SSC CHSL Recruitment – SSC CHSL Notification for the year 2020 is not yet released. The commission released the official notification of SSC CHSL 2019 exam on December 3rd, 2019. As per the official notification, the SSC CHSL recruitment will be conducted to recruit 4893 personnel for various posts in SSC.
SSC CHSL Notification Update:
- SSC released a CHSL notification on August 5th 2020 stating that it is giving one-time exemption to all the 4560 candidates who were disqualified from SSC CHSL Tier II 2018 examination on the grounds of unfair means. The examination for CHSL Tier-II 2018 was conducted on September 29th 2019. Candidates can check the detailed SSC CHSL Notification PDF given below for detailed information.
- SSC has released new dates for SSC CHSL 2020 exam. The CHSL Tier I is now scheduled from October 12th 2020 onward. The notification for rescheduling of the exam released on July 21st 2020. Check the detailed information on SSC CHSL page.
For information on the revised dates of other SSC examinations candidates can check SSC Exam date page.
- Earlier, on June 1st, 2020, SSC announced the dates for SSC CHSL Tier I 2019 exam. The dates for SSC CHSL exam 2019 Tier I was scheduled from August 17th, 2020 onwards but is postponed due to the prevailing conditions of Coronavirus pandemic.
- SSC Postponed the SSC CHSL Tier I 2019 examination started from March 17th, 2020 due to the Coronavirus outbreak.
- The SSC CHSL Admit Card 2019 for Tier I exam is released. The exam for the Tier I is scheduled to start from March 17th, 2020 and will last till March 28th, 2020. Candidates can download the SSC CHSL Admit Card 2019 from the link provided here.
The Staff Selection Commission has released the SSC CHSL 2018 Result for Tier-II exam which was conducted on September 29th, 2019. Candidates who appeared for the SSC CHSL Tier-II 2018 exam can check their SSC CHSL Result on the linked page.
SSC CHSL Notification
The Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam (often abbreviated to the SSC CHSL Exam) is an examination conducted by the Staff Selection Commission in order to recruit candidates for various posts in the Indian Administrative System.
According to the recently released SSC CHSL Notification, the exam will be conducted for the following positions:
- Postal Assistant (PA)
- Sorting Assistant (SA)
- Court Clerk
- Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)
- Data Entry Operator (DEO)
To know more about other SSC Exams, visit the linked article.
This SSC CHSL Notification article aims to provide the following information:
Detailed articles on the syllabus and the eligibility criteria for the SSC CHSL examination can be found via the links provided above. The SSC CHSL Notification PDF download link for the year 2019 has been provided below.
Details on the online application process of SSC CHSL recruitment are mentioned below along with other relevant details.
SSC CHSL Exam Dates and Details
The Commission has not notified anything with regards to SSC CHSL 2020 examination. Aspirants of SSC CHSL exam 2020 will be updated with the same as soon as SSC CHSL Notification releases.
