University Grants Commission – National Eligibility Test (UGC NET exam) is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the post of only Assistant Professor or both Junior Research Fellowship and eligibility for Assistant Professor in Indian colleges and universities.
Candidates aspiring to appear for UGC NET Exam should be well aware of the NET exam eligibility criteria such as age limit, age relaxation, educational qualification and other important details. Eligible candidates can fill the NET exam application form and register for the exam from the official website of CBSE NET.
Steps to fill the UGC NET Application Form
For NET registration, aspirants will have to fill the UGC NET online application form from the official website of CBSE NET. Candidates should follow the following steps while filling their UGC NET form.
Step 1: Fill the UGC NET Online Application Form
To fill the UGC NET form online, candidates should visit the official website of CBSE NET and then click on the link “Apply for UGC NET” After that, the candidates must proceed to apply for the NET registration online. The details to be filled in the UGC NET online application form is given below.
- Exam related details: Candidates have to select their UGC NET exam center preference here. They will also have to select their subject and the post (Both JRF & Assistant Professor or only Assistant Professor) they want to opt.
- Personal details: Here candidates have to fill personal details such as gender, name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, email address, mobile number, etc.
- Mailing address: Candidates will need to provide their mailing address here.
- Permanent address: Candidates will need to provide their permanent address here.
- Education qualification: Here candidates will need to fill up details such as the status of their post-graduation (appearing/passed), subject of the postgraduate exam, name of the university, post-graduation passing year, a status of Ph.D. and MPhil (appearing/passed/not appearing), and other details.
- Password generation: Candidates will need to create a password after filling the UGC NET application form.
- Security pin: Here candidates will have to fill a security pin that will be already given on the page. After that, the candidates will be redirected to a new page on clicking the “Next” button.
Step 2: Uploading Photo and Signature
In this page, candidates will need to upload a scanned copy of their photo and signature. The scanned copy of images should be in the JPEG format. The details on how to upload the photo and signature for UGC NET application form is given in the table below.
|Dimension of the photo||4.5 cm (height) * 3.5 cm (width)|
|Size of the photo||More than 4kb but less than 40 kb|
Note: The image should be a current photo of the candidate.
|Dimension of the signature image||1.5 cm (height) * 3.5 cm (length)|
|Size of the signature image||More than 1 kb but less than 30 kb|
Note: The signature must be clear and should be in a white paper with black ink.
Step 3: Payment of UGC NET Application Fee
Candidates can pay the UGC NET application fee in 2 ways:
Credit/Debit Card: Candidates can use their credit or debit card to pay the UGC NET application fee digitally.
Bank Challan: A bank (Canara/Syndicate/ICICI/HDFC) should be selected by the candidates to deposit the UGC NET application fee via e-challan mode. An e-challan will be generated as soon as the applicant will select their bank. They should take a printout copy of the e-challan and then deposit it to the nearest bank they selected.
|Category||CBSE UGC NET Exam Fee|
|SC/ ST/ PwD||Rs 250|
Step 4: Confirmation Page
This is the last step for UGC NET registration. Here candidates will need to take a printout of the confirmation page which will be generated. They should keep it safely for further reference.
Stay tuned with Byju’s to get the latest notification on UGC NET exam. Apply online and get detailed information about exam pattern, exam syllabus, admit card, NET exam details and more.