage of parallel combination over the series combination
- Heating effect of an electric circuit – Joule’s law of heating effect of electric current, electric fuse, electric power.
NCERT Solutions Class 10 Science Chapter 13 – Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 13 includes the topic –
- Magnetic field and field lines
- Magnetic field due to current carrying conductor
- Magnetic field due to the current through a straight conductor
- Right-hand thumb rule
- Magnetic field due to a current through a circular loop
- Magnetic field due to a current in a solenoid
- Force on a current carrying conductor in a magnetic field
- Electric motor
- Electromagnetic induction
- Electric generator
- Domestic electric circuits
NCERT Solutions Class 10 Science Chapter 14 – Sources of Energy
Here you get the solutions for the concepts like:
- What is a good source of energy?
- Conventional sources of energy
- Thermal Power Plant
- Hydro Power Plants
- Improvements of Technology for using Conventional Sources of energy
- Alternative or Non-Conventional Sources of Energy
- Solar Energy
- Energy from Sea
- Geothermal Energy
- Nuclear Energy
- Environmental Consequences
- How Long will an Energy Source Last Us?
NCERT Solutions Class 10 Science Chapter 15 – Our Environment
In this chapter, our experts presents various environment components and how to interact with with each other and how it impact the environment.
- Eco System – What are its components
- Food Chains and Webs
- How do our activities affect environment
- Ozone Layer and How it is getting depleted?
- Managing the garbage we Produce
NCERT Solutions Class 10 Science Chapter 16 – Sustainable Management of Natural Resources
Here we mainly focuses on the following concepts:
- Why do we need to manage our resources?
- Forests and wildlife
- Management of Forest
- Water for all
- Water harvesting
- Coal and Petroleum
- Overview of Natural resources and Management
What are the Key Benefits of CBSE Class 10 Science NCERT Solutions
- Learn from India’s best teachers
- The effective and world-class learning experience
- Solved examples for Practicing and perfection
- Increases knowledge by providing the real-life applications
Preparation Tips for CBSE Class 10 Science Exam:
- Before starting preparations, the students are advised to get completely familiar with the topics covered in the syllabus
- Make a schedule/timetable with dedicated study hours for science. Give equal preparation time to Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. This will help students to prepare the subjects in a disciplined manner.
- Make notes while you study, they will help you at the time of revision. Notes will also help students to retain the information for a longer period of time.
- Refer previous years question papers, sample papers, mock exam and quiz to analyze and improve. Solving questions on a regular basis will also develop a student’s speed and accuracy.
The Central Board of Secondary Education is one of the oldest and most popular boards in the country. The board conducts national level exams for class 10 and 12 students every year in the month of March and April. These CBSE class 10 science NCERT Solutions is the best resource to prepare for the board examination. The students are suggested to follow these solutions of NCERT for class 10 on a regular basis to score well in their examination.