Given below is the tentative schedule of SSC CHSL 2020 Exam Dates:
|SSC CHSL 2020 Highlights|
|SSC CHSL Notification||November – December 2020|
|Online Application Submission||December 2020, to January 2021|
|SSC CHSL 2020 Tier I Exam||March 2021|
|SSC CHSL Tier-II Exam||June 2021|
|SSC CHSL Tier III Exam||To be notified|
In accordance with the data released in the SSC CHSL Notification 2019, the following table highlights details about the SSC CHSL recruitment process for the CHSL Exam:
|SSC CHSL Exam 2019|
|Name of the Recruitment Exam||SSC CHSL 2019|
|SSC CHSL Notification||December 3rd, 2019|
|SSC CHSL Vacancies||4893|
|Online Application Submission||December 3, 2019, to January 10, 2020|
|SSC CHSL Admit Card||February 2020 (Tentative)|
|Tier I Exam||March 17th, 2020 to March 27th, 2020 (postponed)
August 17th, 2020 to August 21st, 2020 (New Dates)
October 12th – October 16th 2020, October 19th to October 21, 2020, and October 26th (Revised Dates)
|Tier-II Exam||To be notified|
|Tier III Exam||Not notified|
Candidates can check the detailed SSC CHSL vacancy 2019-20 in the pdf attached below:
SSC CHSL Vacancies 2019-2020 – Download PDF Here
SSC CHSL Salary And Vacancy
The tentative vacancies in SSC CHSL 2019-2020 exam are approx. 3295 for various posts and the 7th pay commission features some growth in the SSC CHSL salary scales (for the aforementioned posts). As per the latest SSC CHSL Notification, a tabular column detailing the number of vacancies as per SSC CHSL Notification 2019-20 and pre-revised salaries is provided below:
|SSC CHSL Salary and Vacancies 2019 – 2020|
|Posts||Vacancies (Tentative)||SSC CHSL Salary INR (Pre-Revised)|
|LDC/JSA||898||(5200-20200 INR) Grade Pay: Rs. 1900|
|PA/SA||2359||(5200-20200 INR) Grade Pay: Rs. 2400|
|DEO||2||(5200-20200 INR) Grade Pay: Rs. 2400|
|DEO Grade ‘A’||To be announced||(5200-20200 INR) Grade Pay: Rs. 2400|
Get more details on other SSC Exams by visiting the SSC Notification page
SSC CHSL Registration Process
The SSC CHSL recruitment process is online and aspirants should carefully submit the online application and registration details.
Online Application for the SSC CHSL 2020
The online application process for SSC CHSL 2020 began on 3rd December 2020 which for the year 2019, began on the 5th of March, 2019. Potential candidates can visit the official SSC website (ssc.nic.in) to register.
As per the latest SSC CHSL notification, the application fee for the SSC CHSL 2020 Exam is Rs 100/-. However, female candidates, candidates belonging to the SC/ST category, Persons with Disability (PwD), and Ex-Servicemen are exempted from paying the application fee.
The Application fee for SSC CHSL recruitment can be paid through offline modes (e-challan) or through online modes such as internet banking and credit/debit cards.
To get more information on the admit cards of other SSC exams, visit the SSC Admit Card page
In order to register for the SSC CHSL recruitment drive, candidates can follow the step-by-step registration process listed below.
- Visit the official website of the SSC (ssc.nic.in)
- Select the SSC CHSL from the dropdown menu and click on the Apply Button
- You will be redirected to a new window where you need to click on the New registration application window and on the register button.
- Provide your basic details like Name, Date of Birth, Mobile No. Email ID etc
- Click on the submit button to complete the registration process
- You will be provided with a unique Registration ID. You need to log in with this registration ID, password and date of birth to complete the remaining steps.
- You need to upload your recent passport size photo and a scanned copy of your signature. The photo should be in dimensions specified and in JPEG format, while the signature must be done using a white/black ink on a white sheet.
- Login again with your registration ID, password to complete remaining steps
- Once done with the process go through the application form to make sure everything is in order.
- Click on the submit button to submit the application form.
- Now you can proceed to make payment through online or offline mode to complete the registration process.
SSC CHSL Application Fee
Candidates willing to apply for SSC CHSL recruitment process are required to pay rupees 100/- as CHSL application fee. However, female candidates of all categories, SC/ST, PwD, and Ex-Servicemen candidates are exempted from paying the application fees.
Application Fee for SSC CHSL Recruitment – Important points
- Applications fee should be paid either in the form of challan through SBI or via SBI Net Banking or any other bank Credit/Debit Card. Challan form will be generated online
- In case any candidate wants to pay a fee in cash, then he should take the print out of challan generated online after the completion of SSC CHSL registration. Deposit the requisite fee in any branch of SBI and then continue with the SSC CHSL Application Form filling.
- Those who want to pay online can opt for the second process of registration immediately i.e. Application form filling, after completion of the first process of registration. Candidate must save registration number and date of birth to continue to registration
Preparation strategies for the SSC CHSL examination can be found here: SSC CHSL Preparation.
Aspirants can also visit the SSC CHSL mock test page and get free mock tests based on the latest SSC exam pattern.