Class 10 is considered as the turning point in every student’s life. The result of class 10 will decide the stream for higher studies. The CBSE Class 10 Syllabus is a valuable resource for students. It includes the course structure, distribution of units marks and number of periods allocated for each unit. Along with this, the CBSE Syllabus for class 10 also provides information about reference books, projects, assignments, and practicals.
The CBSE Board exam 2020 is to be conducted as per the CBSE syllabus and not NCERT books. Here we have provided the class 10 syllabus for all the subjects as mentioned in the official CBSE website. So, students are advised to prepare for the exam as per the syllabus mentioned here.
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for all Subjects, Download Now
Students of CBSE Class 10 should go through the syllabus of each subject before diving into exam preparation. Through CBSE board syllabus for class 10 students will get to know the topics and concepts to be covered in each subject. Also, the final board exam question paper is prepared as per the CBSE 10th syllabus. So, students should study as per the syllabus guidelines. To access CBSE 10th syllabus of all subjects click on the links below. Students will also find the syllabus for science practicals.
|CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Maths|
|CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Science|
|CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Social Science|
|CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 English|
|CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Hindi|
|CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Information Technology|
At the time of the revision, CBSE board syllabus for class 10 is very helpful. It helps students in tracking a record of what all topics they have studied and what they need to cover yet. In class 10, practicals are equally as important as the theory. Students can get the complete list of science practicals, activities and project work through the Class 10 Science Lab Manual.
CBSE Class 10 Scheme of Studies
The table below shows the scheme of studies for class 10 students. There are 5 compulsory subjects, 2 optional subject and 2 subjects for the internal assessment.
|Compulsory Subjects||Language 1|
|Language 3 / Any Academic subject other than those opted above|
|Subjects of Internal Assessment||Art Education|
|Health and Physical Education|
Benefits of Knowing the Class 10 CBSE Board Syllabus
- It gives the students an overview of the topics they are going to study in the academic session.
- It works as a guide for the students of Class 10 while preparing for their Board exams.
- The syllabus is structured in such a way that it provides information from basic concepts to the higher one.
- It helps students to know on which topic to concentrate.
- It helps students to prepare confidently for their Class 10 Board exams.
Objectives of CBSE 10th Class Syllabus
The syllabus is designed with the aim to develop the following skills among the students:
- It helps students to explore the inner potential and enhance self-awareness.
- Inculcate the moral values and foster learning in students.
- Provide students with the knowledge of technology so that they can use it for the betterment of society.
- Develop the ability to show case talents.
- It promote the physical fitness, health and arts integrated learning.
Learn Maths & Science in an interactive & fun-loving way with BYJU’S App/Tablet.