CBSE Class 12 Physical Education syllabus for the academic year 2023-24 has been released by the CBSE board on their official website. Download the CBSE Syllabus for Class 12 Physical Education from the PDF link provided below. The syllabus will help students score maximum marks in their examinations as the question papers are created based on the syllabus prescribed by the CBSE board. The CBSE class 12 Syllabus for Hindi 2023-24 will not have major changes compared to the 2022-23 syllabus. Therefore, students can familiarise themselves with concepts and start learning to perform well in their academics.
Students can directly access the CBSE Class 12 Syllabus for the academic year 2023-24 by clicking on the link below. The syllabus will help students to know the course structure easily, and they can prepare themselves accordingly. Along with the topics, the syllabus also provides the marking scheme and the time duration for each section.
CBSE Syllabus for Class 12 Physical Education 2023-2024
Students can download the latest released CBSE Class 12 Physical Education Syllabus PDF from the link below. Going through the syllabus will help students know the topics they will study in Physical Education during the academic year.
CBSE Class 12 Physical Education Syllabus: Course Structure 2023-24
Theory Maximum Marks 70
|CBSE Class 12 Physical Education Syllabus|
|Unit I: Management of Sporting Events||Unit VI: Test & Measurement in Sports|
|Unit II: Children & Women in Sports||Unit VII: Physiology & Injuries in Sports|
|Unit III: Yoga as Preventive Measure for Lifestyle Disease||Unit VIII: Biomechanics & Sports|
|Unit IV: Physical Education & Sports for (CWSN)||Unit IX: Psychology & Sports|
|Unit V: Sports & Nutrition||Unit X: Training in Sports|
Students can also check out the CBSE Syllabus for classes 1 to 12 from one place.
CBSE Class 12 Physical Education Syllabus: Practical Syllabus 2023-24
|Physical Fitness Test: SAI Khelo India Test, Brockport Physical Fitness Test (BPFT)||6|
|Proficiency in Games and Sports (Skill of any one IOA recognized Sport/Game of Choice)||7|
|Viva Voce (Health/ Games & Sports/ Yoga)||5|
Unit-wise CBSE Class 12 Physical Education Syllabus 2023-24
Below you will find the unit-wise CBSE syllabus for Class 12 Physical Education for students.
Unit I Management of Sporting Events
- Functions of Sports Events Management (Planning, Organising, Staffing, Directing & Controlling)
- Various Committees & their Responsibilities (pre; during & post)
- Fixtures and its Procedures – Knock-Out (Bye & Seeding) & League (Staircase, Cyclic, Tabular method) and Combination tournaments
- Intramural & Extramural tournaments – Meaning, Objectives & Its Significance
- Community sports program (Sports Day, Health Run, Run for Fun, Run for Specific Cause & Run for Unity)
Unit II Children & Women in Sports
- Exercise guidelines of WHO for different age groups.
- Common Postural Deformities – Knock Knee; Bow Legs; Flat Foot; Round Shoulders; Lordosis, Kyphosis, and Scoliosis and their respective corrective measures
- Women’s participation in Sports – Physical, Psychological, and social benefits.
- Special consideration (Menarche & Menstrual Dysfunction)
- Female Athletes Triad (Osteoporosis, Amenorrhea, Eating Disorders)
Unit III Yoga as Preventive measure for Lifestyle Disease
- Obesity: Procedure, Benefits & Contraindications for Tadasana, Katichakrasana, Pavanmuktasana, Matsayasana, Halasana, Pachimottansana, Ardha – Matsyendrasana, Dhanurasana, Ushtrasana, Suryabedhan pranayama.
- Diabetes: Procedure, Benefits & Contraindications for Katichakrasana, Pavanmuktasana,Bhujangasana, Shalabhasana, Dhanurasana, Supta-vajarasana, Paschimottanasana, Ardha-Mastendrasana, Mandukasana, Gomukasana, Yogmudra, Ushtrasana, Kapalabhati.
- Asthma: Procedure, Benefits & Contraindications for Tadasana, Urdhwahastottansana, UttanMandukasana, Bhujangasana, Dhanurasana, Ushtrasana, Vakrasana, Kapalbhati, Gomukhasana Matsyaasana, Anuloma-Viloma.
