NIACL conducts a recruitment drive to fill the vacancy of NIACL AO post in its various branches across the nation. Aspirants can check relevant information on NIACL exams over here.
NIACL AO full form is New India Assurance Company Limited. The recruitment for Administrative Post is done for two categories.
- NIACL AO Generalist
- NIACL AO Specialist
|Prepare for the upcoming NIACL AO exam 2020 with the Free Online NIACL AO Mock Test Series.
Also, refer to the links mentioned below:
This article will talk about NIACL AO exam details like eligibility, recruitment and notification, salary and vacancy etc. concerning NIACL AO exam notification 2018.
Table of Contents
- NIACL AO Important Dates
- NIACL AO Recruitment & Notification
- NIACL AO Eligibility Conditions
- NIACL AO Syllabus & Preparation
- About NIACL AO Exam
NIACL AO Important Dates
The last NIACL AO exam was last conducted on March 2, 2019. And the official notification of NIACL AO exam 2019-20 is awaited.
Upkeep yourself with NIACL AO exam important dates and details on BYJU’s.
Important Dates related to NIACL AO exam 2020 is as mentioned below:
|NIACL AO 2019-20||Tentative Dates|
|Exam Name||NIACL Administrative officer exam|
|Conducting Body||New India Assurance Company Limited|
|NIACL AO exam official notification||April 2020 (Tentative)|
|Vacancy||The NIACL AO vacancy will be declared in the official notification|
|Registration Opens||June 2020 (Tentative)|
|NIACL AO Exam registration closes||June 2020 (Tentative)|
|NIACL AO Admit Card availability||Prelims- July 2020 (tentative)
Mains- August 2020 (tentative)
|NIACL AO exam 2019-20 date||Prelims: July 2020 (tentative)
Mains: August 2020 (tentative)
|NIACL AO Preliminary result||August 2020 (tentative)|
|NIACL AO Mains result||September 2020 (tentative)|
|NIACL AO Interview date||October 2020 (tentative)|
NIACL AO Recruitment & Notification
New India Assurance Company Limited conducts NIACL AO exam to recruit eligible candidates for Administrative Officer post in various cadres.
NIACL AO exam is not conducted annually. New India Assurance Company Limited releases notification to hold a recruitment drive as per the company’s requirement.
Check the linked article for detailed information on NIACL recruitment.
Apart from NIACL AO exam recruitment, New India Assurance Company Limited also holds a recruitment drive for NIACL Assistant exam.
Salient points of NIACL AO exam is given below:
NIACL AO Important Details
|Name of the Exam||New India Assurance Company Limited, Administrative Officer Exam|
|Conducted by||NIACL- New India Assurance Company Limited|
|NIACL Official Website||https://www.newindia.co.in/|
|NIACL AO Job Location||Across India|
NIACL AO Exam Notification
The last NIACL AO exam notification was last released on December 10, 2018 and the 2019-20 notification is yet to be released.
NIACL AO exam notification 2018-19 invited a total of 312 applications from open market for Administrative officers (Generalist & Specialist) in Scale-I cadre in NIACL. Important dates related to the same is given below.
NIACL AO Notification 2018-19
|Name of the Exam||NIACL AO Exam|
|Recruiting Body||New India Assurance Company Limited|
|Recruitment Post||Administrative Officer|
|Official notification of NIACL AO Exam 2018-19||December 10, 2018|
|NIACL AO Vacancy||312|
|Start of NIACL AO exam online application||December 10, 2018|
|Last date of registration||December 26 2018|
|NIACL AO Admit Card download||Preliminary exam – January 8 2019
Mains exam – February 8 2019
|NIACL AO exam date||Preliminary exam: January 30 2019
Mains exam: March 2 2019
|NIACL AO preliminary result announced||February 5 2019|
|NIACL AO Mains result announced||March 22 2019|
|NIACL AO Interview date||April 2019|
NIACL AO Vacancy
A total of 312 applications were invited by the New India Assurance Company Limited to fill the post of Administrative Officer in Scale-I cadre as generalist and specialist officers.
|Reserved categories||Number of Vacancies|
The distribution of NIACL AO exam vacancy in the year 2018-19 and 2016-17 is given in NIACL AO recruitment article linked here. You will also find the discipline and categories on this page.
NIACL AO Salary
Candidates who clear the NIACL AO examination are appointed as Scale-I officer in the New India Assurance Company Limited.
