The NIACL AO Syllabus is set by the New India Assurance Company Limited.
The Government-owned New India Assurance Company Limited conducts NIACL AO exam to make a merit-based selection of Administrative Officer in Generalist and Specialist Cadre. The NIACL Administrative Officer is Scale-I post.
Candidates who wish to apply for other exams conducted by NIACL must check the linked article.
The aspirants of NIACL Administrative Officer exam must be thorough with the NIACL AO Syllabus and exam pattern to ace the exam.
To ease your preparation for NIACL AO examination, we have compiled the list of important NIACL AO Books and topic-wise syllabus in the PDF given below.
To check the details and important dates of NIACL AO Notification, please check the linked page.
NIACL AO Syllabus & Exam Pattern
NIACL AO selection process and syllabus in the last two official notification of Administrative Officer recruitment exams, i.e. 2018-19 and 2016-17, was the same.
No changes in NIACL AO Syllabus and exam pattern in the year 2021 have been made in the official notification of the Administrative Officer recruitment exam.
NIACL AO Exam Pattern
New India Assurance exam pattern for Administrative Officer Post is set by the New India Assurance Company Limited.
NIACL AO is an online written examination conducted in two stages.
- NIACL AO Preliminary Exam
- NIACL AO Mains Exam
Besides these two written exams, candidates have to go through the Interview round and final Selection process to get appointed as Administrative Officer in NIACL.
NIACL AO Prelims exam is conducted online and comprises objective questions of 100 marks.
Prelims exam of NIACL AO consists of 3 sections. Details of the same are given below:
NIACL AO exam pattern for Prelims
|Sections||Number of questions||Max marks||Mode Of Exam||Duration|
|Quantitative aptitude||35||35||English Or Hindi||20 minutes|
|Reasoning ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|English language||30||30||20 minutes|
NIACL AO Exam pattern for Online Mains exam
Mains exam of NIACL AO is conducted in two phases:
- Objective Test of 200 marks
- Descriptive Test of 30 marks
Apart from the three sections in the Prelims exam, the Mains exam of NIACL AO covers two additional sections in the written examination.
- General Awareness (both for AO Generalists & Specialists post)
- Professional Knowledge Paper (only for AO Specialists)
The details of NIACL AO mains exam pattern is given below:
NIACL AO Mains Exam Pattern (Generalist)
|Sections||Number of Questions||Max Marks||Mode of Examination||Duration|
|Quantitative apt||50||50||English And Hindi||120 minutes|
The NIACL AO Mains Exam Pattern for candidates appearing for AO Specialist post is as follows:
NIACL AO Mains Exam Pattern (Specialist)
|Exam Type||Sections||Number of Questions||Max Marks||Mode Of Exam||Duration|
|Objective Test||Quantitative aptitude||40||40||English Or Hindi||90 minutes|
|Descriptive Test||Technical and Professional Knowledge||40||40||Only English||30 minutes|
NIACL AO Interview Round And Final Selection
Candidates who successfully qualify the Mains examination of NIACL AO online exam are called for the Interview round.
The minimum total score is decided by NIACL according to the number of vacancies in the company.
The candidate must obtain a minimum score for each section of the objective test separately to get shortlisted for the interview round.
Candidates must qualify in the descriptive test, but the marks in the descriptive test will not be counted for further shortlisting in an interview or final selection.
The ratio of online exam and Interview round is 80:20 respectively. The centre, address of the venue, time & date of Interview, is informed to the shortlisted candidates through their call letters.
Final selection of the candidates is based on the total marks obtained in the objective test of main examination & Interview round.
Candidates are advised to fulfil the specified eligibility criteria to be appointed as the Administrative Officer in NIACL, Failing which may cancel their candidature at any point of recruitment.
To check the detailed NIACL AO eligibility conditions, please refer to the linked article.
NIACL AO Syllabus
Candidates aspiring for a promising career in any government organisation must consider NIACL AO exams.
Those who wish to apply for the AO exam must be well versed with NIACL AO Syllabus to prepare well for the exam.
Three sections in NIACL AO syllabus for Prelims and Mains exam overlap each other, i.e. English Language, Reasoning and Numerical Ability. Besides these, General Awareness and professional knowledge section are added in Mains exam.
Topic-wise syllabus for each section in NIACL AO examination is as follows:
NIACL AO Syllabus for Reasoning:
- Coded Inequalities.
- Seating Arrangement (Circular, Linear, Square).
- Puzzle Tabulation.
- Logical Reasoning.
- Order/ Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test.
- Data Sufficiency.
- Blood Relations.
- Alphanumeric Series/ Number Series/Alphabet Series
- Direction based questions
- Inequalities (Direct and Coded)
NIACL AO Syllabus for English:
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze test
- Fill in the blanks
- Error Spotting/New Pattern Error Spotting
- Sentence Correction/Sentence Improvement
- Para Jumbles
- Para Summary
- Odd One Out
- Para Completion
NIACL AO Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude:
- Data Interpretation
- Simplification/ Approximation
- Number Series
- Quadratic Equations
- Quantity based problems
- Ratio & Proportion
- Percentage & Averages
- Profit & Loss
- Mixtures & Allegations
- Pipes and Cisterns
- Boats and Streams
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Time, Work and Wages
- Time & Distance
- Permutation, Combination & Probability
NIACL AO Syllabus for General Awareness:
- Current Affairs.