- Hypertension: Procedure, Benefits & Contraindications for Tadasana, Katichakransan, Uttanpadasana, Ardha Halasana, Sarala Matyasana, Gomukhasana, UttanMandukasana, Vakrasana, Bhujangasana, Makarasana, Shavasana, Nadishodhanapranayam, Sitlipranayam.
- Back Pain and Arthritis: Procedure, Benefits & Contraindications of Tadasan, Urdhawahastootansana,
Ardh-Chakrasana, Ushtrasana, Vakrasana, Sarala Maysyendrsana, Bhujandgasana, Gomukhasana, Bhadrasana, Makarasana, NadiShodhana pranayama
Unit IV Physical Education & Sports for CWSN (Children With Special Needs – Divyang)
- Organizations promoting Disability Sports (Special Olympics; Paralympics; Deaflympics)
- Concept of Classification and Divisioning in Sports.
- Concept of Inclusion in sports, its need, and Implementation;
- Advantages of Physical Activities for children with special needs.
- Strategies to make Physical Activities assessable for children with special needs.
Unit V Sports & Nutrition
- Concept of balanced diet and nutrition
- Macro and Micro Nutrients: Food sources & functions
- Nutritive & Non-Nutritive Components of Diet
- Eating for Weight control – A Healthy Weight, The Pitfalls of Dieting, Food Intolerance, and Food Myths
- Importance of Diet in Sports-Pre, During and Post competition Requirements
Unit VI Test & Measurement in Sports
- Fitness Test – SAI Khelo India Fitness Test in school:
Age group 5-8 yrs/ class 1-3: BMI, Flamingo Balance Test, Plate Tapping Test
Age group 9-18yrs/ class 4-12: BMI, 50mt Speed test, 600mt Run/Walk, Sit & Reach flexibility test, Strength Test (Abdominal Partial Curl Up, Push-Ups for boys, Modified Push-Ups for girls).
- Measurement of CardioVascular Fitness – Harvard Step Test – Duration of the Exercise in Seconds x100/5.5 X
Pulse count of 1-1.5 Min after Exercise.
- Computing Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR)
- Rikli & Jones – Senior Citizen Fitness Test
I. Chair Stand Test for lower body strength
II. Arm Curl Test for upper body strength
III. Chair Sit & Reach Test for lower body flexibility
IV. Back Scratch Test for upper body flexibility
V. Eight Foot Up & Go Test for agility
VI. Six Minute Walk Test for Aerobic Endurance
- Johnsen – Methney Test of Motor Educability (Front Roll, Roll, Jumping Half-Turn, Jumping fullturn
Unit VII Physiology & Injuries in Sports
- The physiological factor determining component of Physical Fitness
- Effect of exercise on the Muscular System
- Effect of exercise on Cardio-Respiratory System
- Physiological changes due to aging
- Sports injuries: Classification (Soft Tissue Injuries:(Abrasion, Contusion, Laceration, Incision, Sprain & Strain) Bone & Joint Injuries: (Dislocation, Fractures: Stress Fracture, Green Stick, Communicated, Transverse Oblique & Impacted)
Unit VIII Biomechanics & Sports
- Newton’s Law of Motion & its application in sports
- Types of Levers and their application in Sports
- Equilibrium – Dynamic & Static and Centre of Gravity and its application in sports
- Friction & Sports
- Projectile in Sports
Unit IX Psychology & Sports
- Personality; its definition & types (Jung Classification & Big Five Theory)
- Motivation, its type & techniques.
- Exercise Adherence: Reasons, Benefits & Strategies for Enhancing it
- Meaning, Concept & Types of Aggressions in Sports
- Psychological Attributes in Sports – Self Esteem, Mental Imagery, Self-Talk, Goal Setting
Unit X Training in Sports
- Concept of Talent Identification and Talent Development in Sports
- Introduction to Sports Training Cycle – Micro, Meso, Macro Cycle.
- Types & Method to Develop – Strength, Endurance and Speed
- Types & Method to Develop – Flexibility and Coordinative Ability
- Circuit Training – Introduction & its importance
Students can access the study material for CBSE Class 12 compiled in one place. Access interactive lessons and videos related to Maths and Science with BYJU’S App/Tablet.