The NIACL AO salary structure for a scale-I officer is as mentioned below:
NIACL AO Salary Structure 2018-19
|Basic Pay||Pay Scale||Monthly Pay|
NIACL AO – How To Apply
Aspirants of NIACL AO examination have to register themselves for the same on the official website of NIACL.
Application of NIACL AO exam is accepted only through online mode. Candidates who wish to apply for NIACL AO 2019 exam should follow the given procedure.
Steps to apply for NIACL AO 2019 examination:
- Visit the Official Website of NIACL i.e. www.newindia.co.in/
- Click the option “Apply online.”
- Choose “Click here for new registration.”
- Enter your Name, Contact details and a valid mail Id.
- A provisional registration number and password will be generated and sent to the number and mail Id given by you.
- Log in with the registration number and password provided during application. Fill up the information asked and click on “Save and Next.”
- Recheck the details given, choose “Validate your details” and then click “Save and Next.”
- Upload your photo and signature as per the specifications given in the notification.
- Click preview to check the information provided by you and choose “Final Submit” only after verifying.
- Click on Payment Tab, proceed with the details.
- Click on Submit.
- Take a print out of the final Application form for future reference.
NIACL AO – Application Fee
The application fee for NIACL AO exam is non-refundable in any case and cannot be reserved for any other exam or selection.
Also, the transaction charge, if any, is to be borne by the candidates.
NIACL AO Application fees for reserved categories is given below:
NIACL AO Exam Application Fees
|SC/ST/PWD||Only Intimation Charges i.e. 100/- rupees|
|General & OBC||Application Fee plus intimation charges i.e. 600/- rupees|
NIACL AO Admit Card
The NIACL AO Admit card is released 15 days before the AO exam by the New India Assurance Company Limited.
Admit card for NIACL AO exam is released separately for the three phases of the exam, i.e. Prelims, Mains and Interview Process.
NIACL AO call letter for the year 2018-19 was available to download on January 8 for Preliminary exam and February 8 for Mains exam.
Candidates can download the NIACL AO call letter from the official website of NIACL by entering their registration number and password generated while applying for the Administrative Officer exam.
NIACL AO Eligibility Conditions
Aspirants of NIACL AO 2019-20 must fulfil the eligibility conditions prescribed in the official notification of NIACL AO exam.
The eligibility conditions to appear for NIACL AO exam is segregated on the basis of:
- Education Qualification
- NIACL AO age limit & relaxation
NIACL AO – Nationality
The NIACL AO eligibility criteria in terms of Nationality for Administrative Officer Job is as mentioned below:
A candidate must be:
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India Provided that a candidate shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
NIACL AO- Education Qualification
The minimum qualification for NIACL AO exam is a Graduate or Post Graduate degree from any government recognized University in any discipline.
Candidates who apply for Generalist cadre and belong to reserved categories like SC/ST/PWD must have at least 55% marks, and at least 60% marks are required for a General candidate to be eligible to appear for NIACL AO exam.
For the Administrative Officer- Specialist Cadre, the education qualification for applicants goes as under:
NIACL AO – Minimum Qualification (AO Specialist)
|Company Secretary||ACS/FCS from ICSI and Graduation Or Post-graduation in any discipline with minimum 60% marks.|
|Legal||A Graduate Or Post-Graduate in Law with minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST/PwBD)|
|Finance & Accounts||Chartered Accountant (ICAI);
A Graduation Or Post-graduation in any discipline with minimum 60% marks (55% for SC/ST/PwBD);
Cost and Management Accountant ICWAI- The Institute of Cost Accountants of India & bachelor’s Or Master’s Degree in any discipline with minimum 60% and 55% in case of SC/ST/PwBD;
MBA Finance Or PGDM FINANCE* Or M.COM with minimum 60% for unreserved candidates and 55% for SC/ST/PwBD
*Candidates with MBA Or PGDM Finance must furnish a certificate from the university confirming their specialization in finance at the interview, Failing which will disqualify them from appearing for the interview round.
Salient points related to educational qualification for NIACL AO exam:
NIACL AO Age Limit & Relaxation
As per the NIACL AO age limit eligibility conditions, a candidate must be born not earlier than December 2, 1988, and not later than December 1, 997.