- Books & Authors.
- Sports added in NIACL AO Syllabus
- Obituary etc.
- Banking Awareness
- Indian Financial System
- History of Indian Banking Industry
- Regulatory Bodies Monetary & Credit Policies
- Budget Basics and Current Union Budget
- International Organisation / Financial Institutions
- Capital Market & Money Market added in NIACL AO Syllabus
- Government Schemes Abbreviations and Economic terminologies
- Other important concepts
- Abbreviations and Economic terminologies
- Other important concepts.
NIACL AO Exam Preparation
The syllabus of New India Insurance Company Limited for Prelims and Mains exam slightly overlap with subjects like Reasoning, English Language and Quantitative Aptitude getting repeated in both the stages.
NIACL AO Exam covers a vast syllabus. Therefore, we have collated some important tips to prepare for the AO exam.
Tips for English Language preparation
- The key to ace this section is extensive reading. Read editorials on a regular basis, read newspapers like The Times of India, The Hindu, and Economic Times.
- To ace, Reading comprehension section, try practicing at least 2-3 passages daily to get hold of the topic.
- Much importance should be given to Vocabulary building. Learn new words each day to enhance your word power
- Brush up basic grammar with emphasis on Articles, Tenses, Voice Change, and Subject-Verb Agreement.
- Practice Error Spotting, Reading Comprehension, Sentence Correction, Para Jumbles each day.
- Practice LIC HFL online tests regularly.
Tips for Numerical Ability preparation:
- Before starting preparation for Quantitative Aptitude section, it is important to learn the basics of each topic.
- Memorize the important formula, related concepts, and Tables
- Speed Time & Distance, Time & Work, Simplification and Approximation, Partnership, Mensuration & Geometry, Percentage & Probability, Trigonometry, Profit & Loss, Simple & Compound Interest are some important topics that can help you fetch good marks in the QA section
- Most important of all, practice as many mock tests as possible.
Tips for General Awareness preparation:
- General Awareness section helps to fetch a lot of marks. Just grab some good books and study material and learn them by heart to ace this section.
- Newspaper, Magazines and Business Journal readings daily are of utmost importance to prepare for current affairs sections.
- There are some really good apps for daily GK preparation that can also help in your general awareness preparation.
- Lastly, practise online quizzes to test your GK preparation.
Tips for Reasoning Ability preparation:
- The reasoning is a scoring section, more you practice the more you will be able to ace it.
- Include solving a puzzle while preparing for the reasoning section. Puzzles are an important part of this section.
- Some important topics in reasoning are Syllogisms, Coding-Decoding, Direction & Distance, Numeric/Alpha-numeric Series, Puzzles, Seating Arrangements and Data Sufficiency.
Tips for Company Secretary preparation:
- This is only for candidates applying in NIACL AO (Specialists) in the CS specialization. CS specialization is a scoring section. The candidate should be well-read for the subject of his specialization to ace this section.
Tips for Legal section preparation:
- Candidates applying for NIACL AO Specialists with Legal as the professional subject are applicable to prepare this section in the exam. The NIACL AO exam for legal preparation requires knowledge regarding legal policies, acts, schemes, etc.
Tips for Finance and Accounts preparation:
- Applicants of NIACL AO Specialist exam for the Finance & Accounts major must prepare for this section in NIACL AO mains exams. The questions in this section are related to finance, money market, accounts etc.
Solve NIACL AO mock tests for better results in the NIACL examination 2022.
NIACL AO Books
Candidates applying for NIACL AO Exam can refer to a lot of books available online for preparing the same.
Candidates are advised to choose from the latest edition of books available for the respective exam.
List of important Books to refer for NIACL AO exam preparation is as mentioned below:
NIACL AO Books – Reasoning
|Name of the books||Name of the authors|
|Logical & Analytical Reasoning (English)||A. K. Gupta|
|A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal & Non-Verbal (English)||B. S. Sijwali, Indu Sijwali|
|Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S.Aggarwal|
NIACL AO Books – English
|Perfect Competitive English||V.K.Sinha|
|Competitive General English||Kiran Prakashan|
|Objective General English||S.P.Bakshi|
Candidates should mainly focus on the grammar, vocabulary and reading comprehension parts while preparing for the English exam.
NIACL AO Books – Quantitative Aptitude
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Rajesh Sharma|
|Quantitative Aptitude||R. S. Agrawal|
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Arihant Publication|
|Mathematics Class 11th and 12th||R. D. Sharma|
NIACL AO Books – General Awareness
|General Knowledge by Binary Karn (Lucent Publications)|
|General Knowledge by Arihant Publications|
|General Physics by Rakesh Yadav|
|General Science by Lucent (English)|
Get the list of important NIACL AO Books and detailed syllabus compiled in one PDF.
As NIACL AO notification 2022 is yet to be announced, candidates are suggested to start early and put in all their efforts to crack the upcoming NIACL AO exam.
For more insurance exam updates or study material, candidates can visit BYJU’S.