Students do not pay much attention to the English subject. They feel that they can prepare for the subject by studying at the last moment. But, this does not happen in reality and they tend to score low marks. Owing to this, their overall percentage also decreases. So, to help them prepare better for the English subject, we have provided the CBSE Class 8 English Notes and Summary. Studying from these CBSE Notes will help students in understanding the explanation of the stories and poems easily. They can also revise all the chapters quickly by just going through the summary of the English notes.
To prepare for the writing section of Class 8 English exam, students must practice essays on various topics. By doing so, they can easily score marks in essay writing.
CBSE Notes & Summary for Class 8 English
Students of Class 8 CBSE board have two books to study. One is the Main coursebook, i.e. Honeydew and other is the supplementary reader, i.e. It So Happened. The chapters of Honeydew book contain both stories and poems. Whereas, It So Happened book has only stories. The questions in the exams are asked from these two books. So, students must prepare well by going through these CBSE Class 8 English Notes and Summary.
CBSE Class 8 English Honeydew Notes & Summary
There are a total of 10 chapters in Honeydew book of Class 8. Students can go through the chapter wise summary and notes by clicking on the links below.
- Chapter 1: The Best Christmas Present in the World Summary
- Chapter 2: The Tsunami Summary
- Chapter 3: Glimpses of the Past Summary
- Chapter 4: Bepin Choudhury’s Lapse of Memory Summary
- Chapter 5: The Summit Within Summary
- Chapter 6: This is Jody’s Fawn Summary
- Chapter 7: A Visit to Cambridge Summary
- Chapter 8: A Short Monsoon Diary Summary
- Chapter 9: The Great Stone Face–I Summary
- Chapter 10: The Great Stone Face–II Summary
CBSE Class 8 English Honeydew Poems Notes & Summary
The Honeydew books contain a total of 8 poems. Students can go through the meaning and summary of the poem by visiting the links below.
- Chapter 1: The Ant and the Cricket Summary
- Chapter 2: Geography Lesson Summary
- Chapter 3: Macavity : The Mystery Cat Summary
- Chapter 4: The Last Bargain Summary
- Chapter 5: The School Boy Summary
- Chapter 7: When I set out for Lyonnesse Summary
- Chapter 8: On the Grasshopper and Cricket Summary
CBSE Class 8 English It So Happened Notes & Summary
Apart from the main course book, there is one supplementary reader English book for Class 8 students. It has a total of 11 chapters. Students can access the notes and summary of each chapter by clicking the link below.
- Chapter 1: How the camel got his hump Summary
- Chapter 2: Children at work Summary
- Chapter 3: The selfish giant Summary
- Chapter 4: The treasure within Summary
- Chapter 5: Princess september Summary
- Chapter 6: The flight Summary
- Chapter 7: The open window Summary
- Chapter 8: Jalebis Summary
- Chapter 9: The Comet – I Summary
- Chapter 10: The Comet – II Summary
- Chapter 11: Ancient Education System of India Summary
We hope this information on CBSE Class 8 English Notes and Summary must have helped students in their exam preparation. They can also go through the essay on women empowerment and essay on independence day to improve their essay writing skills and to fetch more marks in the writing section of the English paper.
Frequently asked Questions on CBSE Class 8 English
Is CBSE Class 8 English difficult?
With constant reading and vocabulary practise students would be able to prepare well for the CBSE Class 8 English.
How to score high marks in CBSE Class 8 English?
1. Prepare from NCERT syllabus 2. Reading and writing practise 3. Vocabulary enhancement
Where did the language English originate from?
English emerged from the dialects and vocabulary of Germanic peoples—Angles, Saxons and Jutes—who settled in Britain in the 5th century CE.