Minimum age limit to appear for NIACL AO exam is 21 years and maximum age limit is 30 years.
The maximum bar on NIACL AO age limit mentioned-above gives certain relaxation for candidates belonging to reserved categories. Scroll down to check the Age limit relaxation.
Candidates should keep in mind the following important points related to NIACL AO Age limit:
Aspirants of Administrative Officer post can check NIACL AO Notification 2020 for further information on Administrative Officer Salary, vacancy, NIACL AO cut-off, Admit card and application process in detail in the linked article.
NIACL AO Exam Pattern And Syllabus
The NIACL AO Syllabus and exam pattern are set by the New India Assurance Company Limited.
Any changes in NIACL AO exam pattern and syllabus in the year 2019-20 will be notified through the NIACL Administrative Officer official notification.
NIACL AO Selection Process
NIACL AO exam pattern involves a written examination that is only conducted online.
NIACL AO selection process is divided into four stages-
- Preliminary Exam: comprises three sections, i.e. English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability. The questions asked are all objective type carrying the weightage of 100 marks.
- Mains Exam: comprises two parts, each having four sections. The Objective test is of 200 marks and Descriptive Test totals 30 marks. The four sections in the Mains Exam are English Language, Reasoning, QA and General Awareness.
- Interview: Candidates qualifying the NIACL AO Mains exam are called for the interview round. The weightage of online exam and Interview will be 80: 20 respectively.
- Final Selection: The final selection of NIACL AO exam is based on consolidated marks of the Mains exam and Interview round.
NIACL AO Syllabus
Aspirants of NIACL AO 2019-20 exam must keep up to date with the detailed NIACL AO syllabus.
For detailed NIACL Syllabus and exam pattern of all the exams conducted by New India Assurance Company Limited, check the linked article.
As mentioned, NIACL AO Syllabus for Prelims exam covers three sections, i.e. Reasoning, Numerical Ability and English. Similarly, the NIACL AO Syllabus for Mains exam covers four sections that include General Awareness apart from the above three sections.
The descriptive section of the Mains exam also asks questions related to professional knowledge only for the applicants of AO Specialist cadre.
The NIACL AO Syllabus covers the following topics.
NIACL AO Exam Syllabus
|Quantitative Aptitude||Reasoning||English Language||General Awareness|
Profit & Loss
Ration & Proportion
Simple Interest & Compound Interest
Problem-based on Age
Time & Work
Pipe & Cistern
Speed, Time & Distance
Allegation & Mixture
Train, Boat & Stream
|Fill in the blanks
Banking & Insurance Awareness
Government Policies & schemes
Candidates are suggested to refer NIACL AO Syllabus page for detailed topic-wise syllabus for Prelims and Mains exam, important booklist and preparation tips and the selection procedure followed in NIACL AO exam.
For preparation tips and important book list of different exams conducted by NIACL, Kindly refer NIACL preparation page.
About NIACL AO Exam
The New India Assurance Company Limited is one of the five assurance companies owned by the Government of India based in Mumbai.
It is the largest general insurance company of India founded in 1919 by Sir Dorabji Tata.
As per the requirement of the company, NIACL conducts recruitment to hire Administrative Officer in Specialist and Generalist cadre.
The NIACL AO Job profile for Specialist and Generalist is as mentioned below:
NIACL AO Job profile for Generalists:
Candidates appointed as AO Generalist in NIACL have to perform Claim settlements, risk assessment, underwriting, and Supervision of Assistants work. They will also perform verification of risk proposals and authorization of claims.
NIACL AO Job profile for Specialists:
- Company Secretary: Work profile of NIACL AO Company Secretary involves the efficient administration with regard to ensure that decisions of the board of directors are implemented and compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements are maintained.
- Legal Officer: NIACL AO Job profile of Legal Officer involves handling of all legal affairs of the Company. Prepare legal documents and provide legal assistance in various issues of the Company. Monitoring the errors and keeping the authenticity of the documents i.e.Contracts and agreements of the Company.
- Finance & Accounts Officer: NIACL AO job role for this profile involves management of the financial bookkeeping of the company, sending bills, processing refunds, resolving billing issues, interaction with collection agencies on past-due accounts, preparation of budgets and managing records and receipts, reconciling transactions and preparing balance sheets etc.
Candidates eyeing for a career in government sectors can find detailed information on various Government exams in the linked article.