The Staff Selection Commision’s Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam (often abbreviated to the SSC CHSL Exam) is an examination conducted by the Staff Selection Commision in order to recruit candidates for various posts in the Indian Administrative System.
According to the recently released SSC CHSL Notification, the exam will be conducted for the following positions:
- Postal Assistant (PA)
- Sorting Assistant (SA)
- Court Clerk
- Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)
- Data Entry Operator (DEO)
To know more about other SSC Exams, visit the linked article.
SSC CHSL Notification
This SSC CHSL Notification article aims to provide the following information:
Detailed articles on the syllabus and the eligibility criteria for the SSC CHSL examination can be found via the hyperlinks provided above. An SSC CHSL Notification PDF download link has been provided below.
Details on the online application process for this examination is provided below along with other relevant details.
SSC CHSL Exam Dates and Details
In accordance with the data released in the SSC CHSL Notification, the following table highlights details about the Recruitment process for the SSC CHSL Exam:
|SSC CHSL 2019 Exam Highlights|
|Name of the Recruitment Exam||SSC CHSL 2019|
|SSC CHSL Notification Release Date||March 5th, 2019|
|SSC CHSL Vacancies||5789 (Tentative)|
|Online Application Submission||March 5th, 2019 to April 4th 2019|
|SSC CHSL Admit Card||June 2019|
|Tier I Exam||July 1st 2019 to July 26th 2019|
|Tier I Exam Result||To be announced|
|Tier II Exam||September 29th 2019|
|Tier II Exam Result||To be announced|
|Tier III Exam||To be announced|
*Note: The dates of the examinations that are yet to be announced will be updated immediately after intimations from the SSC are received. Candidates can bookmark this article and frequently visit it in order to stay updated with the latest information through this year’s SSC CHSL Notification.
You can get more information on the dates of other upcoming SSC Exams, by visiting the SSC Exam Date page
A tabular column detailing the important dates associated with the SSC CHSL 2018 examination is provided below.
|SSC CHSL 2017- 2018 Exam Highlights|
|Name of Recruitment Exam||SSC CHSL 2017-2018|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|SSC CHSL Notification 2017-2018||18th November 2017|
|Last Date for Online Application||18th December 2017|
|SSC CHSL Tier I Admit Card Issued||February 2018|
|SSC CHSL Tier I Exam||March 4-26, 2018|
|SSC CHSL Tier I Result||June 15, 2018|
|SSC CHSL Tier II Exam||July 8 2018|
|SSC CHSL Tier II Result||May 10, 2019|
|SSC CHSL Tier III Exam||To be announced|
*Note: Due to certain circumstances beyond the control of the SSC, the SSC CHSL Exam 2018 has been delayed. Further updates will be provided shortly after intimations from the SSC are received.
To know more about other upcoming Government Exams, you can visit the linked article.
SSC CHSL Salary and Vacancy
The 7th pay commission features some growth in the SSC CHSL salary scales (for the aforementioned posts). As per the latest SSC CHSL Notification, a tabular column detailing the expected vacancies and the pre-revised salaries is provided below:
|SSC CHSL Salary and Vacancies 2019|
|Posts||Vacancies (Tentative)||SSC CHSL Salary INR (Pre-Revised)|
|LDC/JSA||1855||(5200-20200 INR) Grade Pay: Rs. 1900|
|PA/SA||3880||(5200-20200 INR) Grade Pay: Rs. 2400|
|DEO||54||(5200-20200 INR) Grade Pay: Rs. 2400|
|DEO Grade ‘A’||To be announced||(5200-20200 INR) Grade Pay: Rs. 2400|
Get more details on other SSC Exams by visiting the SSC Notification page
SSC CHSL Registration Process
The SSC CHSL recruitment process is online and aspirants should carefully submit the online application and registration details.
Online Application for the SSC CHSL 2019
The online application process for SSC CHSL 2019 began on the 5th of March, 2019. Potential candidates can visit the official SSC website (ssc.nic.in) to register.
As per the latest SSC CHSL Notification, the application fee for the SSC CHSL 2019 Exam is Rs 100/-. However, female candidates, candidates belonging to the SC/ST category, Persons with Disability (PwD), and Ex-Servicemen are exempted from paying the application fee. The fee can be paid through offline modes (e-challan) or through online modes such as internet banking and credit/debit cards.
To get more information on the admit cards of other SSC exams, visit the SSC Admit Card page
In order to register for the SSC CHSL examination, candidates can follow the step-by-step registration process listed below.
- Visit the official website of the SSC (ssc.nic.in)
- Select the SSC CHSL from the dropdown menu and click on the Apply Button
- You will be redirected to a new window where you need to click on the New registration application window and on the register button.
- Provide your basic details like Name, Date of Birth, Mobile No. Email ID etc
- Click on the submit button to complete the registration process
- You will be provided with a unique Registration ID. You need to log in with this registration ID, password and date of birth to complete the remaining steps.
- You need to upload your recent passport size photo and a scanned copy of your signature. The photo should be in dimensions specified and in JPEG format, while the signature must be done using a white/black ink on a white sheet.
- Login again with your registration ID, password to complete remaining steps
- Once done with the process go through the application form to make sure everything is in order.
- Click on the submit button to submit the application form.
- Now you can proceed to make payment through online or offline mode to complete the registration process.
Preparation strategies for the SSC CHSL examination can be found here: SSC CHSL Preparation.
Aspirants can also visit the SSC CHSL mock test page and get free mock tests based on the latest SSC exam pattern.