Class 10 is considered as the turning point in every student’s life. The result of Class 10 will decide the stream students take up for higher studies. The CBSE Class 10 Syllabus is a valuable resource for students. It includes the course structure, distribution of unit marks and number of periods allocated for each unit. Along with this, the CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 also provides information about reference books, projects, assignments and practicals.
CBSE has revised the class 10 syllabus for the academic year 2020-21. The board has reduced the CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 by 30% for all the subjects. The decision has been taken due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic in the country. Here, we have provided the links to all major subjects of CBSE Syllabus for Class 10. By visiting the page, students will find the downloadable pdf of reduced CBSE 10th Syllabus along with the deleted portion of the syllabus for each subject. So, students are advised to prepare for the exam, as per the syllabus mentioned here.
CBSE Class 10 Syllabus for all Subjects 2020-21, Download Now
Students of CBSE Class 10 should go through the syllabus of each subject before diving into exam preparation. Through the CBSE board syllabus for Class 10, students will get to know the topics and concepts to be covered in each subject. Also, the final board exam question paper is prepared as per the CBSE 10th syllabus. So, students should study as per the syllabus guidelines. To access CBSE 10th syllabus of all subjects click on the links below. Apart from the syllabus of the theory subject, students will also find practical syllabus.
At the time of the revision, CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 is very helpful. It helps students in tracking the topics they have studied and what they need to cover yet. In class 10, practicals are equally as important as the theory. Students can get the complete list of science practicals, activities and project work through the Class 10 Science Lab Manual.
CBSE Class 10 Scheme of Studies
The table below shows the scheme of studies for class 10 students. There are 5 compulsory subjects, 2 optional subject and 2 subjects for internal assessment.
|Compulsory Subjects||Language 1|
|Language 3 / Any Academic subject other than those opted above|
|Subjects of Internal Assessment||Art Education|
|Health and Physical Education|
Benefits of Knowing the Class 10 CBSE Board Syllabus
Few of the benefits of knowing the CBSE Class 10 Syllabus have been listed below.
- It gives the students an overview of the topics they are going to study in the academic session.
- It works as a guide for the students of Class 10 while preparing for their Board exams.
- The syllabus is structured in such a way that it provides information from basic concepts to the higher level ones.
- It helps students to comprehend on which topics they need to concentrate.
- It helps students to prepare confidently for their Class 10 Board exams.
Students can get the CBSE syllabus for all subjects from class 1 to 12 by visiting the page here.
Objectives of CBSE 10th Class Syllabus
The CBSE 10th Syllabus is designed with the aim to develop the following skills among the students:
- It helps students to explore their inner potential and enhance self-awareness.
- Inculcate moral values and foster learning in students.
- Provide students with the knowledge of technology so that they can use it for the betterment of society.
- Develop the ability to show case talents.
- It promote physical fitness, health and arts integrated learning.
Learn Maths and Science in an interactive and fun-loving way with BYJU’S App/Tablet.